• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Man it’s just too fucking long. Is there a reason you specifically tagged me to comment anyway? I see you tie him to me and/or magic. I know I’m not scum with him and asserting he’d play around magic the way he has as teammates is laughable so it’s already not very compelling

I really don't think it's that much of a read.

Here's the rub with your read, it was bothering me yesterday and after some meditating I'm able to communicate concisely what that is - it's unfalsifiable. My take on his approach is that he was playing nice and disarming potential threats. You're free to disagree, but when you consider what the other scenario is (acting aggressively towards Magic) I think that would actually make him more likely to be town based on your premise. So, it's shit.

Your take here kind of reminds me of how you defended Alco in the Eastenders game in which you isolated a single element of someone's play and called an arbitrary assumption of how they would act. Except funny enough I think that even has more standing than this call

Ultra

THE BEAR
Though I was under the impression he would vote for Nat after I instructed him to vote into the trifecta.

Can't really take issue with that throwaway vote though :hestonpls

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
But
There is something confusing me, that May not be sound to discuss too soon

Magic

Resplendent
Huh

Wish we’d have flipped Richard instead so I’d know whether or not I could trust magic kek.

Thing that stood out to me the most out of everything at EoD was tweet making a show of asking people to convince him of cases… and then throwing his vote on Haza who was never a viable lynch. Just bad. Also felt his take on Richard was lazy as fuck, disregarded everything to say “feels more lost than scum” despite the fact that me, magic, Shep and cp all wanted him voted out. Like as town there I’m fairly sure Tweet would take that way more seriously than just being like nah don’t see it gonna waste my vote instead

Richard isn't gonna be scum. I saw his posts from last phase. He looks lost more than saying anything scummy despite being incoherent.
CP flip/kill choice somewhat makes me reconsider things. I also don't think RDK is scum, although I'll read ultra's case properly.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Speaking of Nat, one thing I noticed yesterday is that she kept borrowing my positions on Magic and Poyser and slightly pushing them. But when it came to reading me she was unable to come up with anything that evidenced she had actually read and evaluated my posts seriously and instead opted for a very generic response that I’ve been productive.

I got the distinct impression I was just categorically written off by her as a non-option and treated as a resolved slot to play to and parrot. RDK also did a slight rendition of this when he used a descriptor I did in my case on Poyser - skimming the surface and note taking.

She would probably be my vote for today if it weren’t for RDK who looks horrible both in a vacuum and in respect to my current worldview of the game

Poyser

I really don't think it's that much of a read.

Here's the rub with your read, it was bothering me yesterday and after some meditating I'm able to communicate concisely what that is - it's unfalsifiable. My take on his approach is that he was playing nice and disarming potential threats. You're free to disagree, but when you consider what the other scenario is (acting aggressively towards Magic) I think that would actually make him more likely to be town based on your premise. So, it's shit.

Your take here kind of reminds me of how you defended Alco in the Eastenders game in which you isolated a single element of someone's play and called an arbitrary assumption of how they would act. Except funny enough I think that even has more standing than this call
Except it had literally nothing to do with his play around magic? Have you forgotten what the read was??
It was about the fact that he actively voted for magic to have the shield, and advocate as such in the thread, something he had absolutely no reason to do as scum because nobody else was talking about it, and keeping magic around is something he actively wouldn’t want as scum. Had nothing to do with him playing nice

Magic

Resplendent
Cool I’m alive.

As promised, I'm delivering RDK's head on a plate. Just gonna lead off with my pre-written case and then give some general impressions I got from my readback of yesterday.

For the sake of brevity - because I know people don’t actually look at these fucking things - I have omitted a couple of filler posts from his ISO. You aren’t missing anything.

Leads off by sheeping an impression of Magic had of Poyser, but then weirdly construes it into a neutral read on Poyser, which comes across as an awkward attempt at defending him

I’ve played slightly more games with RDK at this point than most of “the crew” and I feel like I have a pretty good draw on his scum game. There’s no flattering way to put this - he’s a fucking pussy. This is instantly recognizable behavior from Wrestling Wars in which he couches a position in “I totally noticed this completely on my own and agree with this guy”, because he literally did the same thing to me.

Preemptive activity excuse. Takes a swing at psychic - a fruit so low it’s already growing a sprout - and yet he still comes across as needing to explain himself here. Signs of nervousness.

Makes a very soft jab at Lethal, which later on he doesn’t even own up to. Extremely self aware posts and he melts the moment I look in his general direction.

Publicly sidles up to Magic and brings up shielding him. Easy pickings and possible pocket attempt - I have more to say about this particular subject as it pertains to Poyser and Magic so I’ll just leave it at that for now.

Bad soft push onto Remington, especially in hindsight, acknowledges a generic town tell “idc persona” and then immediately seeks to subvert it.

Admits he hasn’t even read Magic’s posts and wants to pass him the shield anyway. All of his takes and play so far can be summarized as playing to either Poyser or Magic with basically 0 organic thought in-between.

RDK displays absolutely 0 interest in solving here. With absolutely no clue of what he’s talking about, he implicates me for having a meta read on a player he has absolutely no history of, and further cements his disinterest from moving from the stake he’s planted by admitting he already decided to cast a vote.

This is just blatantly false lol

Backs down from stated position

Seeks an angle of attack on me after I start pressuring him. It’s gooey nonsense.

Horrendously scummy posts, and RDK is physically incapable of partaking in the game without talking about the fucking shield

Doesn’t qualify any of these.

Verdict: Scum. I’m pretty confident about this. Implicates one of Poyser and Magic, probably not both. I’m operating under the assumption he’s pocketing one and friends with the other, though not strictly because of RDK’s posts alone. I’ll go into this more in a bit - but basically they both read him as town for a reason that straight up doesn’t makes sense and it’s just to mesh that with them both being town.
i don't think the case is overtly bad, but it's just going at him for basically spouting non-sense. Honestly I think you can make a case about that for a lot of people.

As far as the bolded, I'm not sure what you count as "making sense" for town reads, but behavioural tells are a hell of a thing to get town reads and they're accurate. I read raem as town before anyone for essentially that reason and then continued reading him town because of his attitude/behaviour towards ekko. Just because they don't resonate logically, per se, doesn't make them bad reads.

Poyser

Though I was under the impression he would vote for Nat after I instructed him to vote into the trifecta.

Can't really take issue with that throwaway vote though :hestonpls
Saying you have no issue with the throw away vote is both such a surface level take and really bad. Even if RDK is scum, there’s not really anything in that vote that would stop them being aligned, because RDK was never in danger nor did he try and push it hard. It was just safe. You need to evaluate tweet himself and not just come with this crap

Poyser

Richard isn't gonna be scum. I saw his posts from last phase. He looks lost more than saying anything scummy despite being incoherent.
CP flip/kill choice somewhat makes me reconsider things. I also don't think RDK is scum, although I'll read ultra's case properly.
Are you joking? First he advocated for lynching Ekko and yet tied me to an Ekko town flip saying it would make me look bad. Does that make any sense to you? Does that come from somebody that has read the thread and is formulating real opinions or does it come from someone that is trying to make up an opinion on the spot and misremembered what happened?

Also, he voted to SHIELD RAEM? Like what??? Did he explain that? Did he explain reading him town?? Looks pretty convenient in hindsight now we know the flip doesn’t it

Magic

Resplendent
Speaking of Nat, one thing I noticed yesterday is that she kept borrowing my positions on Magic and Poyser and slightly pushing them. But when it came to reading me she was unable to come up with anything that evidenced she had actually read and evaluated my posts seriously and instead opted for a very generic response that I’ve been productive.

I got the distinct impression I was just categorically written off by her as a non-option and treated as a resolved slot to play to and parrot. RDK also did a slight rendition of this when he used a descriptor I did in my case on Poyser - skimming the surface and note taking.

She would probably be my vote for today if it weren’t for RDK who looks horrible both in a vacuum and in respect to my current worldview of the game
nat, much like raem, looks town based on her attitude towards ekko.

there's no reason to act out in that way and basically try to policy lynch as scum and write it off as the person is annoying. like it's genuine frustration. scum often don't put their own frustrations over their team(due to being in a chat with their team and knowing them), whereas town are much more likely to go down that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back