• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rej

Preeminent
Why did you voyeur him? If you town read him, and he claimed he rejected a convert yesterday, why do you think he'd be targeted by mafia two times in a row?
Either to rid of him or keep on framing him. But I think we have that cleared now...that 4-option lynch shit did not allow me to see through who mafia would frame at such.

Natalija

Divine Departure
Either to rid of him or keep on framing him. But I think we have that cleared now...that 4-option lynch shit did not allow me to see through who mafia would frame at such.
Dude... What is the point of voyeur-ing for a kill? If he was killed, we'd see it the following day without your voyeurism...

It makes no sense they'd visit him again if you believe his convert "claim". This is you reaching and you are IN LUCK we can't lynch you today

• Kek
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Preeminent
Dude... What is the point of voyeur-ing for a kill? If he was killed, we'd see it the following day without your voyeurism...

It makes no sense they'd visit him again if you believe his convert "claim". This is you reaching and you are IN LUCK we can't lynch you today
Would you had any better targets in mind?

Natalija

Divine Departure
Not very easily at all - I do think I could argue that Ekko has read Richard as town a bit too quickly but it unravels when I consider Richard's votes on Ekko, and also Ekko/Poyser, and also Ekko setting his stall out to defend Psychic, his Watcher claim, the presumed failed kill Night 2 - I would have to get past an awful lot to reach this one. I don't see myself getting there, no.
:sadpanda am gonna ask you to open your mind a bit today then. I'm *aware* of how clumsy Aureliboy seems, but we had gone insane together already

Ratchet

What a wall of text. Great gameplay, only that I am town and my claim makes sense.
I know that I have been playing flawful and I tried to correct my flaws at any stage of the game.

I would like to hear a tl;dr on why Aurelian is scum without tying it to me. The whole post is shaking my brain up like a milkshake.
I feel like the quotes already served that purpose, put in Fang's case I feel like the instances of his ingenuine commentary I pointed out, the need to tie himself to other players that I believe are town (he makes a show of it even - last day phase he was sure never to mention an aspect of his defence without making it known that Nat/Hime were also treated the same way, at the very least too many times for me to put it to coincidence). There is also the matter of his role claim, which came very easily and without any real need, and also happens to serve as a tool to hunt power roles. Given the nature of the game, it's arguably stronger than an alignment cop, and while I'm on that note I don't think he uses neither shot on Ekko/Ultra unless guided in some way.

As an aside, my issue when it comes to your claim is that there is significant overlap between a Voyeur and a Watcher, and a delayed Voyeur that is otherwise unrestricted in shots is very powerful in a game where we are hunting for recruits, especially because they are just naturally more of the thing come late game. If we are to get special roles in addition to the Viyeur, then it looks like overkill to me.

• You smart
Reactions: Rej

Ultra

THE BEAR
Alright, finished up.

@Ratchet Solid post that analyzes the game from multiple angles, as a slot I was having reservations about I can't find a single thing in there I strongly disagree with.

One thing you've brought to light is how Poyser tied your slot to Richard's - it's an angle I had not considered but makes sense. I was struggling with how inconsistently he was treating tweet and I think I can plausibly mesh that with him using a buddy to open up an angle of attack as an alternate explanation.

I'll go ahead and address your one indictment of my posts you brought up:

This is one of your worst posts in the game - inviting opening up your solve when your read is proven correct? How does that even work?

Which I can't even blame you for plucking out in hindsight. But basically my thought process here is that while I was reading Psychic as slightly town, a part of me was starting to reconcile the fact that maybe I was wrong and I was about to eat a shit sandwhich for giving her a pass based on my gut feeling when everyone else was reading her scum, from Magic to existing players. Though it may not have seemed like it my confidence had been somewhat sullied at that point and basically I would have to step back and reconsider if some of the players who had spent a lot of their energy chest beating over her for days straight had just been farming for content or not. Which is how I've arrived here (circled back, really) at Fang, who I share a lot of your thoughts with.

Ratchet

:sadpanda am gonna ask you to open your mind a bit today then. I'm *aware* of how clumsy Aureliboy seems, but we had gone insane together already
My mind is very much open - but I am prepared to defend a town read on Ekko within reason. For starters, how in Day 1 he didn't vote to save himself despite almost being lynched when he could, very easily, just hop onto the counter wagon. It resulted in a tie so it isn't like he could easily ascertain his survival. He did join the mislynch afterwards, but this is an element that needs some scrutiny.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Ultra should not be excluded, but Kekko is scummier than him and buddies him hard, so Kekko more likely scum than him. And they're never a team.

Ratchet

Which I can't even blame you for plucking out in hindsight. But basically my thought process here is that while I was reading Psychic as slightly town, a part of me was starting to reconcile the fact that maybe I was wrong and I was about to eat a shit sandwhich for giving her a pass based on my gut feeling when everyone else was reading her scum, from Magic to existing players. Though it may not have seemed like it my confidence had been somewhat sullied at that point and basically I would have to step back and reconsider if some of the players who had spent a lot of their energy chest beating over her for days straight had just been farming for content or not. Which is how I've arrived here (circled back, really) at Fang, who I share a lot of your thoughts with.
That's fair - I didn't take all that much objection to it, I just happened to read a lot of your posts today because with the thread mostly empty most of the game was you taking up pages lol, hence why it stood out.

Natalija

Divine Departure
My mind is very much open - but I am prepared to defend a town read on Ekko within reason. For starters, how in Day 1 he didn't vote to save himself despite almost being lynched when he could, very easily, just hop onto the counter wagon. It resulted in a tie so it isn't like he could easily ascertain his survival. He did join the mislynch afterwards, but this is an element that needs some scrutiny.
I think you're underestimating the setup - we never ever knew where the votes were exactly at.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
I can't be convinced to vote any of the other 3 today because I think they're all Town which means rip me. Just not cool :dunfukdup .

Natalija

Divine Departure
I can't be convinced to vote any of the other 3 today because I think they're all Town which means rip me. Just not cool :dunfukdup .
I can also go, knowing that you two are gonna carry on informed, but they will try to frame you more likely than me the nest day :dead

Ultra

THE BEAR
One thing I will state in defense of Richard's claim - as this set up is tagged "Ranked" and there is a conversion as an inherent part of the deal - I expect a great deal mechanically to bridge these two facts. We have a good amount of investigative roles, but if you take the voyeur out of the equation and believe every single claimed one is town, it still doesn't amount to a whole lot, and something that can tease out a recruit specifically seems a little necessary.

On paper. In practice, Richard might as well be playing a different game than the rest of us, and even if he's town it doesn't look like his role is amounting to very much, sadly.

Ratchet

One thing I will state in defense of Richard's claim - as this set up is tagged "Ranked" and there is a conversion as an inherent part of the deal - I expect a great deal mechanically to bridge these two facts. We have a good amount of investigative roles, but if you take the voyeur out of the equation and believe every single claimed one is town, it still doesn't amount to a whole lot, and something that can tease out a recruit specifically seems a little necessary.

On paper. In practice, Richard might as well be playing a different game than the rest of us, and even if he's town it doesn't look like his role is amounting to very much, sadly.
I mostly put that down to the claim that special roles will exist once recruits happen - something like a vanilla gaining an investigative role to check for recruiting etc. Otherwise I do agree, we have a restricted cop, a one shot busdriver, a two shot watcher, a vig that keeps shooting until it kills, a two shot vanilla cop and likely one scum in there too, which isn't exactly a wealth of role power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back