• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalija

Divine Departure
tbf no one pressed ultra for anything. it was good distancing, but it wasn't to the extent literally no one should have seriously questioned him for anything.

also good scum players can explain why their reasons for landing on a mislynch. if anyone, especially ekko, tells you "the reasoning matters more than the result" they're almost full of shit. you can't have an unlimited leash because you can logic out lynching poor playing townies repeatedly.
Not true, I asked him

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
"ingeuine townie" doesn't trust ekko after ekko keeps lynching town and protects a single town player from everyone else's POE, delaying their POE from pivoting elsewhere.
had issue with this as well
it was obvious that it wasn't just scum on psychic's case
Feel like just granting us that lynch earlier would've helped us move on and reasses

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
tbf no one pressed ultra for anything. it was good distancing, but it wasn't to the extent literally no one should have seriously questioned him for anything.

also good scum players can explain why their reasons for landing on a mislynch. if anyone, especially ekko, tells you "the reasoning matters more than the result" they're almost full of shit. you can't have an unlimited leash because you can logic out lynching poor playing townies repeatedly.
This was entirely a big part of why me, Nat, and Hime wanted to press Ekko or Ultra on. There is only so many times you can keep LEADING and starting mislynches consecutively, back to back, over and over, before the question has to go, "I know he's playing as a claimed townie but maybe his shit play should be distanced when the results keep hurting us?" at some point.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
When I said that, they were all like ????

Though, I do apologize for the tunnel @Ekkologix

It's just that you sounded so anti-town hand in hand with Ultra, just the pocketing was the other way around :dank
i dont see me ever lynching ultra so game is lost eitherway

id go through fang and richard first but never ultra

surprised the convert was accepted tho

Poyser

@Grammaton you approved this?

also what in the actual fuck t-pein.
No he’s taking the piss
He never announced the sub in the thread for some reason. I responded to ultra initially after he repped in not realising he subbed in for TAT kek. It was like 2 posts, after that I knew. Ultra always knew I was his teammate

Magic

Resplendent
We were pretty underpowered. Mass claim happened D2 and we got swamped.

disagree on that. you guys made up in utility what you lacked in claims(this 4 man lynch that steals a lynch from town, sending the recruit a message, and the lack of town being able to vote properly) all pretty well equalized what scum were lacking.

i will say while somewhat balanced, the game lacked a lot in terms of strategy/skill lol. town can't do vote analysis or pressure properly. scum can't properly gameplan without a day chat. i'd love to never see either of those mechanics ever again(same with the lynch stealing list).

Natalija

Divine Departure
had issue with this as well
it was obvious that it wasn't just scum on psychic's case
Feel like just granting us that lynch earlier would've helped us move on and reasses
TO BE FAIR, the game he linked and his argument did convince me she was town.

Ratchet

I found it particularly painful when @Ratchet came along and agreed with Ultra on Aureliboy :blobcry
In fairness, I did the best with what I had. I don't have any issues with being wrong on Uktra, that level of distancing is going to work most times. I was more confident on Richard over Fang and I tried to find holes in my suspicion of the latter but it was hard to breach - scum played well.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Though ngl I might just generally be biased when it comes to Voyeur claims ever since scum Finalbeta claimed the role in ToS when it wasn't even a possible role in the game. Though the role has no business in a Cult game without even being the special invest role.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member

it required the town in PoE to be a bit more genuine for us to see it

like we could see faint traces of aurelian being town since he believed in himself, but it was not enough

Ultra

THE BEAR
disagree on that. you guys made up in utility what you lacked in claims(this 4 man lynch that steals a lynch from town, sending the recruit a message, and the lack of town being able to vote properly) all pretty well equalized what scum were lacking.

i will say while somewhat balanced, the game lacked a lot in terms of strategy/skill lol. town can't do vote analysis or pressure properly. scum can't properly gameplan without a day chat. i'd love to never see either of those mechanics ever again(same with the lynch stealing list).

I will grant you that - but between our lynch control and our superkill, what it effectively did is +1 us a cycle for a 3 man team. It was pretty hard not having anything to fake claim with. I won't go as far as to say it was unbalanced, but we couldn't check that flood of PR claims and so we had to make a decision on who to cover, and ultimately that costed us Poyser. Fortunately the rest of town didn't put too much stock into claims, in large part because of execution and my shading lol

Magic

Resplendent
it required the town in PoE to be a bit more genuine for us to see it

like we could see faint traces of aurelian being town since he believed in himself, but it was not enough

ekko man up and just say you played like shit. dont talk about others being genuine or what they lacked, you played an awful game and you cant grow from it by pointing fingers you put in a lot of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back