• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
here ekko let me ask you something.

if you keep on being wrong, why do you find it hard not to just accept maybe you need to let someone else try solving rather than taking it by the head every single time?

you cant just absolve yourself from all the mislynches. it just doesn't make sense.
im not absolving myself. all im gna say is in an alternate universe psychic and me get lynched instead of lethal/hime then town just lynches lethal hime after

we needed to find ultra to win lol

Magic

Resplendent
I will defend not catching Ultra through misreading players, though. I can only speak for myself, but while I don't show it I second guess myself a lot and actually lack quite a lot of confidence when it comes to settling on a read, primarily out of fear of being wrong and hurting the town. It's a fear I usually have to push past in games but I've always been that way,even when I think I have a strong bead on a player I overthink it all the time, and when I *am* wrong, I crush myself quite harshly because of this. I've just gotten good over the years if having a veneer of confidence. I know that Ultra is similar to me on this, too, so personally when I see someone be wrong a lot I don't automatically assume it can only be because they're scum, which certainly isn't the best process to have but one that I can't help but consider.

^Mostly for @Magic
i second myself a lot too and also don't show it. it sucks mislynching people. i legitimately feel bad i can control a lynch to the point i can remove someone from playing a game that was apart of my team. i have the exact same fears as you. And I push past it too. that isn't the point here though(and even with all that, misfiring a bunch still should lead to suspicion on anyone).

and the point isn't just that he was wrong on ultra. ultra played well, good distancing, blah blah blah. im not suggesting if im in the game i catch him. it's just ekko being in the way of town all game in every other way too. he plays like a main character with everyone else as side characters.

Magic

Resplendent
im not absolving myself. all im gna say is in an alternate universe psychic and me get lynched instead of lethal/hime then town just lynches lethal hime after

we needed to find ultra to win lol

do you know how hard it was to shoot poyser instead of psychic knowing that psychic likely doesn't get solved by most of town and stays in the way of poe for that matter?

literally it came down to at the end i had a legit scum read on poyser on play and an absence of read on psychic that i couldn't justify shooting him over her.

do you know what helps? if she's lynched and rdk isn't lynched, who had town reads on him from more than just one player.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
i second myself a lot too and also don't show it. it sucks mislynching people. i legitimately feel bad i can control a lynch to the point i can remove someone from playing a game that was apart of my team. i have the exact same fears as you. And I push past it too. that isn't the point here though(and even with all that, misfiring a bunch still should lead to suspicion on anyone).

and the point isn't just that he was wrong on ultra. ultra played well, good distancing, blah blah blah. im not suggesting if im in the game i catch him. it's just ekko being in the way of town all game in every other way too. he plays like a main character with everyone else as side characters.
ur not seeing things from my PoV here. u want me to let town lynch psychic day 3? now what?

comes day 4 we r in the same place again, just no psychic lol. psychic being modkilled never helped us see scum ultra

day 4 lets say i was lynched. now what

fang's lynch becomes easy asfk. in fact fang goes right after me

and thats with lethal/hime alive

for me to ever suspect ultra im gna need to either see fang flip town or read him as solid town. i could not do that. that was the biggest mistake on my part

Ultra

THE BEAR
I will defend not catching Ultra through misreading players, though. I can only speak for myself, but while I don't show it I second guess myself a lot and actually lack quite a lot of confidence when it comes to settling on a read, primarily out of fear of being wrong and hurting the town. It's a fear I usually have to push past in games but I've always been that way,even when I think I have a strong bead on a player I overthink it all the time, and when I *am* wrong, I crush myself quite harshly because of this. I've just gotten good over the years if having a veneer of confidence. I know that Ultra is similar to me on this, too, so personally when I see someone be wrong a lot I don't automatically assume it can only be because they're scum, which certainly isn't the best process to have but one that I can't help but consider.

^Mostly for @Magic

I was so worried about you coming in in particular because I thought my D1 in hindsight was only *ok* on the surface - I think if it weren't for all the investment into distancing with Poyser I wouldn't have gotten as much credibility as I did. This was my first honest scum game from start to finish in a while and I didn't start limbering up until after Day 1. I played into my town tells on purpose, method acted into all my pushes, invested energy even when the splits were town - and then by contrast you had players like Fang, who were utterly inexplicable unless you discounted all rationale and just realized the guy is too proud to admit mistakes. I didn't leave too many threads hanging, except for the lynch pool, but I was prepared to WIFOM that and climb out of the crab bucket as well.

Ratchet

Yeah, I get that - I obviously have issues with how Ekko played here too, not in the least having to defend the association with Fang he drew up out of thin air lol. Just wanted to establish why personally even when subbing in it didn't register all that heavily for me - which I fully admit is a failing on my part, but one I can see in Ekko too which is why I mostly just come away from this was just well played by Ultra. I don't think I'd ever seen him distance quite that hard from his scum mate either - which I assume was the aspect of my scum play he referenced in his recruit message (the game he mentioned with Raem and I in day 1 specifically).

Magic

Resplendent
ur not seeing things from my PoV here. u want me to let town lynch psychic day 3? now what?

comes day 4 we r in the same place again, just no psychic lol. psychic being modkilled never helped us see scum ultra

day 4 lets say i was lynched. now what

fang's lynch becomes easy asfk. in fact fang goes right after me

and thats with lethal/hime alive

for me to ever suspect ultra im gna need to either see fang flip town or read him as solid town. i could not do that. that was the biggest mistake on my part
the game does not proceed the same way with different mislynches lol.

and psychic was up for lynch on day 2*

Emil

V.I.P. Member
do you know how hard it was to shoot poyser instead of psychic knowing that psychic likely doesn't get solved by most of town and stays in the way of poe for that matter?

literally it came down to at the end i had a legit scum read on poyser on play and an absence of read on psychic that i couldn't justify shooting him over her.

do you know what helps? if she's lynched and rdk isn't lynched, who had town reads on him from more than just one player.
then magic how did i stop psychic's lynch? if the town wanted her hard enough they could have lynched her. lots of ppl didnt vote for her

i think u r speaking mostly hindsight here

what will end up happening is simply me and psychic lynched and then ppl will be stuck on fang lol. there was nothing tying psychic and ultra together. fang flipping was much more valuable than psychic flip. do u agree?

Ultra

THE BEAR
Yeah, I get that - I obviously have issues with how Ekko played here too, not in the least having to defend the association with Fang he drew up out of thin air lol. Just wanted to establish why personally even when subbing in it didn't register all that heavily for me - which I fully admit is a failing on my part, but one I can see in Ekko too which is why I mostly just come away from this was just well played by Ultra. I don't think I'd ever seen him distance quite that hard from his scum mate either - which I assume was the aspect of my scum play he referenced in his recruit message (the game he mentioned with Raem and I in day 1 specifically).

We did something similar in Flower's breakfast game, though it was coordinated.

My other motive for distancing with Poyser, before we even talked, was knowing that in a recruitment game he would be prime suspect to be targeted, as all high profile players are, and right away I knew I needed to dirty him just a bit and keep him at arm's length. Unfortunately, the only player who would consider vig'ing him was vig, and did.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
the game does not proceed the same way with different mislynches lol.

and psychic was up for lynch on day 2*
im going to just maintain that a fang lynch day 2 > psychic lynch day 2

i have no idea how a psychic lynch will help u arrive at ultra

for me a fang town lynch might get me to scratch the ultra surface but even then only barely

i dont wanna take anything from ultra/poyser play. they did great

Magic

Resplendent
i do not fault people for not getting it right. i fault them for behaviour.

similar to that is anyone that says they're fine with losing to x because "they've played hard" because that's a slap in the face to your own team.

things of that nature. it's a team game, play as a team. look at what you could have done better, not everyone else. with ekko there's too much repetition of dominating the day phases and blaming the ones around him. even when he blames himself he still points fingers at others.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
richard was my scum read in day 1

what i need to do is have an ingenuine filter while playing these games
Final Count
Richard Mille
> Ekko
Natalija > Ekko
Lethal > Ekko
Raem > Ekko
Goth Boy > Goth Boy > Ekko
Ultra > Nat > Ekko
Aurelian > Raem
Poyser > Raem
RDK > Raem
Psychic > Raem
Shepard > Richard > Raem
CraigPelton > Richard > Raem
Magic > Richard > Raem
Ekkologix > Nat > Raem
hime > Nat > Raem
Hans Tweetenberg > RDK > Raem

Ekko - 6
Raem - 10

Raem has been banished.
Raem was a Faithful
the hell he was, you didn't vote for him and you had me as scummy when I was the main person sussing him

Ratchet

I was so worried about you coming in in particular because I thought my D1 in hindsight was only *ok* on the surface - I think if it weren't for all the investment into distancing with Poyser I wouldn't have gotten as much credibility as I did. This was my first honest scum game from start to finish in a while and I didn't start limbering up until after Day 1. I played into my town tells on purpose, method acted into all my pushes, invested energy even when the splits were town - and then by contrast you had players like Fang, who were utterly inexplicable unless you discounted all rationale and just realized the guy is too proud to admit mistakes. I didn't leave too many threads hanging, except for the lynch pool, but I was prepared to WIFOM that and climb out of the crab bucket as well.
I've been saying pretty consistently that your scum play gets underrated from players who haven't had all that much exposure to it, if nothing else that should probably change. I don't even want to put it down to too many bad town players here - I think the way you played this, especially with the distancing early and the way it was done, was going to make it difficult to lynch you or even really catch on, and that would only be half the battle anyway. I can only really say well played. I would also add that it was your sincerity that factored most heavily in my decision to accept the recruit too - part of me felt it would be wrong out of hand not to after that.

Ultra

THE BEAR
The turnaround on Richard was definitely one of the most inexplicable parts of early game, we were formulating our exit/bussing strategy when all the townies just chimed in and reversed their read for no reason at all.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
then magic how did i stop psychic's lynch? if the town wanted her hard enough they could have lynched her. lots of ppl didnt vote for her

i think u r speaking mostly hindsight here

what will end up happening is simply me and psychic lynched and then ppl will be stuck on fang lol. there was nothing tying psychic and ultra together. fang flipping was much more valuable than psychic flip. do u agree?
Your flip would've been better imo because I wasn't the one forcing town's into mislynchs every day phase so conclusively the game would've gone differently. Whose hard repping Ultra with you gone? Psychic? Or the barely active Richard?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
@CraigPelton was on my day 1 scum reads. admittedly it went a bit down after the claim but i was planning to lynch ratchet > richard/fang. if there was no lynch list we'd lynch fang > richard then we would see ultra goth in f3 @Magic

where am at rn. too many nulls

2. @Richard Mille - null/scum
3. @Goth Boy - null
4. @Hans Tweetenberg - null
5. @Shepard - town
6. @RÆM - null
7. @Aurelian - null
8. @Ultra - lean town
9. @Poyser - null/town
10. @CraigPelton - null/scum
11. @Magic - lean scum
12. @RDK - null
13. @Psychic - null
14. @Natalija - null
15. @Lethal - null/scum
16. @hime - null

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Your flip would've been better imo because I wasn't the one forcing town's into mislynchs every day phase so conclusively the game would've gone differently. Whose hard repping Ultra with you gone? Psychic? Or the barely active Richard?
would my flip tell u ultra is scum? it wud only get u lynched

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
@CraigPelton was on my day 1 scum reads. admittedly it went a bit down after the claim but i was planning to lynch ratchet > richard/fang. if there was no lynch list we'd lynch fang > richard then we would see ultra goth in f3 @Magic
you were already talking about nat being your lynch choice before richard claimed. by that point me, shep, and magic had already said richard should be the lynch. putting him on one of your random lists means fuck all

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I've been saying pretty consistently that your scum play gets underrated from players who haven't had all that much exposure to it, if nothing else that should probably change. I don't even want to put it down to too many bad town players here - I think the way you played this, especially with the distancing early and the way it was done, was going to make it difficult to lynch you or even really catch on, and that would only be half the battle anyway. I can only really say well played. I would also add that it was your sincerity that factored most heavily in my decision to accept the recruit too - part of me felt it would be wrong out of hand not to after that.
u did right choice

Ratchet

We did something similar in Flower's breakfast game, though it was coordinated.
I think you mean Bravely Default, the Breakfast one was me scum and you/remchu as tons in final 3, which you guys won (I still blame John Wayne the Serial Killer). But yes, though even then I don't think it went to quite the level it went here. Not to imply it was too risky - I think it's pretty obvious that you'd calculated it correctly given how things played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back