• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Always expect some kind of crazy twist that turns the whole plot as we know it upside down for almost any volume but this right here, especially the build up leading to it, is up there as one of my favorites in the whole series.

“Don’t tell those two. It would ruin the romantic mood.”

The boy realized he had recovered enough to complain about that.

He gave the embracing couple a silent look while still collapsed on his rear.

Then he sighed and spoke up.

Alice, what is this?

Alice just became one of my favorite characters for this volume. And even before that, she was basically a nicer, less bratty Index that made for fun interactions with poor Touma buying rations while on a tight budget

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What living in Academy City does to you

ke3nqpdy43b81.png

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
First I need the average volume of a 50-story building since there are no images
https://buildingtheskyline.org/skyscraper-height-iv/#:~:text=So, for simplicity, assume that,high rise in the U.S.

1858 m² for average floor

Now to know the height I used this calculator and it gave me 216 meters high

Volume: 1858 m² * 216 m = 401328 m³

But the buildings are 80% hollow so...

Volume: 0.2* 401328= 80265.6 m³

Volume: 80265.6 m³ or 80265600000 cc

Energy: 80265600000 cm³ * 12232.65 J/cm³ = 9.81860992e+14 J or 235 Kilotons of TNT

Inspired by this calc

https://physics.stackexchange.com/q...ompress-a-sphere-of-a-solid-to-a-certain-size

https://imgur.io/XxzuUmU

https://imgur.io/5KOAO0u

The first things I should find are Young's Modulus and Poisson's ratio from the concrete...

And

50GPa and 0.2
K= (50e9) pa / (3*(1-(2*0.2)))= 27777777777.8 pa or 27 GPa
V1= 80265.6 m³

https://www.livestrong.com/article/95983-three-sizes-balls-used-softball/

The size of a standard Softball is 12 inches of 30.48 cm of diametre
https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/sphere-volume

V2= 0.014827 m³

∆V= V2 - V1
∆V= 0.014827 m³ - 80265.6 m³ = -80265.585173
∆V/V= -80265.585173/0.014827 = -5413474.41647

∆P= –K * (∆V/V)
∆P= –(27777777777.8 pa)* (-5413474.41647)= 1.5037429e+17pa

∆U= –∆P*∆V
∆U= –(1.5037429e+17pa) * ( -80265.585173m³) = 1.20698804e+22J or 2.8 Teratons of TNT
:awesome:awesome:awesome

That the number is very large does not surprise me because everything that has to do with compressing something into a tiny volume requires a lot of energy, in a way it is what happens when a star collapses, it is compressed until it becomes a neutron star, What I am not sure is if that formula is accepted here since I have only seen one user in FV to use it, and a consensus would be needed on the use of that formula.

This is not exactly a low and a high end, but calculating that feat with two different methods.

Results
Maidono's telekinesis Method#1: 235 Kilotons of TNT
Maidono's telekinesis Method#2: 2.8 Teratons of TNT
By the way, in case the second method of Maidono calc was valid, to whom would it be scaled?

I guess the Saints, Mugino, Gunha, Misaka (base) and Kakine.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Can someone remind me how fast we treat Flaming;Sword as again?
We never gave it a velocity, we have the quote that it has infinite acceleration but it was not accepted.

You can give it PS from Crowley since he wasn't going to react in time and it took a miracle from Lilith to reverse the cause and effect.

Now how fast is Crowley? I guess with the bible and all those PU should be scale from Alice throwing her things dozens light years away and Mathers surpassing (pre-NT22) Accelerator's processing speed that we gave him the one to calculate LO's mind (we didn't take the calculating the movement of each particle of AC because the number is ridiculous and seems to be an outlier).
So it would be thousands of times faster than light.

If you're feeling lucky, you might be able to argue that it's faster than Othinus's arrow, the stars that Othinus threw, and that Coronzon's incomplete ritual would destroy half the universe which would give it trillions to quadrillion times the speed of light but you would have to find a reason for it to scale.

Could be scale it that because that attack is more powerful than the ones mentioned but that is my assumption.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
We never gave it a velocity, we have the quote that it has infinite acceleration but it was not accepted.

You can give it PS from Crowley since he wasn't going to react in time and it took a miracle from Lilith to reverse the cause and effect.

Now how fast is Crowley? I guess with the bible and all those PU should be scale from Alice throwing her things dozens light years away and Mathers surpassing (pre-NT22) Accelerator's processing speed that we gave him the one to calculate LO's mind (we didn't take the calculating the movement of each particle of AC because the number is ridiculous and seems to be an outlier).
So it would be thousands of times faster than light.

If you're feeling lucky, you might be able to argue that it's faster than Othinus's arrow, the stars that Othinus threw, and that Coronzon's incomplete ritual would destroy half the universe which would give it trillions to quadrillion times the speed of light but you would have to find a reason for it to scale.

Could be scale it that because that attack is more powerful than the ones mentioned but that is my assumption.

I mean, is it really an outlier for top tiers to be that fast? :mjpls

Nerfed Magic Gods should be superior to Othinus, of whom was capable of reacting to her own attacks, which you just mentioned, of course.

And Aleister/Coronzon/Accelerator/Aiwass (etc etc) are all capable of fighting them just fine, for the most part.

To be honest, it being an outlier isn't enough to disqualify it as a feat.

It'd only scale to top tiers anyway, I think.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
There's also the matter of how Flaming;Sword actually functions at its core: it's a "mass" of energy that descends from the top of the Sephiroth and zig-zags down all the way down to the bottom of the Sephiroth in a very short timeframe (if any timeframe at all, which could be further supported by the fact that it's released from infinite acceleration, not that it has infinite acceleration, according to the spell's chant).

Surely that would get some pretty crazy numbers, no? (well, if we assume that it'd be a quantifiably fast feat, of course)

And at the very least, it's compared to Gungnir in both the sense of sheer destructive power (albeit focused on a single target) and its nonsensical speed that no one present was capable of reacting to after it was fired (so maybe you could argue that it's superior in that sense).

That's how I see it, anyway.

Because of that, I think it's reasonable enough to scale it to Gungnir instantly destroying all of the Phases Othinus created. :hm

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, is it really an outlier for top tiers to be that fast?
Octillion times FTL for Accelerator pre-bullet :mjlol

If current Accelerator does something like this again we could see if it is something at the level of the top tiers but at the moment it is a very colossal and contradictory number.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Hey, just because it sounds funny doesn't mean it can't be true.

I mean, Flaming;Sword is compared to Gungnir and Accelerator was capable of reacting to and then tearing it apart. Sounds good enough to me :mjpls

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I'm going to be re-reading NT eventually but I swear there was a quote mentioning nerfed Magic Gods actually being capable of reacting to the Big Bang Bomb as it's actually occurring (as opposed to simply the hand signs that Aleister performs for the spell).. :hm

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm going to be re-reading NT eventually but I swear there was a quote mentioning nerfed Magic Gods actually being capable of reacting to the Big Bang Bomb as it's actually occurring (as opposed to simply the hand signs that Aleister performs for the spell).. :hm
If you find it that would be great, we would have a good upgrade there

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
If you find it that would be great, we would have a good upgrade there
Either that or I'm thinking of the quote where Aleister still can't kill nerfed Magic Gods (i.e., they shouldn't be immortal at this point) even with an exponentially amplified Big Bang Bomb (which could add up if you consider how Othinus can create/destroy an infinite amount of Phases but even then nerfed Magic Gods should be superior to her :mjpls)

Well, regardless, it's significant either way.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Komaba and now the debut of Will of the Misaka Network herself in Imaginary Fest

So that’s how she sounds with her funny tic of talking like a computer even when she’s quite emotional at the same time

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Komaba and now the debut of Will of the Misaka Network herself in Imaginary Fest

So that’s how she sounds with her funny tic of talking like a computer even when she’s harmless emotionless

I guess they gave her that tone of voice to make the difference between the other Sisters noticeable.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
He was.
Thing is Touma managed to avoid a direct hit from those wings the whole time. He got hit by plenty of the shockwaves and debris in that fight but always managed either dodge or divert getting directly hit by Accelerator

I know I'm talking about the final clash where. Iirc it's implied that Touma got hit, Accel does the whole "how are you still standing" thing before getting punched.

I surprised pax forgot

Churronzon

Notorious
Will, my beloved

Here's some outside info on Ain that OT3 talks about and the series of zeroes Qliphah mentions.
Found it in page 42 of A Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie, that Mr.OMG told me I should read so thanks
Obviously we can't use it for powerscaling and whatnot; it's just better than having literally no idea what Kamachi is basing things off of.

Guess Gabriel would use the equivalent of NELAPR

What Coronzon and Heaven Canceller's rants are likely referring to
“Of course. My job is to fix the circulation. And that creates the next age. Once, the
majority of the Sephirah were under attack. If the Second Adam had not atoned with
blood, the world would not have lasted this long. And the critical clogs are all born of
knowledge.
"THE NAME" is the Tetragrammaton, Y-H-V-H, placed alongside the Flaming sword barrier ("FLASHING SWORD").
“I see. You mean the flaming sword barrier.”

“Hm?”

“You should know more about the flaming sword than me, Allan Bennett.”

[...]

“In the Golden cabal, it is a symbol of the sword placed alongside the Tetragrammaton to
protect the top three Sephirah of the Sephiroth after the sin of Adam and Eve spread
across the world. It separates and cuts bonds in order to protect. Crowley’s equivalency
table explains exactly what kind of offensive power it provides. Your own student wrote
that, did he not?”
Crowley's correspondence table, Liber 777, just repeated that the Flaming Sword travels down the four worlds and cuts the bonds of the target directly. Still don't know what the latter means.

Last edited:
Back