• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What do you think this response from Niang-Niang means shortly after she sends Coronzon packing and having to treat her injuries the next time she’s seen?

“Don’t screw with me, you fool who refuses to break down. You are no more than someone who decided to stop partway up the mountain. Whether you ascend the Sephiroth or descend the Qliphoth, a human is still a human. Every last one of you is a puny little thing. The true heights exist beyond your understanding, so allow me to show you what true magic looks like!! My breakdown of all creation will swallow you up and you will be no more, you impurity born of human deeds!!”

“I’m sorry to say it, but you really shouldn’t underestimate a Magic God, you freak.”

Power system in Toaru is flexible and those dedicated enough to what they stick to like Magic Gods can match anything from 4 Worlds bs

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They can with their own path they took based on weaker beings doing the same thing and the same way their not instantly beaten fighting the likes of Crowley or Coronzon but rather, are consistently shown as superior to in terms of power and command over reality

Literally next time Coronzon is seen

He looked back in surprise and saw the woman in a beige habit alighting on the ground. Her bat-like wings scattered as glowing particles.

“Sorry about the wait.”

“Whoa, um…what happened? You’re covered in blood!”

“Do not touch me. I can deal with this myself. My flight would not have gone unnoticed, so we need to settle things before the pursuit catches up.”

Surviving a direct clash with a Magic God without having her body torn apart was impressive, but Coronzon had decided it was not worth explaining to Hamazura. Also, she had decided to call it quits without actually defeating Niang-Niang. You could not exactly brag about quitting while you were ahead.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Nephthys uses her one-time phase manipulation to rewrite the entire cosmology and get her powers back lol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Minus their own directly stating that they can't?
From a scan you took out context thats actually talking about Buddhism?

Or the scan that only says Niang-Niang uses Magic from Assiah but makes up for it in sheer power and technique to be more than a match for Coronzon show it means nothing regardless?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Magic Gods destroying reality takes more energy than Angel Fall which affects the 4 Worlds. And a collection of Norse, Greek, Japanese, etc monsters can accomplish Angel Fall and their clearly stuck to Assiah at best just by their very nature

Basic shit. Your treating one Magic system in the series as the be all end all when it’s clearly not the case nor ever the case

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Pure Elements? Not even Coronzon’s best Magic technique, that’d be her Flaming Sword who Othinus alone can match

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Magic Gods destroying reality takes more energy than Angel Fall which affects the 4 Worlds. And a collection of Norse, Greek, Japanese, etc monsters can accomplish Angel Fall and their clearly stuck to Assiah at best just by their very nature

Basic shit. Your treating one Magic system in the series as the be all end all when it’s clearly not the case nor ever the case

Destroying reality > Angel Fall is never stated, just that phase beings can do both.

The religious phases being in Assiah/the surface world also isn't stated, when the whole point of why them being such a big deal and causing Angel Fall/the surface world to shatter is because you're bringing down a being from a higher sephirah into a lower one.

i.e. from Tiphereth/Chesed into Malkuth (the surface world)

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Pure Elements? Not even Coronzon’s best Magic technique, that’d be her Flaming Sword who Othinus alone can match
Arguing that Flaming;Sword is genuinely only equal to Gungnir
When Coronzon and nerfed true Gremlin already scale above Dainsleif calamities, like you agreed with

??

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Niang-Niang said they're limited to Assiah and you haven't addressed that.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
“Magic God, you still cling to the surface!! So don’t think you stand a chance against my master who has crossed the Abyss!!!”
An explosive noise burst out.

Another quote where they're stated to be limited to the surface world.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Another quote where they're stated to be limited to the surface world.
And just barely beat a nerfed Nephthys who was sandbagging the fight no less. Please don’t seriously tell me you think the same Accel who would lose fighting Coronzon can beat a serious Nephthys at her best who would just casually rewind time and make it so Accel was never even born

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And than goes on to say don’t base a Magic God’s capabilities off that alone and leaves Coronzon bleeding and running afterwards

And? Stick to one lane for your argument please.
Which is literally irrelevant considering the initial argument was that Magic Gods affect the Four Worlds/entire cosmology.

This discussion can be concluded since we agree that they don't.

And? Stick to one lane for your argument please.
This is relevant to my argument though.

Pure elements scaling below Othinus' Gungnir makes no sense and only supports the idea that pure elements/stuff from higher sephirah are infact strong.

It literally erases Niang-Niang's magic on screen and Niang-Niang does not scale above her own magic.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And just barely beat a nerfed Nephthys who was sandbagging the fight no less. Please don’t seriously tell me you think the same Accel who would lose fighting Coronzon can beat a serious Nephthys at her best who would just casually rewind time and make it so Accel was never even born
What's this have to do with the argument about Magic Gods being limited to Assiah?

They are. As they have literally said so themselves.

It doesn't matter if Accelerator can resist phase manipulation because Accelerator versus true Gremlin was never an argument I made.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Which is literally irrelevant considering the initial argument was that Magic Gods affect the Four Worlds/entire cosmology.
And again, I’m arguing based on outright inferior characters interacting with all 4 Worlds just fine and Othinus herself literally deleting the whole verse (every Phase besides Hidden) that they can too. They can stay in Assiah just fine, a Magic God basically maxes out their ability in Assiah to the point of pulling off explicitly superior stuff to things that already mess with the 4 Worlds like Angel Fall
This discussion can be concluded since we agree that they don't.
And your endless stonewalling over it
Pure elements scaling below Othinus' Gungnir makes no sense and only supports the idea that pure elements/stuff from higher sephirah are infact strong.
Or that as I’ve been arguing the whole time, Pure Elements of a higher world doesn’t correlate to power. Coronzon’s ultimate technique, Flaming Sword which uses Pure Light coming down from the very top of the Tree, and Othinus alone can match that power
It literally erases Niang-Niang's magic on screen and Niang-Niang does not scale above her own magic.
And why are you assuming Niang-Niang’s using her best moves there? Because the above already disproves your next claim you’re going to make that Coronzon’s Pure elements will stop anything she tries despite her greatest move being only a rival to Othinus’ Gungnir

That and the fact that Niang-Niang doesn’t look the least bit concerned from seeing Pure Flames. Her reaction basically came down to. “Using Beriah huh? Neat.”

What's this have to do with the argument about Magic Gods being limited to Assiah?

They are. As they have literally said so themselves.

It doesn't matter if Accelerator can resist phase manipulation because Accelerator versus true Gremlin was never an argument I made.
And doesn’t mean squat in the end. It’s a neat magic system for acquiring power but other Magic systems in the series work just fine at attaining the same degree of power over reality while still being in Assiah.

Literally Flaming Sword at the top of the tree, somewhere in Atziluth most likely, and Othinus alone can match it

Back