• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
Hey guys I broug-

dAVLtOPb0JeIE.webp
Did you read the thread?

Magic

Resplendent
i think that is a misunderstanding of the premise of the interaction.

The core of it wasn't about a meta read, but rather Magic's painting of the topic to make it seem that it was.

So if anything your response now should prove that the point Ratchet and Myself were making to be true.
my painting of the topic is fine m8.

if you want plain facts that people can read as black and white there's:

ratchet struggled with town reads when some of the people that have already participated shouldn't be hard to town read or at least engage with(outside of yourself, id expect him to have some thoughts on watson for example). while admitting he struggled with town reads he also didn't really engage anyone to gain a read on them. his entire focus was on arguing with me, which is wasteful. i didn't just interact with ratchet and call it a day, i made a point to get others involved and reading others.

there's also ratchet having previously mentioned in games that it's better to be tactful in day 1 lynches, i.e. he will forego some of the stronger players in the game because the consequences of mislynching them is much higher. id have to go find the example and im pretty to do that, but im pretty sure he used that exact thought process when it came to lynching me day 1 of a previous game. despite that kind of thinking he decided to push me early on rather than let anything play out. even if he felt gaslit that is entirely a waste of his time and i dont really think he expects or would go through with lynching me as it's contradictory to his own logic so what exactly is the point of it outside of trying to put me on the defensive.

this is why im sus of ratchet. that said i take a similar approach to not really wanting to go for stronger players immediately on day 1 so im exploring other things. not that i wouldnt lynch one of them day 1, just that it's not the best use of time to open the game with.

Magic

Resplendent
in terms of reaching it is hard not to reach in the opening points of day 1 because there is nothing of significance materialized yet.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
my painting of the topic is fine m8.
We can agree to disagree on this point, and end it there.
You are not going to convince me otherwise.
ratchet struggled with town reads when some of the people that have already participated shouldn't be hard to town read or at least engage with(outside of yourself, id expect him to have some thoughts on watson for example). while admitting he struggled with town reads he also didn't really engage anyone to gain a read on them. his entire focus was on arguing with me, which is wasteful. i didn't just interact with ratchet and call it a day, i made a point to get others involved and reading others.
I noticed this as well and found it peculiar, but it is worth pointing out - I agree.
Not intending to give him a pass, but I was going to see how he picked up from there.

In this regard I will say you do get some town points, and it does look worse for ratchet when you make a direct comparison.
It has been noted in my brain.
there's also ratchet having previously mentioned in games that it's better to be tactful in day 1 lynches, i.e. he will forego some of the stronger players in the game because the consequences of mislynching them is much higher. id have to go find the example and im pretty to do that, but im pretty sure he used that exact thought process when it came to lynching me day 1 of a previous game. despite that kind of thinking he decided to push me early on rather than let anything play out. even if he felt gaslit that is entirely a waste of his time and i dont really think he expects or would go through with lynching me as it's contradictory to his own logic so what exactly is the point of it outside of trying to put me on the defensive.
Isn't this a point which directly contradicts any world theories in which Ratchet is scum?
I mean, I hope you're not offended but last time I checked you're one of the strongest players here, so in according to this statement it would go against scum!Ratchet's interest to converse with you - even if his intentions was to rally me to be a Ratchet sympathiser.
no but im going to give him more time than 8 hours.
Okay, that is fair enough. I just found his standoffish attitude to be unbecoming of Gram - but if you insist this to be NAI, then who am I to say.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
Like you knew what you were talking about
You'd said "scum has a habit of..." which sounds like something from learned experience
I mean, that's not really an argument which really promotes any sort of discourse or speculation - this is just a remark on their experience?

I mean, that's not really an argument which really promotes any sort of discourse or speculation - this is just a remark on their experience?
Well yes
The point in me addressing it is that I know it isn't the case and it he could be fabricating the reason and making it sound good enough to be true

I'm leaning towards that not being the case now after talking to him about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back