Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
His thought process isn't going to be "wow let me fake info on Magic and then afterwards with a town Magic flip against me say 'I was manipulated!'" - it puts him in a position that he would not want to be in. It's a 1 for 1 trade, I know you think most of us are stupid but there is 0% chance we see that defence and say "well yes Ultra let's not lynch you". At the bare minimum it puts him at the very top of the PoE.
But you're already doing it now?

How can you tell me that isn't how it goes if it's going like that now?

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
@Ratchet I stand corrected. Your vote was in a huge wall of text that I kinda ignored

Please proceed to whip me as you see fit.

I'll go shove my head in the sand for looking the buffoon

Gaddamnit

Pronouns
He/Him
Idek then, I apologize ig for being inactive. Thought I could manage time better but I'm shit at it.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
I think most all of the WG peeps wouldn’t like it either in a ranked game lol
I mean I don't mind the Ranked aspect, my problem is the holier than thou attitude, I don't know what goes and not in a ranked game. As far as I'm concerned with a closed setup anything goes. So it's frustrating when I'm sincerely trying to theorise I just get shit on because what I'm saying is "retarded"

I think championship style games with open setup are probably better for ranked.

But anyway, I think I enjoy the more open minded WG culture.

If there's a guideline for how a ranked game should look like then I'd like a link to it so that I know what to expect

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
But you're already doing it now?

How can you tell me that isn't how it goes if it's going like that now?
It's the process, Magic. Why can't you just see that? You're basically arguing that Ultra wages his survival on the town at large being receptive to his being manipulated after the fact from your town flip, it's a massive risk that basically tanks his thread credibility all so he can get a mislynch on you. He's not going to do that as scum, and he's not going to just make up results that are going to out him at risk of being countered, much like what happened here.

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
I mean I don't mind the Ranked aspect, my problem is the holier than thou attitude, I don't know what goes and not in a ranked game. As far as I'm concerned with a closed setup anything goes. So it's frustrating when I'm sincerely trying to theorise I just get shit on because what I'm saying is "retarded"

I think championship style games with open setup are probably better for ranked.

If there's a guideline for how a ranked game should look like then I'd like a link to it so that I know what to expect
I’ve just spectated games here more than played but have a pretty good feel for ranked/unranked. “Ranked” is just the “standardized” type style they like here which includes very few “traps” or “chaotic” elements. Consider it like vanilla ice cream.

Gaddamnit

Pronouns
He/Him

Eh, you should stay. you're a good player.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor

No I agree there has been a lack of decorum in this game when it comes to explaining certain things. I don't really want to turn this into a WG vs OLF thing as that's silly, but I don't think you're wrong for coming away with this impression from this game.

Gaddamnit

Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve just spectated games here more than played but have a pretty good feel for ranked/unranked. “Ranked” is just the “standardized” type style they like here which includes very few “traps” or “chaotic” elements. Consider it like vanilla ice cream.
Prefer chocolate

Which reminds me, I haven't had dinner and I have chocolate ice cream in the fridge

Tempest

Leprous Monarch

I could've sworn we had a guide for what constitutes ranked

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
I don’t really see near as much divide on OLF/WG players and culture as some people seem to besides
WG has more chaotic games and OLF prefers vanilla.

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
(I’m not knocking vanilla ice cream I actually like it and think I like a diet of more of it or at least closer to it (maybe just sprinkles and cherry) than super deluxe sundays with everything + uranium in it with the later as a pallet cleanser)

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator

Since this isn't game related and it's legit upsetting you, I'm gonna take the time to respond.

This has been an issue on my end as well - so I'm a little biased since I know for certain it's heartfelt

The culture I/others usually refer to is how tense ranked can become due to hypercompetitiveness. Overrides any empathetic response.
It's hard not to take it to heart but these dumbasses are actually chill outside the games. I don't think most here thinks anyone is legitimately retarded (bar me, I'm an exception for some.)

It's not at all like WG where there's instant camaraderie but it is the same old story, there is rapport but it's much more hardcore comparitively.

:catfeels you're truly appreciated with your earnest solving. Never think a question is too stupid to ask. It's how you learn what the section functions like and why

Magic

Resplendent
It's the process, Magic. Why can't you just see that? You're basically arguing that Ultra wages his survival on the town at large being receptive to his being manipulated after the fact from your town flip, it's a massive risk that basically tanks his thread credibility all so he can get a mislynch on you. He's not going to do that as scum, and he's not going to just make up results that are going to out him at risk of being countered, much like what happened here.
Mate I'm aware of the process but you're using one thing to ignore everything else too. Basically his play outside of the results doesn't matter because the move is too dumb for scum ultra to make.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Mate I'm aware of the process but you're using one thing to ignore everything else too. Basically his play outside of the results doesn't matter because the move is too dumb for scum ultra to make.
So where do you stand now? What's the biggest conflict in resolving your read on his slot personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back