• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Wrestling Wars Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Well I don't know what you want me to do?

Ekko's rambling is null for now. Nope. Ratchet's pursuit of me is idk but null for now.

So I'm anchored in to playing the raging fool every game? Nah brother
my "rambling" is null because u want it to be so. if you tried to put 2 and 2 together u will see the points im saying making sense

if u dont agree with any of it say it to my face. u surely cant allow someone that is null lead the activity by this much can u. i could very well be powerwofling now what r u gna do to stop me?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Only five reads?? Why Gram and Tpein as town? No comment on Ratchet, Ultra, or Ekko, who have been doing some heavy verbal judo together?
this is interesting because ekko sussed your lack of non-null reads and I felt it was unfair as I didn't feel a lot of players had done anything that would make me lean one way or the other on them at that point. 5 reads at this point of the game seems fine? although the tweet one is a throwaway

Emil

V.I.P. Member
that’s exactly my point, it’s a faulty conclusion. I’m saying she knows nothing of the hosts tendencies, so she shouldn’t be comfortable taking an NAI role and making it AI

It’s a similar thing with indigo, I could take your worldview here OR I could say as it’s possible for there to be scum in the masons (lol), Indigo might have wanted to get ahead of the curve and look pro town. I’m not saying that’s what they did, but this is noise as opposed to a signal to me
i like this point tho im just inclined to add, without neccesarily defending psychic, that psychic is an OG player from NF and in there a Mason is always town except few hosts like nitty who sometimes utilizes fake masons

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
I think Psychic said that after the second mason came out? I think she said something along the line of 'double masons can't be good for town, one must be scum'. So it had nothing to do with knowing the host, but I think just a reaction to there being a second pair of masons.

Does Indigo not get any benefit of the doubt in your eyes for claiming second mason pairing? Is Flower a town read for you here? Obviously you're much more familiar with Poyser games and how he might handle mason pairings, but in my eyes, Flower first coming out with a mason claim and Indigo doing it second, show me some town motivation to be open and honest. I do agree that Indigo hasn't really done anything for posting, though, and my town read of him is solely based on him coming out as the second mason pairing. I'll also admit I've lost track of Flower a bit in this game because of her claim.

Stop town reading indigo.
He slipped that he has a different role other than mason.
On the last Poyser game the town mason was just a mason.
The scum mason was mason and he had his scum ability.
Me thinks other town masons are also just masons here and they are gonna sus indigo here.

@Tiara you are a mason.
Tell me if you sus indigo or not after I just told you this.

Evans

Acclaimed
Nothing all that inspiring from these posts. Don't like the Tpein shade. Not sure how to take his mason talk. And thought claiming DV would be good enough and then has dipped. There's no attempt to solve or do anything at this moment. Last couple of games Evans at least had something to say and a name to drop. Feels very low key here.

I’m literally in work on a weekend pal :bosque:

The X

Marvelous
i can bring him stopping cp when on pc. it could be NAI because there probably isnt much of value to be gained by having cp question midnight but it would atleast help ratchet and the rest of us glean into the alignment of midnight from his answer (doubt it tbh) or glean into the alignment of cp from how much he uses midnight for easy content. my point is if they r nulls for ratchet(?) then he had no business stopping them when the thread is kinda dead anyway. it could lead to something you know.

my issue with him stopping my flavor talk is it was too forced. i made couple of posts in page 1 mind u where there was only like 3 other people posting. dont know why stop me or anyone from setup speccing that soon with a joke. shud of let us run our course and then come and say who he thinks r invested in setup spec and who r actually game solving

ratchets defense is good because our cases arent really leakproof. we are aware of that. it doesnt change the fact that his overall gameplay is lack luster.

what we could do is let ratchet do his thing. give him some space. not sus him for some time so he doesnt have to defend and just see how he plays and what he arrives at and then judge accordingly
I guess it depends on what Ratchet said in that post and how he stopped Craig from interacting with Midnight. For me, I do still have Craig as having wolf points. Not sure what that would really mean in the grand scheme because wolf Ratchet probably doesn't stop wolf Craig from talking to Midnight. Unless the Ratchet's post is somehow damning, I'd say it's probably going to come out as being NAI to me.

I guess that's a fair point. I'm not someone who tries to speculate too hard about setup so I'm not going to read too much into you and Ratchet's argument in regards to the setup spec. I can see why you might see Ratchet as a bit sussy from your point of view.

What do you mean by leak proof arguments? Like there's not a lot of holes that could be poked in them? I don't know if I'd call Ratchet's game lackluster, but I do have a similar desire to see him try and move away from you and Ultra and interact with others. I have no concerns that Ratchet will/can do this, though.

I would agree with that assessment and have never once thought otherwise. If I'm being honest, Ratchet is probably just never a D1 lynch for me because of our history together and my enjoyment of playing with him. Besides, nothing at all from his game here so far suggests that we shouldn't let Ratchet 'do his thing'. I feel like his defense shows the wheels are turning in his head and I don't think I've seen any indication there's agenda in his play yet.

While I can see your points against Ratchet, none of them really change my mind on where I'm leaning him so far. However, I think our conversation has helped me see your point of view a little bit better and I can start seeing your thought process clearer. I think I can take you off then wolf side of things here but I do have some paranoia around you, Ratchet, and Ultra. You've all had some decent points and understandable defenses, but you three have also focused on each other, sometimes over engaged with one another, and seem to keep falling back into those patterns. Hoping that all three of you are town may be to much.

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
Stop town reading indigo.
He slipped that he has a different role other than mason.
On the last Poyser game the town mason was just a mason.
The scum mason was mason and he had his scum ability.
Me thinks other town masons are also just masons here and they are gonna sus indigo here.

@Tiara you are a mason.
Tell me if you sus indigo or not after I just told you this.
No.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
On the note of three double voters, I would suggest that it implies that scum are in greater numbers than usual (probably around 6-8 total). Leaning more towards 7. Reason being that with majority, a double voter for the town would extend the amount of votes needed for the game to be called. Likewise, a scum double voter is really strong in majority because it can otherwise force a hammer a day early, so given that setup spec is highly advised against, I think we should lean more into expecting a reasonably high number of scum than flip through the double voters expecting one to be scum.
wat do u mean by the bolded btw

can u lay it out in an example like in f3 and f5 or so on? i remember playing as scum against 3 town double voters in higurashi but dont recall it stalling the game so a bit confused what u mean by this

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
>Evans has 3 votes with only 2 people voting on him
>Ratchet also has 3 votes with only 2 people voting on him

So there are multiple roles with +1/extra voting power? Also:

Why are you so convinced about Goth Boy's alignment? I ISO'd his posts last night and they have been nothing at all. Just generic bullshit or nondescript NAI stuff throughout the game with the token "day 1 are crapshoots" which is my own D1 meta but still, worthless and non-contributive.

Why do you feel so strongly about him being town by implication?
Why are you so certain about him?
Because the only take away from this is your potentially a mason with him, right?

I literally just told you in the quote its NAI.
Not aligned indicative.
This means it could be scum or town.
I know mid and played many games with him.
Was just saying he is not scum for that.
Could be town

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
How do some have so many posts already?

@Hans Tweetenberg you‘re my strongest Town read so far, where are your reads atm?
I don't have very many town reads atm, Ultra is up there, as is T-Pein. I'm putting you in there as well, your early play around your role struck me as genuinely confused.

Scum-read wise I don't currently like Evans, Aurelian and Psychic, slightly below that are Ratchet and Goth Boy

The X

Marvelous
I actually got the opposite impression from him:

Doesn‘t look like shade at all tbh. Though it could be said he‘s buddying Ultra a bit.
But why call you out for being awkward if he was just going to listen to a based Ultra post and read you town? Calling you town but awkward seems unnecessary, especially since he didn't explain why town Flower would be awkward around that mason claim.

You say his posts haven't been bad her in your reads. How does that fit with the idea that he might be buddying Ultra a bit?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
If our Indy has any sense, they’ll prioritise shooting the DVs anyway cause they likely auto lose to them in an endgame scenario

kinda feel that’s a problem that solves itself
so the total vote count of the players is what count toward the number of votes required for majority? its not just strictly player count

i remember hating on this before. if mafia/indie wont be able to win 1v1 with a town just cuz that town has 2x vote power its honestly bullshit imo but what do i know about majority

Emil

V.I.P. Member
so like 3 mafia and 3 town is still not a win for mafia if a townie has double vote

its honestly bullshit :hestonpls

they reached parity and cant win

anyway means DV are going to be somewhat self resolving

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
I don't have very many town reads atm, Ultra is up there, as is T-Pein. I'm putting you in there as well, your early play around your role struck me as genuinely confused.

Scum-read wise I don't currently like Evans, Aurelian and Psychic, slightly below that are Ratchet and Goth Boy
Can you explain your scum reads a bit?

Ultra

THE BEAR
Do you mean to imply you have abilities other than mason or are you talking about not claiming character?

Hey @T-Pein™

Why did you dislike this post son?

Your original logic is that claimed Masons would be spared by mafia to search for PRs.

That obviously isn't the case now that it's been revealed that Masons also have their own abilities.

I think the common denominator is that you don't like digging into them. You a Mason bro 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back