• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have skipped this thread but holy fuck is Spacebattle Competence is off the goddamned charts when it's literally just acting like Servants will just stand there and do nothing as Andy and Fuuko will just be able to use their abilities with abandon and none can't just... destroy Andy's soul like they explicitly can.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I don't even remember what the fuck happened after the red demon I just remember canon meliodas was worse than the pilot
Aside from Mel just being the shittiest character ever, after around chapter 100 every single thing that ever happened got retconned into being Meliodas' doing, we got "amazing reveals" like he was secretly the strongest character of all time whose power was being restrained, incredible fights where he one-shotted his main rival after they finally meet after over 150 chapters, and emotionally gripping arcs where he dies and comes back to life 5 chapters later

:kobeha

literally the worst shounen manga of all time, worse than fairy tail even

Aside from Mel just being the shittiest character ever, after around chapter 100 every single thing that ever happened got retconned into being Meliodas' doing, we got "amazing reveals" like he was secretly the strongest character of all time whose power was being restrained, incredible fights where he one-shotted his main rival after they finally meet after over 150 chapters, and emotionally gripping arcs where he dies and comes back to life 5 chapters later

Honestly Merlin is even worse than Meliodas when it comes to bullshit contrivances. Basically having Infinite Magic Power AND Infinite Duration on her abilities(meaning she can never stop spamming AND can basically end you through absurd attrition.)
Always have the right thing on hand because "I knew well in advance".
Basically arranged the entire plot even harder than Meliodas did because... she was in love with Meliodas and got mad he didn't reciprocate so she decided to go all in on making Arthur the "King of Chaos" for some bullshit reason which lead to Escanor's death(Which Meliodas could have EQUALLY stopped if he didn't decide to somehow not use his Demon King Form to just kill his Jobber Daddy) and basically is never on the backfoot in the slightest.

Meliodas and Merlin literally destroyed the series with their presence which sucked as Merlin would have been fine if she wasn't an asspull device that created the entire series over a fucking broken heart.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/gin-and-tousen-vs-espada.1255449/

Yep the Espada are totally going to beat the guy who humiliated FKT Ichigo while not even trying, fucked up an evolved Aizen and whose poison can easily one-shot any of them. Never mind the fact that Tosen is also there (sure he's a jobber but it would still take the strongest of the Espada to high diff him). :maybe

Only about 2 or 3 Espada would even be able to REACT to Gin's Bankai at all, much less do anything about it. I don't see anything stopping Gin from casually picking them off one at a time until there's none left. Good luck to Respira aging it before it reaches him is all I'm gonna say.

And lol at Amor/Zommari being even slightly relevant. Seriously the prize for the most wanked Espada on there by far goes to Zommari, it's ridiculous. 🤣

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member

Wait then what was that fucking shit with gowther mind controlling an angel into a demon about then :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Honestly Merlin is even worse than Meliodas when it comes to bullshit contrivances. Basically having Infinite Magic Power AND Infinite Duration on her abilities(meaning she can never stop spamming AND can basically end you through absurd attrition.)
Always have the right thing on hand because "I knew well in advance".
Basically arranged the entire plot even harder than Meliodas did because... she was in love with Meliodas and got mad he didn't reciprocate so she decided to go all in on making Arthur the "King of Chaos" for some bullshit reason which lead to Escanor's death(Which Meliodas could have EQUALLY stopped if he didn't decide to somehow not use his Demon King Form to just kill his Jobber Daddy) and basically is never on the backfoot in the slightest.

Meliodas and Merlin literally destroyed the series with their presence which sucked as Merlin would have been fine if she wasn't an asspull device that created the entire series over a fucking broken heart.
oh yeah everything that happened with Merlin after she got petrified by Galan (the single best character who deserved a better series) was fucking abysmal

this was the literal explanation for how she not only got better from Galan but also beat Greyroad who was one of the cheapest characters

"I have a natural resistance to commandments" out of fucking nowhere. Also this is something nobody but the demon king has so it's even more bullshit. Then "I'm actually a child body because Nakaba is a creep" and "I stole magic from the gods because I literally said 'why don't you give me some magic' and ran off with it"

One of the shittiest characters of all time, and you're spot on that she was a huge part of the series going into the trash. The funny part is Escanor showed the series was capable of having a likable OP character who didn't break the logic of the entire story by existing....but Nakaba and/or his editors said nah

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Wait then what was that fucking shit with gowther mind controlling an angel into a demon about then :mjlol
Original Gowther's master plan to stop the war was to take the strongest angel, mindfuck him into being a demon so that the sides were too even, and then mindfuck the entire country into believing it was always like that. Also he died in the process, or something. And he was secretly in love with Elizabeth, for some reason

The reveal itself actually wasn't handled badly, there were a fair amount of clues that people put together but they also thought the theory was so ridiculous that they didn't believe they were right :mjlol

https://www.fanverse.org/threads/gin-and-tousen-vs-espada.1255449/

Yep the Espada are totally going to beat the guy who humiliated FKT Ichigo while not even trying, fucked up an evolved Aizen and whose poison can easily one-shot any of them. Never mind the fact that Tosen is also there (sure he's a jobber but it would still take the strongest of the Espada to high diff him). :maybe

Only about 2 or 3 Espada would even be able to REACT to Gin's Bankai at all, much less do anything about it. I don't see anything stopping Gin from casually picking them off one at a time until there's none left. Good luck to Respira aging it before it reaches him is all I'm gonna say.

And lol at Amor/Zommari being even slightly relevant. Seriously the prize for the most wanked Espada on there by far goes to Zommari, it's ridiculous. 🤣

Honestly, I can't even call Tousen a jobber. Dude walked off getting hit with Komamura's Bankai like it was nothing and immediately healed from it and then basically murdered him when it came to Ressurcion. He only lost because of him gaining sight completely made him drunk on it rather than adapting to it(Which actually happens in real life)

But yeah sure, Gin and Tousen would easily lose to the Espada despite being able to make bitches out of Captains from both of them...

oh yeah everything that happened with Merlin after she got petrified by Galan (the single best character who deserved a better series) was fucking abysmal

this was the literal explanation for how she not only got better from Galan but also beat Greyroad who was one of the cheapest characters

"I have a natural resistance to commandments" out of fucking nowhere. Also this is something nobody but the demon king has so it's even more bullshit. Then "I'm actually a child body because Nakaba is a creep" and "I stole magic from the gods because I literally said 'why don't you give me some magic' and ran off with it"

One of the shittiest characters of all time, and you're spot on that she was a huge part of the series going into the trash. The funny part is Escanor showed the series was capable of having a likable OP character who didn't break the logic of the entire story by existing....but Nakaba and/or his editors said nah

Like I'm basically playing through it's Mobile Title(I will admit that it's a guilty pleasure that I like the series BEFORE it went to shit which is why I even play it) and there is just so much bullshit in it which pisses me off whenever they get to the main story.
Holy Knights? Basically might as well be fodder after the brilliant First Arc and never return to prominence(Not even Jericho, Guila or Gilthunder).
Arthur Pendragon himself? Turned into a jobber, Excalibur turns into a jobber, gets forced out of the series through bullshit and then basically becomes a God... for sequel bait.
Even Diane and King are basically worthless until last second powerups make them strong enough to be cheerleaders.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, I can't even call Tousen a jobber. Dude walked off getting hit with Komamura's Bankai like it was nothing and immediately healed from it and then basically murdered him when it came to Ressurcion. He only lost because of him gaining sight completely made him drunk on it rather than adapting to it(Which actually happens in real life)
Not saying he's not strong but he still lost multiple times to people weaker than him, for nobody's fault but his own.
He's a jobber, he's just a jobber who would go through most Espada for a shortcut. :maybe
But yeah sure, Gin and Tousen would easily lose to the Espada despite being able to make bitches out of Captains from both of them...
Pretty much yeah.

It's a classic case of putting way too much stock into a number's advantage, in a series where that rarely mattered outside of a few exceptions.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Original Gowther's master plan to stop the war was to take the strongest angel, mindfuck him into being a demon so that the sides were too even, and then mindfuck the entire country into believing it was always like that. Also he died in the process, or something. And he was secretly in love with Elizabeth, for some reason

The reveal itself actually wasn't handled badly, there were a fair amount of clues that people put together but they also thought the theory was so ridiculous that they didn't believe they were right :mjlol

that

doesn't help at all

cause the plan still sounds exactly as stupid as I remember it did :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Like I'm basically playing through it's Mobile Title(I will admit that it's a guilty pleasure that I like the series BEFORE it went to shit which is why I even play it) and there is just so much bullshit in it which pisses me off whenever they get to the main story.
Holy Knights? Basically might as well be fodder after the brilliant First Arc and never return to prominence(Not even Jericho, Guila or Gilthunder).
Arthur Pendragon himself? Turned into a jobber, Excalibur turns into a jobber, gets forced out of the series through bullshit and then basically becomes a God... for sequel bait.
Even Diane and King are basically worthless until last second powerups make them strong enough to be cheerleaders.
I actually forgot about how badly Arthur was setup because he was so irrelevant until the very end where he's suddenly important again lol

There are so many flaws, cringey elements, and downright morally disturbing things that I just didn't notice as a teenager getting into the series which is really a shame because if you ignore Meliodas (which is a nigh impossible task), the first 100 chapters can be really fun, and Nakaba is still a really good artist

Idk how it all went to shit so fast

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
that

doesn't help at all

cause the plan still sounds exactly as stupid as I remember it did :mjlol
i literally cant even remember how "won" other than forcing a stalemate

but it raises a lot of questions like if OG Gowther can mindfuck the 'gods' why didn't he just do that to begin with lol

I actually forgot about how badly Arthur was setup because he was so irrelevant until the very end where he's suddenly important again lol

There are so many flaws, cringey elements, and downright morally disturbing things that I just didn't notice as a teenager getting into the series which is really a shame because if you ignore Meliodas (which is a nigh impossible task), the first 100 chapters can be really fun, and Nakaba is still a really good artist

Idk how it all went to shit so fast
Honestly Arthur getting disrespected so badly legit pissed me off as it was obvious he was given all of this gravitas... and he's just consistently thrown in the trash because "Meliodas Time".
It's even worse than how badly Urobuchi fucked up Artoria in Fate/Zero because atleast there, he was aiming to get her in the state of mind she was in at Fate/Stay Night.
Here, Arthur might as well not even be in the damn series as it's literally this:
He shows up, gets all of this hype and then gets his ass kicked.
Camelot is literally taken over by demons and people are getting killed and corralled up. A big chunk of the series is to re-take Camelot so you think Arthur will factor into that? Especially with Nakaba giving him plenty of screentime? NOPE!
Dude literally gets EXCALIBUR... and proceeds to literally get the entire thing no sold by Meliodas(who pulled a Heel turn at that time) Zeldris, Cusack and Chandler, gets every single hero who has ever wielded the damn thing to piss their pants and then get immediately worfed and chucked out the series.

That is THE biggest pile of bullshit I have seen out of such a well known mythical hero I have ever seen.

honestly why wasn't Arthur just the main character anyways? he was way more likable and fit into Merlin's story at least in a more organic way

there were so so many ways to fix the manga and it's like Nakaba and his editor chose every single wrong choice

Because he suddenly got more interested in Arthurian Lore and wanted to turn the series into a big prequel series for it...
which he already botched by having Arthur suddenly be the Big Bad for some absurd reason.

Composite Lostbelts/Servantverse character

And way to basically gimp the Composite DBZ and Fire Force right then and there by doing this...

Comp Fire force steals the rest powers (they also got crazy fate hax's aswell and restiances) adolla is also a win! (if we assume its used as intented we have all concepts made by humanity for use to kill the rest, or its "limited" narrative manipultion).

Comp DBZ at best has some wish powers, comp fate is too big aswell

Edit: thanks for answering my prayer tho.

i would post feats for adolla if the website wasnt so strict on copyright and imgur stuff; no use crying over spilled milk though.

:breh

...I keep expecting some level of sense from Spacebattles but they keep surprising me every goddamned time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back