Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

So do you have an actual fucking argument instead of attacking the source of the translation? Because that is different from attacking the accuracy of the translation itself.

That's because I literally gave you the most simple argument so stop trying to act tough:

DeepL is literally the Google Translate of Machine Translation.

I have never seen anyone use DeepL is a legit translation in any capacity that isn't basically laughed off in the process for the exact reason I'm doing now. So yeah, I am attacking the source of the translation because DeepL itself is a shitty translation engine and does not even remotely capture anything stated in Japanese perfectly and is the equivalent of using Altria instead of Artoria.

GaRbS

Illustrious
DeepL is literally the Google Translate of Machine Translation.

I have never seen anyone use DeepL is a legit translation in any capacity that isn't basically laughed off in the process for the exact reason I'm doing now. So yeah, I am attacking the source of the translation because DeepL itself is a shitty translation engine and does not even remotely capture anything stated in Japanese perfectly and is the equivalent of using Altria instead of Artoria.
That seems like a skill issue on your part. I've seen loads of people using DeepL translations in debates without being laughed off in the process.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
You can't attack the veracity of human translations using fucking machine translations :skully

You want to prove something is a mistranslation, you pull out your fucking encyclopedia and actually prove it.

Whatever you get out of DeepL is significantly more likely to be a complete bastardization of the original than something done by a human

That seems like a skill issue on your part. I've seen loads of people using DeepL translations in debates without being laughed off in the process.

My brother in Christ, you literally cannot say "skill issue" for a subpar translation that DeepL does :jordangif

Again, I thought you would have pulled something from Beast's Lair because they have this thing called ACTUAL TRANSLATORS and that's where Rayshift.Io is built off of.
There's a reason they don't use DeepL in any capacity because DeepL is literally just Google Translate when it comes to translations. I don't know how many times I have to tell you this basic ass shit but apparently you really don't understand whatsoever.
:tiredofthis

GaRbS

Illustrious
My brother in Christ, you literally cannot say "skill issue" for a subpar translation that DeepL does :jordangif

Again, I thought you would have pulled something from Beast's Lair because they have this thing called ACTUAL TRANSLATORS and that's where Rayshift.Io is built off of.
There's a reason they don't use DeepL in any capacity because DeepL is literally just Google Translate when it comes to translations. I don't know how many times I have to tell you this basic ass shit but apparently you really don't understand whatsoever.
:tiredofthis
If you're this obsessed with actual translators from BL why don't you just take the quote and request a translation from them then?

If you're this obsessed with actual translators from BL why don't you just take the quote and request a translation from them then?

Bro stop :maury You cannot keep using "No You" a a fucking argument when you are the one using Machine Translation and one well known for being subpar(Not like any of them are actually good compared to actual honest translators...) when it comes to translations of a different language.

Again, I already have the burden of proof by simply telling you how ass those translations are and how little anyone else even touches it or any other MTL. Even in the Doujin Circles, NO ONE cares for Machine Translation for the exact reason I stated.
What makes you think that it's not faulty at all when it comes to actual translators?:risigif

If you’re going to use a translator might as well use ChatGPT to verify

DeepL sucks and leaves out context

It was something me and Cross kept telling him as there's a damn good reason people only ever use DeepL for the brasses of tacks and even then, you are basically getting something completely mulched between different languages:

The rider's figure is scratched away.
With high-speed legs, the black cavalryman sprints toward the swordsman.

Like how the fuck is this Kinoku Nasu's handwriting? When in the hell is Archer referred to as a "Swordsman" unironically?! And Medusa as a black "cavalryman" when she's clearly female and that would be the last way to refer to her?

It shattered.
The sword that was supposed to pierce Saber's body shattered as soon as it touched Saber.
A light-speed blow that cut back.

Like what the hell is this for real?! Like you can't do the shit you did when you are defending THIS!

Like again, I'm not defending the fact that the current F/SN Translation doesn't have errors like Tsukihime does but outside of maybe one or two big ones(Like the Rheingold controversy that took till FGO to wonder the hell was Kotomine talking about when he mentioned something about the Einzberns wealth), most of it is most definitely grammatical errors, sentences may be a bit off and not finding the perfect word for what Nasu meant because Japanese is a complicated language and Nasu loves going archaic even for the Japanese because Fuck You.
But going with DeepL is a major choice is... something.

You keep talking about his ability to use power of that magnitude against ships in space and his ability to use power of that same magnitude in atmosphere against a nearby target as the same thing, but it's really not. I have not seen this, no.

You haven't seen it either.

"Because we've seen Disney Palpatine use Force Storm against a whole ass load of ships in the sky, it definitely doesn't mean he can use Force Storm on a singular target nearby!"

- An actual argument from a Spacebattler

:forizzle:forizzle:forizzle:forizzle:forizzle:forizzle

:tiredofthis I hope I don't have to explain how stupid this is and how it's contradicted in the damn movie as well...

"The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine. Nothing can match such dark power... nothing except these twin Jedi joined in birth and now joined to the greatest strength of the Jedi - the power of luminous beings."

That's not evidence for or against. You are still not comprehending the point, which is the magnitude. Stop ignoring key words lol.

6e6221a3-b68a-4df7-83e4-dc6a6f6919df_text.gif

Seriously, for all of the shit the Prequels get from dumbasses, there's one quote I will always take to the grave with me because it fits here:

Last edited:

King of time

Exceptional
Again, I'm not defending the fact that the current F/SN Translation doesn't have errors like Tsukihime but there are probably just one or two major errors (Like the Rheingold controversy that left FGO wondering Kotomine what the hell are you talking about? about when he mentioned something about the Einzbern's wealth), most of it is definitely grammatical errors, the sentences can be a bit off and the perfect words can't be found for Nasu's point because Japanese is a complicated language and Nasu likes to use archaic words even for Japanese because Fuck You.
But going with DeepL as an option is... something.
This is the correct translation:"("It shattered. The sword that should have pierced Saber's body shattered into pieces as soon as it touched her. A counterattack at the speed of light.")

Last edited:

SupremeZaarin

Illustrious

Also directly contradicted by Starships of the Galaxy that points out that the Lusankya was actually disguised inside a gigantic "shield generator" and buried as a matter of routine. The whole thing about Palpatine mind-raping half of Coruscant was initially no more than wild ass guessing that the New Republic decided to run with in-universe, but the notion has been around for so many years now that we have both the Lusankya being hidden through purely mundane means AND Palpatine doing something with the Force to further obscure the matter.

:LULZ

Except that The New Essential Guide to Characters was published in 2009, Starships of the Galaxy in 2001. Besides, both Star Wars Encyclopedia and The New Essential Guide to Characters are far better sources of Star Wars lore compared to a RPG sourcebook.

There is the whole part about Force Storms being things that Palpatine can initiate and sort of direct, but his control is kind of spotty by Palp's own statement

That was written during 19 BBY when Palps discovered the Force Storm technique. By the time of Dark Empire, he would have perfected the technique. We know this because Palps preferred honing his capabilities with the dark side of the Force compared to well ruling over the galaxy.

That was written during 19 BBY when Palps discovered the Force Storm technique. By the time of Dark Empire, he would have perfected the technique.

The true irony is that he DID perfect it by Dark Empire, he just went into his typical Dark Side high(REALLY can't blame him as the Dark Side is like an extremely addictive drug and has been stated as such, Palpatine would be on the Tony Montana route) and went after everyone else and fucked around too much(Which helped caused his defeat).

So it doesn't even make sense for either Disney Dark Sidious(Who used Force Storm against Rey) nor Legends Sidious(which nothing states he cannot use Force Storm on someone nearby amongst many other tools like the former) to effortlessly dispose of Frieren past absolute nonsense.

King of time

Exceptional
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/kamen-rider-valvarad-runs-a-sword-user-gauntlet.1150430/. round 1) Grog season 2, Vox machina

round2) Jim Lake Jr Eos, Trollhunter

round3) Weiss Schnee vol9, RWBY

round4) Blake Belladonna vol9, RWBY

round5) Rusted Knight vol 9, RWBY

round6) Adam Taurus vol 6, RWBY

round7) Winter Snow vol8, RWBY

round8) Zack Fair, FF7R + Crisis Core

round9) Cloud Strife, FF7 + FF7R

Round10) Sephiroth FF7 + FF7R

round11) Master Xehanort with no name, KH3
:forizzle Why the heck is rwby on this list

LeonLex

Paramount
Rusted Knight LMAO, that's literally Jaune. Just call the dude by his name.
RT made him a huge failure by making it a legit paradox, any RWBY fan would want to forget that shit.

Salfarc

Paramount
It's funny because BBhoteppu did make an account here... only to cheerlead GaRbS whenever he comes here and tries to talk shit(it's BB-Chan) and nothing else.
Once she mention double standard against Fate, I agree, then eventually later I called her out for doing double standard against Fate...Kinda disappointed.
No, there are actually many times Servants can go Lightspeed or even faster(There are quite a few points in F/SN-F/Z-HA era alone where Servants are stated to attack "As fast as light"), that's the whole point of a section in Fate Extra/CCC when Kiara blows your Servant away to "a whole different Galaxy"(It's the Mythological Mystic Code that allows them to survive the experience) and a surprising number of Servants actually uses Light as an attack(Sherlock Holmes Magnifying Glasses buffs any light passing through them with enough Magical Energy to be a threat to Surtr-Sigurd in Ascension 1, Dioscuri and Charlemagne has Mana Burst: Light, Archimedes uses the same method that Sherlock Holmes does and his NP explicitly shows it at length, etc.)

Unless you mean Triple Accel was only talking about Dioscuri there.
Yeah I know those too, but thats like 3 or 4 times all combined. Don't think that's a lot. Thats the reason why I don't find it problematic that people think Servant can't go against speed of light, especially since a lot of people misunderstand what BB said. The feats exist but not a lot...At least I remember only like 3 or 4 of them.

Once she mention double standard against Fate, I agree, then eventually later I called her out for doing double standard against Fate...Kinda disappointed.

It's like we've been stating it before:
It's an attempt to placate to SB in the dumbest ways possible since it allows them to downplay even harder than just shutting them up at the pass. It's the same reason people are able to get away with the wank of other series because they constantly push it through with no real pushback on it.

Yeah I know those too, but thats like 3 or 4 times all combined. Don't think that's a lot. Thats the reason why I don't find it problematic that people think Servant can't go against speed of light, especially since a lot of people misunderstand what BB said. The feats exist but not a lot...At least I remember only like 3 or 4 of them.

That's the problem though: It's effectively meaningless to care about how many times it's stated because it ultimately doesn't matter.
Unless the feat is contradicted in a massive way(aka is literally one and done) or is meant to be an outlier in the story, it's counted regardless.
It's stated 3-4 times in FGO Olympus yes, but that doesn't matter when throughout the franchise, Relativistic speeds are stated for Servants on a number of occasions for friends and foes alike:

This isn't me including Diarmuid and Artoria reaching Relativistic speeds while they are just warming up in F/Z nor the fact that Hessian Lobo's reaction speed reaching low Microseconds - high Nanoseconds in Shinjuku is also Relativistic or the fact that in a general tone or the fact that Zeus and his Machine God Fleet needs FTL by a good amount to get around the universe in thousands upon thousands of years? The only reason why Servants can't attain FTL isn't that they literally cannot, it's just the strain of going that fast is too much for their Saint Graph unless they get outside modifications(Which is why the MMC is needed in Extra CCC).

Ultimately, it's meaningless to care about how many times it's stated, it only matters if it's ever truly contradicted and that's the problem when it comes to feats from Fate:
They never truly are contradicted, it's usually people using ridiculous standards or having poor reading comprehension most of the time.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

More than series like Bleach have going for them. Doesn’t even have real speed feats until the last arc because Kubo is allergic to backgrounds and enamored with the worthless blitzing trope circular reasoning

You only need a claim or showing, the bar is subterranean for a number of popularly discussed media

Back