• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
You check a player to see if they've killed.

You said Goth didn't kill.

I don't remember you saying anything about Always.

I was hoping things would have moved a bit quicker with other players - particularly the coaster blob but it’s just impossible. I need to hit the sack soon and by the time I’m up, days nearly over so gonna have to just abort mission

tbh I’m gonna put ace (dalton) into a scum slot, this feels like a repeat of Elden ring where he ducked the heavy lifting early phase, came about and made some reasonable looking posts and got town read and coasted to a win

No fucking clue what to make of Goth or OLU really, I have no kill results on either of them but it’s possible it’s just the janitor doing all the kills which makes it rough af

remind me, what’s your take on OLU?

we also need to have a talk about xenos

Ultra

THE BEAR
How curious. What do you make of that?

Who the fuck knows. This game has been very dry. Don't think I've had a single conversation that activated my almonds. He could have a guilty result and could be waiting to see who piles on the Phenom wagon, he could be bullshitting. I'm ready to just slap my vote on the wagon and force him to come out with whatever he's holding onto. Woof.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Even if your intention is honest here getting info out of OLU is like squeezing water from a rock, so yeah. Woof.

doesn’t really explain why you’re attaching negative connotations to me trying to get -something- out of a result that doesn’t really help anyone

The X

Marvelous
I was hoping things would have moved a bit quicker with other players - particularly the coaster blob but it’s just impossible. I need to hit the sack soon and by the time I’m up, days nearly over so gonna have to just abort mission

tbh I’m gonna put ace (dalton) into a scum slot, this feels like a repeat of Elden ring where he ducked the heavy lifting early phase, came about and made some reasonable looking posts and got town read and coasted to a win

No fucking clue what to make of Goth or OLU really, I have no kill results on either of them but it’s possible it’s just the janitor doing all the kills which makes it rough af

remind me, what’s your take on OLU?

we also need to have a talk about xenos
Always is forever a headache to solve. He could honestly be town or wolf here.

What was your plan with Always and your result? Hoping to bait out his team?

Rugrat

Caldust
oh I’m sorry, were we supposed to speed lynch the phase?
We haven’t had a lynch the previous two days, so fucking about trying to obfuscate results to draw people away from the wagon I worked hard to build is annoying. I don’t even know if this bloody lynch goes ahead.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Always is forever a headache to solve. He could honestly be town or wolf here.

What was your plan with Always and your result? Hoping to bait out his team?

Just try and shake something loose from the coasters in particular - tbh I don’t even know what I was looking for really, just getting desperate now cause the best we’ve got is basically blind shots in the dark

Ultra

THE BEAR
Meh, you're favouring level 1 scum play. With Xenos around you can't really hide Phen0m, might as well either get him deep or get yourself deep too.
Except the thing you keep missing is that his demand is not in line with what he believes should be the minimum standard of evidence here. I qualify this by saying that, by him pushing his suspects without a case, he himself concedes that one is not required. So then, his demand for one when it concerns him makes no sense, because he would know that it's not a required standard here. You can argue he expects more from me than he does from himself, maybe, but, to speak plainly, if either of us has earned the right to a case before being voted this game, it's me, not him. The best he had was "you were scared of Poyser", which I can't see how even he believes, because if this were true, I wouldn't have bothered scum reading Poyser at all. His argument essentially requires ignoring two cycles worth of interactions to favour night kill analysis after Poyser was already confirmed town. And I'll go further - my reasoning was far better than Poyser's, I have absolutely nothing to be scared of. I can evidence this by pointing to the fact that, on Day 3, he was forced into claiming - I was not.
And this is *exactly* why enabling scummy play is bad. Because from my perspective, he's motivated with an agenda, heck I would even argue he benefits the most from Ekko's death because he doesn't get read accuracy scrutinised, but it gets dismissed because "he has played badly before". Sure he has, but that isn't a reason to town read him, nor is it a reason to enable him, especially when he has done nothing of note otherwise in the game.
I think "less involved" is harsh at best. I've been one of the most consistently active players in the game. I've pushed directions, just because Poyser wasn't actually ly ched doesn't mean that whole sequence of play before it didn't happen, for example. The problem here is that I have to be "super townie" to get even a Null read. It's not unique to this game in your case - in Elden Ring, even after seeing my town flip, you were still making arguments that carried the implication I was scum, and I don't need to go back over the Vanilla game. I'm not going to say I haven't been any different. I obviously have, for good reasons, but it's not relevant because you've seen me play as Scum enough to know less involvement doesn't actually imply anything about my alignment - there is no activity tell here. It's just a lazy way to read me, and frankly, in bad faith - I think you expect me to solve the game or die which, while probably justified on some level, is a really exhausting standard to be subjected to every single game.

I'm just going to give the cliffs of my response here. I'm not holding you to some impossible standard of "solve the game or you're scum". I'm actually holding you to a rather median standard of having suspects and a thought process behind them, and being proactive about it. Saying Lethal doesn't even deserve a case defies an important essence of towning - you should be motivated to make others see your own perspective and pin him to the wall and discuss his slot rather than just being content with saying he's suspect while taking no initiative to get him over. Idk what to tell you, everyone gets held to the standards of established play. I think frankly if I was in the game with your posts -dearth of thread wide solving and a quieter, more narrow focus on players that others are not very interested in lynching- I'd similarly have a bad time, and this is not an insult to the inherent value of your posts but that's how expectation works. I do know that you are not solely implicated by less involvement as you are not incapable of being very involved as scum. But you know after some thought you're probably not even the worst offender, town overall feels a bit sleepy. Woof

PHEN0M

GOATN0M
Ain't going to be a game of you flip town. Not playing so phenomenally! Woof

You’re absolutely right! Wish i would have been replaced as to not put us even more behind the 8 ball, it is what it is. I legit forgot about the game due to life/work. Was prepared to try and look at what I could off a flipped scum player but alas, we got none of those. Don’t know that I would have changed much on that front even if I was here :hayden3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back