• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imposter

Illustrious
I’ve felt he’s been town on play for days based on a huge wagon on him in particular when others were guilty of the same stuff.

TAT claimed to have jailed OLU so I don’t find it iffy there.

All lynches have been difficult to get over the line, his is the only inactivity wagon that’s really had any following so he’s town in my book. There’s also the odd reason why nobody wants to lynch Goth Boy and I suspect one of them is scum.
Right and the names who were leading that wagon were OLU (5): CP, Poyser, Imposter, Aurelian, Ultra

Ratchet

Anyway, I'm inclined towards voting Lethal/Rugrat/OLU here, but I can probably compromise with Gram (would like to see something more than "he has played lazily" though). There *is* a lack of investigative roles for the town given that approx 1/3 of the game must be scum so I actually felt his claim was plausible, but of course they'd know this with fakes anyway.

Ultra

THE BEAR
You think there are 6 Mafia and Town have a Hated townie, with a Double Serial, with one of them being Lynchproof? 0 chance.

You seemed to hold the bizzare assumption that we had 4 mafia in a game with 2 SK's, I'd say that is frankly even more bizarre. You can justify 6 if you assume there's going to be some cross factional action or as we saw in the WWE game scum have their own negative passives.

There's also potential for there to be 5 scum and them having any form of vote manipulation so...not really that crazy to consider, out of the gate, at least. Woof.

Ratchet

You seemed to hold the bizzare assumption that we had 4 mafia in a game with 2 SK's, I'd say that is frankly even more bizarre. You can justify 6 if you assume there's going to be some cross factional action or as we saw in the WWE game scum have their own negative passives.

There's also potential for there to be 5 scum and them having any form of vote manipulation so...not really that crazy to consider, out of the gate, at least. Woof.
I have no idea why you think 4 Mafia with 2 Serial (one of them being Lynchproof!) is bizarre - most of the games you've played will have followed that sort of ratio. 23 players - 6 total scum - roughly 3/4 town, 1/4 anti town.

We've seen no existence of vote manipulation outside of the double voter, so this can probably be dismissed.

Imposter

Illustrious
For the record I don't disagree on Goth either but then I don't particularly trust you as town so I'm wary of being diverted again

Rugrat

Caldust
For the record I don't disagree on Goth either but then I don't particularly trust you as town so I'm wary of being diverted again
you probably had Phenom in your PoE and Lethal as town as did I. I gave reasons for lynching him, so it’s disingenuous to discredit me diverting you.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Have you ever once actually broke down where this apparent conviction comes from? I have no idea whatsoever how you think OLU or Goth have been Townier than me or even Gram frankly. I know burden of evidence is a big ask for most of you, but it should actually be a basic requirement, so by all means, floor is yours.

It's a list made in order of confidence. Do Goth/OLU have anything to their name this game other than complete gibberish? No, for the most part. Am I supposed to faithfully proceed with lynching them over you because your posts are "better"? Also, no. Aside from already given reasons, and the act that you're in a POE which leaves you with a pretty high chance of being scum as a prior, here are a couple of reasons why I find it easier to read you as scum:

- Coming to quick agreement with someone at the top of your PoE about prioritizing Phenom as a target, who flipped town.
- Few attempts made at clearing players in PoE.
- Very little progression from your pushes made on Day 2 that aren't default-y players. Can't really see what your solving process is given this and the above.
- Lack of good associative with other PoE. Aside rom Rugrat (and Lethal, I guess, if I include him), you are strikingly compatible with the rest of the PoE by means of mostly non-interaction

That said, I'd be willing to consider a scum Lethal world a bit if Gram flips scum, just judging from what I've seen between them this game, and I think the case on Gram is better than you. Woof.

Imposter

Illustrious
you probably had Phenom in your PoE and Lethal as town as did I. I gave reasons for lynching him, so it’s disingenuous to discredit me diverting you.
Not wrong but I would've opted Lethal over Phenom out of the two which would've been better with hindsight (although I also laid out why previously). Anyway what's done is done. Who is your priority lynch this phase?

Ultra

THE BEAR
I have no idea why you think 4 Mafia with 2 Serial (one of them being Lynchproof!) is bizarre - most of the games you've played will have followed that sort of ratio. 23 players - 6 total scum - roughly 3/4 town, 1/4 anti town.

We've seen no existence of vote manipulation outside of the double voter, so this can probably be dismissed.

The presence of serials doesn't justify less mafia in complete proportion, because of cross faction attacking, it can be presumed not all of them will need to be lynched. The exception being a mafia that's strongly resistant to kills and has a lot of tools at their disposal, but even then they still have a longer trek to victory than they would in a standard set up of this size, so 4 pretty much always feels underwhelming. Woof.

Rugrat

Caldust
@Rugrat @Imposter @Alco

What do you make of the amount of protective claims in the game thus far? Woof.
We’ve had a 2 shot bus driver flip
We’ve got a cop confirmed BG
I am a commuter
Alco has his stop all kills role

that’s two direct protection, a personal and a miscallenous type

scum probably have two direct protection, a personal and a miscallenous type in:

Roleblocker
Redirector or deflection role of some sort
1 shot BP GF
Some miscellaneous thing that’s pointless guessing

it aligns if I’m honest

Ratchet

It's a list made in order of confidence. Do Goth/OLU have anything to their name this game other than complete gibberish? No, for the most part. Am I supposed to faithfully proceed with lynching them over you because your posts are "better"? Also, no. Aside from already given reasons, and the act that you're in a POE which leaves you with a pretty high chance of being scum as a prior, here are a couple of reasons why I find it easier to read you as scum:
The problem is I suspect most of this is paranoia on your part - I don't think Gram and then me heading up your list is a coincidence. We need to lynch based on who is most likely to be scum, your paranoia is of little concern. I'll just go through your reasoning:
- Coming to quick agreement with someone at the top of your PoE about prioritizing Phenom as a target, who flipped town.
- Few attempts made at clearing players in PoE.
- Very little progression from your pushes made on Day 2 that aren't default-y players. Can't really see what your solving process is given this and the above.
- Lack of good associative with other PoE. Aside rom Rugrat (and Lethal, I guess, if I include him), you are strikingly compatible with the rest of the PoE by means of mostly non-interaction
- Phen0m flipping town doesn't disqualify the fact that a scum Noble is incredibly dangerous and the risk outweighed the reward of keeping him. You forget, he was *also* in my PoE.

- This is an easy point to make, until you consider that my PoE of 8 was comprised of Lethal, Rugrat, OLU, Goth, Phen0m, Dalton, Gram and TAT. At least 5 of those slots were either inactive or notoriously unhelpful - my ability to clear them is obviously compromised by this, and you really ought to have considered this much at least. I've made attempts to engage with most of them - you've seen what I've gotten back from Lethal. I've progressed through Dalton, and somewhat TAT too, so ultimately this is a lazy point that fails to consider the reality of what is actually being dealt with. For the record, I'll be transparent - I think your attempts to solve the PoE have been unsound (but not scummy). I think you've looked to defend the weak slots, presumably out of fear that they're low hanging fruit, and attack the stronger ones, presumably out of paranoia. It's a logically-poor process that results in confirmation bias, which I'm pretty sure is on full display here. So if you're comparing your play to mine and seeing differencies - there is why.

-Not really true, Day 3 I've worked through Poyser, and you know... we did fail to lynch Days 3 and 4, so obviously information is going to be starved which makes progression harder. This is another point that probably sounds good internally - until you apply it to the actual game. I don't recall anyone except X flipping their reads over. It has been very static across the board.

-I have limited time and energy to devote to this game. In spite of this, I think I've done pretty darn good, but if you're asking me to bring up receipts of interactions with everyone, well yes, I don't have those. Some of these slots have been very inactive too, I can't draw anything from someone that isn't here.

I'm mostly getting into this because, when you promote the SK shooting me after seeing Lethal shit all over the thread, then I think the efficacy of your approach comes into question. It's game-losing, as least as far as I'm concerned. I can evidence all of this by pointing out that you even came out with Lethal appearing "townie" - that's beyond meta, it's you choosing to see his posts favourably out of confirmation bias. You've done the same with OLU.

Imposter

Illustrious
We've had a 2xbusdriver, 2xbodyguard (cats out of the bag it's obvious at this point), 2x commuter, 1xkillstop, JOAT w/jailkeep & watcher
It seems a little excessive to me yeah although I wouldn't say impossible to all be town depending on the mafia make up. You're up against the mafia kill and a SK duo, they could kill every other night to begin with but they have much higher survivability compared to a single SK so that balances it out somewhat.

Ratchet

The presence of serials doesn't justify less mafia in complete proportion, because of cross faction attacking, it can be presumed not all of them will need to be lynched. The exception being a mafia that's strongly resistant to kills and has a lot of tools at their disposal, but even then they still have a longer trek to victory than they would in a standard set up of this size, so 4 pretty much always feels underwhelming. Woof.
Sure it does, the Serials were a two-man Mafia. Town still need to kill scum - needing to kill 8 would be obscene. I suppose if scum come out and hammer here I'm going to look rather silly, but I don't believe this is endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back