• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Ehh...I think the case for a scum motivated Rugrat focusing on those exact parameters strongly favors them not being associated. Scum strat would probably favor brushing Phenom under the rug and then doing literally anything else to get him past the finish line. It's not like he was particularly in danger before Rugs brought him up.
Meh, you're favouring level 1 scum play. With Xenos around you can't really hide Phen0m, might as well either get him deep or get yourself deep too.
I disagree, I think Lethal is well in rights to demand a case from you, even a bare bones one, and I don't think it goes without saying that he doesn't deserve one. I'm not going to say his play in Stellar. His pushing for Ekko without factoring in the cop read is pretty bad. But I don't think that's the worst case of OMGUS I've ever seen.
Except the thing you keep missing is that his demand is not in line with what he believes should be the minimum standard of evidence here. I qualify this by saying that, by him pushing his suspects without a case, he himself concedes that one is not required. So then, his demand for one when it concerns him makes no sense, because he would know that it's not a required standard here. You can argue he expects more from me than he does from himself, maybe, but, to speak plainly, if either of us has earned the right to a case before being voted this game, it's me, not him. The best he had was "you were scared of Poyser", which I can't see how even he believes, because if this were true, I wouldn't have bothered scum reading Poyser at all. His argument essentially requires ignoring two cycles worth of interactions to favour night kill analysis after Poyser was already confirmed town. And I'll go further - my reasoning was far better than Poyser's, I have absolutely nothing to be scared of. I can evidence this by pointing to the fact that, on Day 3, he was forced into claiming - I was not.
And if your argument against him is that he's done so badly no case is even needed, it's only natural for me to observe he's done far worse in previous performances and not find that point compelling.
And this is *exactly* why enabling scummy play is bad. Because from my perspective, he's motivated with an agenda, heck I would even argue he benefits the most from Ekko's death because he doesn't get read accuracy scrutinised, but it gets dismissed because "he has played badly before". Sure he has, but that isn't a reason to town read him, nor is it a reason to enable him, especially when he has done nothing of note otherwise in the game.
I didn't say you haven't done *anything at all*, just that you haven't been super townie. Yes, you're held to different standards, but mostly I'm respectively holding each of you to your own standards, and l don't think it's unfair to say you've been less involved compared to your most recent town showing, overall. Woof.
I think "less involved" is harsh at best. I've been one of the most consistently active players in the game. I've pushed directions, just because Poyser wasn't actually ly ched doesn't mean that whole sequence of play before it didn't happen, for example. The problem here is that I have to be "super townie" to get even a Null read. It's not unique to this game in your case - in Elden Ring, even after seeing my town flip, you were still making arguments that carried the implication I was scum, and I don't need to go back over the Vanilla game. I'm not going to say I haven't been any different. I obviously have, for good reasons, but it's not relevant because you've seen me play as Scum enough to know less involvement doesn't actually imply anything about my alignment - there is no activity tell here. It's just a lazy way to read me, and frankly, in bad faith - I think you expect me to solve the game or die which, while probably justified on some level, is a really exhausting standard to be subjected to every single game.

Ultra

THE BEAR
It’s based on the fact that with no watcher, the tracker was meant to be claimable - if I’m being honest i legit forgot about the janitor so it’s not really as good a point as i

Rugrat being so adamant that we must lynch phenom and nothing else is acceptable looks almost certainly town to me if I assume it’s 5 scum, and obviously he’d be a lock if phenom is scum, they’re not giving up their DV at this stage

My problem is I can’t shake the fear of 6

on probability I’m going to say town tho

I actually don't care much for this post. If Rugrat is scum, he clearly has a persuasive angle here, and he presumably has a bunch of buddies in immediate PoE he's trying to divert attention from. Are you arguing he find a good out and *doesn't* pursue it aggressively? Woof.

The X

Marvelous
Aurelian will be taking over vote counts for the rest of this day. I will be present to provide a flip if necessary just a bit tied up otherwise.

Also wanted to note the next night will be extended until Monday as I have an all day obligation tomorrow. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Hope you're good.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Meh, you're favouring level 1 scum play. With Xenos around you can't really hide Phen0m, might as well either get him deep or get yourself deep too.
Except the thing you keep missing is that his demand is not in line with what he believes should be the minimum standard of evidence here. I qualify this by saying that, by him pushing his suspects without a case, he himself concedes that one is not required. So then, his demand for one when it concerns him makes no sense, because he would know that it's not a required standard here. You can argue he expects more from me than he does from himself, maybe, but, to speak plainly, if either of us has earned the right to a case before being voted this game, it's me, not him. The best he had was "you were scared of Poyser", which I can't see how even he believes, because if this were true, I wouldn't have bothered scum reading Poyser at all. His argument essentially requires ignoring two cycles worth of interactions to favour night kill analysis after Poyser was already confirmed town. And I'll go further - my reasoning was far better than Poyser's, I have absolutely nothing to be scared of. I can evidence this by pointing to the fact that, on Day 3, he was forced into claiming - I was not.
And this is *exactly* why enabling scummy play is bad. Because from my perspective, he's motivated with an agenda, heck I would even argue he benefits the most from Ekko's death because he doesn't get read accuracy scrutinised, but it gets dismissed because "he has played badly before". Sure he has, but that isn't a reason to town read him, nor is it a reason to enable him, especially when he has done nothing of note otherwise in the game.
I think "less involved" is harsh at best. I've been one of the most consistently active players in the game. I've pushed directions, just because Poyser wasn't actually ly ched doesn't mean that whole sequence of play before it didn't happen, for example. The problem here is that I have to be "super townie" to get even a Null read. It's not unique to this game in your case - in Elden Ring, even after seeing my town flip, you were still making arguments that carried the implication I was scum, and I don't need to go back over the Vanilla game. I'm not going to say I haven't been any different. I obviously have, for good reasons, but it's not relevant because you've seen me play as Scum enough to know less involvement doesn't actually imply anything about my alignment - there is no activity tell here. It's just a lazy way to read me, and frankly, in bad faith - I think you expect me to solve the game or die which, while probably justified on some level, is a really exhausting standard to be subjected to every single game.

Can't respond to all this right now, I'll get to it later. I'll unvote in the meantime so I'm fair to you. Woof

Ultra

THE BEAR
Aurelian will be taking over vote counts for the rest of this day. I will be present to provide a flip if necessary just a bit tied up otherwise.

Also wanted to note the next night will be extended until Monday as I have an all day obligation tomorrow. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Can we get a day extension instead? Woof.

Day 5 Vote Count 1

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
@xenos5 who did you shoot?

Vote: Ratchet
Vote lynch xenos

Hes not scummy he is scum

vote Xenos

not entertaining anything else unless it's iron clad (shout out to Big Show)

I’m sorry, but it’s frankly astounding that nobody wants to lynch Phenom. No way he flips town lolol

vote Phenom

[Vote Lynch TAT]

You can’t give me a single reason why I would work with the other scum team, or how lynching me when I have a 1x Lynchproof would benefit town.

You coming in with this defeatist “if we lose because we lynched the SK now we deserved to lose” stance is not helping anything.

[Vote Lynch Phenom]

Case is persuasive enough to be my default vote for now. Woof. Bbl

[Vote Lynch Ratchet]

Woof!

Vote Ultra

Alright Rugrat, you win.

Vote Phenom

Day 5 Vote Count 1:

Ratchet: 1
Phenom: 2
Xenos: 2
TAT: 1

Lethal: Ratchet
One Last Username: Xenos
TAT: Xenos
Rugrat: Phenom
Xenos: TAT
Ultra: Phenom < Ratchet < Unvoted
Black Pegged Dragon: TAT < Ultra < Phenom

With 16 players alive it takes 9 to lynch, you have about 18.5 hours remaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDK

Ratchet

Day 5 Vote Count 1:

Ratchet: 2
Phenom: 2
Xenos: 2
TAT: 1

Lethal: Ratchet
One Last Username: Xenos
TAT: Xenos
Rugrat: Phenom
Xenos: TAT
Ultra: Phenom < Ratchet
Black Pegged Dragon: TAT < Ultra < Phenom

With 16 players alive it takes 9 to lynch, you have about 18.5 hours remaining.
I should only have 1 vote against me, Ultra unvoted.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I actually don't care much for this post. If Rugrat is scum, he clearly has a persuasive angle here, and he presumably has a bunch of buddies in immediate PoE he's trying to divert attention from. Are you arguing he find a good out and *doesn't* pursue it aggressively? Woof.

it feels like an all in move in a situation where it makes significantly more sense to be all in as town than scum

who are these buddies he’s hypothetically diverting from? OLU presumably?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back