• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugrat

Caldust
I don’t wanna go into it too much lol, BPD probably had the worst performance I’ve ever seen in my life. But the fact that every inactive was town too was really rough luck. Tweet giving up after being confirmed was the drizzling shits. TAT being TAT for the majority of the game although at least he did try and start playing this last phase, was just too late. OLU and goth boy didn’t make a single coherent post between them
I think this is unfair as he contributed, was active and did his best.

the inactives I feel was the killer

Poyser

I enjoyed ultra’s performance this game, but after my town flip just deciding that my points on ratchet were “terrible” for no reason and saying he didn’t see him as scum for ??? Vague shite reasons was a weird one. Especially as he then ended up putting ratchet top of his poe later kek

Alco

Distinguished
It is a pretty nonstandard role. I think the only real clue was the observation TAT made earlier which Poyser dismissed out of hand but actually was retroactively pretty sound. I think people give far much undue consideration to roleshit and set up assumptions but that's a really really good one, because it was explicitly confirmed by the host.
I was especially lucky that Doddsy of all people made a comment about it, so it was out of the question that this was the janitored role.

Ratchet

To be fair, as town there are arguments I am aware I can't make because I'd just be ignored or aren't sufficiently persuasive. I considered you/Rugrat not likely, but I wasn't as certain on Lethal being town as I was letting on. I was also getting badly worn down by just the cumulative load of shit between you guys/bad town so I didn't have all the room to have a proper back and forth. But I'm also curious to hear from you what constitutes a "proper" reason to scum read you.
The holistic reasoning regarding a lack of thread wide solving was probably fair, but it would really be in the gaps my arguments must have. To be fair, I didn't really earn that standard this game - I was and am genuinely busy, with Mafia alone to say nothing of other things honestly, so I couldn't put my best showing anyway. I don't think the scum read itself was bad, the points around it though were easily dismissable. I mean, I don't think I have many glaring tells, but I suspect if I were town my slot would be handled in much the same way, so I guess it comes back to "have I gotten scum killed yet".

Poyser

Fairly happy with my reads anyway, only person I got actually wrong was Imposter as I really liked his early play (kudos) and good distancing between gram and alco prob means I wouldn’t see them together although cp did make some good points after I died that might have swayed me. Ratchet flipping scum probably makes me clear Rugrat as well so don’t think we were winning. Scum team were too strong as a unit

Poyser

It is a pretty nonstandard role. I think the only real clue was the observation TAT made earlier which Poyser dismissed out of hand but actually was retroactively pretty sound. I think people give far much undue consideration to roleshit and set up assumptions but that's a really really good one, because it was explicitly confirmed by the host.
Tbh, the role has no business being scum really lol

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Fairly happy with my reads anyway, only person I got actually wrong was Imposter as I really liked his early play (kudos) and good distancing between gram and alco prob means I wouldn’t see them together although cp did make some good points after I died that might have swayed me. Ratchet flipping scum probably makes me clear Rugrat as well so don’t think we were winning. Scum team were too strong as a unit
*cough*

Poyser

I think this is unfair as he contributed, was active and did his best.

the inactives I feel was the killer
He was the drizzling shits. Wrong on everything, spent the entire game talking absolute crap. I’d actually rather he was inactive. Completely effects people’s ability to focus on the rest of the game because of the fact he’s super active and harasses you every time you post with points that don’t make any sense

Choosing to ignite me and fang on N3 when we were really obviously town just underscores it. I won’t be signing up to any more games he plays, he’s that bad to play with

Ultra

THE BEAR
I enjoyed ultra’s performance this game, but after my town flip just deciding that my points on ratchet were “terrible” for no reason and saying he didn’t see him as scum for ??? Vague shite reasons was a weird one. Especially as he then ended up putting ratchet top of his poe later kek

No, I maintain your arguments were bad, at least as presented. He definitely didn't "need" you to go in any capacity, the argument that he was trying to see through your lynch and had no recourse was just plain wrong. I have lots of experience playing with Ratchet and your profile of his scum play mismatched your presentation. I came around fairly quickly to scum reading him for my own reasons.

Ratchet

I think the killstop was very strong, yes. Could certainly argue too strong, even. Especially as we had room with the Duel to waste a kill. Also was lucky with the Serials falling apart early on too.

Poyser

You too I suppose, tho I wasn’t really confident of you being scum any more by the time I saw your lynch thru lol. Didn’t want a no lynch and there wasn’t much downside since you could be a confirmed town voice for the rest of the game

Was quite frustrating tbh that I had you right, then changed my mind. I then started to see you as possibly town again but it was a bit too late for me at that point and I didn’t have another direction I felt I could push through in time

Ratchet

I don't think your arguments were very good either - there was a reason you got votes on you. I suppose you see things differently from your perspective, but I was pretty confident I'd survive after your flip. I was Godfather, too, so being investigated would have false cleared me. The biggest issue with my game was that I was treading water for half of it after that point, because I was both preparing to be bussed while also seeing if I could keep surviving which made for a pretty weird few days. Certainly wasn't anything great from me, but I'm okay with it.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Yeah think this was just a case of our team being really cohesive and just doing enough rather than a total annihilation

Poyser

No, I maintain your arguments were bad, at least as presented. He definitely didn't "need" you to go in any capacity, the argument that he was trying to see through your lynch and had no recourse was just plain wrong. I have lots of experience playing with Ratchet and your profile of his scum play mismatched your presentation. I came around fairly quickly to scum reading him for my own reasons.
They weren’t bad at all kek

Ultra

THE BEAR
The holistic reasoning regarding a lack of thread wide solving was probably fair, but it would really be in the gaps my arguments must have. To be fair, I didn't really earn that standard this game - I was and am genuinely busy, with Mafia alone to say nothing of other things honestly, so I couldn't put my best showing anyway. I don't think the scum read itself was bad, the points around it though were easily dismissable. I mean, I don't think I have many glaring tells, but I suspect if I were town my slot would be handled in much the same way, so I guess it comes back to "have I gotten scum killed yet".

My biggest hangup with you was your lack of follow up on the very cases you presented, and failing to follow threads of logic that you should have from your own perspective, like how you were following along with what Rugrat was doing or saying very easily. I'm challenging you to form an argument from your own perspective that isn't "bad" or "easily dismissible", because I constantly get this criticism from you and I think my compounding angles correctly led to me scum reading you and it wasn't just pure chance or luck or anything.

Ratchet

Yeah think this was just a case of our team being really cohesive and just doing enough rather than a total annihilation
I think that sums it up fairly, yeah. I liked that we didn't bus each other hard but distanced effectively too, would have been able to get a couple people deep just off the back of that so overall probably a fair result even ignoring inactives and the snafu with Xenos' death etc.

Ultra

THE BEAR
They weren’t bad at all kek

Perhaps not in totality but the one you left at the end of day showed a blatant lack of self awareness of your own position in the game - Ratchet isn't hinging the success of his scum play on lynching town's heaviest hitter. He got a claim from you and moved on. You implied he had no recourse after being wrong on you which is absolutely silly to assume from any mafia at any skill level much less his.

Ratchet

My biggest hangup with you was your lack of follow up on the very cases you presented, and failing to follow threads of logic that you should have from your own perspective, like how you were following along with what Rugrat was doing or saying very easily. I'm challenging you to form an argument from your own perspective that isn't "bad" or "easily dismissible", because I constantly get this criticism from you and I think my compounding angles correctly led to me scum reading you and it wasn't just pure chance or luck or anything.
Personally, I would argue a good portion of this came from how much time I actually had to play, but I don't really mean to suggest it was luck. What you're saying is ultimately fair, but I think as you presented your arguments it wasn't very compelling, and on top of this you were perhaps assuming too much about what I should follow through with, compared to what I would otherwise.

Poyser

I don't think your arguments were very good either - there was a reason you got votes on you. I suppose you see things differently from your perspective, but I was pretty confident I'd survive after your flip. I was Godfather, too, so being investigated would have false cleared me. The biggest issue with my game was that I was treading water for half of it after that point, because I was both preparing to be bussed while also seeing if I could keep surviving which made for a pretty weird few days. Certainly wasn't anything great from me, but I'm okay with it.
Your actions don’t match your words here lol, you pussied out of seeing my lynch through after I claimed so don’t think you can claim that at all. My arguments were good, because the way you played D2 around me and tweet was scummy as fuck, and then you flipped to voting Rugrat after saying the flip that happened would look good for him as your argument was he made no sense as scum to do that around time, so your progression to voting him made no sense at all.

I’m not saying you played badly, you’re a tough read. But your actions that I outlined were objectively scummy. There’s obviously a reason I’ve not tried to lynch you when you were town but I did hear when you’re scum. You obviously killed me for a reason too lol

Also I don’t think saying i got votes on me reslly furthers your point either kek - town were the absolute shits this game. My play around tweet made less than no sense coming from scum me. There was not one single viable explanation for what my scum thought process would be - it was all just throwing shit at the wall and nobody bothering to look too deeply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back