• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

Perhaps not in totality but the one you left at the end of day showed a blatant lack of self awareness of your own position in the game - Ratchet isn't hinging the success of his scum play on lynching town's heaviest hitter. He got a claim from you and moved on. You implied he had no recourse after being wrong on you which is absolutely silly to assume from any mafia at any skill level much less his.
What are you talking about? He was pushing me as his top direction and most scummy. When I claimed, he saw the thread turn and chickened out of pushing me. He then had no idea where to go after that which is why he pivoted to Rugrat with a progression that didn’t make any sense, as I also pointed out. He lacked direction all game, as I was saying all D2 as well

Ratchet

Your actions don’t match your words here lol, you pussied out of seeing my lynch through after I claimed so don’t think you can claim that at all.
Eh, not really interested in this back and forth but, on this point, pushing your lynch after your bus driver claim only served to sabotage my position completely. If scum are bus driving TPein, it would be to kill him, which obviously didn't line up with your usage (which by itself was really clutch, because it stopped me from being false cleared). So after that it was time to go elsewhere and leave you to the kill, if I'd continued to double down I'd just have nothing to argue with. Even though it made me look worse in the thread, it was the right move to make.

Poyser

Also cp was a big mover in getting votes on me, and that’s because my 2 directions were Ekko and ratchet, people he thought he had inno checks on

Poyser

Eh, not really interested in this back and forth but, on this point, pushing your lynch after your bus driver claim only served to sabotage my position completely. If scum are bus driving TPein, it would be to kill him, which obviously didn't line up with your usage (which by itself was really clutch, because it stopped me from being false cleared). So after that it was time to go elsewhere and leave you to the kill, if I'd continued to double down I'd just have nothing to argue with. Even though it made me look worse in the thread, it was the right move to make.
Yeah I don’t disagree with that at all - it was the right move to make coming from a scum you and evidently it worked for you. My point was more that it makes much less sense coming from a townie that really thinks I am scum lol and isn’t so image conscious lol

Poyser

Again, not trying to argue you didn’t play well as scum. You did!

Just saying my arguments were terrible is absolutely a load of shite

Ultra

THE BEAR
What are you talking about? He was pushing me as his top direction and most scummy. When I claimed, he saw the thread turn and chickened out of pushing me. He then had no idea where to go after that which is why he pivoted to Rugrat with a progression that didn’t make any sense, as I also pointed out. He lacked direction all game, as I was saying all D2 as well

I mean that from the onset he knows you're town and he has more than you to mislynch so he's always entering your push with the prior knowledge he's not going to see it through and even if he did he'd face negative consequences? You're basically saying he could do nothing but seethe and cope once he failed to get you which is a very centric perspective. I even had my reservations about his cases put forth but you were saying he had no other recourse after failing to set up you which is ridiculous. You probably made some good points throughout the day in hindsight but I think here you had a good lead but filled in the gaps with angles like this which seem like overextending.

Ratchet

Yeah I don’t disagree with that at all - it was the right move to make coming from a scum you and evidently it worked for you. My point was more that it makes much less sense coming from a townie that really thinks I am scum lol and isn’t so image conscious lol
Even as town, I'd either have to argue you were claiming Doddsy's role or that you bus drove T-Pein and some other role interacted with it or whatever - on the basis of evidence your usage essentially confirmed you as town. So I think, even if I were town, I'd be forced to retire the suspicion. You could argue I'd be more resilient to it, maybe, but in that position I'd probably just go elsewhere either way.

The switch to Rugrat from that was intended - I didn't think I'd survive too long, so wanted to make my push on him look a bit slimy. That was probably the worst part of my play I think - I was caught between preparing to be bussed (when my team felt I'd be capable of going deep) and finding ways to stay I the game, which left me nowhere.

Poyser

I mean that from the onset he knows you're town and he has more than you to mislynch so he's always entering your push with the prior knowledge he's not going to see it through and even if he did he'd face negative consequences? You're basically saying he could do nothing but seethe and cope once he failed to get you which is a very centric perspective. I even had my reservations about his cases put forth but you were saying he had no other recourse after failing to set up you which is ridiculous. You probably made some good points throughout the day in hindsight but I think here you had a good lead but filled in the gaps with angles like this which seem like overextending.
I don’t think this makes sense at all.. he obviously wasn’t pushing me with prior knowledge that he wasn’t going to see it through lol, he pretty clearly pivoted because of my claim. Before that I was his #1 scum. My argument was my claim fucked him over and he didn’t know where to go afterwards and didn’t have the balls to keep pushing me in the face of it. The way he was going on about scum reading me before my claim, I felt a townie would need way more than me claiming to bus drive tpein to completely give up that scum read. Look at tweet for example - his first reaction was that if I was scum bus driver that wanted to claim the role then I’d have no choice but to bus drive tpein. You could easily bypass it, even tho it might not be successful. A townie that genuinely thinks I’m scum is waaaayy less likely to back off and start reading me town just because of that claim, especially one that had such strong opinions about me and my play beforehand

Ultra

THE BEAR
I don’t think this makes sense at all.. he obviously wasn’t pushing me with prior knowledge that he wasn’t going to see it through lol, he pretty clearly pivoted because of my claim. Before that I was his #1 scum. My argument was my claim fucked him over and he didn’t know where to go afterwards and didn’t have the balls to keep pushing me in the face of it. The way he was going on about scum reading me before my claim, I felt a townie would need way more than me claiming to bus drive tpein to completely give up that scum read. Look at tweet for example - his first reaction was that if I was scum bus driver that wanted to claim the role then I’d have no choice but to bus drive tpein. You could easily bypass it, even tho it might not be successful. A townie that genuinely thinks I’m scum is waaaayy less likely to back off and start reading me town just because of that claim, especially one that had such strong opinions about me and my play beforehand

I can kinda see your point from a general perspective of his play mind you but scum Ratchet does not lack the capacity to push literally anyone else but town Poyser. By his own admission he made an intentionally slimey divert onto Rugrat for distancing purposes.

Anyway my point wasn't even being made against you to dab on you after you died it was in light of your assumption that the rest of your reads were correct. See:

I think if he *was* cornered as mafia with his merry band of PoE inactives that the very last thing he would do is give up his case on Poyser without resistance. Doesn't make sense.

This was what I was really driving at: Your very assumption that scum Ratchet could have pushed you and didn't defies the rest of your game view that scum were in what was the PoE at the time. Because if by your own admission your Bus Drive claim isn't 100% absolving and he also needs to see you over to help win, his lack of doing so clearly means he has other options, and that was in fact the case!

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Yo @Black Pegged Dragon

seth-meyers-here-you-go.gif

LVP
For killing 2 town confirmed players

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
You too I suppose, tho I wasn’t really confident of you being scum any more by the time I saw your lynch thru lol. Didn’t want a no lynch and there wasn’t much downside since you could be a confirmed town voice for the rest of the game

Was quite frustrating tbh that I had you right, then changed my mind. I then started to see you as possibly town again but it was a bit too late for me at that point and I didn’t have another direction I felt I could push through in time
I realize that with a different claim y'all mighta lynched elsewhere, and admittedly this was far from my best game

Poyser

I can kinda see your point from a general perspective of his play mind you but scum Ratchet does not lack the capacity to push literally anyone else but town Poyser. By his own admission he made an intentionally slimey divert onto Rugrat for distancing purposes.

Anyway my point wasn't even being made against you to dab on you after you died it was in light of your assumption that the rest of your reads were correct. See:

This was what I was really driving at: Your very assumption that scum Ratchet could have pushed you and didn't defies the rest of your game view that scum were in what was the PoE at the time. Because if by your own admission your Bus Drive claim isn't 100% absolving and he also needs to see you over to help win, his lack of doing so clearly means he has other options, and that was in fact the case!
Well not really. Cos his other option was to push his teammate lol. Yes he said he did that deliberately but again my point isn’t that it wasn’t good scum play, but that it didn’t make sense coming from a townie. My point about his lack of progression around Rugrat to justify the vote was spot on, and that’s the reason that made me change from voting OLU to ratchet and then I come back after day and see you calling it terrible with pretty terrible reasons for saying you don’t see him as scum, so it was pretty frustrating

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Think you were missing me actually, but yes otherwise. That said, was a weird game all around. Would rather not focus on bad town play that was definitely there, was a fun team to scum with.
i think it shuda been a clue to me that u were reluctant to follow the rugrat wagon, but i dont see me suspecting u as a mason anyway. fang's role shuda been called neighbor or hinted at u being possibly from different alignment, like in poyser's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back