• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Marvelous
Great distancing by Ratchet/Rugrat. The Alco role being scum is just nonsense, as well as the lynchproof SK.

Pretty annoyed that I apparently copped scum twice and got nothing to show for it, but oh well, it does in fact be like that at times! Would've been difficult to prevent an Ekko mislynch I think if I don't cop him n1 there and then tip my hand when it looked like the wind was blowing in his direction. Overall fairly happy with my reads and usage.
Why are you so against the lynchproof out of curiosity? It was only 1x lynchproof and was only a thing if he didn't kill the night before.

Poyser

Roleblock has always preceded bus drive on WF Mafia.

on MafiaScum bus drive comes before role block but I don’t believe they can bus drive themselves
This just isn’t true at all lol, fairly sure I remember the situation that made gram change his custom action resolution order because he wanted to be able to block a bus driver in a game as mafia and got burned

The generally accepted way would be for the bus drive to take precedence

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
And how are you supposed to deal with 2 bus drives in play in the same night, re: T-Pein's role?

If Poyser bus drives player A and player B
and T-Pein bus drives player B and player C

What the fuck happens?

Imposter

Illustrious
CP I think it was you who said something like you've never seen a scum Vig before but I actually have believe it or not

Grammaton

Consigliere
Where tpein bus drove himself but you guys roleblocked him

ah ok

it’s a tough one cause I experimented with doing it the way you said in the yugioh game where the drive took priority, and it just created problems there too lol

I guess if it’s unblockable there’s both no counterplay and no risk which is generally a bad thing from a design pov

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Great distancing by Ratchet/Rugrat. The Alco role being scum is just nonsense, as well as the lynchproof SK.

Pretty annoyed that I apparently copped scum twice and got nothing to show for it, but oh well, it does in fact be like that at times! Would've been difficult to prevent an Ekko mislynch I think if I don't cop him n1 there and then tip my hand when it looked like the wind was blowing in his direction. Overall fairly happy with my reads and usage.
i dont think i was in threat of being lynched lol

i appreciate the cop check i guess but you have seen me play with 1500+ posts before as mafia or serial in WS lol. inactivity is never alignment indicative thing for me

idk why u made the assumption that inactive ekko = scum ekko

Poyser

And how are you supposed to deal with 2 bus drives in play in the same night, re: T-Pein's role?

What the fuck happens?
I asked him that, he gave me a fairly long winded answer but the gist was he gives priority to mafia bus driver > town bus driver > a gained bus drive shot

Grammaton

Consigliere
Why are you so against the lynchproof out of curiosity? It was only 1x lynchproof and was only a thing if he didn't kill the night before.

lynchproof is really, really bad

you’re punishing town for doing what they’re supposed to do

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
i dont think i was in threat of being lynched lol

i appreciate the cop check i guess but you have seen me play with 1500+ posts before as mafia or serial in WS lol. inactivity is never alignment indicative thing for me

idk why u made the assumption that inactive ekko = scum ekko
I didn't make that assumption at all. I didn't cop you because I suspected you. I copped you to prevent a phase+ being wasted on you.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
i think 1x lynch proof is alright i guess. idk about it being given when there r 2 serials tho

but town no lynching 3 times is just next level:hestonpls

RDK

Marvelous

What the fuck happens?
Yes I wouldn't put a bus driver and an absorber in a game again.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Like lynch/deathproof scum is smark style mark booking

‘this character is REALLY strong so he needs to be tough to take down, tougher than usual’

Poyser

ah ok

it’s a tough one cause I experimented with doing it the way you said in the yugioh game where the drive took priority, and it just created problems there too lol

I guess if it’s unblockable there’s both no counterplay and no risk which is generally a bad thing from a design pov
Yeah there’s no overwhelming consensus, I just feel like the entire point of the role is to be able to get around things like roleblocks. Ofc considering that, they should always be limited

Rugrat

Caldust

Imposter

Illustrious
I asked him that, he gave me a fairly long winded answer but the gist was he gives priority to mafia bus driver > town bus driver > a gained bus drive shot
Wasn't there two town busdrives in play at one point in this game though. I guess you'd resolve the one that came first or something? idk action resolution is confusing especially when so many use different rules

NVM that'd come under gained busdrive shot I'm being stupid

Grammaton

Consigliere
Fwiw the governor role is also aids as fuck for that reason

kills your game dead cause you’ve now got a deflated night phase, a formality town phase and then another night phase before the contest actually resumes

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
The way I've done it with bus driver is 1) bus driver is blockable 2) his targets only get blocked based on the swap. I've never put roleblocker on the same level as a Hider/Commute where it absolutely triggers first no matter what. I'm fine with it being done either way but it's probably worth putting it in the OP to avoid having to guess.

Ultra

THE BEAR

I personally feel Lynchproof scum under almost any circumstance I feel should be out of the scope of what's considered a "ranked" game, even with caviets, and especially with the numbers being what they were. It's one thing in role madness game where many many tools exists besides the lynch but the good old noose should always reign supreme in the true spirit of the game.

Chat invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back