• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked EastEnders Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

No, role block generally takes precedence. I told Odo the order in fact https://www.wrestlingforum.com/threads/mafia-general-discussion.790146/page-164#post-73779234
Ok fair, but I’ve seen more people resolve it the way i said rather than that in my time playing here I’m pretty sure. I know I always have anyway

There’s obviously not a “right” answer, it’s just my opinion that being able to block a bus driver from driving himself doesn’t make a whole lot of sense

Poyser

Fwiw the governor role is also aids as fuck for that reason

kills your game dead cause you’ve now got a deflated night phase, a formality town phase and then another night phase before the contest actually resumes
Yea I regretted that governor shot in my game a lot. You could just feel it kill the game

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Fwiw the governor role is also aids as fuck for that reason

kills your game dead cause you’ve now got a deflated night phase, a formality town phase and then another night phase before the contest actually resumes
Governor should have to move the lynch to someone else IMO

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
And how are you supposed to deal with 2 bus drives in play in the same night, re: T-Pein's role?

If Poyser bus drives player A and player B
and T-Pein bus drives player B and player C

What the fuck happens?
the end result will be bus drive A with C

B will be crossed out. it's the easiest way to save a paradox like this. the bus drives on B will go to A and C respectively making both of them bus drive A and C

alternatively, resolve them by whoever sent the action first, but this isnt that fair so

Grammaton

Consigliere
Anyway yeah, some town players played really well and had good reads etc, think a sweep was harsh but it’s a team game ultimately

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
the end result will be bus drive A with C

B will be crossed out. it's the easiest way to save a paradox like this. the bus drives on B will go to A and C respectively making both of them bus drive A and C

alternatively, resolve them by whoever sent the action first, but this isnt that fair so
Yeahhh I'd just rather not have a situation where 2 bus drives could ever be used in the same night than force people to have to guess that lol

Grammaton

Consigliere
Governor should have to move the lynch to someone else IMO

in some ways that’s worse tho - the only gov variant I’d accept would be a stay of execution where they survive one extra day, and town is aware that’s the case, it’s just a horrible role and I have 2019 ptsd where it appeared constantly

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
in some ways that’s worse tho - the only gov variant I’d accept would be a stay of execution where they survive one extra day, and town is aware that’s the case, it’s just a horrible role and I have 2019 ptsd where it appeared constantly
I don't think it's worse. At least you still get a flip. Also think it should only be a town role though.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
in plurality games we sometimes make it such that lynch moves from main wagon to second instead of outright failing

Rugrat

Caldust
Ok fair, but I’ve seen more people resolve it the way i said rather than that in my time playing here I’m pretty sure. I know I always have anyway

There’s obviously not a “right” answer, it’s just my opinion that being able to block a bus driver from driving himself doesn’t make a whole lot of sense
I’d have it host discretion but ensure they have their Natural Action Resolution in OP

Emil

V.I.P. Member
ive also seen an alternate version where if a player has lynch proof, their role is turned out into a voteless vanilla if they ever survive a lynch

they basically live but they become voteless vanilla/goon afterward. they can carry factional kills but they wont have voting power. this at least ensures the vote for removing that player is accounted for even if he survived lynch

RDK

Marvelous
We should perhaps just have a standard role resolution posted here in the rules or something and if you want to deviate from that make it so you need to include your variant in your OP

Or keep it strict and say for Ranked games use house role resolution always and have that posted

Rugrat

Caldust
This was the most common WF role resolution:

Hide/Commute
Block
Bus Drive/Redirect
Copy
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect

Poyser

We should perhaps just have a standard role resolution posted here in the rules or something and if you want to deviate from that make it so you need to include your variant in your OP

Or keep it strict and say for Ranked games use house role resolution always and have that posted
I def wouldn’t wanna force everyone to use the same. But I do think posting a standard and using the caveat that if you want to alter it in any way then you need to put it in the OP is probably a good way to go about it

I could probably do with making a couple threads on stuff like that, and house rules when it comes to etiquette etc

Emil

V.I.P. Member

agree
i use this

Action Processing Order - this is used to resolve 2 actions directly in a conflict. If there is no conflict all actions will apply at the same time normally.
1. passives (ex: bulletproofs), immunities (ex: immune to cops, immune to roleblocks)
2. controls (ex: mafia has a player's full role previously and now takes control over it this night)
3. activated passives (ex: activate a bulletproof on yourself; grant yourself investigation immunity; self commute)
4. self redirects (ex: redirecting abilities from yourself to another player), self busdrives (ex: busdriving yourself with another player)
*5. roleblocks, rolecrushes, disables, vote silence, permanent amputations, ability destructions, preventative abilities (ex: targeting a player with a roleblock)
*6. normal redirects (ex: redirecting a player's actions elsehwere), normal busdrives (ex: busdriving 2 players), blinds (ex: redirecting a player's actions at random)
7. protects, heals, refills, supportive abilities (ex: refilling or protecting a player)
8. special / non categorized abilities (ex: send a player a message, sending a player a deal/special ability, gifting a vig shot or armor)
9. kills, bleeds, poisons (ex: factional kill or vig kill)
10. converts (ex: change the alignment of a player. for sake of avoiding unfortunate deaths right as you change alignment, this is processed after deaths, however before cops)
11. cops, trackers, watchers, investigative abilities

* if player X bus drives A and B together, and player Y roleblocks A, the roleblock will go to B. However if player Y roleblocks X directly, it will cancel the busdrive altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back