• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked Archived Fairy Tail Mafia - The Dawn of Fiore [Main Game Thread] (Game Ended - Zeref Dragneel and Acnologia have won the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAT

Preeminent
Sure tat but the risk I'm not found out is relatively high. You're acting like that risk is inconsequential. You're more likely to feel that way if you're one of the scum alignments and know you can just shoot me at some point.

Basically you're hedging when you shouldn't be and it doesn't really track logically.

I don't know what you mean by this post

Fluff can indicate comfortable in a game state as even if it it might make you look bad you're more worried about having fun than working long term to protect yourself or look good

Always or no?

Magic

Resplendent
Word vomit posts... I feel like town Ratchet trues to make his points a bit more concise and comprehensible... as scum he tends to dig into overall more irrelevant details.
So basically fluffing it up to make it seem like more work and effort is being put in largely to his own benefit/to make himself look better.

John Wayne

Illustrious
So basically fluffing it up to make it seem like more work and effort is being put in largely to his own benefit/to make himself look better.

Less "fluff" and more like cranked up information density to distract you from what's going on.

Magic

Resplendent
I don't know what you mean by this post

Always or no?
I mean the lack of concern in me potentially being scum is that you are apart of a team with a faction kill that can then remove me. I.e. me being potentially scum isn't concerning as there's a way out for your team that still works in your teams benefit.

As town and without that potential you'd have a far greater concern if I was scum because I could hurt towns chance. If you're also scum that only helps you too while having a way to remove me.

And no not always, it depends on the person!

Magic

Resplendent
[vote tat]

ill erite a better case when on a computer but I'm happy with this.

Follow me everyone!

TAT

Preeminent
I mean the lack of concern in me potentially being scum is that you are apart of a team with a faction kill that can then remove me. I.e. me being potentially scum isn't concerning as there's a way out for your team that still works in your teams benefit.

As town and without that potential you'd have a far greater concern if I was scum because I could hurt towns chance. If you're also scum that only helps you too while having a way to remove me.

And no not always, it depends on the person!

Based off your first post to get things going, no as Town I'm not worried because I agree with the direction

Your later posts however look far more agenda driven!

John Wayne

Illustrious
Home would be aware of what others have said - that you're a good player. As Scum, I would expect her to avoid challenging/questioning players she knows are pretty strong (she also questioned one of my posts, which is where this read comes from). She would be far more inclined to sit on the sidelines and not get involved anywhere, her approach so far strikes me as wanting to get stuck into solving. There is a large degree of meta at play here, so I don't expect you to fully understand it, but that's just how it is.

Discussing your own scum style

That will do - today (as in the day phase) I'd like you to commit you to some form of read on me, and your opinion on the main wagons (currently just TSworder).

Asking someone to comit to a read on you is pretty weird.

I don't really want to keep you from what you need to do, so feel free to get back to this later - but where does the Finger of Suspicion even come from here? Objectively, and I'm not one to brag (much), but I think I've been driving the game more than most players in the thread - case in point being that a wagon I started is the only one that has gained any traction (I would say Magic has also been pretty productive). This is, inherently, a pro-town trait. It's one I believe I can fake as scum, to be sure, but that only excuses not town reading me off the back of it. Better yet, if Sworder happens to be scum, I've either bussed the hell out of him, or I'm scum on the other team, or... I'm just town. The first one, given that it's multiball, can probably be dismissed at this stage.

It's not solely you, I would have the same issue with anyone framing my play so far as "lean scum". Especially given that you appear to agree with my direction? I can certainly chalk it up to paranoia, but logically-speaking I don't think it's sound at all.

Lol this post. This looks kinda performative in how you're spending this much effort on an aside.

I'm going to disregard the tone argument until you bring up something explaining why - I simply have nothing to defend with.

A bit arrogant no?

I'd have appreciated this more if it came before it was pointed out that your response towards me was very wary. I can't say that I like that your argument mostly attempts to discredit future investigation results on me rather than actually explaining why I'm scum, or that you seem to be holding people sheeping me against me, when obviously the sheeping is far easier to pull off as scum than leading mislynches.

These points are true, except the final one assumes we're dealing with multiple inexperienced scum.

Well I was explaining why *I'm* disregarding it - personally I don't think anything I've said comes off as scummy in terms of the way I say it, but of course I would say this anyway. However, he should still be able to establish that tone tell (whether it be through posts or a general pattern) hence my position.

For the record, I think tone is a poor way to read me too - I personally believe my ability to fake tone is the strongest aspect of my scum game. I have no qualms with my read accuracy, but it's far too early in the game to make that argument.

Why is Town Ratchet this invested in painting his scum self as being perfect at imitating his town self hmmmm

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Going to jump on this wagon, though, I will say as an input. My personal impression of Tsworder from NF is that he usually is not the most active.
I don't really recall any details of his playstyle

Though, that being said, I'll try to leave my biases be.

I generally agree with this statement. Tsworder doesn't really seem to be that worried

[Vote Lynch Tsworder]
Could just be me but I don't see that compelling a reason to vote Sworder from you here

The X

Marvelous
Do you have any hits bpd?
Do I have any hits? Nothing that I'd be willing to stake my life for. I'll admit my reading has been slightly glossy of this game, but with this game being multiball, I think things won't be as straightforward since wolves are hunting wolves.

Ratchet

Discussing your own scum style
No, I was discussing Hime's. A brief glance over the context, which you must have seen to go back and find this post, would have told you this.
Asking someone to comit to a read on you is pretty weird.
Well, it's not without reason. Prof is a playr who, historically, has a difficult time reading me. I wanted to get him to commit to one way or the other because that is a good way for me to see his thought process.
Lol this post. This looks kinda performative in how you're spending this much effort on an aside.
Performative how, exactly? I elaborated on the FoS part later, and given that this was the crux of my discussion with Prof, you don't really get to dismiss it as an aside here.
A bit arrogant no?
Are you just using words without regard for their actual meaning? Not arrogant, no, the expectaton was that if he were compelled by it he would do what you have, here. Attempt to establish the argument.
These points are true, except the final one assumes we're dealing with multiple inexperienced scum.
It doesn't assume anything - it is factual that scum would have an easier time sheeping reads than they would leading lynches. Given that TSworder's argument was very general in regards to his wagon, I wanted to see what his reasoning was as to why he didn't seem interested in most of the people sheeping it.
Why is Town Ratchet this invested in painting his scum self as being perfect at imitating his town self hmmmm
This isn't what I'm doing at all though - I was responding to Magic who was telling me that Tone was a fair read of players who can reason their way through the game as Scum, there is really not much investment on my part at all.

Magic

Resplendent
Do I have any hits? Nothing that I'd be willing to stake my life for. I'll admit my reading has been slightly glossy of this game, but with this game being multiball, I think things won't be as straightforward since wolves are hunting wolves.
Wonderful, are you opposed to voting tat? If not you should join the wagon.

The X

Marvelous
ok 4 hours left
also there are two game threads? im just gonna be low active in the main one, or try to be active in the other one.
its bedtime for me, so ill try to scroll through all the 27 pages (Urk)
anyway, flower says sword is town. Flower seems reasonable and trustworthy so [unvote Lynch sworder]

brb
This guy is wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back