• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked Archived Fairy Tail Mafia - The Dawn of Fiore [Main Game Thread] (Game Ended - Zeref Dragneel and Acnologia have won the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The X

Marvelous
The fucking face when Magic and Hayumi are arguing over Kobe's vote on Ultra when Ultra ain't in the game.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Magic

Resplendent
Sure, but I'm not sure why you wouldn't just let it play out beforehand - we can assume safely enough that any motivation behind his random vote would, more likely than not, be based on external factors rather than anything in game (even if he's scum, the reasoning behind his vote would more or less be the same as there isn't really any "distancing" going on in RVS. While it certainly appears to be more productive than, say, "I'm excited", it doesn't actually mean anything for this game.

And all of this is to say, of course, that there are plenty of ways to interact with the thread that aren't either questioning the reasoning behind random votes (that we know aren't going to be motivated by any in-game behaviour, as there was none) or saying hi/that they're excited.

Now to circle back to what I said about Sworder, yes it's all easy, but there are still posts that drive the game forward. Sworder so far has made no attempt at engaging with the game itself - preferring to talk about someone posting in another thread and the flavour. I suppose you can take exception with the word I used, but I think the point I'm making is plain - he is here, posting, and yet not actually doing anything. So I felt it worthy of note.
Sure thing.
We'll see.

why let it play out when i can interject instead! what could be a nothing thing might become a something and i get to be involved! youre right, any motivation would be external, as i said to the other user(whose name i forget, im sorry), but i can still learn things from that external motivation about the player themselves and their personality.

and note taken in regards to sworder. so what are your thoughts on poison and hayumi?

The X

Marvelous
Now, here's some food for thought with Ultra not being in this game.

Kobe voted for Ultra. Why?
Magic questioned Kobe for his vote. How come?
Hayumi knows who Ultra is. Why is she raising her voice over this?

Maybe nothing. Maybe something. Just kind of pings me in a way that a vote on a player not in this game somehow got the wheels turning like this.

Ratchet

why let it play out when i can interject instead! what could be a nothing thing might become a something and i get to be involved! youre right, any motivation would be external, as i said to the other user(whose name i forget, im sorry), but i can still learn things from that external motivation about the player themselves and their personality.

and note taken in regards to sworder. so what are your thoughts on poison and hayumi?
I suppose if you're establishing some sort of baseline, I can see the need to get their reasoning down.

I've played quite a few games in the past with Poison, and historically she was a pretty easy read. From memory, whenever she comes across as stilted and calculated she's usually scum, also had some games where she was less active as scum too (though that's not a particularly reliable tell). I haven't seen enough to make much of a read on her so far, but if I had to guess, lean town for the levity.

Hayumi I don't actually have that much recent experience playing with because the only game they've played in a while has been one I'm hosting - null so far, if I had to nitpick their posts towards you could be parroting, immediately following up with expressing surprise that I'm in the game (which, given I made the argument initially, would imply they wasn't aware of it) comes across as a little phoney.

Magic

Resplendent
Are you into meta? Who are the other four players you know?
yes i love meta. it's nice and constricting as players often feel they can break out of it and then fall into their own pitfalls. And more often than not those pitfalls are town tells! makes the game nice and easy to clear, unfortunately i cant rely on that so instead ill just scumhunt without it.

tat, rdk, tpein, and tweet if that is tweet.

Hayumi

Illustrious
Now, here's some food for thought with Ultra not being in this game.

Kobe voted for Ultra. Why?
Magic questioned Kobe for his vote. How come?
Hayumi knows who Ultra is. Why is she raising her voice over this?

Maybe nothing. Maybe something. Just kind of pings me in a way that a vote on a player not in this game somehow got the wheels turning like this.
I didn’t read the whole player list, I just assumed he was in the game because I saw a vote on him off rip and Magic was questioning the vote, so I wanted some sort of explanation as to what exactly he was expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back