• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
>When your opponents summons 9 negates
>When your opponent activates mystic mine

On the topic of Yugioh, I’m really loving the Labrynth theme we just got with Tactical Masters

Py6QWw2.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I just never understood why they didn’t go with some kind of fighting game for Asura’s Wrath.

There were enough characters for a decent roster and it was made by CyberConnect2, whose only made dozens of cinematic Naruto fighting games before.

Hell, the QTEs in Asura’s Wrath were taken straight out of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I just never understood why they didn’t go with some kind of fighting game for Asura’s Wrath.

There were enough characters for a decent roster and it was made by CyberConnect2, whose only made dozens of cinematic Naruto fighting games before.

Hell, the QTEs in Asura’s Wrath were taken straight out of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series

Apparently they wrote out the story (cutscenes included) and then added the gameplay to that.

Meaning they literally built the game around matching the scenes. :skully

Obviously it needed a lot more work (something more to the effect of DMC or even Kingdom Hearts) but they wanted it to be a full blown spectacle fighter from the outset

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Apparently they wrote out the story (cutscenes included) and then added the gameplay to that.

Meaning they literally built the game around matching the scenes. :skully

Obviously it needed a lot more work (something more to the effect of DMC or even Kingdom Hearts) but they wanted it to be a full blown spectacle fighter from the outset
Something like Kingdom Hearts II could have worked too.

Game is nearly 2 decades old and the combat still is loads of fun and you had QTEs like these

DarkCoarseGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Something like Kingdom Hearts II could have worked too.

Game is nearly 2 decades old and the combat still is loads of fun and you had QTEs like these

DarkCoarseGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

KH 2 was peak hack and slash, and I say that as someone who loves KH 3 combat. 2 is the only game where I hit the level cap on accident because I was just having too much fun clowning on people with its combat system. :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
KH 2 was peak hack and slash, and I say that as someone who loves KH 3 combat. 2 is the only game where I hit the level cap on accident because I was just having too much fun clowning on people with its combat system. :skully
I enjoyed KH 2 more than 3.

I’m also really fond of the first game. Yeah it’s obviously dated and the combat nowhere near as flashy, but I loved how the slower combat made for a bit more strategy like cycling through what spells worked best against enemies over just button mashing your way through everything and casting the occasional Reflect in II.

Also one of my first ever PS2 games I ever played and was the Kingdom Hearts with all my favorite Disney movies in it

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

hell they even gave his ass a whole fighting game moveset in one of the DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back