• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It literally is the whole point. Komamura's character was always tied to Tousen's, and he was finally able to understand him in the end. Just in an atypical way.

Some people just don't like it and confuse their preferences for objective writing quality. Like everything needs a happy ending, when this has never been what Bleach is about.
Yes of course people ONLY dislike the Discount Tosen thing because it's not a happy ending, 'cause it can't possibly be because it was badly written right? :smh

Let's just ignore the fact that Yoshino Soma, Ichinose Maki, Ashido kano, Shusuke Amagai and Muramasa are all among my favorite characters and not fucking one of them has a happy ending.

Almost like it has less to do with weather it was a happy ending or not and more to do with how little sense it made and how badly written it was.

0/10 Episode coming next week (presumably) and the most I can hope for is that they speed through it as quickly as possible. :tiredpepe

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Latest Black Clover

Asta doesn’t even need to use his swords to negate magic. Dude just straight up walks through whatever magic hits him to negate it on contact before one-shotting the scales dude.

Damn son

:hestonpls
Literally just walking Anti-Magic at this point

:hestonpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That’s precisely the point of Komamura’s late development in the arc. Adamant just had a phenomenally inspiring shit take about this whole thing because he somehow thinks that Komamura’s entire character isn’t intrinsically tied with Tousen’s
Yeah it's almost like there are clear aspects of Sajin's character that have nothing to do with Tosen, like his beast clan heritage and his struggle for acceptance among the Soul Reapers, and his desire to see his clan come out of hiding.

In fact funny enough, given that he's supposed to be festering in thoughts of revenge at that time, it's THIS aspect of his character that is given center stage in the last scene we see him in post-1st invasion and pre-character assassination. No desire for revenge is even implied in that scene.

That's a lot of non-Tosen stuff going on for a character who is supposedly "intrinsically tied" with Tosen. :mjpls
and deludes himself into thinking this wasn’t the most natural path he could go after the man he idolized was murdered.
His actually fought against his best friend after he suffered his betrayal AND saw him die in front of him.

Didn't see his personality do a complete 180 degree shift then, but the death of a guy he owed a debt to but otherwise didn't really know personally is going to do it. :smh
This is Kubo. He loves to drown half his secondary cast in tragedy.
Which is all well and good if you actually write it well.

This wasn't well written.
But half this section only thinks a characters appeal lies on how many shonen gold medals they have.
:whatisthis
Not liking Tousen based on a quantifiable metric of success is fucking farcical.
Saying that Tosen doesn't work as a threatening antagonist because he consistently loses to nothing other than his own stupidity, is somehow fucking farcical. Because characters losing due to their own stupidity somehow isn't a factor of character writing.

Never mind the fact that I also brought up his willingness to help a sociopath with a god complex, who'd be just as bad if not worse than the people he wanted to replace and his willingness to kill people who have nothing to do with his friend's death as reasons he loses any and all sympathy or relatability.

They can't even be fucking honest about what I actually said but they want to have a go at me about having "shit takes". :breh

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of, it’d be amazing if the way Omni-Man killed Homelander ends up being one of his fatalities.

Dude doesn’t need it with all the other insanely brutal ways he’s killed people in canon but it’d be awesome either way

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
@Xhominid The Apex LA Knight apparently lost the qualifying match. They gave it to Rey Mysterio, just for the mid LWO shit, LMAO.

Niggas out here saying his push is coming after SummerSlam now. What is this, the third time his 'push' evaporated into the wind? Looks like Vince and HHH don't what LA truly succeeding. :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
39R2snW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back