• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
GG-OOaLWoAA28kM

Bro really told Thor not to skip leg day :kobeha

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Okay let's see here, MK1 is better because:
  • Tekken is really hard to learn for newcomers and you need to learn the frame data if you're fighting anyone remotely experienced.
That's...every half-decent fighting game ever made. An experienced player is going to take a shit on you if you don't know what you're doing, that's why Tekken 8 has a ton of options to help players learn what they're doing. You're complaining that it's not as dumbed down as MK1 and all I can say is "time to get good scrub". :maybe
  • Tekken cast is uninteresting because most of them are JUST martial artists, whereas all the Mortal Kombat characters are supernatural in some way.
You're complaining about characters in a FIGHTING game, being martial artists? :breh
  • If you want a story mode that's LONGER and focuses on more than two characters then Mortal Kombat's is obviously better.
MK1's story drags out FAR longer than it needs to and frankly, Tekken 8 managed to do more with its non-main characters and MK1 did so no. Also complaining about Tekken 8 being "cliche" as is MK1 WASN'T? :kobeha
  • Tekken Ball is just silly and isn't the mode people want to say, what about Tekken Force as a mode?
BULL...FUCKING...SHIT!
People have been asking for Tekken ball to be back in these games for years, to the point the reveal of its inclusion alone generated a lot of hype for this game. Not to say people don't want Tekken Force but sitting there and trying to act like no one wanted Tekken Ball is just stupid.
  • After a week you're only going to have the online and the game itself and don't expect any new content anytime soon.
You mean just like MK1 except it actually works.
Also an MK fan isn't in any position to bitch about a lack of new content. :heston
  • Tekken 8 endings are shit because they're just jokes and not even canon anyway.
As opposed to Neatherealm MK endings which are almost ALWAYS non-canon, are just a bunch of still images and don't even have the decency to be entertaining to compensate?
  • Not gonna kill Mortal Kombat 1, MK1 players wouldn't like it, it's more likely to take players from Street Fighter 6 'cause they're both Japanese fighting games.
By GOD did that video not age well and no, Street Fighter fans actually have a good game to play so they have no reason to jump ship like MK fans do. :maybe

Okay let's see here, MK1 is better because:
  • Tekken is really hard to learn for newcomers and you need to learn the frame data if you're fighting anyone remotely experienced.
That's...every half-decent fighting game ever made. An experienced player is going to take a shit on you if you don't know what you're doing, that's why Tekken 8 has a ton of options to help players learn what they're doing. You're complaining that it's not as dumbed down as MK1 and all I can say is "time to get good scrub". :maybe
  • Tekken cast is uninteresting because most of them are JUST martial artists, whereas all the Mortal Kombat characters are supernatural in some way.
You're complaining about characters in a FIGHTING game, being martial artists? :breh
  • If you want a story mode that's LONGER and focuses on more than two characters then Mortal Kombat's is obviously better.
MK1's story drags out FAR longer than it needs to and frankly, Tekken 8 managed to do more with its non-main characters and MK1 did so no. Also complaining about Tekken 8 being "cliche" as is MK1 WASN'T? :kobeha
  • Tekken Ball is just silly and isn't the mode people want to say, what about Tekken Force as a mode?
BULL...FUCKING...SHIT!
People have been asking for Tekken ball to be back in these games for years, to the point the reveal of its inclusion alone generated a lot of hype for this game. Not to say people don't want Tekken Force but sitting there and trying to act like no one wanted Tekken Ball is just stupid.
  • After a week you're only going to have the online and the game itself and don't expect any new content anytime soon.
You mean just like MK1 except it actually works.
Also an MK fan isn't in any position to bitch about a lack of new content. :heston
  • Tekken 8 endings are shit because they're just jokes and not even canon anyway.
As opposed to Neatherealm MK endings which are almost ALWAYS non-canon, are just a bunch of still images and don't even have the decency to be entertaining to compensate?
  • Not gonna kill Mortal Kombat 1, MK1 players wouldn't like it, it's more likely to take players from Street Fighter 6 'cause they're both Japanese fighting games.
By GOD did that video not age well and no, Street Fighter fans actually have a good game to play so they have no reason to jump ship like MK fans do. :maybe

It's funny because MK1 is massively losing players for the major issues it has and people rightfully shat on how boring Peacemaker is despite it being modeled after the bombastic John Cena interpretation of the character.

Not to mention MK1's endings are even more trash than MK11's which speaks volumes.

It really is sad when Azula's first true appearance in Avatar was her relishing the fact that Zuko got his face burned by their father and then her entire entrance into the story in earnest is literally showing how smart, resourceful and opportunistic she is in that she ultimately takes full and complete control of Ba Sing Se from the current Administration like it was childs' play.

Azula didn't need to prove that "Girls can be good as boys", she already WAS.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It really is sad when Azula's first true appearance in Avatar was her relishing the fact that Zuko got his face burned by their father and then her entire entrance into the story in earnest is literally showing how smart, resourceful and opportunistic she is in that she ultimately takes full and complete control of Ba Sing Se from the current Administration like it was childs' play.

Azula didn't need to prove that "Girls can be good as boys", she already WAS.
And of course they have to have her be super worried about her disgraced and banished brother as if he's even a remote threat to her, because "girls being held back and shit". :kobeha

Especially funny because one of the few episodes I've ever seen of Avatar (it just happened to be on TV) DID have a storyline like this, but it was about Katara and the water benders refusing to teach her shit because she was a girl. So you don't need to add this stuff in, it's already there and likely handled much better than this LA version is going to. :mjpls

And of course they have to have her be super worried about her disgraced and banished brother as if he's even a remote to her, because "girls being held back and shit". :kobeha

Wow, they completely and utterly annihilated Azula's character then... that or they explicitly came into this not even caring about the characters as a whole.

Azula gave a fuck about no one but her getting some recognition from her father. She hates her mom, she doesn't even treat Zuko as a person(and even as a child she traumatized Zuko so much he explicitly goes on mantras of "Azula always lies") on the best of days and even Mai and Ty Lee aren't even friends but just pawns she has who both are terrified of defying her till they finally had enough of her shit.
...They really do want to make AZULA the good person in the Fire Kingdom when Iroh, Mai and Ty Lee are there huh?(Among the many other Fire Kingdom sympathizers)

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Wow, they completely and utterly annihilated Azula's character then... that or they explicitly came into this not even caring about the characters as a whole.
In fairness I meant in regards to him somehow "taking what is rightfully hers" or some shit and that was the only clip I saw. She thinks him being able to see the world will give him hope or something.

I didn't mean to imply that it seemed like she cared about him as a person or anything.
Azula gave a fuck about no one but her getting some recognition from her father. She hates her mom, she doesn't even treat Zuko as a person(and even as a child she traumatized Zuko so much he explicitly goes on mantras of "Azula always lies") on the best of days and even Mai and Ty Lee aren't even friends but just pawns she has who both are terrified of defying her till they finally had enough of her shit.
...They really do want to make AZULA the good person in the Fire Kingdom when Iroh, Mai and Ty Lee are there huh?(Among the many other Fire Kingdom sympathizers)
Yeah that's the impression I have from what I've heard of the character and there's no real reason to change it other than "girls are not allowed to be straight up villains" which definitely seems to be part of the woke trend nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back