• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

El Hermano

Acclaimed
You can't calc it because Sanji's no where in those panels.

All we know, the laser was fired. The robot was about to be hit. Sanji was no hwere in sight. Next thing you know, the laser hits, the Sanji reappears with the robot without a scrath.

So Sanji had to move at an unknown place grab the robot, and move to the other side of the building, faster than the light chould hit the spot. :lmao
Can't we just assume a lowball of him being right out of frame?

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
He was simply giving an example of a similar method of transfering information. Hence, he said "It's like..." rather than outright state Kuma delivers these signals via radio waves.
But that's what i'm saying :hm
He's grabbing signals/waves and sending them somewhere else, and Vega compares this to how radio waves work

Obviously it's not literally manipulating radio waves because Kuma's not an antenna, but he's still saying it works like radio waves, so there's not much difference, hence the statement of his paws being LS now making sense.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
But that's what i'm saying :hm
He's grabbing nervous signals/waves and sending them somewhere else, and Vega compares this to how radio waves work

Obviously it's not literally manipulating radio waves because Kuma's not an antenna, but he's still saying it works like radio waves, so there's not much difference, hence the statement of his paws being LS now making sense.
Yeah, but that was just an example given by VP because both methods transfer information in a wireless manner, doesn't mean Kuma's ability is as fast even if he at one point claimed to repel air at the speed of light years ago, something that iirc he's done only that one time so far. VP doesn't even fully understand how Kuma's ability works.

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
Yeah, but that was just an example given by VP because both methods transfer information in a wireless manner, doesn't mean Kuma's ability is as fast
It woulnd't in isolation yes, but Kuma's previous statement + his feats in Sabaody further supports it being that fast

Also the "information" in question are literally nervous signals, hence the comparison.
VP doesn't even fully understand how Kuma's ability works.
Eeeeh idk about that

Can't we just assume a lowball of him being right out of frame?
Was about to say this, even with a lowball like this it would probably still come out FTL

El Hermano

Acclaimed
It woulnd't in isolation yes, but Kuma's previous statement + his feats in Sabaody further supports it being that fast

Also the "information" in question are literally nervous signals, hence the comparison.
Nervous signals are much slower than light. What did he do in Sabaody to support it? He was super fast, but nothing that would give us a reason to scale him to the speed of light. His statement of repelling air is irrelevant.

Those are two different scenarios with a different context. You could try and argue his statement back then was true, but VP's example does nothing to actually support it. It was simply an example for a wireless method for information delivery. That's it. The context of which it was said in is pretty clear.

Eeeeh idk about that
The VP who made that statement was still in the process of researching Kuma. That being said, it's irrelevant.

Was about to say this, even with a lowball like this it would probably still come out FTL
Amen. If there's an option to go for the lowest of balls then why not? Beats outright ignoring it.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah it's obviously low FTL. Sanji had to run there, grab, than move after the laser was already shot. So at the bare minimun 3 actions while the laser was going at him.

Sanji's feats for speed are just insane.

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
What did he do in Sabaody to support it? He was super fast, but nothing that would give us a reason to scale him to the speed of light. Those are two different scenarios with a different context. You could try and argue his statement back then was true, but VP's example does nothing to actually support it. It was simply an example for a wireless method for information delivery
Didn't he intercept Kizaru and Rayleigh at one point? :hm

Eeeh idk about that. "This works like how radios work, just not in that specific way"
Nervous signals are much slower than light.
I was under the impression those were no different from radio signals

Last edited:

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Didn't he intercept Kizaru and Rayleigh at one point? :hm I was under the impression those were no different from radio signals

Nope, I used nerve impulses to get a speed for Goki fight Yusuke’s Reigan for a reference. Textbook I found have most comfortably subsonic.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kizaru and Rayleigh were fighting at one point, and Kuma teleported next to them, but he didn't like blitz them or anything.

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
That's still pretty impressive tbh, reminds me of that scene of Robin TPing between Luffy and Jinbe.

Btw switching the conversation, what do we scale the mid tiers and low tiers to? My memory on the earlier Pre-TS arcs is fuzzy

Last edited:
That's still pretty impressive tbh, reminds me of that scene of Robin TPing between Luffy and Jinbe.

Btw switching the conversation, what do we scale the mid tiers and low tiers to? My memory on the earlier Pre-TS arcs is fuzzy
East Blue is around small town level, then Alabasta/skypiea is like city level and it stays like that until thriller bark, if we use gecko moria's high end it's island level.

@GoldenHeart Since you haven't been here in a while, you can go look at all of em in this thread.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
@GoldenHeart Since you haven't been here in a while, you can go look at all of em in this thread.
Or, just click my signature link here, because all those calcs are here, but with hyperlinks and images not deleted by the brain dead bot of a paranoid moron

Great Potato

Preeminent
Sanji is unironically the fastest person in the HST.

It should be a big arc for speed feats that's for sure, Yellow Monkey is off shore and I don't imagine he'd take kindly to being booted off his throne. Going to be one hell of a title defense for Sanji if they cross paths.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Didn't he intercept Kizaru and Rayleigh at one point? :hm
Yeah but nothing to nothing to indicate LS.
Eeeh idk about that. "This works like how radios work, just not in that specific way"
Again, he just used radio waves as an example. Doesn't mean they're the same.

I was under the impression those were no different from radio signals
Far slower. Nerve impulses are electrochemical, radio waves are electromagnetic.

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
East Blue is around small town level, then Alabasta/skypiea is like city level and it stays like that until thriller bark, if we use gecko moria's high end it's island level.
I see

What else was being discussed for their stats, beyond the raigou thing?

I see

What else was being discussed for their stats, beyond the raigou thing?
There's an ongoing discussion about how the VA continental feat gets distributed within high tiers. Mainly because of how much of a drastic difference from City level mid tiers jumps to continental high tiers.

If there is a way to get the raigou feat for mid tiers at somewhat a decent level, say for example they get high island level or something that pill will be easier to swallow I guess?

Back