Ranked One Piece Wano Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Personally, i do not think there was one single MPV this game, i would award Honorable Mentions to 3 players who were active in the thread and steering game in right direction for town:

@Hans Tweetenberg @Ratchet @Ultra

@CraigPelton i was considering you based on threadplay, but you were forgetting about having stuff to do from the role which might have cost you the game (that role cop would help you identify the watcher) and could have also advised GB to claim VT as you complained about it later- scum play is about teamwork as well.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
You also gave Luffy/Zoro both the capacity to bypass.

Thing is even if you balance killing roles with equivalent amounts of bulletproofs sometimes you end up with a shooting gallery and the game's pace is dictated around kills and kills failing more than the lynches, which is kind of what happened here. We had access to scum spew right off the bat. Game should mostly revolve around days.

Even if it's properly balanced, makes things more interesting that the focus is more around day time tug of war than actions.

I see, in retrospect it might have been more clear to remove superkills from town and make Jack role standard roleblocker.

And propably duel available from day 2 or 3 onwards especially since duelist was a Miller who was punished for claiming this passive.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
What I'm saying is it has the potential to be a bit silly if unchecked, I'm assuming you're referring to your role, but there's no hard rule that says you can't have dual actions, even in very hardball environments like Mafiascum and such it's allowed. Really dependent on how the roles are balanced. Multiple actions also carry inherent risk, circumstantially.

Yes, only 5 roles in this game had double actions possible during the night, 3 of which were mafia roles. I would not call this SRM, more like Role Madness on lighter side.

Grammaton

Consigliere
A word on this topic as well - if I’m going to check a game, my only real priority is to make sure there aren’t any outright unfair elements - the original feel of the game is something I want to preserve.

I will still make suggestions (and I made a lot here too) but more through the prism of ‘consider this’ - ultimately uniformity isn’t necessarily a good thing

Grammaton

Consigliere
Disgusting af Town play.

Imagine biting the hand which feeds you. This is the last time I Town sided as an Indie. I will stop playing nice.

You shouldn’t ‘town side’ as Indy anyway

You’re playing for yourself

If you want an alliance of convenience that’s one thing, but you should never expect clemency from players whose objectives don’t align with yours

Magic

Resplendent
Anybody like to give an appraisal of my game here? Legit question btw.
this might not be as appealing to you, but why not try a few games where you primarily try to find town reads and that be your primary focus then scumhunt as a secondary thing.

this isn't to be an insult, but if it was impressive you cleared ratchet it might be a legit method for you to play. it also might cut down on some of your fighting/bickering with others as it stems from how you scumhunt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back