• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked One Piece Wano Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
If you're going for non-SRM, which ranked is supposed to be, it shouldn't be allowed.

What I'm saying is it has the potential to be a bit silly if unchecked, I'm assuming you're referring to your role, but there's no hard rule that says you can't have dual actions, even in very hardball environments like Mafiascum and such it's allowed. Really dependent on how the roles are balanced. Multiple actions also carry inherent risk, circumstantially.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
What we typically do is one MVP and two HMs.

Set up was great! Enjoyed it. Minor nitpick about bodyguards in both mafia and town, but otherwise was fun.

Luffy seemed very stacked as well, extreme potential there if it wasn't attached to Whicker

And yeah next time maybe pull back on the kills a bit more. I actually think the Daykiller was a fluke because Flower hard town sided, but there was also Luffy and Zoro so possibly a bit much.

Hm....

I gave town some killing power because scum had iron GF, BG and some other tools. There was also Big Mom, that was hard to kill.

I also concentrated town power since there were a lot of vanillas which makes claiming more tricky.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
What I'm saying is it has the potential to be a bit silly if unchecked, I'm assuming you're referring to your role, but there's no hard rule that says you can't have dual actions, even in very hardball environments like Mafiascum and such it's allowed. Really dependent on how the roles are balanced. Multiple actions also carry inherent risk, circumstantially.
I'm talking about our conventions for what constitutes ranked. This game was SRM in my view, extremely swingy. I wouldn't have approved the setup as-is.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Also, I gave scum list of 9 characters to flavour claim safely, including 3 Strawhats and Law. Also some minor characters having in mind they would fit the VT claims.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Been out of the mafia loop for a while. Thought I had a good D1, but lost the plot a bit afterwards. Didn't expect scum to be willing to off the rest of their squad out of the gate, and clearly there's good reason for that because it made the game virtually unwinnable for them afterwards.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
going to chalk it up as town being too bored and suffering too much from success

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Also, I gave scum list of 9 characters to flavour claim safely, including 3 Strawhats and Law. Also some minor characters having in mind they would fit the VT claims.
king can claim law, busdriver. its a solid af claim. sux cp had no flavor knowledge

Magic

Resplendent
they played scummy.
you were not the only one sussing them nor were you convincing anyone else.

i did not play scummy at all.

you dumb fucks acknowledge my scum play is pro-sided when my scum play is based on my town play. i look for town and try to clear town.

you read me as scum for not wanting a duel. that isn't even alignment indicative, it's how i view(and ratchet) view the role should be utilized to avoid unnecessary risk.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Hm....

I gave town some killing power because scum had iron GF, BG and some other tools. There was also Big Mom, that was hard to kill.

I also concentrated town power since there were a lot of vanillas which makes claiming more tricky.

You also gave Luffy/Zoro both the capacity to bypass.

Thing is even if you balance killing roles with equivalent amounts of bulletproofs sometimes you end up with a shooting gallery and the game's pace is dictated around kills and kills failing more than the lynches, which is kind of what happened here. We had access to scum spew right off the bat. Game should mostly revolve around days.

Even if it's properly balanced, makes things more interesting that the focus is more around day time tug of war than actions.

Magic

Resplendent
I feel like we went through hell together this game lol

you had much better reads than me despite that. i had the game pretty close to solve by post 666 and then fell apart with the interactions. largely because it's hard to reconcile some of the shit that is spewed at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back