Game Ranked Skyrim Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
Overall satisfied with how this game turned out. It was one sided - but I wholeheartedly disagree that it was due to role influence as a deciding factor, the team that won deserved to win 100%.

Town's direction was entirely produced by threadplay and analysis - the only informational utility that ever got to see play was Ekko's role (An artifact thief that was used on Fuji). Cop never even got off a shot. In fact most roles didn't even get the chance to influence the game, besides the killing roles and the duels, and most of them were placed correctly. Adding further to this, I didn't really see any hard clears that were produced on the basis of claims except for perhaps Ratchet's.

The indie role ended up having a disproportional influence, but this was entirely due to the player and not the role itself, and I don't think it probably would have changed the outcome, but it did bury any chance scum had of a turnaround pretty definitively.

From start to finish - the ball was entirely in town's court. The no lynch was a product of town factions arguing over which scum to lynch. No member of the mafia had any influence whatsoever in effecting the narrative or the game's direction (Sorry Magic). I have acknowledged a handful of complaints about balance, but the scum team was by no means short changed and had some very good tools at hand, and with a different rand this had the potential to be a different game entirely - I think the stomp can be entirely accredited to mostly good play on town's end at the end and inability of the scum team to keep up.
Ya I'm not really gonna role with that. Twat boy doesn't kill me night 2 and I'm definitely influencing day 3 enough to force a few mislynches and create further interactions with my team. He had a large effect on the game considering I was by far the most active scum player.

Town couldn't get a lynch day 1 because they had zero Cooperation with one side in a blind tunnel with the usual suspects and the other side on someone being overtly scummy and not understanding why the other couldn't see that.

I'm not saying their reads weren't good, I'm saying they don't so easily get there without my death and without my voice in the game.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Still feels kinda lame to only play a day. That win doesn‘t really feel earned, but it‘s nice to see a Town coming together and finding each other like this. Game didn‘t even reach lylo like in MH lol.

@Ratchet sorry for the OMGUS. Part of it was spite, but I couldn‘t understand your defense for Magic at all. All things considered you ended up carrying Town along with Pein, so thank you.

@Ekkologix your Day 2 was horrendous. But you got it in the end, so I can‘t really be that mad at you.

@Grammaton @Black Pegged Dragon I loved having you in my Town Core <3.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Still feels kinda lame to only play a day. That win doesn‘t really feel earned, but it‘s nice to see a Town coming together and finding each other like this. Game didn‘t even reach lylo like in MH lol.

@Ratchet sorry for the OMGUS. Part of it was spite, but I couldn‘t understand your defense for Magic at all. All things considered you ended up carrying Town along with Pein, so thank you.

@Ekkologix your Day 2 was horrendous. But you got it in the end, so I can‘t really be that mad at you.

Think it was the rare game where there were a lot of contributions from a lot of players

Good job all round

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Think it was the rare game where there were a lot of contributions from a lot of players

Good job all round
Yeah. I also have to give credit to Ratchet here for holding Town together after he became confirmed.

Generally it was a power Town this game, though. Don‘t think anyone really played bad (aside from Ekko‘s Day 2, but maybe the no lynch just pissed him off too much. It even pissed me off when I was just following EoD1 lol. I thought I was likely to sub into a Town slot and yelled at people to vote and hammer xD).

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Overall satisfied with how this game turned out. It was one sided - but I wholeheartedly disagree that it was due to role influence as a deciding factor, the team that won deserved to win 100%.

Town's direction was entirely produced by threadplay and analysis - the only informational utility that ever got to see play was Ekko's role (An artifact thief that was used on Fuji). Cop never even got off a shot. In fact most roles didn't even get the chance to influence the game, besides the killing roles and the duels, and most of them were placed correctly. Adding further to this, I didn't really see any hard clears that were produced on the basis of claims except for perhaps Ratchet's.

The indie role ended up having a disproportional influence, but this was entirely due to the player and not the role itself, and I don't think it probably would have changed the outcome, but it did bury any chance scum had of a turnaround pretty definitively.

From start to finish - the ball was entirely in town's court. The no lynch was a product of town factions arguing over which scum to lynch. No member of the mafia had any influence whatsoever in effecting the narrative or the game's direction (Sorry Magic). I have acknowledged a handful of complaints about balance, but the scum team was by no means short changed and had some very good tools at hand, and with a different rand this had the potential to be a different game entirely - I think the stomp can be entirely accredited to mostly good play on town's end at the end and inability of the scum team to keep up.
magic tried to be slick pushing me and @T-Pein™ . got rekt

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Ya I'm not really gonna role with that. Twat boy doesn't kill me night 2 and I'm definitely influencing day 3 enough to force a few mislynches and create further interactions with my team. He had a large effect on the game considering I was by far the most active scum player.

Town couldn't get a lynch day 1 because they had zero Cooperation with one side in a blind tunnel with the usual suspects and the other side on someone being overtly scummy and not understanding why the other couldn't see that.

I'm not saying their reads weren't good, I'm saying they don't so easily get there without my death and without my voice in the game.
imagine getting rekt by indies in 2 of ur scum games

Emil

V.I.P. Member

we were going to have a day 1 scum magic lunch and people didnt want it. shit tilted me like no other. thought it was pu55y scum refusing to lynch him but oh how wrong i was. it was bunch of coward townies

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
we were going to have a day 1 scum magic lunch and people didnt want it. shit tilted me like no other. thought it was pu55y scum refusing to lynch him but oh how wrong i was. it was bunch of coward townies
It‘s player bias. Magic is too strong a player to risk losing if he‘s Town. So people getting cold feet is normal. I probably would have also picked Vinegar over him who was a much stronger scum read.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
So don‘t get tilted next time. It just makes people sus you and your logic doesn‘t add up. People who get saved are scum 9/10 if they‘re not saved because they made themselves obvious Town. And Magic basically helping cause a no lynch is pretty telling as well. He would have easily gotten a lynch as Town, given he had 48h to do so. He was obviously gunning to save his team mate like he did with Hime in MH as well.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Yeah what's the need for the spite though? It adds absolutely nothing. My defence made sense - it's not really fair to hold a player to the standard of any no lynch is their fault entirely and if they're not burying scum day 1 they're locked scum. But yeah it's annoying Flower because I can see your reasoning isn't fully genuine which should come only from scum but then I have to factor in spite over... me playing to my wincon in other games too.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Anyway good win in the end, nice to see a one-sided town game for once on this site. I think the active townies being able to make themselves more easily town read than usual helped too, the big part really was reconciling the differences between reads but once we got there or at least got to the point where it wasn't direct town vs town conflict the game became pretty easy.

Day 4 was big because with mafia down to 1 it meant solving the Indie became very important, and then the indie solved himself which meant that the Mafia lost their last distraction. Thought Dalton played well honestly.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Yeah what's the need for the spite though? It adds absolutely nothing. My defence made sense - it's not really fair to hold a player to the standard of any no lynch is their fault entirely and if they're not burying scum day 1 they're locked scum. But yeah it's annoying Flower because I can see your reasoning isn't fully genuine which should come only from scum but then I have to factor in spite over... me playing to my wincon in other games too.
I mean, you might have a different view, but reading Magic like this always worked so far. With the exception of JJK, but he wasn‘t even active and was sick Day 1, so that‘s different. So I had no reason to assume it was different here, even if it‘s flawed. Should I have considered that you might think it‘s flawed? Probably. But it‘s also something a scum you could easily latch on and use to push me. Generally, though, a scum Magic and Town you world always made more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back