• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
actually this is fair

i havent seen any of his scum games that i recall tho
but as town, he does always seems much less townie than how he did last game
he was even like dp1 cfd choice in valentines i think despite being town

This has got to be a matter of difference in perception because his town game I feel is noticably more aggressive and spontaneous. But to some, I suppose this is level one scummy. He's currently on like, level 2 right now.

Magic

Resplendent
is this supposed to convince me somehow... ?
I don't care to convince you, but trying to shit on my process is something I won't tolerate anymore. The way I hunt is proven effective. So yes after day 1 my best bet is psychic and I think it has easily the best odds of lynching scum. She did nothing to really show she was town.

Magic

Resplendent
@Magic

Feel free to ask me for comment or input, but the thread state demands I be more forceful about this, not less. I'm submitting my vote early.
i feel the same way. day cannot end as it did last phase. that was pitiful. be as forceful as you want, i plan to be as well.

Magic

Resplendent
its about informved vs uninformed

he was uninformed there. a mafia wud be informed. its different
no as indy it's about survival. as town it isn't. as mafia it's also about survival. hence why rdk would obviously want to look better as scum than as town.

information is irrelevant in his case as it stands. it's not like he's showing TMI.

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
There is no reason for her to wait outside of if she wanted to see who would go after me to see if scum bait into it then reveal.

Since she already claimed vanilla the longer she waited the more likely people wouldn't believe her.
brain cant process this post rn :blobcry
can u explain like im 5

Magic

Resplendent
You think a member of the mafia has no possible investment into the discussion at hand of who should be protected.

Further, you think mafia has no incentive to strategically utilize the concept of the shield to cozy up and disarm players who pose a challenge.

Because if you can accept these, you would see why this is utterly thick
i deleted my response to this i think or it didn't go through.

this is a general tactic. mafia, and rdk, has to weigh whether that tactic would work on me. pocketing me is useless, im sure he knows that. last game tat tried pocketing me. i led his lynch day 1. tpein sheeped and tried pocketing me the whole game, never town read him and kept saying he was likely to be purple.

if this was a player unfamiliar with me it would make sense as an explanation. since it's rdk it doesn't.

Ultra

THE BEAR
no as indy it's about survival. as town it isn't. as mafia it's also about survival. hence why rdk would obviously want to look better as scum than as town.

information is irrelevant in his case as it stands. it's not like he's showing TMI.

Gonna have to side with Ekko on this one, actually. There's no one-size fits all here, but most low confidence indies tend to lean into scum hunting and credibility from doing so to bolster their position and blend in. Regardless, this is a silly discussion - I think you should be able to acknowledge that the best point of comparison for someone's scum meta is scum games, not "Ekko's Candyland".

Natalija

Divine Departure
because there's town equity there. there are some things that point to him possibly being town.

there is nothing that points to psychic being town.
Please enlighten me on the former, cause all I see is him wanting to lynch everyone and their cats :jerrykek

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Huh

Wish we’d have flipped Richard instead so I’d know whether or not I could trust magic kek.

Thing that stood out to me the most out of everything at EoD was tweet making a show of asking people to convince him of cases… and then throwing his vote on Haza who was never a viable lynch. Just bad. Also felt his take on Richard was lazy as fuck, disregarded everything to say “feels more lost than scum” despite the fact that me, magic, Shep and cp all wanted him voted out. Like as town there I’m fairly sure Tweet would take that way more seriously than just being like nah don’t see it gonna waste my vote instead
could u try to read magic without a scum flip? this kinda lazy ngl

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Cool I’m alive.

As promised, I'm delivering RDK's head on a plate. Just gonna lead off with my pre-written case and then give some general impressions I got from my readback of yesterday.

For the sake of brevity - because I know people don’t actually look at these fucking things - I have omitted a couple of filler posts from his ISO. You aren’t missing anything.

Leads off by sheeping an impression of Magic had of Poyser, but then weirdly construes it into a neutral read on Poyser, which comes across as an awkward attempt at defending him

I’ve played slightly more games with RDK at this point than most of “the crew” and I feel like I have a pretty good draw on his scum game. There’s no flattering way to put this - he’s a fucking pussy. This is instantly recognizable behavior from Wrestling Wars in which he couches a position in “I totally noticed this completely on my own and agree with this guy”, because he literally did the same thing to me.

Preemptive activity excuse. Takes a swing at psychic - a fruit so low it’s already growing a sprout - and yet he still comes across as needing to explain himself here. Signs of nervousness.

Makes a very soft jab at Lethal, which later on he doesn’t even own up to. Extremely self aware posts and he melts the moment I look in his general direction.

Publicly sidles up to Magic and brings up shielding him. Easy pickings and possible pocket attempt - I have more to say about this particular subject as it pertains to Poyser and Magic so I’ll just leave it at that for now.

Bad soft push onto Remington, especially in hindsight, acknowledges a generic town tell “idc persona” and then immediately seeks to subvert it.

Admits he hasn’t even read Magic’s posts and wants to pass him the shield anyway. All of his takes and play so far can be summarized as playing to either Poyser or Magic with basically 0 organic thought in-between.

RDK displays absolutely 0 interest in solving here. With absolutely no clue of what he’s talking about, he implicates me for having a meta read on a player he has absolutely no history of, and further cements his disinterest from moving from the stake he’s planted by admitting he already decided to cast a vote.

This is just blatantly false lol

Backs down from stated position

Seeks an angle of attack on me after I start pressuring him. It’s gooey nonsense.

Horrendously scummy posts, and RDK is physically incapable of partaking in the game without talking about the fucking shield

Doesn’t qualify any of these.

Verdict: Scum. I’m pretty confident about this. Implicates one of Poyser and Magic, probably not both. I’m operating under the assumption he’s pocketing one and friends with the other, though not strictly because of RDK’s posts alone. I’ll go into this more in a bit - but basically they both read him as town for a reason that straight up doesn’t makes sense and it’s just to mesh that with them both being town.
down

vote lynch RDK

@Magic can u elaborate on the reasoning for town reading RDK pls

Magic

Resplendent
brain cant process this post rn :blobcry
can u explain like im 5

nat lied on day 1 and said she was vanilla.

she copped me night 1.

the reasons to withhold sharing usage would be

1) to hide your role and reveal it when pressured. if she was pressured and tried claiming cop now it would be seen as her just trying to save herself or out the cop. there's no utility there and that isn't the right play as town.

2) to wait and see if people/scum push me to try and see who pushes someone she knows to be town then reveal later in the day. again since she lied it isn't guaranteed anyone would believe her if she took this approach and it might still just end in my lynch, lynching her singular result useless.

the third option is what she did and just claim it at the start of day. her information is out there. the only thing i disagree with his admitting to being a single shot. there's no need to give scum that info as they might have shot or wasted their block on her otherwise.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Ironically I think the only argument in favor of RDK I'm willing to entertain is the degree to which he has done absolutely nothing is too low to be scum. Obviously, that's not a good argument.

Secret Council

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
xD9ygUH.jpg

The traitors have obtained access to a secret day chat.
They will be allowed to freely communicate in private for the remainder of the day.

You have 21 hours to Submit your votes.
Day 2 Ends in a little under 22 hours - Countdown
Do these tags even work?

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
i like nat now
i think her role is kind of weird but it feels like something that would fit this flavor and something really unusual to fake claim
plus shes playing more like she did last game now

Natalija

Divine Departure
xD9ygUH.jpg

The traitors have obtained access to a secret day chat.
They will be allowed to freely communicate in private for the remainder of the day.

You have 21 hours to Submit your votes.
Day 2 Ends in a little under 22 hours - Countdown
Do these tags even work?
So, people who spend less time in the thread :awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back