• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
could u try to read magic without a scum flip? this kinda lazy ngl
you guys have to adapt to how players play around me. you and ultra. i'm not lying about my scum game or range. i've burned people, a lot. it causes hesitance. my town game causes hesitance to just remove me. it causes prolonged null reads.

down

vote lynch RDK

@Magic can u elaborate on the reasoning for town reading RDK pls

his apathy towards his image combined with what poyser was saying in regards to wanting to shield me. none of what he did really helped to preserve him and instead he looks like apathetic town.

you continually say you keep losing games because town is apathetic. perhaps it's time to stop rejecting the idea that these players are being apathetic as scum and policy lynching them just for lack of care. this doesn't at all look like how he would approach the game as scum. i'm not super confident rdk is town, but i do think he is town based on this.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Except it had literally nothing to do with his play around magic? Have you forgotten what the read was??
It was about the fact that he actively voted for magic to have the shield, and advocate as such in the thread, something he had absolutely no reason to do as scum because nobody else was talking about it, and keeping magic around is something he actively wouldn’t want as scum. Had nothing to do with him playing nice
this isnt rly something to town read him for. the shield only stays for 1 cycle. he also didnt really push for the shield to be on magic. that suggestion is at best an attempt to get on magic's good side or gain town cred

also i find this weird because u just made a post about whether u shud trust magic or not, so why do u town read RDK for wanting to shield magic. aka, if magic doesnt look townie to u to warrant trust, why does he look townie to RDK to warrant being given a shield? how r u okay with RDK making that suggestion if u dont fully trust magic? does this make sense

Magic

Resplendent
nat lied on day 1 and said she was vanilla.

she copped me night 1.

the reasons to withhold sharing usage would be

1) to hide your role and reveal it when pressured. if she was pressured and tried claiming cop now it would be seen as her just trying to save herself or out the cop. there's no utility there and that isn't the right play as town.

2) to wait and see if people/scum push me to try and see who pushes someone she knows to be town then reveal later in the day. again since she lied it isn't guaranteed anyone would believe her if she took this approach and it might still just end in my lynch, leaving her singular result useless.

the third option is what she did and just claim it at the start of day. her information is out there. the only thing i disagree with his admitting to being a single shot. there's no need to give scum that info as they might have shot or wasted their block on her otherwise.
i said lynching instead of leaving her shot useless.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
you guys have to adapt to how players play around me. you and ultra. i'm not lying about my scum game or range. i've burned people, a lot. it causes hesitance. my town game causes hesitance to just remove me. it causes prolonged null reads.
i know ws players suffer big time Stockholm syndrom. im taking it into account while reading them

Natalija

Divine Departure
the only thing i disagree with his admitting to being a single shot. there's no need to give scum that info as they might have shot or wasted their block on her otherwise.
I've considered that, but it would be moot since town would yell at me for claiming.

Though scum doesn't know if I'm lying or not :awesome

Magic

Resplendent
this isnt rly something to town read him for. the shield only stays for 1 cycle. he also didnt really push for the shield to be on magic. that suggestion is at best an attempt to get on magic's good side or gain town cred

also i find this weird because u just made a post about whether u shud trust magic or not, so why do u town read RDK for wanting to shield magic. aka, if magic doesnt look townie to u to warrant trust, why does he look townie to RDK to warrant being given a shield? how r u okay with RDK making that suggestion if u dont fully trust magic? does this make sense

no one is on my good side.

people don't trust me due to scum game. people lose to me as scum. people thus don't like giving me easy town reads as i can lead mislynches easily.

i'm still really good as town. rdk wouldn't want me to survive or be unable to be removed as scum. putting himself in a situation where he can't help in a mislynch on me as scum isn't smart play. the longer i leave the more i become a threat for scum.

it makes sense if you guys just realize the people playing don't trust me because of my scum game.

Magic

Resplendent
i know ws players suffer big time Stockholm syndrom. im taking it into account while reading them

it isn't stockholm syndrome. i've been mislynched for a lot of shit, often times it isn't finding scum by day 3 or i read the scum lynch properly and they were still lynched, etc.

you're not taking into account anything except they shouldn't feel the way they should because there's no reason to approach me like that.

i'm not telling you this to brag. i'm telling you this because it will result you seeing what looks illogical as scummy.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
nat, much like raem, looks town based on her attitude towards ekko.

there's no reason to act out in that way and basically try to policy lynch as scum and write it off as the person is annoying. like it's genuine frustration. scum often don't put their own frustrations over their team(due to being in a chat with their team and knowing them), whereas town are much more likely to go down that route.
you realize this is very easy to fake right? this kind of frustration that is unwarranted and cannot be established from the game itself is very easy to fake.

Magic

Resplendent
you realize this is very easy to fake right? this kind of frustration that is unwarranted and cannot be established from the game itself is very easy to fake.

sure can be. i don't see it as fake and see it as genuine frustration. i'm not as familiar with nat as i am players i play with often, but i do tend to read frustration well in players. i buy it as legit. again she'd be doing a disservice to her scum teammates to play like that so i have no reason to think she'd play like that.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Credibility?
Maybe Richard is scum and he doesn’t wanna vote there, but doesn’t wanna be the one to go directly against it in case he flips anyway, or indeed flips in the future. Again, in terms of thread sway it was an incredibly strong wagon

Maybe Richard is town and he felt that he’d look like shit if he sheeped on it and thought he’d look better by trying to do his own thing

Let me ask you something. What’s the town motivation to throw your vote on someone that has no chance of getting lynched and also not even bothering to try and convince anybody else to vote along with you? Especially when the main wagon options are so close, that you’re pretty much leaving up to others to decide, of which there is a probable scum influence?

Adding to this, earlier on tweet seemed pretty sure that RAEM was scum and was struggling yet when it came time to go, he didn’t wanna vote him? Again do you find this 180 satisfactory?
what do u think about mafia using factional kill on cp instead of converting a player?

Magic

Resplendent
What mechanically falls under the envelope of "suspicion" is completely objective, that doesn't make sense.

i pressured her the most on day 1, or at least one of the people that did, so i don't think it's really fair to suggest that i wouldn't fall into the category of one of the people sussing her.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
xD9ygUH.jpg

The traitors have obtained access to a secret day chat.
They will be allowed to freely communicate in private for the remainder of the day.

You have 21 hours to Submit your votes.
Day 2 Ends in a little under 22 hours - Countdown
Do these tags even work?
wait do they usually not talk during the day?

Magic

Resplendent
yes

3 main reasons

1. none dares lay a hand on psychic without me yeeting them
2. im already outed, mafia wont go for an obvious kill. didnt expect cp tho but its w.e, u get the idea
3. if magic is scum he intentionally leaves some players alive so he can beat them by threadplay instead of night kills

QED: watch a non-conventional target for either recruit or kill

i didnt expect anything anyway. blocked eitherway. now wonder why block me and kill cp

this is more of a fair point than anything else since you sussed me and shep did say that to you in the thread.

so by this logic do you think im not scum because cp died?

Poyser

why not?

she has zero town equity. out of everyone she's done nothing to show she's town.

goth has done nothing either, but his opening posts seemed kinda towny and the fact he tried self voting apparently.
Tpein said it defaults to voting yourself if you don’t vote

Natalija

Divine Departure
The RDK post I quoted a sec ago is a bit hedgy and I don't really understand the point he's making. Also don't like that his only other post was supporting Poyser's suspicions of RAEM. could lynch there too

maybe I'm letting Dickie Rich off the hook though. anyone think he's scum?

Aight I voted Richard to fucking die and poyser to be shielded good luck to the faithful and see y'all later
:hm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back