• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

F*** you guys. Seriously.
If it makes you feel better, I was only recruited in the final night - Ultra explained the situation and with the anti-claim kill, I couldn't see any plausible way for the town to win, and I also didn't want to spite Ultra, who was extending a great deal of good faith to me.

I'm also not particularly sorry because if I didn't sub in I don't think town were even getting onto Richard let alone Ultra.

Magic

Resplendent
Good game scum, thank you for hosting.
If it makes you feel better, I was only recruited in the final night - Ultra explained the situation and with the anti-claim kill, I couldn't see any plausible way for the town to win, and I also didn't want to spite Ultra, who was extending a great deal of good faith to me.

I'm also not particularly sorry because if I didn't sub in I don't think town were even getting onto Richard let alone Ultra.
Your read back post was excellent and redeemed the game to some extent.

Ultra

THE BEAR

Thanks for accepting by the way!

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member

Figured. Game was lost already, so just feels meh to me now anyway. Can't blame you since I would have done the same, so welp.

Magic

Resplendent
Figured. Game was lost already, so just feels meh to me now anyway. Can't blame you since I would have done the same, so welp.
You also played well when subbing in and made a great counter point to ekko as to why two scum wouldn't tie themselves together needlessly.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
The game was only lost if the recruit was accepted. If it was denied, it would continue.
It was a lose anyway
Most users only suspected either you or Richard, and someone else, nobody figured out what was going on

Ratchet

The problem is if I don't accept and I die with Nat, the game goes to final 5 and Rich gets lynched. Then Ultra will have Ekko/Fang/Shep - if he kills Shep, then the F3 for him looks easy. However, Ekko might be able to catch on to Nat dying not helping Fang at all, the question is does Fang catch on too?

I also don't want to spite Ultra, who I am ultimately fond of, and he has played one hell of a game. I think I'm going to accept given this consideration, though I don't feel great about it. Will eat dinner and stew on it.

Fang probably assumes Ekko killed Nat and I think Ultra just wins to be honest. If town have a viable chance I do want to play it out to give them that but I really am struggling to see a world where that F3 doesn't end in Ekko lynched.

Siding with Ultra here would also be another win for The Supreme Alliance over the Town Core. I think I've pretty much made up my mind to be honest, I just need to step away for a bit to run over exactly how plausible a town win with me rejecting the conversion is here.
^basically my consideration. Ultra's post:

Dear Ratchet,

It’s Ultra. I am scum. So is Richie. Read the first letters of each sentence in posts #5034 through #5039, it’s an anagram.

The host has forced me to send a message along with the recruit request. This is specifically designed for metagaming purposes - maybe you can catch the mafia based on their wording, or maybe the mafia can sound like someone else! Yada yada.

Instead, I’m informing you that the game is essentially over, and it was practically so yesterday. And the only reason the game wasn’t called is mostly because of one small technicality - my final recruit gives you the option to accept or die, and if you pick “die” the game can proceed to F5, even though you secure an almost guaranteed scum win by switching sides.

I’m sorry you wasted the time yesterday, but as a precaution I had to let it play out. Consider the invite a consolation prize for having the best game solve yesterday. I borrowed a couple elements of your play here a bit too anyway.

Also, I can’t really rely on any of these other goodie-two shoes to accept. Because of this, I was fully prepared to win this game without a recruit. Unfortunately Psychic was my meal ticket and got herself modkilled. Something I couldn’t have possibly anticipated or planned around. I was nearly ready to throw in the towel.

Now that you’ve subbed in, this avenue has opened to me. Besides, even if you were to decline, it would most likely just be delaying the inevitable. There’s always a shot of course, but I think you can agree my odds are *pretty* good. And I think I fully deserve it as well. Behind the scenes - this game has been an uphill battle in many ways. I won’t go into detail, and I don’t think it’s necessary to convince you of how much I have outplayed them here. Town will get more chances.

I am submitting an anti-claim superkill tonight on top of the recruit - it will only fail if the target has not accurately claimed their role in thread. I’m going to submit it on Nat’s claim, and I’m going to go on a limb and say this is going to work 99% of the time. With the recruit, this should end the game instantly. On the off chance that it does fail, we’ll have to play out a 3v4 scenario. Hopefully not the case, but if so, pile on Fang. Like I said though, this game should be over.

You may or may not have reservations about taking an unearned win, or about conversions in general, I don’t know. I asked, and you said you weren’t prepared for a layup. I get that…but it’s been one seriously tough game for me, because this sentiment is universal. I’m hoping you’ll change your mind, you’re the only player I can count on being reasonable and having the perspective to do so.

I am ready to hang my hat here and say I’m going to win either way, I’ve gotten this far after all, but I am TIRED. It was hard work getting here! So please, I’d appreciate it if you’d help me close this out. This is probably my best scum game on record and I’m ready to bask in it obnoxiously. I think I could still win if you or anyone else declined, but it would be a slog. I’ve already gotten everything I have wanted out of this game. Let’s move on to the next one.

- Ultra
I didn't want to spurn what was obviously good faith here. I did consider the possibility he was lying about me dying if I rejected, but even when I weighed up surviving it still wasn't a guarantee for town if I can't convince Ekko (which was probably never going to happen - this day phase is proof of that given he voted me to be lynched lol)

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
You also played well when subbing in and made a great counter point to ekko as to why two scum wouldn't tie themselves together needlessly.
Sucks it didn't matter lol. Town was a big mess all game. Not much a endgame sub can do to fix this.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Some good play on both teams in this one, congrats to scum and commiserations to town!

Now go sign for my game if you havent already, looking to start next week ideally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back