• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon sup

Post the quotes in particular that you're confused about so we can actually clarify stuff here regarding how it all works.

I'm not "confused" about anything, I looked at the series on my own and withdrew my support for the thread. :cat

Which means it's now back at phase one and needs to get support from the rest of the OBD to pass muster and be accepted

Simple as :zaru

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I'm not "confused" about anything, I looked at the series on my own and withdrew my support for the thread. :cat

Which means it's now back at phase one and needs to get support from the rest of the OBD to pass muster and be accepted

Simple as :zaru
So you're not willing to actually discuss shit here with the people who have read the series? Come on.

Regardless, nothing changed from you changing your mind, it was always going to require approval from everyone else to be accepted.

Your comment misinterpreting how the Pure World and Phases interact with each other (which has already been discussed before) also doesn't change anything. The proof is there and it just needs discussed.

Simple as that indeed.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Before I get involved, I have to ask.

How do we rate Textures in Fate and characters who have feats of destroying them? Such as Gil with Ea or Surtr?

Not sure, would probably have to ask Xhom.

On that note though...

@Xhominid the Fool

It depends on what you mean precisely by them to begin with?
We have them at Large Planetary+ due to primarily carrying the physics of that era, the equivalent of Heaven and Hell, the primary locations and even a good amount of space outside of the Planet.

We don't go any further because we have no definitive proof of where a Single Texture truly ends at.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Than it shouldn’t be a problem rating Phases as at least universes.

A single one Othinus made involved the Galaxy Touma was on being destroyed with the collision of several other galaxies and you got Phases like the Hidden World designed to contain the Magic Gods that is explicitly infinite in scope

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I don't really care to be frank.
I gave you how Nasuverse Textures primarily are in terms of what they carry but that's pretty much it.
My bad, I was being cheeky about what Astaro said.

Didn't mean to come off as sounding rude when you were just answering the question.

Than it shouldn’t be a problem rating Phases as at least universes.

A single one Othinus made involved the Galaxy Touma was on being destroyed with the collision of several other galaxies and you got Phases like the Hidden World designed to contain the Magic Gods that is explicitly infinite in scope

Listen I'm gonna be frank:
Don't try to use a different universe's mechanics for your own series, it doesn't work out well and it feels like you are trying to make a statement.
I said what I said about Nasuverse Textures because that's what you wanted to know but I didn't explain everything about them and I legit feel no need to for the question you asked.

My bad, I was being cheeky about what Astaro said.

Didn't mean to come off as sounding rude when you were just answering the question.

I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm just making it a point at the end of the day.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Listen I'm gonna be frank:
Don't try to use a different universe's mechanics for your own series, it doesn't work out well and it feels like you are trying to make a statement.
I said what I said about Nasuverse Textures because that's what you wanted to know but I didn't explain everything about them and I legit feel no need to for the question you asked.

I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm just making it a point at the end of the day.
Has nothing to do with mechanics, just consistency in the logic being used. Textures get their ranking based on the content they hold and overall scale, same with Phases.

It’s a pretty basic concept that applies to anything

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
For another example, God of War Norse Era seems to use the same setup with the 9 Realms all being reflections of each other.

i e each realm is a Scandinavia sized dimension based on developers confirming Midgard = Scandinavia

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Why not? He can copy any Esper ability he wants including ones based on Holism.

There’s a Holistic Esper in Railgun who literally creates black holes in random place across the universe

hLwJR61.jpg

pfnKwCi.jpg

f3BRYKe.jpg

cPO7Cb6.jpg

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Othinus' arrows are already rated as MFTL+, and Touma could react to them - can't even use the 10,031 deaths he ranked up by "fighting" with Othinus as it is the first time she used it against him - and only died to it once via a surprise attack, which didn't work the next time she tried it in NT10. That also isn't counting the fact that he could move faster than her rela-perception speed and her thought-based explosions (and other attacks) couldn't catch him due to his "experience" - which is a bunch of bull since it was repeatedly near ad infinitum that his "stats" didn't change and that he is as physically capable as he was before Othinus tortured him via her infinite hells for billions of years.

That is more than enough to scale for most verses.

He makes a good point :mjpls

It also looks like vsb discovered Top59's calc for Accelerator's processing speed :mjlol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That reminds me, do you have the quote on hand regarding the crossbow shot that crossed the universe nigh-instantly @Mr.OMG

Because I was wondering if it meant "world" as in the universe + all the Phases Othinus created, which would obviously bump the potential speed for it up by.... a lot (understatement of the fucking century I know):mjlol

Mr.OMG

Paramount
That reminds me, do you have the quote on hand regarding the crossbow shot that crossed the universe nigh-instantly @Mr.OMG

Because I was wondering if it meant "world" as in the universe + all the Phases Othinus created, which would obviously bump the potential speed for it up by.... a lot (understatement of the fucking century I know):mjlol
What exactly could this be compared to?

Perhaps a super-long railgun that targeted someone on the planet's surface after eternal acceleration using straight guiderails stretching from one end of the universe to the other.

Perhaps a singularity weapon that created destruction unexplainable with Newtonian physics by directly messing with the smallest particles dealing with mass and motion such as the bosons and the Higgs particle.

In all likelihood, expressing it with words was meaningless.

Even if one gathered everything that could be expressed with words, it was unlikely one could shoot down that crossbow.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
What exactly could this be compared to?

Perhaps a super-long railgun that targeted someone on the planet's surface after eternal acceleration using straight guiderails stretching from one end of the universe to the other.

Perhaps a singularity weapon that created destruction unexplainable with Newtonian physics by directly messing with the smallest particles dealing with mass and motion such as the bosons and the Higgs particle.

In all likelihood, expressing it with words was meaningless.

Even if one gathered everything that could be expressed with words, it was unlikely one could shoot down that crossbow.
Thanks, also please put quotes.. in quotes whenever you post them :mjlol

Back