To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
To be honest, for scaling purposes it doesn't really change a lot.
He still fought with multiple full power Magic Gods at once and lived to tell the tale, and anyone comparable to him or superior should be able to do the same.

Although...

image.png

This quote fucks me up because the very mechanics of Blasting Rod should make his stats continuously grow without limit, so he should logically go from fighting multiple of them at once to outright beating them, as the quote says.

:char

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yes but he also can’t take down Magic Gods while their literally infinitely weaker without either further support outside himself or nerfing them even more.

Plus, it seems like they beat him without really being serious

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yes but he also can’t take down Magic Gods while their literally infinitely weaker without either further support outside himself or nerfing them even more.

Plus, it seems like they beat him without really being serious
image.png

High Priest was genuinely trying to kill Aleister, at least.

That doesn't necessarily mean he used the most efficient means to do so in the Hidden World, of course, but he was trying to kill him nonetheless.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
image.png

High Priest was genuinely trying to kill Aleister, at least.

That doesn't necessarily mean he used the most efficient means to do so in the Hidden World, of course, but he was trying to kill him nonetheless.
It also came from him taking enjoyment in beating those he considers weak as well

“Oh, is that you, Aleister? I’m glad to see you’re still alive and kicking. Sorry about the other day. I really shouldn’t have let my anger get the better of me at my age.”

That was all it took for him to kill.

Rather than follow an exaggerated plan or make careful preparations, he acted on the rocky waves of his emotions.

The High Priest’s words hinted at the joy he felt in tormenting the weak. And worst of all, that “unenlightened man” did not see any of the ugliness inside himself. His surface consciousness did not at all think he was rubbing salt in the wound. He truly believed he was showing his appreciation toward the person he confronted.

“Then again, we have managed to find our feet here. We might be causing some trouble in your backyard and it might not even still be a city once we’re done with it, but try to forgive us. After all, we have pretty short fuses.”

“Found your feet? Do you mean that spell that infinitely divides the infinite capacity of a Magic God to trick the world by eternally layering existences that are just barely small enough for the world to contain?”

“Word gets to you quickly. Anyway, this might be an excellent opportunity for you, Aleister. Our power is limited to what can be explained in this world, so this would be the best time to kill us.”

Even that line had the implied caveat of “but it is still essentially impossible”.

For one thing, no one existed who could kill a being that the world could only just barely contain. Whether a Magic God’s power was divided by a billion or a trillion, a mere magician was still not enough to kill them.
As the rest of the bolded part shows, even nerfed, he was read to throw down and beat Crowley again

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"no one existed who could kill a being that the world could only just barely contain"

Kingsford:
Alice:
CRC:
Literally Aleister/Noukan with the mech fueled by his magic/willpower in that same volume (or a volume or two later, w/e):
Aiwass:

:tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

GT10 coming out April 10 2024

Coinciding with Index volume 1 released in April 10, 2004 exactly 20 years ago.

Also worth mentioning Index NT10 is off by just a month in being right between 0T1 and GT10 and released in May 10, 2014. And we all know what a banger the conclusion of the Othinus arc was

beautiful-summary-of-nt10-v0-3km16s6c8yea1.jpg

Given the significance of the date of release, I’m expecting Kamachi to really cook for this one. Likely wrapping up the Alice and Transcendents Arc with this one to go with NT10 wrapping up Othinus and Gremlin

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
If only Accelerator hit Nephthys with a bigger Clonoth spear, he could've won that fight instantly :wow

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
read the new web story

:smh

Nearly didn't finish it cause the dialogue was so ass.

Nearly every second line had to be about boobs of middle schoolers. Srsly, Kamachi?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Oh almost forgot, Misaki was capable of controlling thousands of students on her own but most of them were level ones so they couldnt do anything.

By using exterior to increase her power she was able to take control of other mind control espers throughout the city like Mitsuari Ayu in order to summon fuse Kazakiri.

Anna Sprengel statements by Paxton

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
“The acquisition of a new self. The goal of joining a magic cabal is to overcome the judgment of death and obtain the light of god. But if you only wish to surpass your physical form and elevate your soul along the Sephiroth, couldn’t you have simply tamed Coronzon who guards the borderline known as the Abyss?”
- NT22R

Anna Sprengel can tame/subdue Coronzon in Da'at/the Abyss.

IMG_20240124_000218.jpg

- GT8

Anna Sprengel, even with the full power of her Secret Chief (Aiwass) is incapable of defeating Kingsford, noting that she'd need to manipulate Alice or use the Shrink Drink that contains a portion of her power to do so.

(I'm leaving this here for indexing purposes)

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
wolghyvftvzb1.png

"Stand proud, true Gremlin.

You are strong."

- Alice before using Live Adventures in Wonderland to remove their powers and smack them with a flamingo

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Numerous “knitting needles” shot out of her back and next to Kamijou. The giant “flower” that switched out the characteristics of the esper power output point immediately closed back up once more.

She used Academy City’s #2 power.

White wings made of Dark Matter grew from her back and attacked everything behind her. The wings changed into hundreds of stakes. If they struck a human body, they would tear it to pieces and transform it into a formless sticky liquid.

Dark Matter’s transmutation abilities on humans were a thing since NT7. Neat

Back