To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
HD-wallpaper-index-y-touma-to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun-to-aru-majutsu-no-index-touma-kamijou.jpg

Congrats to the two GOATS winning best male and female character respectably.

Crazy how Index manage to beat Misaka for once too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
First 3 volumes of Index winning best volumes

Of course. Volume 1 of Touma and Index’s first encounter was absolutely iconic. Volume 2 Deep Blood was decent standalone arc and Volume 3 was the Sisters Arc which is GOATed for both Index and Railgun

ooqGHVf.png

yB8U4oK.png

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hot take. But rereading the Kamisato arc made me realize that whole event… wasnt bad. At least NT14 anyway. NT15-17 with their pacing issues and also where the story and characters kinda go off the rails is debatable.

Like, I really liked what Kamachi was doing here the character Kamisato on a second reread it’s just Kamisato has the misfortune (heh) of being a real pacing killer coming in after the Othinus and Magic God arcs and the minimal other characters involved in the feud between Touma and Kamisato since Kamachi wanted to make this a more personal struggle focusing on Touma rather than the grand spectacle with numerous characters involved that we’ve been used to.

The girls of his faction were mostly flat too but even that was intentional because of how Kamisato is supposed to feel about this contrived situation he’s been forced into that includes all these girls suddenly attracted to him.

EJy3L-LVAAIaah1.jpg

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I also think that ToAru swept the polls in part because many in Japan expected another season of ToAru for the Dengeki Bunko's 30th anniversary and instead gave it to other series.

16699863958141.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
One thing you can’t deny. The Toaru fandom is easily one of the most passionate fandoms out there.

Don’t think any other anime fandom has a more dedicated translator than the GOAT js06 too

Pure Elements by Paxton

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
He had to get within punching range of Mathers.
However.
Just as he broke through and blew away the wall of fire, he heard a series of dry sounds.
“You may have broken the hot and dry, but the hot and wet and cold and wet are joined with it.
There are no pure elements at the surface of the four worlds, but the isolated cold and dry will use its great influence to disturb the world’s harmony.
Earth born of fire, use your great fusion to reinforce your meaning and strike the destroyer of the elements!!”There were four elements.
In the large scale ceremonial magic used by the Golden cabal, you could not exclude any of those four even if you only wished to use the one.
In a technical sense, there were no pure elements in this world.
For example, fire always contained some trace amounts of water, wind, and earth.
Trying to remove that margin of error would be the same as forcibly removing electrons or protons from stable atoms or molecules.
- NT21

Pure elements do not exist in the surface of the four worlds (i.e. Assiah, the world of man/the physical world).

(This is purely here for indexing purposes)

@Cryso Agori

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure why you even say Flaming;Sword is only at the level of Gungnir when it blatantly does more damage to Touma than Gungnir did and basic scaling already puts Coronzon at a level above Othinus:hm
? The narrative says Flaming Sword is equal Gungnir not more powerful, also Touma couldn't negate it cause Coronzon was in a flesh and blood body, this was stated, after she got soul ripped he blocked it just fine.

Why does being in a body make her magic unnegatable? IDK but that's the logic Kamachi seems to be using here.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It was actually because she was weaker without a body, hence the sword being negatable.

Touma even did technically stop the first one, just not completely. Othinus herself specifically said the power at the time was too much for Touma to be able to negate

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
? The narrative says Flaming Sword is equal Gungnir not more powerful, also Touma couldn't negate it cause Coronzon was in a flesh and blood body, this was stated, after she got soul ripped he blocked it just fine.

Why does being in a body make her magic unnegatable? IDK but that's the logic Kamachi seems to be using here.
"and basic scaling already puts Coronzon at a level above Othinus"

Also I'm pretty sure it's because without a physical vessel, she's nothing more than a collection of energy.

I.e. she's way weaker.

That's why he couldn't negate it iirc.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Actually, wasn't it stated that Flaming;Sword (because of it's fundamental mechanics) was considered "natural" to Imagine Breaker?

I remember arguing that point in the past but I don't recall where that's said :hm

Back