To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Mr.OMG

Paramount
アイン【0】 [その他]セフイロトの樹 に描かれていない「神の領域」の事。

アインソフ 【00】 [その他一セフィロトの樹に描かれていない神の領域]の事。

アインソ フオウル【000】 その他一セフィロトの樹に描かれていない「神の領域」 の事.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They basically fit the bill of parallel worlds when you remember even the universe the main series takes place in is a Phase as well. Just one of many

As for High Priest, context is important and a guy like him considers a Phase so vast that every gap extends infinitely to be merely a part of the world.

And we have quotes that back World clearly meaning more than universe

The earth, the universe, and the world were nothing but a giant balloon. And a Magic God was a potted cactus wobbling on top of the balloon. That would cause anyone to panic. Once one learned of its existence, they would be worried around the clock that the cactus would eventually topple over as it moved freely about.

Othinus and Kamijou Touma had been wrong about one thing.

They had thought that world of darkness had been the full extent of the world. They had assumed that pitch black despair had been the product of destroying everything and leaving nothing at all behind.

But in truth, there had been one more layer. It was as uniform as a thin membrane, it had not even the slightest seam, and it could not be detected or destroyed by anyone, but one last phase had existed.

As for Curtana, it cuts though dimensions / space and dimensions are used interchangeably with Phases / layers so I don’t see the issue with using them. Bringing up Marvel or DC, there’s numerous times they refer to other realities as dimensions

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Any relevant feats in the last volume?

I see people talking about and that there is a reference to the Christian God.

Hiryuu

Any relevant feats in the last volume?

I see people talking about and that there is a reference to the Christian God.
Yep. Lots of feats for Alice in particular and some impressive showings for the rest of the Transcendents (except Bologna lol).

There is a reference to God at the end. No idea if it's the Christian God though. Most likely the supreme being and creator of the verse.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
people saying Alice is equal to MGs have to be on some kind of drugs ngl :tupac

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Yep. Lots of feats for Alice in particular and some impressive showings for the rest of the Transcendents (except Bologna lol).

There is a reference to God at the end. No idea if it's the Christian God though. Most likely the supreme being and creator of the verse.
What's the quote?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Toaru themed Tarot Cards are the first announcement for the 20 year anniversary event. (INB4 I hear “Is this a JoJo reference?!!)

80KdsgT.png

• Kamijou Touma = The Fool
  • Stiyl Magnus = The Magician
  • Kanzaki Kaori = The High Priestess
  • Shokuhou Misaki = The Empress
  • Accelerator = The Emperor
  • Aleister Crowley = The Hierophant
  • Itsuwa = The Lovers
  • Mugino Shizuri = The Chariot
  • Sogiita Gunha = Strength
  • Tsukuyomi Komoe = The Hermit
  • Shirai Kuroko = Justice
  • Tsuchimikado Motoharu = The Hanged Man
  • Frenda Seivelun = Death
  • Orsola Aquinas = Temperance
  • Kakine Teitoku = The Devil
  • Misaka Imouto 10032 = The Tower
  • Kazakiri Hyouka = The Star
  • Agnese Sanctis = The Moon
  • Uiharu Kazari = The Sun
  • Last Order = Judgement
  • Misaka Mikoto = Wheel of Fortune
  • Index Librorum Prohibitorum = The World

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Think Misaka Imouto and Mugino should be swapped. You can probably make a few parallels with the Sister Clones to the Chariot

But the Tower and it’s representation of Pride before the Fall fits Mugino perfectly, with her reckless control freak personality and stubborn pride just leading to her own repeated mistakes, defeats, and humiliation throughout the first series until she was finally humbled

Accelerator as the Emperor with his character development and current status as the Chairman of Academy City is also very fitting

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
btw Js06 tweeted that he finished translating gt 10, i dont wanna spoil myself so has anyone read it and what new feats/info does it bring?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Feel like Othinus should have pitched in as the Hermit, with her general isolation and parallels to Odin

Especially since Komoe hasn’t had anything beyond the occasional appearance with GT5 being the most recent

Laura Stuart / Coronzon would have fit Judgment quite nicely too

Hiryuu

What's the quote?
There were three instances of God being referenced IIRC. These are the parts where God was mentioned in chronological order.

Don't click unless you wanna be spoiled.

So on the verge of death, surely Kamijou was allowed to imagine a world where she was happy enough to make up for all that with interest.

Allowed by who?

Not that bastard god.

Kamijou Touma would allow himself that happy wishful thinking.

He would celebrate this ending.

Slowly, fully-grown Alice once more got up from the floor. She stood up.

As if to cling to him.

“You will die if you move any more, teacher. You will die and leave nothing behind.”

“So...what?”

Maybe it was the blood loss, but the sweat on his brow was unusually cold. His tongue and cheeks were numb.

He had trouble speaking.

He prayed that he would get the words out. Failing to say this before the end would just be too cruel.

But what was he praying to?

Not to god, that was for sure. He knew better than to expect anything from that jerk.

So he chose to pray to himself. To the human being he was. Only he could change the world with his will. He would endure until the end. He just had to think back on the path he had taken and compare this to all that pain and suffering.

A little thing like death was nothing.

If he clenched his teeth, he could keep on moving for a little while longer.

He had a lesson for that girl.

“What are you talking about?”

“How long are you going to hold it all inside? As you can see, this place is ‘outside it all’. After everything you have been through, I would expect you to be searching out god to give him a 🧩 of your mind. Are you just going to accept that you ☠️ed? Seeing you be this obedient is honestly pissing me off. 😠.”

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
There were three instances of God being referenced IIRC. These are the parts where God was mentioned in chronological order.

Don't click unless you wanna be spoiled.

So on the verge of death, surely Kamijou was allowed to imagine a world where she was happy enough to make up for all that with interest.

Allowed by who?

Not that bastard god.

Kamijou Touma would allow himself that happy wishful thinking.

He would celebrate this ending.

Slowly, fully-grown Alice once more got up from the floor. She stood up.

As if to cling to him.

“You will die if you move any more, teacher. You will die and leave nothing behind.”

“So...what?”

Maybe it was the blood loss, but the sweat on his brow was unusually cold. His tongue and cheeks were numb.

He had trouble speaking.

He prayed that he would get the words out. Failing to say this before the end would just be too cruel.

But what was he praying to?

Not to god, that was for sure. He knew better than to expect anything from that jerk.

So he chose to pray to himself. To the human being he was. Only he could change the world with his will. He would endure until the end. He just had to think back on the path he had taken and compare this to all that pain and suffering.

A little thing like death was nothing.

If he clenched his teeth, he could keep on moving for a little while longer.

He had a lesson for that girl.

“What are you talking about?”

“How long are you going to hold it all inside? As you can see, this place is ‘outside it all’. After everything you have been through, I would expect you to be searching out god to give him a 🧩 of your mind. Are you just going to accept that you ☠️ed? Seeing you be this obedient is honestly pissing me off. 😠.”
Hm, evidence for The Demiurge/Yaldaboath being a real thing? Since Kamachi takes alot from Gnosticism.

Back