Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 10: My Man My Moon

Fargo uses the grapple rocket hook to shoot through a Militech Behemoth and then send it flying and drag it behind them until it explodes (either due to the rest of the Arasaka convoy crashing into it or Rebecca shooting at it or both).

The Arasaka armed vehicles chasing David and his crew plow through a car jam and send all the cars flying.
mRZdY0G.gif
Fargo drives the Edgerunners car beneath two Arasaka heavily armed trucks and sends them in the air, before David uses the cyberskeleton to send them flying (the rest of the convoy launches the trucks when they crash into them, and the same for the cars and trucks behind them).
BF4sBKS.gif
David uses the cyberskeleton against the road to create multiple craters so that the Arasaka convoy crashes into them and are sent flying.
QMrbC3D.gif
Adam uses the gravity crush against Faraday, who survives this (abet mortally wounded).
v6CPuro.gif
Smasher activates his Sandevistan, and fires his missiles after David who has his own Sandevistan activated (which would likely mean Adams missiles are even faster than David).
BMk7T0y.gif

9Sz2xzP.gif

Adam Smasher shoots at David and causes a considerable explosion.

Adam Smasher kills Rebecca, and smashes into her with enough force to send Fargo's car flying and create a small explosion.
5J1cbKA.gif
Adam Smasher has a Sandervistan, and considers it a rudementary implant.
xBrYNwQ.png

wWslGAh.png
Lucy tries to hack Adam, but Adam grabs the cyberdaemons (somehow) and hits Lucy back.

Adam withstands the cyberskeletons gravity field's crushing effect, and destroys the anti-gravity generators of the cyberskeleton.

David and Adam cause a considerable explosion in their fight.

Fargo has Gloria/David's jacket (which he'll eventually give to V).
7psaOa6.png
Adam says that he had fun fighting David, and offers to turn him into a construct (David refuses).
bMYQgZK.png

ZOL6jQI.png
Lucy ends up on the Moon on a lunar settlement (lunar settlements are also a thing in the TTRPG, and there are quests around them in 2077).
xSSwjHD.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Delicious in Dungeons trailer is out now! I see events from the first volume at least (the red dragon appears, but that was also in the first volume when it ate Falin. It will come out in Janurary next year (which is the anniversary of when I binged almost the entire series while on holiday). You're all in for a feast!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
An interview with the staff of Gridman Universe. One of the questions asked is if Gridman wears clothes or if he's naked, to which the answer is that as Gridman is an energy source, putting human concepts like 'clothes' and 'skin' on him is futile. Of course, be aware of Gridman Universe spoilers...

7:58
I4dxJAE.png

WCj6g9E.png

O7IFjcx.png

VIP1qIU.png

cOqXDcP.png

BAxXswb.png

8vmty2g.png

0SsGZKQ.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I finally found it! An English version of the alternate ending of the Gurren Lagann DS game! I will note; I have no idea if this is canon or not. Still, it is definately worth sharing.

After meeting in the Labyrinth, Simon and Kamina team up and take down the Anti-Spiral together. The Anti-Spiral's design is also radically different to every other version of the story.
dq3hl2w.png

vvOpF4q.png

vPajvJA.png
The Anti-Spiral feels threatened by the power of Simon & Kamina (and the rest of Team Dai-Gurren).
9BXjZ2V.png
Simon and Kamina pierce the Heavens together!
VdxdadX.png

lAwydUy.png
If it wasn't obvious, this is part of the same speech the heroes gave when Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann manifested.
Gurren Lagann DS said:
Simon the Digger & Kamina: Even when trapped by the cycle of karma...the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe stands in our way...the seething of our blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space...to grab hold of our own path! Tengen Toppa! Gurren Lagann! Who the hell do you think we are?!
However, after this Kamina vanishes, and Simon says thank you bro one last time.
XRfxAe6.png
In the epilogue, the races of the galaxy are revealed to be working together, and to use their Spiral Power to further the peaceful times.
8ECMZd5.png
(All of the above can be seen below.)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Trigger's panel at Anime Expo this year will feature the world premiere of the Delicious in Dungeon anime, celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Gurren Lagann movie(s) and deliver more news on Panty and Stocing S2!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Anime Expo '23 will have a sneak peak at Imaishi's new project, as well as the premiere of Delicious in Dungeon episode 1. If this new project is PSG S2 we'll have to wait and see.
Panel Description: Join this special screening to watch the world premiere of the delectable first episode of Delicious in Dungeon and an exclusive sneak peak at Hiroyuki Imaishi's new project! ***This room will NOT be cleared prior to this panel. This room will NOT be cleared after this panel.***

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
New footage for season 2 of Panty and Stocking at long last! It's working title is New Panty & Stocking.

ykp4IFg.jpg
Stocking appears in her giant demon form (which is something Geekboat teased a decade ago).
Tn7urb7.png
EnKAtLTXUAASJ8k
Imaishi, Otsuka, Sushio, Wakabayashi and Koyama are all on the New PSG staff.

No new Gurren Lagann project (thankfully, it's complete as it is), but Trigger now fully and legitimately own the rights to it.

7xSufei.jpg
Delicious in Dungeon will be released on Netflix in January.

Now brand new announcements, but given Trigger is already super busy with Delicious in Dungeon and New Panty and Stocking that is more than ok.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I don't have a hard source on this sorry (I just heard it from someone who was there), but apparently at AX they said that the Panty & Stocking X Space Patrol Luluco doujin being in season 2 is a hard 'maybe.'

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Not only do we see the cast of Gurren Lagann cameo in PSG, but also characters from several other Gainax shows (namely Diebuster! and FLCL). I can't 100% say for sure if the non-Imaishi Gainax shows are part of the Trigger-verse due to legal reasons with Khara and such, but there's some evidence so it's worth bringing up.
GGkqp1e.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Promare is going to have a crossover with Honkai Impact. Much like the crossovers with Symphogear, Super Robot Wars, Azur Lane and Phantasy Star Online, I doubt this will be canon, but it's worth mentioning in anycase.

Maddie

Acclaimed
While there is still a lot about Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I wish to go over and hard confirm, going from the visuals we see in the final battle we can very much see another multiversal feat.
Z4ZKG8.gif

The moment before the two Super Giga Drills collide, we see the Amti-Spiral pocket universe is filled with galaxies.
9sBoc8M.png

The moment they clash all the galaxies are instantly wiped out.
UpXZqrw.png

Zoom out and we see no galaxies.
ByFrbUS.png

However, when it zooms out from that again, we see other galaxies in places where these galaxies would have been clearly visible before. Each zoom out is accompanied by a zoom in to the original point of the two Super Giga Drills, so includes space which should very clearly be visible in the first shots, but new galaxies have appeared in places they haven't.
ffjlZ4v.png

If that's not enough, here's a side by side shot of the second zoom out and a still frame of the zoom out sequence of the third zoom out when both are at the same distance.
FcyWpEO.png

Zoom out again and we now see many universes being sucked into the Super Giga Drills, but not in a time period long enough for the universes in the former shot to be sucked up.
YDHf0Sq.png

After everything collapses, including the field of space-time, there's then a burst of space-time and everything returns. We once again see galaxies where there were no longer galaxies in the very first shot.
OZlFSu6.jpg

So Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and the Anti-Spiral destroy not only the Anti-Spiral universe, but all other universe, including the field of space-time itself, triggering the Spiral Nemesis, then exist in the void with neither time nor space and then remake everything exactly how it was before.
Sorry for bump, but confused. How do you know it panned out from galaxies to universes here?

What tier does this make STTGL compared to TTGL? Isn't TTGL already multiversal due to the labyrinth feat?

Also had an idea for how a theoretical third season of TTGL could be themed around. The logical step above spirals is fractals, which are infinitely recursive spirals in all axes

seaslug.gif

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sorry for bump, but confused. How do you know it panned out from galaxies to universes here?

What tier does this make STTGL compared to TTGL? Isn't TTGL already multiversal due to the labyrinth feat?

Also had an idea for how a theoretical third season of TTGL could be themed around. The logical step above spirals is fractals, which are infinitely recursive spirals in all axes

seaslug.gif
Outside the visuals showing galaxies in places they should have previously been clearly visible?

The original source for them being universes comes from a quote from Kazuki Nakashima linked on the Japanese Wikipedia page that I've still been trying to track down (it may come from the DVD commentary, as other sources linked come from there).
A galaxy-like celestial body is arranged for comparison, but according to "Work Spirit" there is a description that this itself indicates each universe. Even within the staff, it seems that there was a perception that ``it is wrong as a representation of the universe,'' and according to the scriptwriter Kazuki Nakashima, the surrounding celestial bodies are each one of the universe, and Super Tengen Breakthrough is much larger than the universe. It can be seen that the existence of In the discussion video, it is estimated to be about 150 billion light years.
Given other visual story telling by Trigger I think it checks out (and I have been able to confirm similar things for other series). The visuals woudn't make sense in just one universe (which we see disappear as soon as they collide.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is already megaversal, so Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would be much more powerful scaled of TTGL. I don't think it's on a higher tier that I know of; just much higher on the same tier.

The Labyrinth has fractrals in it (the novel describes the universes branching like a fractal tree, and I would say fractals are an evolution on the spiral theme). Personally, if they ever do make a follow up to Gurren Lagann, I'd say they should make a Prequel focused on LordGenome 1000 years ago. The story is complete as it is. Though a fractal robot would be something else...

Maddie

Acclaimed
Would Simon be able to pilot Gurenn Lagann/ARC Lagann/Super Galaxy Lagann/TTGL/STTGL alone? Or would he alone only be able to pilot Lagann --> Tengen Toppa Lagann?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Would Simon be able to pilot Gurenn Lagann/ARC Lagann/Super Galaxy Lagann/TTGL/STTGL alone? Or would he alone only be able to pilot Lagann --> Tengen Toppa Lagann?
Theoretically he could, as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is mainly formed from Gurren Laganns, and the other pilots could make their own Super Spiral Space mechas from their own mechas (although TTGL is also formed from the memories, experiences and feelings of the other pilots).

Simon does pilot Gurren Lagann by himself during the series so it is possible yes (he does this against the Muganns IIRC). The other larger versions it's also possible (Simon was the main contributor to SGGLs energy, and had enough to make it transform right before being drowned in the Galactic Spiral Abyss.

Simon was also able to wield all his mecha against the Neo Granzeboma after STTGL's Super Giga Drill was destroyed, and destroyed the Neo Granzeboma's Super Giga Drill in Gurren Lagann.

So most likely to TTGL and STTGL and yes to everything else.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So...although this isn't from an official source, I discovered a new lead to look into. How does Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann move faster than light? Former theories I've had on this are "because Spiral Power" and "TTGL is a Super Spiral Space, and space is not bound by relativity." And though those might be partially true, they still pale to the actual method used.

As a being that transcends and control all known laws of physics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann can transcend the speed of light by selecting and generating different universes where the actions take place my warping reality and manipulating probability. Kazuki Nakashima originally wanted to explain the mechanics of the final battle in the show, but Hiroyuki Imaishi said otherwise.
光速を遥かに超えるスピードの原理は、グレンラガンの行動の現出そのものを連続的に宇宙で発生(選択)させている為[4]。宇宙空間に立っていたり銀河を投げられるなど、認識実体によってあらゆる物理法則を支配、無視している[4]。
The principle of speed far exceeding the speed of light is because the appearance of Gurren Lagann's actions itself is continuously occurring (selecting) in space [4]. Standing in space, being thrown at galaxies, etc., governs and defies all laws of physics by perceptual entities . [4]
『螺巌篇』オーディオコメンタリーの中島かずきのコメントより。ムック本においても当初中島はTV版最終決戦のSF的原理は設定していたが、監督の今石の判断により放送で敢えて説明はされていなかった。
From Kazuki Nakajima's commentary in the audio commentary of "Raigan Hen". Even in the Mook book, Nakajima initially set the SF-like principle of the final battle of the TV version, but due to the judgment of director Imaishi, he did not dare to explain it in the broadcast.
Now this is all huge stuff, and I hope to confirm it all eventually if I can. It's hard to get a hold of a Gurren Lagann movie Japanese audio commentary, It also references it being in the book, which might be a reference to Final Drill (which I have and will look over). This might just be the most convoluted method of FTL I've ever seen, but the jist of it is...TTGL can create universes just by walking.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Another interview of note, which further cements the mechanics of the Labyrinth, and how an experiment of giving many choices to boys and girls makes them more and more indecisive is what inspired the Multiversal Labyrinth. Although this is not new information, it further backs up what we know from older interviews.
――ちなみに『グレンラガン』の中で気に入っているエピソードは?
中島 第26話(「行くぜ ダチ公」)ですかね。あそこでもう一度、兄貴(カミナ)を出そうと思いついたときに、カチッと歯車がかみ合った感覚がありました。僕は立教大学の心理学科を卒業しているんですが、ちょうど息子が思春期の頃に、恩師が大学の総長に就任されたんです。思春期の子供にどう接するべきなのかを考えていたタイミングで、ご挨拶に伺う機会があったんですが、そのときに――当時の話ではあるんですが、「(大学の)男子学生と女子学生では(見方によっては)男子のほうが苦労している」という話を聞いたんですね。女子は、16色の色鉛筆から1色を選べと言われる。でも、男子は256色ある色鉛筆から1色を選ばなければいけないんだ、と。将来の可能性が制限されているぶん、女性のほうが判断に迷わなくて済むんじゃないか、ということですね。もちろん、女性の進路が限定されているということそのものに問題はあるし、それをよしとしているわけではない。ただ、それはそれとして、判断するときの困難の例えとしてそう言われた。

――なるほど。
中島 256色から選べと言われると、人は途方に暮れる。それを聞いて「可能性の残酷さ」みたいなものがあるんだな、と。もともと『グレンラガン』のターゲットが中学生だと聞いたときに「可能性の地獄」みたいな話をやろうと思っていたんです。それが第26話の多元宇宙ネタに結びついて、うまく歯車がかみ合った。カミナの「『もし』とか『たら』とか『れば』とか、そんな思いに惑わされるな。自分が選んだひとつのことが、お前の宇宙の真実だ」。あのセリフが書けたのは、よかったなと思います。
――By the way, what is your favorite episode from Gurren Lagann?
Nakajima episode 26 ("Let's go Dachiko"). When I had the idea to bring Kamina back there, I felt the gears click into place. I graduated from the Department of Psychology at Rikkyo University, and my former teacher was appointed president of the university when my son was adolescent. At the time when I was thinking about how to treat adolescents, I had the opportunity to ask them to say hello. Among the female students, (depending on how you look at it) the boys are having more trouble.” Girls are told to choose one color from 16 colored pencils. But boys have to choose one color from 256 colors of colored pencils. Because the possibilities for the future are limited, it seems that women don't have to worry about making decisions. Of course, there is a problem with the fact that women's career paths are limited, and that's not to say that it's a good thing. However, it was said so as an example of the difficulty when judging.

--I see.
NakajimaWhen asked to choose from 256 colors, people are at a loss. When I heard that, I thought there was something like "the cruelty of possibilities." Originally, when I heard that the target of Gurren Lagann was junior high school students, I was thinking of doing a story like "Hell of Possibilities". It was connected to the multiverse story of episode 26, and the gears meshed well. Kamina's "Don't be deceived by thoughts like 'if', 'if', 'if'. The one thing you choose is the truth of your universe." I'm glad I was able to write that line.
Nakashima also explains this logic in Final Drill, in which he says the more choices, the more indecisive people become, and they'd outright be frozen by infinite choices.
arGkr61.png

LCSBpTj.png
klbINFm.png

BUnqXkj.png
Nakashima: Indeed. We are opposed to each other because we are in the same position. Also, I was impressed by a story I heard from my university psychology teacher around that time. He said, "I feel sorry for male students today." He said that if you take out 6 crayons and ask them to choose their favorite color, they can choose, but if you take out 120 colors, they can't choose. In other words, today's boys have so many choices that they can't choose. Girls, on the other hand, unfortunately, still have only about six colors to choose from, so they are able to choose cheerfully. When I heard that, I thought, "That's exactly what I'm talking about!". The reason for the youth's sense of boredom I was feeling fell into my own hands. And then, with a snap, I was blown away by "Gurren".

It is. When "presented with infinite possibilities," a person can't do anything but stand still and become stuck. But in the end, the only choice one can make is one's own will. That's what I wanted to convey to the young people, to show them that kind of straightforwardness as entertainment. That's the fourth part of the story.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's been a while, but I have more exciting news and revelations to share! Looking back over Final Drill, there is some more that we can uncover about the Super Spiral Space. Hiroyuki Imaishi says in an interview that he felt sort of like Team Dai-Gurren when LordGenome was explaining the 10th and 11th dimensions and quantum cosmology theory, and as such asked Kazuki Nakashima not to get too bogged down in the mechanics of how the scifi concepts worked, such as the giant projection of Nia or throwing galaxies at speeds far beyond that of light, as the viewer doesn't need to know such things to enjoy the story (and the heroes don't need to know such things to save the Universe).
k0DluRl.jpg
(Relevant text)
flDUzcs.jpg
I really liked the visual ecstasy that comes to me, so I've always admired it. But in terms of scifi setting, I'm basically the same as Team Dai-Gurren. Even though Nakashima-san was saying, "It's the tenth dimension, the eleventh dimension" in LordGenome, we were dozing off with Kuka and he said, "I'm fired up!" [10]. That's how I feel (laughs).
--Then, everyone as Pokan.
Imaishi: In my mind, in parallel with such things, there are things that make sense to me, such as "a huge naked woman in space" [11] and"throwing a galaxy" [12]. There's something about it that makes sense to me, and whether or not I can think, "That's stupid" For example, Beastmen. It's a degassing existence. The characters are cool, the girls are cute, and they are robots.
The footnote on these notes the giant naked woman in space (Nia) is noted as likely being a reference/shoutout to Evangelion of sorts. Throwing galaxies though, is an ability that can be used within the Super Spiral Space (such as the Granzeboma, which is a Super Spiral Space as it seems), where cognition/awareness materializes, but perhaps lowly humans cannot even perceive it. The term 'galactic system' is also used, which according to a friend who helped partially translate it, seems to refer to a galactic cluster rather than a single galaxy (although they appear to be individual galaxies in the show).
(Relevant text)
zC6Rrog.jpg

FJySpQG.jpg
[11] "Huge Naked Woman in Space"A myth that Artenborough shouted when he saw a video of Nia captured by the Anti-Spiral. Appeared in episode 24. At one time, it was also considered as a subtitle. By the way, "A huge naked woman in space" also appears in the old movie version of "Eva".

"[12] "Throw the Galaxy
"In the final duel, the Granzeboma grabbed the surrounding galactic systems and threw them at Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's a technique unique to the Super Spiral Space where cognition/awareness materializes, but perhaps we humans just can't perceive it, and this galaxy is also thrown away by the transcendant...maybe."
On the other end of the power spectrum of Imaishi's works, there's going to be a Cyberpunk Edgerunners tabletop RPG written by Mike Pondsmith himself and illustrated by Hiroyuki Imaishi! It will be called Cyberpunk Edgerunners Mission Kit. As well as coming with lore on the Cyberpunk world in the 2076-2077 era (the first time in the TTRPG this is done), it will feature art by Hiroyuki Imaishi himself, and be fully compatable with the core rulebook of Cyberpunk Red. It will have six pregenarated characters (who from what I understand, are actually new characters and not just David, Lucy, Maine and the others), as well as miniatures and dice based on Edgerunners.
R. Talsorian Games is thrilled to announce the Cyberpunk Edgerunners Mission Kit, a tabletop roleplaying game starter box set in Night City as shown in the hit series Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

Made in conjunction with CD PROJEKT RED using the Cyberpunk RED tabletop roleplaying game engine, the Cyberpunk Edgerunners Mission Kit will come with everything players need to adventure in the Night City setting of the hit Netflix series, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. The box set will include essential rules as well as lore about the Dark Future, Night City, the Edgerunners team, and more!

The Cyberpunk Edgerunners Mission Kit will guide fans of the series new to tabletop roleplaying through the process of telling their own stories in Night City. At the same time, existing players of Cyberpunk RED will get their first glimpse into the cyberware, firepower, and netrunning skills of the 2077 era.

The Cyberpunk Edgerunners Mission Kit is currently in development and more information will be forthcoming in the near future. To keep track of the project, please follow our website and social media channels.
Finally, Delicious in Dungeon had its German premier, and Gridman Universe will air in several Southeast Asian countries, such as Singapore and Malaysia.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
More evidence (still) that Cyberpunk Edgerunners is canon to Cyberpunk 2077 (if CDPR and Mike Pondsmith himself repeatedly and directly confirming it, and Faraday appearing in other Cyberpunk boardgames and getting Rebeccas gun, David's jacket, talking to Fargo and there being an upcoming TTRPG based on Edgerunners connecting it to Cyberpunk Red). The music video of Let You Down (the closing theme of Cyberpunk Edgerunners) features a short story about Sasha. Sasha was a netrunner who worked on Maine's teamm (before Kiwi) before her tragic end avenging her mother who died because of the side effects of Biotechnicas painkillers (which the corporation then tried to cover up).

The video features Maine, Dorio and Rebecca, characters created by Imaishi and Trigger.
UCldcn4.png

5C8ndoh.png

duDYElL.png

CQU2L2I.png

zlVOTt2.png
But here's the thing...outside the designs of Maine, Dorio and Rebecca, Studio Trigger had nothing to do with this music video. Imaishi even says as such.

(Imaishi) The OP/ED was selected by CDPR. All the other songs featured in the show were chosen by us.
In my opinion, that ending was inevitable. I feel that I've accomplished what I wanted to do in the cyberpunk sandbox.
The video video was directed by Ilya Kuvshinov, produced by Akira Yamaoka animated by STUDIO MASSKET. Sasha's designs were by Ilya Kuvshinov. The music video also acts as a stand alone prequel to the show.

As thus, we have an example of CDPR directly using the characters who appeared in Edgerunners for another Cyberpunk project (not only that, but the fact Rebecca was used further shows that she wasn't forced upon CDPR as some would try to claim).

Back