Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I finally have it; what might just be the final artbook/guidebook for Gurren Lagann (there are other books, but from the looks of it a lot of it is stuff I've already looked over). Gurren Lagann Image Board contains images from the storyboards that they used to make the show. It has barely any of the action scenes, as Daisuke Kikuchi trusted Yoh Yoshinari to handle those, but there are still plenty of good things here.

Let's start with the most obvious ones about the Multiverse. Simon sees all of the events he's been through as images in shadows (the creators wanted to go with something else instead of this, which is why in the final production the possibilities appeared as pillars of light, but even this was kept in a way, as we can see it in the final opening sequence).
TvGClkz.png
(Relevant text)
1iFXM0O.png
I understand. It's an image. After breaking up with Kamina, becoming a BL and filling the world space of the image with the scene so far?
(This is too little. Let's make it more-three dimensional...) I wonder if it should be more like a story..
Simon winds up all of the many images like they're a film, and each of the colours/images are a possibility.
Tc3AXMt.png
Various images become like a film, and Simon winds them all up at once.
The many colours are the colours of each image. Each possibility.
The main parallel universe we see in Simon's multiverse is cloudy and vague, to give a feeling of being unclear and and anxiety (as this version of Kamina doesn't care that much for Simon).
phk0Jzh.png
(Relevant text)
7BEG00z.png
Kamina tires to escape without looking back at Simon who is being chased by the police cars. He has the attitude that he doesn't care if Simon gets caught. Simon can't carry heavy loads well.
It's like a cloudy, vague dream. If I had to give a picture of the world of a parallel universe something to do with it, it would be foggy and "unclear". It's noisy when the DF is running, but I don't know why I can't figure out what it's like.... Personally, I think that being connected to the past will lead to anxiety.
Gurren Lagann appears through space (as it had warped via the Spiral Recognition System).
mxCAUk1.jpg
(Relevant text)
L2rQ9Ce.png
Gurren Lagann appears through space
Does it suddenly come out in a big way?
I wonder if it's beautiful even if it's dragged out by glitter-like particles
Dekabutsu within Teppelin is so huge that it requires a gravity ring to stand up. Though it doesn't have a ring in the final design, the world of Gurren Lagann still has gravity manipulation (Teppelin was hovering, Dai-Gurren with a hoverpod could hover, as could Gurren Lagann and Cytomander's ships; people could walk around fine on the Arc Gurren which is only 5km long; however, though Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren had interior gravity, it also passed the Roche Limit and its gravity was a threat to Earth).
VbTkUro.jpg
(Relevant text)
QLxOmkv.png
Contents of the Royal Capital (draft)
Something like a ring...something to support a big thing... Thanks to this, a gunmen floats... even though it's huge...
It's like a buoancy generating ring, so it doesn't collapse under it's own weight...
Kamina city is overflowing with things that were unthinkable seven years ago, and LordGenomes unthinkable technologies have blossomed on the Earth.
muumw2a.png
(Relevant text)
uUxd5pK.png
Central part of the city seen from downtown
It's appearance, which is more developed than the outer perimeter, is strange. A tower with a strange face and a group of sparkling spiers reflecting the surrounding scenery, buildings with geometric shapes, it's overflowing with things that where unthinkable about seven years ago
One end of the unknown technology used by LordGenome has blossomed on this Earth.
A whale-shaped mecha which didn't appear in the final series; Super Huge Aerial Battleship Shironagasu. Given the nature of Gurren Lagann's cosmology, chances are it still exists somewhere out there in the Multiverse.
QidJej2.jpg
(Relevant text)
EHOJQYa.png
Enemy mecha Initial Plan "Super Huge Aerial Battleship Shironagasu." It roams around the city, and a shark-shaped single-seater flying machine follows it around.
Several cityscape pictures, showing life in Kamina City.
bqI8Um5.png

b8Lka2O.png

VEklOCB.png

JjYyxhx.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Now that's virtually every Gurren Lagann book (there are some others, but I think they just show character designs, though I could be still missing some stuff), I'm going to go over some things that I've yet to get a hard reference for, but are referenced on Japanese Wikipedia.

Spiral Power draws energy from a spiral galaxy connected in a different dimension (though source of this is Adult Anime Magazine Volume 5, which contains an interview with Kazuki Nakashima).
Its reality is the energy of the galaxy drawn out by human will, and the power of the spiral galaxy that is connected in a different dimension than the power of the double helix is transferred [3]
In the movie version, Simon goes beyond to the dimension that creates the Universe (you can see this happening in the movie, though the source listed, Work Soul, doesn't explicitly mention the dimension that creates the universe, though I will get more into that soon).
In the play, the main character, Simon, manifests that power the most, raising it to the level of energy that can create galaxies, and eventually beyond that to the dimension that even creates the universe [4] .
This is of course the biggest one; Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann isn't just bigger than the observable universe, but it outright dwarves universes. The galaxies in the final clash between STTGL aren't meant to be just galaxies, but entire universes, and that the universes are "like seeds" next to Super Tengen Toppa even before it manifests a Super Giga Drill. The source for this is Work Soul, and though the pages say that STTGL is "bigger than the universe" and that "the only reference they had to draw was galaxies, so they drew them really small," I have unfortunately not found anything on the galaxies next to STTGL being universes in themselves. It's also possible that this is refering to the streams of galaxies which we see flowing into the point where the two Super Giga Drills meet, and that those universes this is refering to (as I've been over before, from a visual standpoint it makes little sense for that sequence just to take place in a single universe).
Giga Drill Break released by Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The flaming spiral power itself transforms into a super-giant Gigadrill and appears. Although it boasts the power to destroy a large amount of space like a mustard seed, its power was on par with Anti-Spiral's Anti-Spiral Giga Drill Break, so the aftermath of its collision caused a big crunch , and not only the Super Spiral Universe, but also the Anti-Spiral. destroy all universes created by [7] . Immediately after becoming a world of nothingness, the reaction of the destructive energy, the friction between the spiral and the anti-spiral caused the creation of the universe ( big bang ) again in an instant ( inflation ), but the energy was not exhausted at all. What appears at the end of the collision of the two transcendental drills...
Further on this, the staff have apparently said that "it's wrong as a representation of the universe" (as in just one universe), and that Nakashima said that the celestial objects surrounding STTGL are "each one of the universe, and Super Tengen Toppa is much larger than the universe." Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the source on this one is.
^ A galaxy-like celestial body is arranged for comparison, but according to "Work Spirit" there is a description that this itself indicates each universe. Even within the staff, it seems that there was a perception that ``it is wrong as a representation of the universe,'' and according to the scriptwriter Kazuki Nakashima, the surrounding celestial bodies are each one of the universe, and Super Tengen Breakthrough is much larger than the universe. It can be seen that the presence of In the discussion video, it is estimated to be about 150 billion light years.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann being able to move faster than light, stand on galaxies and throw galaxies is because of it's transcendental internal power, and because Gurren Lagann's appearence is "continuously occuring". The source of this is from the Lagann-Hen DVD audio commentary by Kazuki Nakashima.
Because of its transcendent internal power, its offensive power, defensive power, and speed are extraordinary compared to Gurren Lagann, and it boasts defensive power that can withstand the energy of the Big Bang for several hours. The principle of speed far exceeding the speed of light is because the appearance of Gurren Lagann's actions itself is continuously occurring (selecting) in space [4] . Standing in space, being thrown at galaxies, etc., governs and defies all laws of physics by perceptual entities . [4]
There are also a few other spinoffs that' I've not been able to tract down. There's a Gurren Lagann DS game, which has a spinoff OVA (I've seen the OVA, which isn't too feat heavy), but it also has an alternate ending. What this ending is I don't know.

Gurren Lagann Otoko is a baseball spinoff set in a parallel universe. I've only had a bit of a look at the first three volumes, but there's a considerable more beyond that. Unfortunately, I can't find this series to read online, not even in raws.

Audio commentary from the creators in the DVDs & blu-rays no doubt contains lots of juicy information, but I don't understand enough spoken word Japanese to translate them unfortunately (and even with the DVD & blu-ray booklets from the Japanese versions would require buying the DVDs & blu-rays, which might not even work here, and I already have Gurren Lagann on DVD).

Physical magazines also have had interviews in them, and although at least one (see above) has an important piece of lore in it, a lot of them are hard to track down, or out of print, or too expensive.

It's possible that there is a super important book that I missed, but I honestly think that's everything in regards to Gurren Lagann. Chances are there's a lot I'm missing even in what I have, so I may look through them all again from time to time. And of course, there are some non-Gurren Lagann books I hope to track down still.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also on the subject of Edgerunners, I found an interview (which unfortunately isn't in English, even though Rafel is involved; hopefully it'll be translated properly in the future), Rafel says that "there is no inconsistency in the worldview" and that Imaishi played Cyberpunk 2077 well" (Rafel is translated as Honma for some reason).
――That was TRIGGER-san's commitment (laughs). It's been a while since the release, but I think this work is highly rated on SNS. Would you like to see the reaction?

Imaishi I can only see the reaction of the Internet at the moment, but it seems that it has been received quite favorably, so I am grateful. Since it's an anime based on a game, I was very careful not to disappoint game fans, so I was especially happy that it was appreciated by game fans.

――Certainly, there were no voices saying, “This is not Cyberpunk 2077!” I think it's the result of the love I put into it as TRIGGER.

Honma : Director Imaishi played Cyberpunk 2077 well.

I think one of the reasons why Imaishi was evaluated highly is that there is no inconsistency in the world view. As Mr. Homma said earlier, we used the skeleton of the story created by CDPR as the base for the first half of the story, and we also received ideas for detailed settings. Thanks to that being a joint production, there are no discrepancies in the world view.
For the first half of the series, CDPR's influence was greater, while in the later half Triggers influence was greater. However, all throughout the Trigger team asked the CDPR team if everything was ok to include or not. It was also Trigger's idea to have Adam Smasher in the anime (something that would come as no surprise, as Adam Smasher looks sort of like Vulcan from Promare).
HonmaThere are some parts that CDPR can't compromise on, so I asked for those. For example, one way to do this is to create an overall noir (crime movie) style with a sad ending. It was the same with this anime.

However, we had many meetings with Director Imaishi about the details and made various adjustments. Director Imaishi persuaded me with passionate words. From the middle of the production, the system changed, and anyway, if Mr. Rafau said okay, it came to pass in the company, so I and my colleague Elder also concentrated on one point of persuading Mr. Rafau, and compared the progress. has become smoother. There are a lot of scenes that were born from TRIGGER's ideas, even for the points that the viewers are currently liking.

――How much of the scripts and scenes brought in by CDPR in the early days remain in the current state?

Homma : For example, the flow of episode 1 is almost entirely the concept of the CDPR side. It's like, 'David got into an accident, lost his mother, installed cyberware...'. However, TRIGGER did the work of putting it into the anime script. Other than that, there are many developments based on proposals from the CDPR side, such as the main story.

In the second half, I think the ideas of Yoshihiro Usa and Masahiko Otsuka, the screenwriters, became stronger. In particular, the story of episodes 9 and 10 is almost like it was made by TRIGGER. It was TRIGGER who suggested that we want Adam Smasher, who appears in the game, to be in the anime (laughs).
During pre-production, Rafel made sure certain details where ok, and as well as overseeing designs for characters and clothing, he also pointed out if a billboard had advertising for the year 2077 (the anime is set in 2076) and if the bullet holes on the wall match the guns, as well as sound sources.
――Specifically, what points did you supervise?

Homma : Of course, in the pre-production stage, we also frankly shared our opinion about the character design, clothing, and production, regarding the point that it didn't look like "Cyberpunk 2077." However, in this production, ``This billboard advertises the latest products in 2077, so it's strange that it's in the era where the anime is set,'' and ``The bullet holes on the wall are shot from the gun you're using. or something like that.

Also, regarding the sound, there are details such as whether the specified gun sound is included, and whether the interval of the sound source "Don't walk" that is played when crossing the pedestrian crossing in Night City is too early compared to the game. I also put a lot of effort into the supervision.

Other than that, it was one of my jobs as a producer to let TRIGGER do what he wanted.
One of CDPR's requests for the anime was to make the main character a student, and as V is a special existence and the game covers him, Imaishi chose not to cover the topic of turning a human soul into technology. Another of CDPRs requests was that "if you turn Night City into your enemy, you'll never win" and from the very start have it assumed that the hero would loose.
――Continuing with the story, I felt that overall, it was organized as a scenario depicting the love and growth of a man and woman, or a success story. As an anime, it felt like a royal road in a sense, but did you dare to do it because you made it into an anime?

ImaishiIt was one of the orders from CDPR to make the main character a student.

Homma Yes. The main character of the game was a very special existence called "V". On the other hand, CDPR strongly requested that we want to focus on the general public, which is more common in anime. One idea was that the protagonist was a student.

Imaishi Games delves deep into cyberpunk sci-fi themes. Things like the existence of Johnny Silverhand and constructs that transform human consciousness into technology. I think that kind of thing is the number one theme of cyberpunk science fiction.

That's why I purposely didn't touch on that in the anime. The themes of the game and anime overlap, and if such an episode exists before Johnny Silverhand, the history will be inconsistent.

Also, one of CDPR's requests was, "If you turn Night City into your enemy, you'll never win." From the beginning, it was assumed that the main character would lose.
CDPR proposed an "aggressive ending" which made the actual final ending of the show look mild.
――Lucy will also go to the moon in the end, but in the end, I felt that going to the moon didn't matter anymore. Going to the moon “with David” seems to have been the original dream.

ImaishiThat 's right. Lucy no longer wanted to go to the moon halfway through. But David has made it his goal to make her dream of going to the moon come true. There is a slight difference between men and women.

Honma : I had a hard time deciding what to do with the ending.

Imaishi Ah... CDPR-san proposed an aggressive ending that far surpassed our imagination...

Honma I can't reveal the details, but for the time being, the last one is pretty mild (laughs).

Imaishi : I think it ended a bit like an anime.

――Even though it's still a pretty sad ending, does that mean it was even more tragic than that!?

HommaWell , that's right (bitter smile).

(laughs ) I thought TRIGGER was also edgy, but it wasn't at all (laughs).
Although there won't be a season 2 of Edgerunners, there may be more Edgerunners content in 2077.
――For example, when I saw the BD, there is a text such as "David Martinez didn't learn", is that CDPR?

HommaYes , CDPR let us do it on their own. To be honest, we didn't have any plans to update the anime, and instead of developing it in cross-media, we were only thinking about having people enjoy it with a single anime called "Cyberpunk Edgerunners." Originally, it was just Rafal's desire to make a wonderful animation.

Now, it may have been possible to introduce more additional content for business purposes, but it ended up being a small update. But I think the result was good. I think that you can enjoy the afterglow of David and others without overdoing it.
Imaishi says that Cyberpunk is also about portraying the city and the people who live in it rather than just showing a scifi world.
――I heard that Director Imaishi saw the ending of the game, but what was your impression after playing it?

ImaishiI thought it was insane for us people in the anime field to make something of that level. We design everything in the world.

In terms of anime, one of our seniors used to do something similar in " Royal Space Force Honneamise's Wings, " designing everything from coins to spoons and plates. But "Cyberpunk 2077" is open world and 3D, so it's going to be hundreds of times more than that. It's amazing.

As a game, you can freely walk anywhere and play various quests, but it's also fun just driving around. I really enjoyed that feeling. It's outside the city, and when I try to see how far I can go, I'm told, "I can't go beyond this point."

The main story is a cyberpunk-like sci-fi story, but I rather liked stories about people in the city. For example, like the episode where V goes to a funeral, it's more like a human story than science fiction. I think that CDPR wants to portray the city and the people who live there, rather than just showing a cyberpunk sci-fi feel.
From Mike Pondsmith himself, cyberpsychosis is a disorder that depends on each individuals personal susceptibility to cyber implants, which is why he treats it like addiction. David had particularly high humanity to begin with, and before he lost his mother he lead a decent life, while V had the Johnny Silverhand engram in his head, which stopped him from going cyberpsycho.

Okay, so time to (partially) explain CYBERPSYCHOSIS.

First of all, Cyberpsychosis is a disorder that in part depends on the subject's overall internal susceptibility. Just like every person who drinks a lot at parties doesn't end up an alcoholic in the gutter, not everyone who gets loaded up on cyberware is going to automatically go cyberpsycho. You have to have an inherent susceptibility, which (in the TRPG) is represented by the player's Humanity Stat. Humanity is not just a measure of one aspect of personality, but an overall measure of several elements including the subject's ability to emphasize and relate with others, their ability to absorb and rebound from mental and physical stressors, their ability to show compassion and flexibility to others, and whether they are able to balance their worldview through other methods.

So, in some ways, I tend to treat cyberware as an addiction--heavy anabolic steroid use being my favorite model. Not everyone who juices ends up crazy mad with roid rage. But those who are more susceptible to the need to take more steroids are more likely to hit a point where they do flip into roid rage. (Take a look at this article from Livescience https://www.livescience.com/38354-what-is-roid-rage.html for a pretty good idea of how roid rage works--notice that it's got the same basic profile as cyberpsychosis).

David's starting Humanity was probably already pretty high. And before things went to crap, he had a loving mother, a career path, and no more hassle than the average poor guy in a wealthy Ivy League school. So he had lots of buffer. But even so, he still, even after losing all that, was able to make friends, build a replacement family, and (after some prompting) even get a girlfriend. And a mentor (Maine) to create a supportive father figure. So he could definitely handle the stress of added cyberware up to a point.

Most people in Night City don't have the level of Humanity to pull this kind of stunt off without going cyberpsychotic. So David is one in a million. And that's why Arasaka wants him.

V is a different case. We don't know V's background, but even if V was a full on Corpo, they were able to hold it together even when they ended up with a dead Rockerboy in their heads (Yah, tell me about it; Johnny Silverhand's been in my head for the last three decades.) In fact, having Johnny in their head probably helped V, because Siilverhand's rage and attitude probably acted as a buffer for the psychological hits V is taking. It's like having a time share with a guy who's already half cyberpsycho and doesn't mind if V slaps stuff on their shared body; he's already crazy and violent.

So that's a rough explanation of the roots of cyberpsychosis. If I ever get band width, I'm going to start writing/posting some stuff about what I had in mind as I put together the Night City universe. But for now, you'll have to go with what I've got here. Have fun, and remember not to chip mili-spec cyberware, like your mother warned you about.

And no, cyberpsychosis isn't caused by AI net demons. Gimme a break, chooms!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I thought I was done looking through everything for Gurren Lagann, but feats for Otoko were brought up and I now have a copy of the Otoko manga in its entirety, so I've now some more to look through, as well as an insane meta-feat.

This was posted in the other thread on the other site (big credits to REDOX12a for finding this), but it's definately worth looking at here too. In Gurren Lagann Otoko (the baseball alternate universe), the Simon of this universe is a mangaka who is writing the story of Gurren Lagann as a manga (not of the Otoko story, but of the main story). Then Avant Simon (as in, the Simon we see in the prologue) emerges from the pages of his works, saying that Otoko Simon has the power to create universes, and with his power he tied the 2-dimensional universe of the manga and the world of Otoko together. Avant Simon then steals the power of Otoko Simon and sucks him into his drill.

Simon: It’s okay, Rossiu-san, I have a manuscript.

Rossiu: Heh?

Simon: I thought I’d make it my next serial, so I drew it in secret. Can you stop Gransebouya and use this instead?

Rossiu: You have a manuscript like that…?

Simon: Here, this is it.

Rossiu: …It starts with a war in space? It’s about robots?

Simon: Yeah. The title is “Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann”!

Rossiu: Gurren Lagann? That’s…

Simon: Right! It’s the robot we piloted! I’m basing this on those battles we fought back then. But it’s a much bigger story! A timid, drill-loving boy escapes from an underground world, and finally, he gets to throw galaxies at the edge of the universe!

Rossiu: I don’t think such a story would be well-received.

Simon: Don’t say that! We won’t know unless we try!

Garlock: That’s exactly right. Let’s teach them a little something– teach them exactly who they’re facing!

Kittan: Who’s voice is that?

Kiyal: Look at that!

Kiyoh: A human is coming out of the manuscript!

Kinon: I can’t believe it…

Rossiu: But it’s real…

Kittan: On top of that, doesn’t he look a lot like Simon?

Kiyal: But he’s wearing a cape or something, and he’s got a really cocky attitude!

Garlock: Simon? I see…you’re this world’s Simon? You look like a really unreliable man to me.

Simon: Me? You’re…me?

Rossiu: What does this mean?

Garlock: Now I see. You threw away your Core Drill and use your power with a pen instead. With your power that has the ability to create universes, you tied this world and my two-dimensional universe together.

Kittan: This guy…even though he’s Simon, he sure says some complicated stuff!

Rossiu: Two-dimensional universe? You mean there are multiple universes?

Garlock: That’s Rossiu for you! Even in this world, you’re as quick to understand as your forehead is wide.

Rossiu: That’s enough talk about my forehead… What are you planning to do?!

Garlock: Obviously, I’ll do what I want. Because all the lights in the heavens are my enemy!

Rossiu: What /are/ you…?

Garlock: My name is Simon Avant! Now come, Softy Simon! I’ll be taking your power!

Kittan: What?! He’s got a Core Drill too!

Kiyoh: He stabbed Simon with it!

Simon: UWAAAAAAAAH!
The ending of the Otoko manga shows the main timeline Simon absorb the Otoko possibility (not just at that moment, but all along the timeline, which is consistent with what we see in the novels).
EyJT88u.png

awOiVzu.png

HqqiO9b.png
The low end of this is that Otoko Simon created a universe, and then Avant Simon absorbs him and his power, and then main timeline Simon absorbs them to go and escape the Labyrinth, save Nia and fight the Anti-Spiral.

The high end is quite more ludecrous, in that Otoko Simon created a version of the Gurren Lagann multiverse/megaverse (which can interfere with the real world in Otoko), but there's also a version of the main timeline Simon who is parallel to Otoko and absorbs the Otoko version of himelf...but this is just a manga in a higher world Otoko, which also has a parallel main timeline Simon, and this goes on up and down forever.

This is now the second piece of evidence of infinite recursion within the Trigger-verse (the other being the zoom-in we see in the last episode of Kill La Kill where we see the much more traditional worlds-within-worlds). Of course, I still hope to flesh this out further to find further evidence of this (the more the merrier as they say).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Looking through the Otoko manga. It doesn't reach the levels of the main timeline (at least in the arcs that where adapted; Otoko no jōken, where Simon becomes a mangaka has yet to be adapted into a manga as far as I know), but there's still lots of impressive feats, even from chapter 1. I'll need to translate it for hax, but in terms of visual feats there's quite a bit.

To start with, we have a new mecha; Arc Lagann.
MkqZky0.png
Arc Lagann is comparable in size to Dekabatsu.
CjYq15z.png
The story of Otoko is set in another dimension.
J5Gd7LD.png

GT1bHSL.png

k4k5yMA.png
(Translation of the black boxes)
This is...

A man who is still unaware of his destiny...

A man's fate to keep fighting...

A man who continues to search for his own path despite being betrayed by fate...

A battle ruled by the fate of the Universe that opens a hole in a man...

A story...

...What is another story in a different dimension.
There are two Nia's; good Nia and her evil twin.
1rw22Ez.png
Both of these Nia's has her own Solvernia.
tHwA8o2.png
rhYAkYB.png
Kamina and the other heroes combine their mecha together into a microscopic version of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (this one is only the size of a mountain).
g5qVWwv.png
Yoko is 17 (not 14).
7ZlnHFT.png
Lazengunn rides a 747.
qNOICUP.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Looking back over Edgerunners a bit (I hope to at some point rewatch it proper) and there are a few other feats of note...
Faraday survives a minor gravity crush into the floor (which looks to be made of concrete; plus his death from falling was when he was already wounded).

Adam Smasher killing Rebecca not only causes a considerable explosion, but launches an armoured car into the air.

A very impressive use of the Sandavistan; David is going cyberpsycho and killed the Trauma Team team there to bring out Faraday, then he runs back across the room and back another time before Smasher shoots him with a missile, which is powerful enough to not only reach Faraday from where David is standing (David tanks the explosion at ground zero, being hit directly by it), but the butchered Trauma Team paramedics haven't even finished falling over (Smasher's missile also hits David in this timeframe).

Faraday when the Trauma Team is torn apart, and moments before the explosion.
nTlDFc3.png
P0UAW6G.png

More news on Gridman Universe on the 20th with a "Gridman Universe showcase".

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
_david_martinez_v_1___by_luciferseraphim_dfemzvb-fullview.jpg

so, the jp va of david, is also the va of air gear kazuma, jojo secco, houshin engi tenka, asta clover leopold, ygo gx jaden, etc, not bad

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
An interview with Shigeto Koyami and Hiromi Wakabayashi. Gridman Universe will involve the Gridman Universe and the Dynazenon universe combining together (this interestingly, confirms that Gridman and Dynazenon exist in seperate universes). The interviewer then says that this is interesting as the Gridman universe is set in a digital world while Dynazenon takes place in the real world, and Wakabayashi says that it will be interesting to see how the two stories will come together, and mentions how Gauma does something which makes Dyna Rex's eyes glow, which makes the viewer wonder what's going to happen.
Are there any new developments in the Gridman Universe film that you can share with us?

WAKABAYASHI:
The movie is going to premiere in Japan in 2023, but the U.S. screening is still uncertain. The story this time, I guess, that we could share is that it's going to be basically the Gridman universe and the Dynazenon universe combined together.

That's interesting given that the Gridman universe is digital and the Dynazenon universe takes place in reality.

WAKABAYASHI:
The most interesting part of this upcoming movie will be to see how those two stories will come together. There was a very tokusatsu feel to Dynazenon's climax. There's a character, Gauma, who does something, and then you can see Dyna Rex's eyes glowing. That sets up this feeling of, "oh, what's going to happen?"
There are several creative teams at Trigger (Geekboat being one of them, Imaishi, Wakabayashi and Shigeto). Wakabayashi describes their personalities as opposites and they have different interests, hobbies and ideas, but finding the balance isn't difficult as they embrace the difference, and they have to do this to survive, and there are no yes men at Trigger.
Is it ever difficult to balance the individual creators' interests at the studio with deciding on what your next project is?

WAKABAYASHI:
So our team is us plus Imaishi, so that's one team [within Trigger]. Within this trio, all of our personalities are completely opposite and just totally different. Finding the balance is not difficult because we embrace that difference. We have different interests, hobbies, and ideas, right? We know jumping in, that we are already going to clash and we're not going to all agree on one thing and stick to one solid path. We have all these different opinions, input, and ideas coming together. Because of that, we are confident that we can make something amazing. We embrace those differences to balance the differences. You have to have these differences otherwise you can't survive.

Even the production staff, right? The production staff and the producers all have different things that they like. There are no "yes men" at Trigger.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Disney made this one hard to track down, but thanks to some kind individual on Youtube I managed to have a look at The Art of Star Wars: Visions!

The Twins are clones who were grown to serve the Dark Side of the Force, and is a story about rejecting. your destiny and choosing your own path.
FghBxKX.png
Karre and Am were genetically manipulated to be vessels of the Dark Side of the Force.
CDLDCy1.png
Am was styled after the style in Promare, and her rage boosts the power of the Dark Side. Though Karre and Am have the power of the Dark Side, they are not Sith (instead clones who have been scientifically designed to channel power).
CRCvKzi.png
Information on R-DUO, B-2ON, T-Stormtroopers and T-Imperial Officers.B-2ONs name are the letters and numbers one before and after the letters in C-3POs name (and he is more like Alfred Pennyworth). Imaishi also says that the robots in Star Wars have personalities and spirits. The T in T-Imperials and T-Empire stands for TRIGGER Empire.
mNEScyZ.png
Wakabayashi says that he has been interested that he's been interested in kyber crystals since he saw a diagram in a book as a kid. Kyber crystals can not only power lightsabers, but can be used as energy sources to fuel massive ships and power devastating weapons. The Gemini Star Destroyer's Hyper Cannon is further confirmed to be able to destroy a planet.
PZmhBEX.png
Information on Dan.
Y6gBUv0.png
Tajin has been to more planets than almost any other Jedi in the Order.
wGymkGv.png
Vamga's are powerful creatures, but a Jedi is even more powerful and even bigger game.
IAlgW7C.png
The Star Wars Visions manga will be published in Japan early next year, with an English release to follow sometime (hopefully shortly) after.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
All evidence we have for recursive/higher infinities so far. Some of this stuff I feel is pretty solid, others I'm not so sure of while others still I feel need just a bit more information to clarify.

Worlds with in worlds

First of all is the most straight forward, that being how the smallest point of each universe contains an entire universe in and of itself, and this chain goes up and down forever (akin to the Dark Tower). The best evidence we have for this is from Kill La Kill, in which we see a zoom in to the smallest point and outwards again, showing a universe in each atom with its own Ryuko.

Some may dismiss this as Kill La Kill having weird visuals, but it's important to note that KLKs visuals are very explicitly canon, from Gamagoori changing size to Bunny Boy to Satsuki shining light.
Q: Why does Ira Gamagori become larger than life in some scenes and smaller in others?

A: Gamagori’s size varies depending on how he feels. In other words, his physical size metaphorically represents the size of his emotions.
TD9gK7r.jpg
jCPzv9t.png
Kill La Kill having other alternate realities is further confirmed by Kill La Kill If, where the Original Life Fiber was consuming other life fibers from other dimensions in order to regenerate from Satsuki's attacks, as it could not defeat Satsuki in her world of delusions.
g7eGopL.jpg
25OTkyx.jpg
To go further into detail still, we see that several of the Ryukos in the lower worlds are in baseform in Honnouji Academy on Earth (Senketsu is not in Life Fiber Synchronise, except for the last Ryuko we see in the loop).
IQcbzGv.png
YlezaBM.png
I am still searching for a comment on this sequence from Trigger, though I feel it should be legitimate based off everything else I've managed to gather. This would mean that each is it's own seperate world and not just a loop of the same world. One final note on this sequence is that it's actually foreshadowed in both openings (in the first opening we see a zoom in via the satelite of Honnouji Academy, while in the second we see a full zoom in from space to smaller than lifefibers).

In Space Patrol Luluco, we also see something that backs this up. Luluco falling in love creates a Big Bang in her brain.

This later happens with Alpha Omega Nova too.

These Big Bangs are confirmed to be legitimate Big Bangs, and the Blackholien even made plans in case Alpha Omega's emotions sprouted. This would mean there are genuine, universe-creating Big Bangs that occur in peoples brains.
X8i4hdr.jpg
Interestingly enough, within these Big Bangs, we see the same interdimensional hyperspace that we see Trigger-chan and Akko flying across at the very end of the series (this is also the same place in which the Aflutter Jewel is formed).

azG4puf.png
uk39RIU.png
In the Gurren Lagan novelization, Simon generates so much Spiral Power in the Galactic Spiral Abyss that a universe is born in each of his cells, and the energy of each of these universes flows into him. However, it says that this is the image in his head, so it's possible that this just means that this energy is akin to a universe being born in each of his cells (though it's still worth considering, especially considering what we see in Kill La Kill and Luluco).
LrBnHjO.png
"Convert to piercing drill bullets."
LordGenome head responds to Dayaka's orders.
Attenborough hits the fire button repeatedly.
A drill bullet was fired at an unknown enemy. A drill-type missile that pierces the armour of an enemy plane, rushes inside, and explodes. Explosions occur near enemy ships.
"All bullets hit, but the don't penetrate enemy armour. They bounce back drill bullets."
"What a tough enemy."
Without heeding Dayaka's wailing, Attenborough fires away.
"Even so, I'll shoot, I'll shoot, I'll shoot!"
The perforating drill bullets are fired in rapid succession. A rain of drills hit the enemy. Illuminated by the missiles exploding around them, the enemy's figure appeared on the monitor. It was writhing like howling. Attenborough's unreasonable barrage of shots paid off. Although it can not penetrate, the continuous attack and chain of drill bullets stopped the enemies special attack.
"Now, shake off the enemy!"
Simon pressed the lever.
Every cell in his body screamed. Within each cell a new universe is born. That energy would pour into Gurren Lagann using all his nerves. That was the image in his head.
The Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren sped up.
"It's unreasonable. Simon. My body doesn't last.
Leyte in the engine room stops. But he doesn't listen.
"We can't sink the ship right now."
A hot lump came up in the back of my throat.
It was blood. It may be that the weak part of the internal organs cannot withstand the internal pressure and is destroyed. Still, I couldn't let myself fall now.
However, the Nanda-class also increased its speed.
It is an aircraft specialized for combat in this ultra-high density space. In terms of mobility, it was superior to Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren.
Simon's desperate resistance was overtaken by the Nanda-class.
The tip of the Nanda-class running side by side split in two. It had sharp fangs. They are trying to chew up the bridge of the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann.
The moment I tried to eat it, the Nanda-class was repelled.
A Super Spiral Field was deployed.
Simon summoned up his strength and increased his Spiral Power.
- シ モ ン が レ バ ー を 握 り し め た。
身体 中 の 細胞 が 悲鳴 を 上 げ て い た. 細胞 一 つ 一 つ の 中 で 新 し い 宇宙 が 誕生 す る. そ の エ ネ ル ギ ー を 全神 経 を 使 っ て グ レ ン ラ ガ ン に 注 ぎ 込 む. 言葉 に す る な ら ば そ う い う イ メ ー ジ だ っ た.
超 銀河 ダ イ グ レ ン が 加速 し た。 "
Branching infinites
Next up is the somewhat more complicated branching infinities. The way in which different multiverses branch are different depending on the laws of the multiverse in question. There are an infinity of possibilities in the Gurren Lagann multiverse, and whenever these possibilities are observed they are fixed in place (prior to this they exist in a Schrodinger state).

(Raw text 1, raw text 2)
Spoiler: Relevant text
klbINFm.png

BUnqXkj.png

Final Drill said:
Nakashima: Indeed. We are opposed to each other because we are in the same position. Also, I was impressed by a story I heard from my university psychology teacher around that time. He said, "I feel sorry for male students today." He said that if you take out 6 crayons and ask them to choose their favorite color, they can choose, but if you take out 120 colors, they can't choose. In other words, today's boys have so many choices that they can't choose. Girls, on the other hand, unfortunately, still have only about six colors to choose from, so they are able to choose cheerfully. When I heard that, I thought, "That's exactly what I'm talking about!". The reason for the youth's sense of boredom I was feeling fell into my own hands. And then, with a snap, I was blown away by "Gurren".

It is. When "presented with infinite possibilities," a person can't do anything but stand still and become stuck. But in the end, the only choice one can make is one's own will. That's what I wanted to convey to the young people, to show them that kind of straightforwardness as entertainment. That's the fourth part of the story.
The Multiversal Labyrinth strips it's victim of consciousness and forces them to perceive the possibilities as they are made real. One someone perceives extra-dimensional space, they are unable to return to their universe of origins.
(Raw text)
9UsLJzb.jpg
Final Drill said:
"Trapped in the Multiverse. Last resort developed by the Anti-Spiral. It was a "multiverse" that traps people in infinite possibilities. I might be there, the future I wanted to be like this. People will stand up before the possibility of spreading anywhere. That is exactly the Anti-Spiral trap that takes away "will to live" from a person. The crew of the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann are trapped in the multiverse. Stolen from their consciousness, they are simply drifting through the ocean of infinite possibilities ......"
On top of this, different branches of the Multiverse are their own multiverses in themselves.
(Full raw)
CpdVwfJ.jpg
Final Drill said:
Yoko's multiverse
Final Drill said:
Viral's multiverse
Final Drill said:
Team Dai-Gurren's multiverse
So, this means that infinite universes are recognised every instant, and infinite more universes will branch off from these universes, and this will continue endlessly. This can create a countless infinity of universes/multiverses (as I recall, countless infinity is when you have more orders of infinity that you can count, but this number may still not be infinite).

SSSS.Gridman however, reveals that there is infinite time, as Alexis Kerub is infinite in age. With that in mind, it is possible that in the totality of the Multiverse there are endless infinities thanks to this.
sUCb9Hw.png
Height - 215cm
Weight - 112kg
Birthday - Unknown
Age - Infinite
Even with that said however, I should note that although Gurren Lagan, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and Kill La Koll are all confirmed to have alternate branching universes, I'm not sure if Gridman does in the same way (although there is references to parallel universes even in the Hyper Agent Gridman toku series, so it's possible).

One last thing to note on this topic is that Gurren Lagann makes reference to probability space, probability fluctuations and random variables, all of which apparently tie in with the concepts of probability fluctuations, probability space and measure theory (although looking this up, this involves some highly complicated maths I'm honestly not sure I completely understand).
Xi9UrzF.jpg
(Raw text)
Final Drill said:
[Possible space-time simultaneous firing][Deathlete/Episode 26] A Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann's "Mega-Vortex Cannon" or "Maelstrom Cannon" is an all-gun attack that fires as a random variable bullets. Artor in enormous number of enemies in all time-space and dimensions from the near past to the near future."

Metafictional layers

The final kind of recursion is more esoteric, that being how rather than something straight forward like a chain of worlds within worlds, we instead have a chain of stories within stories, and something on a lower level is fictional to a layer above (akin more to The Unwritten). Midori and Chief Overjustice are known for being Rikka's mother and Alexis Kerib in the SSSS.Gridman universe respectively. This is because neither of them were originally from the Computer World, and both of them read the script of SSSS.Gridman and knew how the story would go before it even happened.
OL93tw6.png
So to Midori and Chief Overjustice, SSSS.Gridman is a work of fiction that they could enter. This is made even more impressive by SSSS.Gridman containing it's own impressive cosmology, including infinite time, Computer Worlds and the real world.

This is not the only time we see a metafictional loop in the Triggerverse; in Gurren Lagann Otoko, the Simon of the Otoko Universe becomes a mangaka and writes the story of the original Gurren Lagann as a manga, but Avant Simon (as in the Simon who we see in the prologue of the first episode) enters the real world due to Otoko Simon's power connecting his universe to the 2D universe of the manga. He then absorbs Okoto Simon.

Simon: It’s okay, Rossiu-san, I have a manuscript.

Rossiu: Heh?

Simon: I thought I’d make it my next serial, so I drew it in secret. Can you stop Gransebouya and use this instead?

Rossiu: You have a manuscript like that…?

Simon: Here, this is it.

Rossiu: …It starts with a war in space? It’s about robots?

Simon: Yeah. The title is “Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann”!

Rossiu: Gurren Lagann? That’s…

Simon: Right! It’s the robot we piloted! I’m basing this on those battles we fought back then. But it’s a much bigger story! A timid, drill-loving boy escapes from an underground world, and finally, he gets to throw galaxies at the edge of the universe!

Rossiu: I don’t think such a story would be well-received.

Simon: Don’t say that! We won’t know unless we try!

Garlock: That’s exactly right. Let’s teach them a little something– teach them exactly who they’re facing!

Kittan: Who’s voice is that?

Kiyal: Look at that!

Kiyoh: A human is coming out of the manuscript!

Kinon: I can’t believe it…

Rossiu: But it’s real…

Kittan: On top of that, doesn’t he look a lot like Simon?

Kiyal: But he’s wearing a cape or something, and he’s got a really cocky attitude!

Garlock: Simon? I see…you’re this world’s Simon? You look like a really unreliable man to me.

Simon: Me? You’re…me?

Rossiu: What does this mean?

Garlock: Now I see. You threw away your Core Drill and use your power with a pen instead. With your power that has the ability to create universes, you tied this world and my two-dimensional universe together.

Kittan: This guy…even though he’s Simon, he sure says some complicated stuff!

Rossiu: Two-dimensional universe? You mean there are multiple universes?

Garlock: That’s Rossiu for you! Even in this world, you’re as quick to understand as your forehead is wide.

Rossiu: That’s enough talk about my forehead… What are you planning to do?!

Garlock: Obviously, I’ll do what I want. Because all the lights in the heavens are my enemy!

Rossiu: What /are/ you…?

Garlock: My name is Simon Avant! Now come, Softy Simon! I’ll be taking your power!

Kittan: What?! He’s got a Core Drill too!

Kiyoh: He stabbed Simon with it!

Simon: UWAAAAAAAAH!
What makes this more impressive is that Gurren Lagannn isn't just a universe, but a multiverse (or a megaverse, as said multiverse is composed of multiverses).

If that's not enough, Otoko is canonogically a parallel version of the main Gurren Lagann timeline. The manga even ends with the main timeline Simon absorbing the possibilities of the Otoko timeline to escape the Labyrinth, meaning the Otoko timeline is one that Simon was forced to observe.
awOiVzu.png

HqqiO9b.png
The low end of this is that Otoko Simon created a universe that can interfere with the real world. The high end is that Otoko Simon created a version of the Gurren Lagann multiverse/megaverse (which can interfere with the real world in Otoko), but there's also a version of the main timeline Simon who is parallel to Otoko and absorbs the Otoko version of himelf...but this is just a manga in a higher world Otoko, which also has a parallel main timeline Simon, and this goes on up and down forever.

Finally, in Little Witch Academia, Elfriede says that she will study cross-dimensional magic to enter the fictional world of Nightfall.
fQI2Wha.jpg

That is just about everything I can think of, and if you have any thoughts please let me know. To sum up...

*Kill La Kill shows us an endless chain of worlds within worlds (backed up by all of the other visuals in Kill La Kill being canon, and alternate realities being very explicitly canon as per the game)
*Space Patrol Luluco has legitimate Big Bangs going off in peoples heads
*Gurren Lagann (novel) has Simon creating energy akin to a universe being born in each of his cells in the Galactic Spiral Abyss
*Gurren Lagann has infinite branching universes/multiverses, in which new universes are born from every possibility recognised along the time axis
*SSSS.Gridman has infinite time due to Alexis Kerub being infinite in age
*SSSS.Gridman has Midori and Chief Overjustice from Space Patrol Luluco read the script to the story and enter the Computer World, despite it being fictional to them
*Gurren Lagann Otoko has that version of Simon (who is a parallel version of the main timeline Simon, and the later absorbs the former to escape the Labyrinth) write the story of the main timeline of Gurren Lagann as a manga, and Avant Simon from that 2D universe comes to the real world and absorbs Avant Simon
*Little Witch Academia (Chamber of Time) makes reference to cross-dimensional magic, which would allow one to visit a world which is fictional to your own

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
All evidence we have for recursive/higher infinities so far. Some of this stuff I feel is pretty solid, others I'm not so sure of while others still I feel need just a bit more information to clarify.

Worlds with in worlds

First of all is the most straight forward, that being how the smallest point of each universe contains an entire universe in and of itself, and this chain goes up and down forever (akin to the Dark Tower). The best evidence we have for this is from Kill La Kill, in which we see a zoom in to the smallest point and outwards again, showing a universe in each atom with its own Ryuko.

Some may dismiss this as Kill La Kill having weird visuals, but it's important to note that KLKs visuals are very explicitly canon, from Gamagoori changing size to Bunny Boy to Satsuki shining light.

TD9gK7r.jpg
jCPzv9t.png
Kill La Kill having other alternate realities is further confirmed by Kill La Kill If, where the Original Life Fiber was consuming other life fibers from other dimensions in order to regenerate from Satsuki's attacks, as it could not defeat Satsuki in her world of delusions.
g7eGopL.jpg
25OTkyx.jpg
To go further into detail still, we see that several of the Ryukos in the lower worlds are in baseform in Honnouji Academy on Earth (Senketsu is not in Life Fiber Synchronise, except for the last Ryuko we see in the loop).
IQcbzGv.png
YlezaBM.png
I am still searching for a comment on this sequence from Trigger, though I feel it should be legitimate based off everything else I've managed to gather. This would mean that each is it's own seperate world and not just a loop of the same world. One final note on this sequence is that it's actually foreshadowed in both openings (in the first opening we see a zoom in via the satelite of Honnouji Academy, while in the second we see a full zoom in from space to smaller than lifefibers).

In Space Patrol Luluco, we also see something that backs this up. Luluco falling in love creates a Big Bang in her brain.

This later happens with Alpha Omega Nova too.

These Big Bangs are confirmed to be legitimate Big Bangs, and the Blackholien even made plans in case Alpha Omega's emotions sprouted. This would mean there are genuine, universe-creating Big Bangs that occur in peoples brains.
X8i4hdr.jpg
Interestingly enough, within these Big Bangs, we see the same interdimensional hyperspace that we see Trigger-chan and Akko flying across at the very end of the series (this is also the same place in which the Aflutter Jewel is formed).

azG4puf.png
uk39RIU.png
In the Gurren Lagan novelization, Simon generates so much Spiral Power in the Galactic Spiral Abyss that a universe is born in each of his cells, and the energy of each of these universes flows into him. However, it says that this is the image in his head, so it's possible that this just means that this energy is akin to a universe being born in each of his cells (though it's still worth considering, especially considering what we see in Kill La Kill and Luluco).
LrBnHjO.png

Branching infinites
Next up is the somewhat more complicated branching infinities. The way in which different multiverses branch are different depending on the laws of the multiverse in question. There are an infinity of possibilities in the Gurren Lagann multiverse, and whenever these possibilities are observed they are fixed in place (prior to this they exist in a Schrodinger state).

(Raw text 1, raw text 2)
Spoiler: Relevant text
klbINFm.png

BUnqXkj.png

The Multiversal Labyrinth strips it's victim of consciousness and forces them to perceive the possibilities as they are made real. One someone perceives extra-dimensional space, they are unable to return to their universe of origins.
(Raw text)
9UsLJzb.jpg

On top of this, different branches of the Multiverse are their own multiverses in themselves.
(Full raw)
CpdVwfJ.jpg

So, this means that infinite universes are recognised every instant, and infinite more universes will branch off from these universes, and this will continue endlessly. This can create a countless infinity of universes/multiverses (as I recall, countless infinity is when you have more orders of infinity that you can count, but this number may still not be infinite).

SSSS.Gridman however, reveals that there is infinite time, as Alexis Kerub is infinite in age. With that in mind, it is possible that in the totality of the Multiverse there are endless infinities thanks to this.
sUCb9Hw.png

Even with that said however, I should note that although Gurren Lagan, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and Kill La Koll are all confirmed to have alternate branching universes, I'm not sure if Gridman does in the same way (although there is references to parallel universes even in the Hyper Agent Gridman toku series, so it's possible).

One last thing to note on this topic is that Gurren Lagann makes reference to probability space, probability fluctuations and random variables, all of which apparently tie in with the concepts of probability fluctuations, probability space and measure theory (although looking this up, this involves some highly complicated maths I'm honestly not sure I completely understand).
Xi9UrzF.jpg
(Raw text)

Metafictional layers

The final kind of recursion is more esoteric, that being how rather than something straight forward like a chain of worlds within worlds, we instead have a chain of stories within stories, and something on a lower level is fictional to a layer above (akin more to The Unwritten). Midori and Chief Overjustice are known for being Rikka's mother and Alexis Kerib in the SSSS.Gridman universe respectively. This is because neither of them were originally from the Computer World, and both of them read the script of SSSS.Gridman and knew how the story would go before it even happened.
OL93tw6.png
So to Midori and Chief Overjustice, SSSS.Gridman is a work of fiction that they could enter. This is made even more impressive by SSSS.Gridman containing it's own impressive cosmology, including infinite time, Computer Worlds and the real world.

This is not the only time we see a metafictional loop in the Triggerverse; in Gurren Lagann Otoko, the Simon of the Otoko Universe becomes a mangaka and writes the story of the original Gurren Lagann as a manga, but Avant Simon (as in the Simon who we see in the prologue of the first episode) enters the real world due to Otoko Simon's power connecting his universe to the 2D universe of the manga. He then absorbs Okoto Simon.

What makes this more impressive is that Gurren Lagannn isn't just a universe, but a multiverse (or a megaverse, as said multiverse is composed of multiverses).

If that's not enough, Otoko is canonogically a parallel version of the main Gurren Lagann timeline. The manga even ends with the main timeline Simon absorbing the possibilities of the Otoko timeline to escape the Labyrinth, meaning the Otoko timeline is one that Simon was forced to observe.
awOiVzu.png

HqqiO9b.png
The low end of this is that Otoko Simon created a universe that can interfere with the real world. The high end is that Otoko Simon created a version of the Gurren Lagann multiverse/megaverse (which can interfere with the real world in Otoko), but there's also a version of the main timeline Simon who is parallel to Otoko and absorbs the Otoko version of himelf...but this is just a manga in a higher world Otoko, which also has a parallel main timeline Simon, and this goes on up and down forever.

Finally, in Little Witch Academia, Elfriede says that she will study cross-dimensional magic to enter the fictional world of Nightfall.
fQI2Wha.jpg

That is just about everything I can think of, and if you have any thoughts please let me know. To sum up...

*Kill La Kill shows us an endless chain of worlds within worlds (backed up by all of the other visuals in Kill La Kill being canon, and alternate realities being very explicitly canon as per the game)
*Space Patrol Luluco has legitimate Big Bangs going off in peoples heads
*Gurren Lagann (novel) has Simon creating energy akin to a universe being born in each of his cells in the Galactic Spiral Abyss
*Gurren Lagann has infinite branching universes/multiverses, in which new universes are born from every possibility recognised along the time axis
*SSSS.Gridman has infinite time due to Alexis Kerub being infinite in age
*SSSS.Gridman has Midori and Chief Overjustice from Space Patrol Luluco read the script to the story and enter the Computer World, despite it being fictional to them
*Gurren Lagann Otoko has that version of Simon (who is a parallel version of the main timeline Simon, and the later absorbs the former to escape the Labyrinth) write the story of the main timeline of Gurren Lagann as a manga, and Avant Simon from that 2D universe comes to the real world and absorbs Avant Simon
*Little Witch Academia (Chamber of Time) makes reference to cross-dimensional magic, which would allow one to visit a world which is fictional to your own

tldr: omniversal trigger-verse is canon

Good job, friend. :yousmart

The infinite recursions in To Aru are still superior, unfortunately. :mjpls

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Trigger has used the M-word to describe two of their series! Promare is refered to as a multiverse.

Unfortunately, the interview is spoken word, and I cannot really understand what they're saying. I asked a few friends who can understand spoken Japanese if they can understand what is being said, and one of them did get a few words out (the other was busy, so I'll ask them again when they're free).

They hear "iron na univa-su," which translates to there being different universes or "various universes." Thankfully, we can easily translate the box in the top left corner which says that Promare is a multiverse.
X7NU8Wc.png
Promare is a multiverse
This is a big one I feel, so I'll return it and try and see if I can get other translations of it.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A few more notes from the Gurren Lagann novels.

The Infinity Big Bang Storm in the novelization, which doesn't require mashing together galaxies; the Anti-Spiral just stretches out their hands.
yrc7hbN.png
"Will you struggle even if I say this much?"
It certainly is, even with the power of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the Granzeboma hasn't been damaged much.
But Simon objected.
"Of course. The tomorrow we're trying to grasp isn't the tomorrow that you decide. It's our tomorrow that we've chosen from the infinite universe(s). We'll fight through. We'll fight through. I'll protect the lever universe. I'll stop the Spiral Nemesis."
"You can't do that!"
"Let's do it!"
Simon's determination reached the people watching the fierce battle on Earth.
Kiyal and Kiyoh aren't the only ones looking up at the sky.
The citizens of Kamina City, the children of Korehana Island, the people of the hometown of Team Dai-Gurren such as Jiha, Littner, and Adai. And even the wild animals such as the slimy grape hippopotamus and the black raccoon dog, who felt something strange, were watching the battle between the red demon god and the jet-black demon with baited breath.
When the Granzeboma spread out his hands, he began to compress time and space.
Tetsukan growled
"It's a tremendous amount of energy."
Chosen was reaching to his cockpits Super Spiral Monitor.
"It's the same energy as the creation of the Universe. It's like a Big Bang..."
The Earth as seen during the final battle is seen as if space is acting as a magnifying glass.
Dl3xsjg.png
(Relevant text)
FqquIGt.png
He was right.
One part of the universe was distorted like a lens, and the figure of the Earth was visible.
"No way...a space-time transfer bypass?"
We are given a timeframe of how much time passed on Earth since Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren left, that being half a day.
(Relevant text)
FyjBmKM.png
It's been half a day since Simon and his friends left.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann needs to be properly fused, for if the fusion unravels it will vanish in an instant (although in the movie version, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is ripped to pieces, which causes the different pilots to manifest their own Tengen Toppa Units). It's noted that although all of the pilots of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann had awakened, not all of them were used to combat. The fight is also transmitted to Earth via the space-time bypass.
Yb4PSrV.png
(Relevant text)
Qt2V8v3.png
The Spiral Energyoutput of non-combatant parts such as Tetsukan and Cybella was dropping.
"Hold on. If the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fusion unravels, it will vanish in an instant," Leeron said.
Even though they had awakened to their Spiral Power, his energy and physical strength were different to those of Simon and Yoko, who and fought so many battles.
With the TranscendanT Spiral Field of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it can withstand the onslaught of the Granzeboma. The moment this becomea an individual, it will be swallowed up by a storm of light.
Their predicament was transmitted to Earth.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I hope you all had a Happy New Year. I sure did!

Over the New Year holidays, I caught up on Delicious in Dungeon (or at least volumes 4 through 11, as well as the Adventurer's Bible). Firstly, let me note that it's still unclear how much of the manga Trigger will adapt. With that said though, as we have lots to explore and there's no harm in it, let's look into it anyway; we rarely know everything about a Trigger series power before it's even out...
Most of the series is pretty low level, with the strongest member of the party Marcelle needing prep to destroy a building, and other members of the party being some degree of superhuman (Laios throwing someones husk with one hand several meters, Laios in dwarf form bending metal). Red dragons can run at 60km an hour and are estimated to weigh over 3 tons, and killing them requires hitting a special weak spot.

However, in volumes 9 and 10, the feats start to pick up considerably. Sissel, the Lord of the Dungeon (who I'll get to in a bit) can summon dragons with portals (from who knows where), including Eastern Dragons which can create storms and Leviathans which can control & summon sea water (including to make tsunamis). There is also a considerable explosion which Sissel says isn't enough to kill a dragon (and several dragons survive).

The Lord of the Dungeon has virtual limitless control over the Dungeon, such as it's ecosystem and it's layout, being able to change the layout of the dungeon at will (such as when Sissel made his kitchen massive to fit several dragons in). When Marcelle becomes the Lord of the Dungeon (er...Lady of the Dungeon?) she merges all of the levels of the dungeon together, and even causes some land masses to float in the air.

Humans-monster hybrids can be created though this involves merging the souls of the human and the monster together, which is often irreversible (or incredibly hard to do so).

Haxwise, magic users can heal someone (and bring them back to life, although this only works in a dungeon where the soul is still bound to the body, and even then the body needs to be in good condition), cast protective magic, explosive magic, teleport (mainly out of the dungeon, though others can use this to go anywhere, which I'll get to in a bit), walking on water, summoning or creating familiars, create illusions (which can also be used as outright mindcontrol for interrorgations), necromancy (puppeting corpses), petrification & unpetrification, trransformations, explosion magic and more.

Creatures on the lower levels of the dungeon often have psychic powers, being able to read the minds of their victims in order to mimic them or manifest as their deepest desires, as well as having the ability to cast illusion spells.

Mithrun can use his teleportation abilities to teleport his enemies (usually into solid rock, switching the parts which were teleported, making it look like they were petrified), although to perform this on others, he needs to touch them. He teleports a giant mushroom (around 5m tall) several levels of the dungeon down to the 3rd level from the 1st (water appears in its place). He also has the best reaction feat in the series; during a fight with Marcelle, he teleports away from one of her explosions after she casts the explosion but before it can hit his face, from just arms length away. However, Mithrun only has limited control over his teleportation (although one perhaps jokey panel implies he can send people into space).

Ancient Magic (or Black Magic) is a forbidden branch of magic which involves drawing energy from an alternate dimension with infinite energy (although there's a few lines of dialogue which imply there are multiple alternate dimensions & worlds). Marcelle uses Ancient Magic to resurrect Falin using Red Dragon flesh, but ends up merging Falin's soul with that of the Red Dragon (which allows Sissel to turn her into a chimera). A comment from Marcelle implies that time travel is possible via Ancient Magic.

Ancient Magic and the alternate dimension are connected with demons, beings summoned from the alternate world of infinite energy. Should someone capture a dungeon, the demon within would grant them any wish. In Sissels case, it was to cast the spell of immortality over the Golden Country, as well as putting a blue sky over it (I'm not sure if the sky of the Golden Country is an illusion or if it's in another dimension, though Senshi notes it's nights are filled with stars). Artificial dungeons are made to trap a demon within to prevent it from reaching the outside. Demons have infinite power to bestow onto others (or at the very least act as an endless source of energy) but don't have that much agency of their own...at least not at first. As they grant more desires, in return they consume the desires of those they grant wishes to (as there are no desires in the infinite world that demons originate from). After they eat enough desires, they grow strong enough to burst out of the dungeon and wreak havoc on the surface world.

There's still several volumes that are yet to come out in English, but so far there's a feast of lore to go over, as well as a world & characters to love.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I hope you all had a Happy New Year. I sure did!

Over the New Year holidays, I caught up on Delicious in Dungeon (or at least volumes 4 through 11, as well as the Adventurer's Bible). Firstly, let me note that it's still unclear how much of the manga Trigger will adapt. With that said though, as we have lots to explore and there's no harm in it, let's look into it anyway; we rarely know everything about a Trigger series power before it's even out...
Most of the series is pretty low level, with the strongest member of the party Marcelle needing prep to destroy a building, and other members of the party being some degree of superhuman (Laios throwing someones husk with one hand several meters, Laios in dwarf form bending metal). Red dragons can run at 60km an hour and are estimated to weigh over 3 tons, and killing them requires hitting a special weak spot.

However, in volumes 9 and 10, the feats start to pick up considerably. Sissel, the Lord of the Dungeon (who I'll get to in a bit) can summon dragons with portals (from who knows where), including Eastern Dragons which can create storms and Leviathans which can control & summon sea water (including to make tsunamis). There is also a considerable explosion which Sissel says isn't enough to kill a dragon (and several dragons survive).

The Lord of the Dungeon has virtual limitless control over the Dungeon, such as it's ecosystem and it's layout, being able to change the layout of the dungeon at will (such as when Sissel made his kitchen massive to fit several dragons in). When Marcelle becomes the Lord of the Dungeon (er...Lady of the Dungeon?) she merges all of the levels of the dungeon together, and even causes some land masses to float in the air.

Humans-monster hybrids can be created though this involves merging the souls of the human and the monster together, which is often irreversible (or incredibly hard to do so).

Haxwise, magic users can heal someone (and bring them back to life, although this only works in a dungeon where the soul is still bound to the body, and even then the body needs to be in good condition), cast protective magic, explosive magic, teleport (mainly out of the dungeon, though others can use this to go anywhere, which I'll get to in a bit), walking on water, summoning or creating familiars, create illusions (which can also be used as outright mindcontrol for interrorgations), necromancy (puppeting corpses), petrification & unpetrification, trransformations, explosion magic and more.

Creatures on the lower levels of the dungeon often have psychic powers, being able to read the minds of their victims in order to mimic them or manifest as their deepest desires, as well as having the ability to cast illusion spells.

Mithrun can use his teleportation abilities to teleport his enemies (usually into solid rock, switching the parts which were teleported, making it look like they were petrified), although to perform this on others, he needs to touch them. He teleports a giant mushroom (around 5m tall) several levels of the dungeon down to the 3rd level from the 1st (water appears in its place). He also has the best reaction feat in the series; during a fight with Marcelle, he teleports away from one of her explosions after she casts the explosion but before it can hit his face, from just arms length away. However, Mithrun only has limited control over his teleportation (although one perhaps jokey panel implies he can send people into space).

Ancient Magic (or Black Magic) is a forbidden branch of magic which involves drawing energy from an alternate dimension with infinite energy (although there's a few lines of dialogue which imply there are multiple alternate dimensions & worlds). Marcelle uses Ancient Magic to resurrect Falin using Red Dragon flesh, but ends up merging Falin's soul with that of the Red Dragon (which allows Sissel to turn her into a chimera). A comment from Marcelle implies that time travel is possible via Ancient Magic.

Ancient Magic and the alternate dimension are connected with demons, beings summoned from the alternate world of infinite energy. Should someone capture a dungeon, the demon within would grant them any wish. In Sissels case, it was to cast the spell of immortality over the Golden Country, as well as putting a blue sky over it (I'm not sure if the sky of the Golden Country is an illusion or if it's in another dimension, though Senshi notes it's nights are filled with stars). Artificial dungeons are made to trap a demon within to prevent it from reaching the outside. Demons have infinite power to bestow onto others (or at the very least act as an endless source of energy) but don't have that much agency of their own...at least not at first. As they grant more desires, in return they consume the desires of those they grant wishes to (as there are no desires in the infinite world that demons originate from). After they eat enough desires, they grow strong enough to burst out of the dungeon and wreak havoc on the surface world.

There's still several volumes that are yet to come out in English, but so far there's a feast of lore to go over, as well as a world & characters to love.
So it's only a matter of time before they become multiversal, got it :wow

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
While we wait for more news and updates about the multiverse in Promare (more news on that soon), I looked back over the Hyper Fire Storyboard Book to get the scan which confirms the Burnish Cultists volcanic eruption reaches into space. What's interesting though is that the eruption directly refers to it as magma.
DkCG89c.png
A group of monk-like Burnish
Somewhere unexplored
Night

Send fire to the volcano

Prompting an eruption
eruption. For BG Hi-Con. Dark in front. PAN
The magma climbs into the sky
Add more PAN

Camera from orbit
Magma extending into space

Like a prominence
In the scene in question though, the flames from the eruption appear to be Burnish Flames (which are interdimensional nuclear energy). In anycase, the fact that it's refered to as magma should be kept in mind. Here is the scene in anycase.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Trigger has used the M-word to describe two of their series! Promare is refered to as a multiverse.

Unfortunately, the interview is spoken word, and I cannot really understand what they're saying. I asked a few friends who can understand spoken Japanese if they can understand what is being said, and one of them did get a few words out (the other was busy, so I'll ask them again when they're free).

They hear "iron na univa-su," which translates to there being different universes or "various universes." Thankfully, we can easily translate the box in the top left corner which says that Promare is a multiverse.
X7NU8Wc.png

This is a big one I feel, so I'll return it and try and see if I can get other translations of it.

So I did actually get a translation of this of sorts after going around some Trigger circles.

Nakashima says that whichever the question by the audience member is is a lie said by Wakabayashi (what this is I don't know), and there are various universes, and he wouldn't write something like that. He does say there is a "Promare verse" though, though if you think that Lio is an aristocrat then there is a universe where that is the case (similar to his "Gurren Lagann is a story of the Multiverse" statement, in that different versions of the main story can all be canon as it takes place in a multiverse).

I would still like to iron out more of this, but this does give us a good indicator of what's being said.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So I finally found a written translation of the interview which talks about how Promare is a multiverse. When a fan asks Kazuki Nakashima is Lio is an aristocrat (or from an aristocratic family) Nakashima replies by saying that's a lie from Wakabayashi, and that there is no Nakashima-verse (or Nakashima universe). When Meyumin Shintai (the voice actress fro Lucia Fex) says there are various universes, Nakashima continues by saying that Promare is a work that has been nurtured by everyone, so everyone can have their own unique views on Promare, which would be their own unique Promare universe. This would mean that at absolute minimum, there are as many universes in the Promare multiverse as there are people who have watched Promare.
そして『プロメア』のキャスティングに関しては、今石が「今回は(画を)描きながらこの人かな、と思いながらデザインを描いてました。だから今回はオーディション無しでした。全部指定でした」と希望通りのキャスティングが叶っていたことを告白。
そのうえで中島が「でもアフレコ中に監督、顔曇ってたよね?」と振ると、画が完成する前のアフレコ収録だったことに触れながら、今石は「想像以上の芝居を声優陣がするから、この声にどう画を合わせて いけばいいんだろう…」と、幸せな悩みがあったことも明かした。
As the atmosphere was building up, as is typical of a Promea event, a visitor asked, "Is Rio from an aristocratic family?" Nakajima replied without a pause, "That's a lie from the creative director! I won't admit it! There is no Nakajima-verse (universe)!" Nakajima replied jokingly, "There is no Nakajima-verse (universe)!
When Shintani followed up by saying, "There are many different universes," Nakajima replied, "Promea is a work that everyone has nurtured. You can have your own unique universe. That's why it's okay for Rio to be an aristocrat in your own universe!" He expressed his gratitude to the fans and his thoughts on his own work.
Incase any reference is needed, this is the video they are referring to posted again below, which directly refers to Promare as a multiverse.

X7NU8Wc.png
Promare is a multiverse
This is actually similar to something the Kazuki Nakashima said about Gurren Lagann, and how different versions can all be canon because Gurren Lagann is a story of the Multiverse.
s2vqmnJ.jpg
(Relevant text)
tSNG6mG.jpg
"Next. "When did Rosiu discover LordGenome?"

Nakashima: Oh, that is written in a novel. I explained it in the DVD audio commentary, but that is a lie (laughs). Novels are sold by mail, so those who like logic is there, and those who like interesting are the DVD version. "Gurren Lagann" is a story of the multiverse, so the "Gurren Lagann" audience you believe in!"

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Looking back into Little Witch Academia: VR Broom Racing again, and there's something I should clear up; previously, I said that the game took place partially in Sucy's World, when this is not the case. What happens is that Sucy is performing experiments wth mushrooms with all of the excess magic due to the Yggdrasil Sproutling, but this causes a forest of giant mushrooms to appear, as well as various other things that were within Sucy's World. This would not only further confirm that the events of Sucy's World are legitimate (and said world could risk overflowing into the real world), but a witch can infact have a tremendous amount of power, and their limitation is if they have enough magical energy (although in this case the overflow may come from the excess overflow of energy from the Yggdrasil Sproutling, this is also something that happened in Chamber of Time, where Akko, Sucy and the other witches go back in time to before Yggdrasil started withering away and they can use lots of very powerful magic easily).
sEswfnn.png

ok1yBXh.png

ELhinnr.png

n55lN8B.png

Back