Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The trailer for Gridman Universe is out!

Most of the main cast of SSSS.Gridman and SSSS.Dynazenon are confirmed to be returning. Already though, good folks are going about translating this! Infact at around 0:30, we get some interesting dialogue indeed (also thank you stranger in the Gridman chat for this translation)...
"Multiverse! That means there isn't just one universe, but many!"
"I don't know why, but the balance of this world is being destroyed"
"So that means..."
"This world's going to end"
If this is accurate then then this is the third time Trigger have refered to one of their stories being a multiverse (the first two being Gurren Lagann and Promare; there are other stories by Trigger which have multiverses, such as Kill La Kill, Little Witch Academia, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and Space Patrol Luluco, but they don't use the m-word).

People are also saying you can hear a the voice of a certain ancient Chinese mummy (although the VA is lister for Rex), and a certain computer world goddess is namedropped too...

In the meantime, here's another poster!

RFVggOW.jpg
On top of all of that, we hear a snippet of Uni-verse, the most hype Trigger song since Inferno (I Really Want To Stay At Your House is more sad).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The appearence of kaiju in a world weakens the barrier between worlds (likely between the real world and the Computer World, but this could also mean something else). Usually it takes a while for two or more kaiju to appear at once (implying Knight and the Second have been to several worlds). This all aligns with what's revealed in the Gridman Universe trailer about the balance of the world being out of balance.
fhjPuUz.png

0Xqqmlh.png

GIK583L.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The story synopsis for Gridman Universe. The world was created and destroyed by a single girl (Akane), before she was saved by an alien from another dimension (Gridman from the Hyper World), a kaiju she created (Anti/Knight) and her friends. As Yuta is preparing to confess his feelings to Rikka, Gridman once again appears and speaks, saying that the balance of the world is about to collapse. Yomogi and the others appear (who is confirmed to be from a different world, though if it's the real world or another Computer World I'm not yet sure).
Metropolitan Tsutsujidai High School.
In the classroom after school, Yuta Hibiki draws and erases Gridman in his notebook over and over again. Once upon a time, this world was created and destroyed by a single girl. The ones who saved the girl's heart were Hyper Agent Gridman, who came from another dimension, a monster with a heart she created, and Yuta and the others.

Yuta, who has moved on to the second grade and is in a different class from Rikka, decides to confess. Their daily life in such a peaceful world began to crumble with a roar.

In the midst of Yuta's crisis, Gridman suddenly appears and speaks.
"The balance of this world is about to collapse"

Before long, the crimson strong dragon Dynax, Gridman's collaborators, new century junior high school students, and Yomogi Manaka, a resident of another world, appear in front of Yuta one after another.

While keeping his feelings for Rikka hidden, Yuta's extraordinary life begins.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Just a few days away from Gridman Universe's Japanese release! I ask everyone to please avoid spoilers until well after the English version has come out if you would kindly. There's going to be lots more news over the next month or so though. To start with, Gridman Caliber can trap an enemy in another space, then slice it and the space in half.
KBgm5AO.png
(Relevant text)
eY40u4L.png
After capturing it in a special space, it rushes forward with the thrusters on Gridman's back, and slashes with Gridman Caliber as they pass by each other. It has the power to bisect the enemy along with the space. During the battle against Devadadan, Gridman Caliber suddenly appeared in front of Gridman and saved Gridman from danger.
A Gridman Universe novelization will also be released.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gridman Universe is out in cinemas in Japan! I ask that everyone please refrain from posting spoilers for a few months. I hope to look over all of Gridman prior to the English release, but there's still a lot to go over. In the meantime, there's still lots of other stuff that we can look over.

On another subject, looking back over Promare, and there are two feats worth taking into account. The first is worth taking into account, but I feel has some somewhat shaky logic involved. The second though is for sure. The first involves Galo de Lion protecting everyone from it's punches.
v6zj1k8.jpg
This is the same as how Lio's flames protected Galo
I0qJnIS.png
However, this isn't just the power of protection, but it also enhances the one who it's protecting in terms of strength too. Galo was able to punch out Kray Foresight with the flames that Lio gave him (Kray was also able to withstand a blast of Lios flames himself).
JyjnAl.gif

So not only did Galo de Lion protect everyone on Earth, but also empowered them. By everyone, I don't just mean every human, as Vinny is a rat and he was protected too.
ckIdwGZ.png
So all lifeforms on Earth were protected and empowered by Galo de Lion. According the scientific estimates, there are approximately 20,000,121,091,000,000,000 living creatures on the Earth.

At minimum, this would make all living things on the Earth at least planet level as Burning Rescue and Vulcan directly survive a planet-shaking punch from Galo de Lion (plus Galo de Lion also used this to protect the planet itself, and all the plants and inanimate objects).
ROryYw.gif

I will say though, a lot of this does rely on some calc stacking. That being said though, it might end up being even higher. I went back to look over the feat again, which brings me to my second point, as there was something else there that was overlooked...

You might not notice it as giant robot punching a planet is over the top as it is, but take a closer look as it punches the Earth...
0Y8yz72.png
The Earth briefly becomes the same white-grid as the Promare, down to the exact same surrounding mesh of cubes.
HS8Vogr.png
Thankfully, if in doubt, I can always check to see if the storyboards or script say anything, and what do you know...
w9PVfOC.jpg
(Relevant text)
IPPMZk1.jpg
When I made this, several frames, the wireframe of the main star of Promare in the parallel universe
So from the looks of it, Galo de Lion was able to either overlap the dimensions (or briefly draw the Promare itself into our universe). This means that Galo de Lion might be equal to the Promare itself.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A bit more on Gridman while we await Gridman Universe in English. The world of SSSS.Gridman was created from Akane's delusions
 * “SSSS.GRIDMAN” A TV animation broadcast in 2018 based on “Denko Choujin Gridman”. The main character, high school student Yuta Hibiki, merges with the hero, Gridman, who appears on the screen of an old computer. He confronts the monsters that rampage in the city and his classmate, Akane Shinjo, who controls them behind the scenes. At the end of the story, it was revealed that the city itself was actually a world created by Akane's delusions, which caused a sensation.
When interviewing fans about their opinions on Gridman Universe, one fan says it's the best multi-verse movie in Japan.

0:30
qSw1c8J.png

C1U6uBC.png
Also as a final note, I've pre-ordered the Gridman Universe novelization, but I'm going to wait until I actually see it before analysing or translating it.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A short but sweet interview with Hiroyuki Imaishi and Yoh Yoshinari (as well as Will Feng of Omega Strikers) over the intro of Omega Strikers. They say that as they didn't have the time to create a full series, they tried to cram as much story and character development into a minute and a half as possible, as they only had a few frames for character development rather than entire episodes. They say (abet jokingly) to watch it frame-by-frame, although this bears truth, as I have picked up some big stuff by going frame-by-frame (even with long running series they can squeeze in even more character development, all the way back to Gurren Lagannn).

7:35
p9a2rkW.png

6f59Txe.png

mt78EKl.png

f6NOy0V.png

7HzXshJ.png
In other news, I have a new lore source to look into, in the form of Continue: Trigger's Greatest Works (2011 - 2019). It covers everything from Inferno Cop to Promare in varying details (quite a bit on KLK and LWA, not so much on everything else unfortunately)., Ragyo alters Ryukos memories and turns her against her former allies and friends. This is to invoke a sad feeling, and Nui is meant to invoke much irritation despite her cute looks.
2ZpUcBT.jpg
(Relevant text)
9eo5Jz2.jpg
Episode 20, the first step towards the final battle, is a sad episode that highlights Ryuko's loneliness. Ryuko, who was hurt when she learned she was a "non-human monster" who was intergrated with Life Fibers, was hurt not only by her rescued Mako, but also by her partner Senketsu. Rejected even. She confronts Akatsuki and Hajime in an attempt to settle everything, but she is now dressed in chastity and has her memories altered to attack her former allies. There, Satsuki, who has rebelled against Ragyo, stands in her way wearing Ryuko's former partner, Senketsu. The confrontation between Ryuko and Satsuki, who recognizes that they are sisters, and the confrontation between Ryuko, who loses her memory and exposes her hostility, and Senketsu, who tries to win her back. This is the scene I didn't want to see if I could. Episode 20 ends with such an eventful scene. Even so, the character of Hajime-Nui is still very irritating to the viewer, contrary to her cute looks, her through villainy and invincibility will make you sigh (laughs).
Senketsu suits Satsuki, as if his creation directly involved the possibility of her wearing him. Ragyo was able to alter Ryuko memories and create false memories and false happiness, and Mako and Senketsu break deep into her consciousness to bring her out of this unfitting state which doesn't suit her.
dw6n8tJ.jpg
(Relevant text)
PUoId1a.jpg
Senketsu suits Satsuki really well, as if it was originally designed with this development in mind, and the whole thing fits together. On the other hand, the figure of Ryuko dressed in Junketsu will probably feel "unsuitable" in the aesthetic sense of most viewers. Satsuki declares that Ryuko is "dressed in purity" in the sense that Ryuko is ruled by the power of purity, but in terms of visuals it is interesting that Ryuko is "dressed in clothes." Inn Ryuko's deep consciousness, Ryuko, who wears a bridan gown, was having a wedding ceremony with a Life Force Fiber. It was Mako and Senketsu who saved Ryuko, who was planted with false memories of Ragyo and trapped in her false happiness. Ryuko's way of life is that she has shed blood many times and has been in tatters. Her pure white dress, which covers it up in a way that denies it, still doesn't suit her. Paradoxically, the trembling coolness of her last scene, in which she cuts her teeth while being bathed in copious amounts of blood proves it.
Back onto the subject of shorts, the convention short Bureau of Proto-Society (a collaboration with Studio Rikka) has a post-apocalyptic dystopian society where they try to figure out what happened to society by watching a bunch of old movies (such as Mad Max, 300, War of the Worlds, District 9 and many more). A lot of it seems to be an unreliable narrator, but someone who looks like Walter White turns up (this is very important).

For the full short, see below.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Looking back into Edgerunners (which I hope to properly rewatch soon), and there are at least two examples of bullets moving in slow motion when the Sandevistan is activated. One of these the bullets are outright stopped in midair.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Time to rewatch a contemporary masterpiece! As I rewatch Edgerunners, as well as looking for any other feats, I'll also keep an eye out for lore notes, comparisons to the game (in terms of power, location accuracy, sound and so on), as well as countering downplay and certain arguments I've come across (be prepared for oddly specific ramblings). Of course, be warned ofgraphic violence.

Episode 1: Let You Down
To start with, Norris goes cyberpsycho (the big holographic koi fish overhead shows us this is in Corpo Plaza, close to David's own final stand (things will go full cricle). Norris is able to withstand the NCPD bullets (possibly due to having implants such as Subdermal Armour) and rips them to pieces with Mantisblades. His guns are able to rock police cars and blast people to pieces.

He's not the only one with military grade equipment, and MaxTac are able to take him out, withstanding Norris' bullets (which could rip peoples faces apart).

Norris shoots a PCPD officer and rocks the police car he's in.

Many nearby cops shoot Norris, but their bullets are ineffective. Norris is able to shoot their faces off (the officer who's blown to pieces was taking cover behind something, and Norris shot that and made it explode).

The Sandavistan is activated for the first time, and Norris shoots a bunch of police officers in the head (running behind to flank them). Only after the Sandavistan is deactivated do the cops heads finally explode.

MaxTac arrives and shoots at Norris, but Norris uses his Sandevistan to dodge the shot, moving several meters away while the remains of his gun still hangs in the air. He then shoots at the AV and seems to shake it with his bullets.
https://i.imgur.com/wZIxla6.mp4

Norris bullets seem to shake the MaxTac AV.
https://i.imgur.com/hl4fBoy.mp4

MaxTac upload a cyberdeamon into Norris head, giving them the time to attack him. Norris's bullets fail to harm the MAxTac member even at point blank, while Norris is finished off.
https://i.imgur.com/WkKas7d.mp4

Now for the first counter argument; people in Edgerunners don't take cover and fight in the open. Although there are several people in this first fight out in the open, many of them are behind cover. At the start of the fight, many of the NYPD officers are taken by surprise and so try to shoot Norris right then and there. As the showdown goes on, more of them take to cover (with one cop waiting for Norris to run out of ammo so he can shoot). One brave cop tries rushing Norris, to ill effect.
Z4xIIRn.png

D5Qi8Yk.png

lJ8aQAS.png
One final note on this fight scene; we see MaxTac has an AV (Aerodyne).
5LVCJGx.png
We see several Trauma Team AVs heading to a burning building (AVs fly via vents rather than gravity manipulation).
1eNPTgd.png

eVcVEWd.png
We see a Buddhist Monk who has cyberware (monks are among the few folk in Night City who don't have implants for religious reasons, although its possible he gained them and then converted, or it was forced upon him like the Losing My Religion mission).
9gVFDBd.png
Katsuo is able to move fast when punching David.

Katsuo is equip with the Strongarms 400, as well as kungfu chipware (which going off the RPs, only increases ones skills to low levels).
FlmFmn7.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 2: Like A Boy

Frederic Lavabre pressured Nagato Arasaka with measures drawn from the EU Tariff Policy. Who either of these peple are I unfortunately don't know, and couldn't find any reference to them (Nagato is obviously a member of the Arasaka dynasty).
hDz9YsH.png

GTK5zWg.png

ulE7rby.png
David gets Norris' Sandevistan implanted into him, and easily beats up Katsuo, sending him flying into glass with enough force to break it (although he still hurts his hand, as he hasn't had implants for the rest of his body yet).

Lucy escapes on a hospital bed with David, and is able to bring it to a break with her foot (this is the moment David falls in love with Lucy; also on that note, they're technically in a tunnel of love).

There's a DTR cargo ship in the sky.
e3BMzY5.png
DTR cargo ships can also be seen in the game (and the TTRPG). Despite the name, they have no connections with the DTRs from Kill La Kill (DTR stands for Decker, Tanaka & Rogers in this case). How these massive machines fly I am unsure.

dSMzzBU.png

YStrlOc.png

6odWVJL.jpg

8nMGlKo.jpg
David fires up the Sandevistan 8 times in one day, which not even a fully grown man would be able to handle.
Ripperdoc: How many times you fired up?

David Martinez: Six. No, maybe eight.

Ripperdoc: Jesus Henry Christ. Grown-ass man couldn't take that punishment.
David's ripperdoc warns David only to activate the Sandevistan 2 or 3 times a day; evenn if his body can handle it his brain can't.
Ripperdoc: Still can't quite believe you fired that thing up eight times in one goddamn day. You're either a total masochist or... Listen close, Davey. Two a day, no more. Three maybe, but that's the max. No bullshit. Even if your body can take it, that egghead of yours sure can't. Keep fucking around and that implant gonna scramble ya brain.

David Martinez: You're saying a single implant could make me a cyberpsycho? Is that even possible? Never heard of that happenin' before.

Ripperdoc: Well, Davey, guess you just heard it from me, didn't ya?
Being able to get cyberpsychosis from a single implant is, infact, the most common form of the illness (with something like a liver or knee implant). And rather than going out in a final gunfight with MaxTac with a Sandevistan, most will lock themselves away (figuratively as well as mentally). You can even meet a man with a tragic fate in 2077 like this (Willian Hare).
Not all cyberpsychos are known war veterans or former mercenaries equipped with Sandevistan reflex tech. Not all will go out in a blaze of gunfire with MaxTac. Many cyberpsychos in our world possess only a single implant; a knee, a liver. They are unseen, unnoticed. They lock themselves up and shut out their friends, colleagues, and loved ones. The world outside of the Net and their delusions has disappeared from conscious thought. They are sick and alone - and no is doing a thing about it.
David and Lucy drink Broseph, a drink you can get in 2077 (abet of a different type it seems). Brosph Brewing Co. was established in 2042.
NafU0AT.png

Lucy and David drink virtual Gravity Free Bubbly in the Moon braindance.
QSPTq2y.png
This is the first time we hear the ending theme; Let You Down. During the credits, we see Lucy and the Moon, a reference not only to her fate but the tarot card The Moon.

L7c4oGa.png
xFAihj7.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 3: Smooth Criminal

Maine can easily pick David up by his leg.
Qa5nWzM.png
David uses the Sandevistan a total of 10 times that day.
David Martinez: That makes nine today... No way. It's actually ten.

The Villefort Alvarado V4F 570 can travel at speeds of up to 152 mile per hour (over 244km/h, or 67.95008m/s).
S1MrBrq.png
This car appears in 2077.

Uploading cyberdeamons and phone subtitles are very similar to how they appear in 2077.
yITkwsQ.png
This gig starts at Jacked and Coke, a bar we can also visit in 2077.
OwAYfKd.png

Maxim tries to shoot at David, but his car has bullet proof glass.

A Tyger Claw runs into a car with enough force to lift it into the air and send it into another car and survives.

Lucy uses her monowires to cut through the surviving Tyger Claw gangsters arm and his sword.

Monowires can bear loads of up to 3000 lbs (or 1360.77711kg).
Kendachi Monowire
A weapon as discreet as it is deadly. Made for those who desire power but have no urge to flaunt it, this molecule-thin blade is manufactured by our teams of expect engineers in our state-of-art orbital facility. The Monowire can bear loads of up to 3,000 lbs and slices through armorweaves like butter-flavored scopspread. Rumor is, many officials at the Zurich Convention wanted this weapon banned and off the market. Now if that's not high praise, we don't know what is!
Maine shoots the Tyger Claw and eviscerates him into bloody pieces.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 4: Lucky You

A lot of good feats in this one. Unfortunatly, a lot are NNSFW, so posting them is hard. Dorio whacks Maine with enough force to draw blood
qy4kVZf.png

iz4Hz2V.png

Rogue makes a cameo at the Afterlife (as does Claire Russel).
22UycsQ.png

xrpggBq.png
Lucy once zapped Pilar lightly when he was getting too grabby.
C3zsLsK.png
4SKKm6o.png
David saves Rebecca from Maelstrom at speeds faster than the eye can see.

Maine jumps on top of a crate to yell at a peeing cyberpsycho, who blows his head right off. Maine ends up punching the cyberpsychos head right off.

The cyberpsycho who kills Pilar causes a huge explosion with a fired rocket, and Maine pushes David out of the way of this rocket after its been fired. The rocket also moves slowly with the Sandevistan activated.

Lucy hacks the cyberpsycho with a Overheat hack, who retaliates with blowingn a big hole in the crate.

The damage done to the crate (which is made of metal and has walls that appear to be a few inches thick).
cnSNfzP.png

cnSNfzP.png

What do you know, Dorio and Kiwi take cover, as does Lucy.
eyV1og1.png

PtP9z1L.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
As a note, I hope to edit in more gifs as I get a hold of them. In other news, away from the dark dystopia of Night City, more news on the Delicious in Dungen anime has finally been announced! The first trailer (ignoring the trailer Trigger did for the manga) will be released on the 25th of May! We will also find out the Japanese voice actors for Laios and his party.

I also have another Trigger related book in the mail, but it may be some time before I disclose it to you all...

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 5: All Eyez On Me

David was a straight-A student.
Kiwi: Bona-fide Arasaka Academy dropout. Straight A student when he was.
Jimmy Kurosaki sends out an EMP that messes with everyones minds (some people more than others, like David and Maine who were at ground zero and Kiwi being a netrunner being affected more than Dorio, who still felt it).
Dorio: What did that creep fire off back there?

Lucy: Some kind of EMP I think.

Dorio: Hit Kiwi pretty hard. It's weird, ringed my bell too but just for a quick minute.

Lucy: Wide range and it targets neural implants. Designed to neutralize runners clearly.
In Kurosaki's custom XBD, you see the first cop Norris murdered, as this was made wit Norris' memories.
Ro5dXkx.png
Dorio punches a metal door off its hinges with enough force to bend it.
05b075ac579e478c84f3c4c8f9c7830f.gif

Jimmy has custom-made bullet proof drones.
f0KIMUI.png

KvU232J.png
We see what it looks like seeing David move with the Sandevistan in real time, as he blurs around. However, he trips over.
bda45d4523be4610bad3e45889927e7b.gif

To compare with the games, we see multiple enemies with sandervistan implants can seem like they disappeared.

View: https://youtu.be/lRI-j_pWRQI?t=51

View: https://youtu.be/KqwQDMP3Vt0?t=131
James Norris took out 27 people, and Kurosaki comments that not everyone can go toe-to-toe with a Psycho Squad.
Jimmy Kurosaki: Your sandevistan, do you know wore it originally? James Norris, that's who. All in all, Norris mowed down 27 people. But there where MaxTac finally put an end to his killing streak. Yes. Take my word. It's not often you find someone who can go toe-to-toe with a Psycho Squad.
Delamain makes a cameo.
nkoCPxI.png
Tanaka is able to fight against Maine.
17e9adb98e964513a1552e3bf572bcce.gif

Maine punches Tanaka into the metal floor hard enough to drive him into it.

Kurosaki was noted to be a gonk for not getting out of the way of Tanaka's nails and just standing there.
iwojcOr.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 6: Girl On Fire

This epsiode has a lot of good feats, but also a good amount of nudity and gore, so I'll work in as much as I can around that. Still, be warned...
David runs across a carpark in less than a second while carrying Lucy.

Maine shoots at Dorio, who dodges out of the way, and the shelf she was standing on is blown to pieces.

Maine breaks his chains and swings it, and the force of it tears three men apart.

Maine uses his rocket to destroy the top half of a NCPD officer and make a small crater innn cement.

A MaxTac squad member kicks a door off its hinges.
1cy0RWt.gif

Maine ends his life and gives Dorio a burial by exploding many explosive canisters. David with the sandevistan activated sees all of this in slow motion, and is able to outrun the explosion.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 7: Stronger

Only a few feats (but quite good feats) and lots of lore this episode. David says that a Lexington won't even dent Maelstrom steel.
1HpvHw3.png

YFxSTTG.png

UYRhFLi.png
Kiwi hacks dozens of Maelstrom gangsters and causes them to short circuit. She does all of this with millisecond precisions.
IicNoHU.png

pLHbMbj.png
Wakako makes a cameo (abet only in voice), and says she's impressed with David.
kia8vu2.png
David fights a huge goliath-like Maelstrom brute, who carries and swings an enormous hammer with enough force to shatter the metal floor. The thug seems to react to David even with the sandevistan activated (given the sandevistan flash, likely because he has a sandevistan of his own, that or he's just super fast). David however is much more agile and jumps over him and blows his brains out. We then see the whole sequence in real time.
gpgTlpO.gif

kDvC0sI.gif

AawGgCB.gif
Doc tells David about the legendary Adam Smasher, whom David says is just an urban myth.
Doc: Ha! Makes you Adam Smasher 2.0, choom.

David Martinez: Adam who?

Doc: Christ. All this time and you're still a fucking newb. Adam Smasher. Name to know.To some, a hero of the 4th Corporate War, to others, a fully cyborged boogeyman, a walking nightmare. But to all, a living legend, skinny one.

David Martinez: What kind of legend?

Doc: The kind that fills graveyards on Arasaka's orders.

David Martinez: An urban myth, that's all.
Lucy refers to Arasaka as the most powerful mega-corp in the world.
Lucy Kushinada: "We'll serve the world's most powerful megacorp one day."
The Old Net was shattered over 50 years ago by the greatest hacker who ever lived; Richmond Bartmoss.
Lucy Kushinada: One day, training was done. We expected corp assignments the world over. Instead, they moved us underground. And day in, day out, they forced us to dive. Old Net's where they sent us.

David Martinez: Wait. The Old Net? But I thought that whole system collapsed something like 50 years ago, didn't it?

Lucy Kushinada:
Brought down by history's greatest netrunner, creator of daemons. He was a true savant, super hacker, legend Rache Bartmoss.

David Martinez:
Oh, shit, yeah. That guy corrupted like 78 percent of the global net in single day.

Lucy Kushinada: Hm-mmm. DataCrash virus shattered cyberspace. Broke the Net into a scattered mosaic of isolated local nets. Connection severed, data lost. It was chaos.
Lucy and the other children were sent into this deadly cyberspace, but whenever they found anything they were attacked by rogue AIs, which took out their minds (thereby killing them).
Lucy Kushinada: But whenever we uncovered any rare data cache...Rogue AIs would find us and swarm. We were picked off one by one. More empty chairs after each dive. And my hope, each dive would be my last. Wasn't long before there were only a handful of us left.
Lucy and the other surviving children take out the Arasaka tech staff with the hacking skills they taught them.
Lucy Kushinada: Wasn't long before there were only a handful of us left. We were chasing someone else's dream, throwing down our lives to do it. So we realized, "If we're goners, why not die chasing our own dream?" The tech staff didn't stand a chance. Not in the face of the skills they'd taught us.
Lucy wakes up in a trashyard (similar to V; infact it's likely it's the same trash yard).
pPI0aa0.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 8: Stay

Arasaka looks over several fixers of Night City, including Faraday, Regina Jones, Sebastian Ibarra, Dakota Smith, Wakako Okada and Cormac (Regina, Sebastian, Dakota and Wakako all appeared in 2077). Most noticeable is the inclusion of Cormac, who didn't even appear in the game, but is currently an exclusive to the comics.
5syfr5g.png
Militech and Faraday know about the cyberskeleton, and Arasaka see the cyberskeleton as market-game changer.
4vfjCzn.png

9YPiJ8B.png

l8FLGtj.png

4QSKF5v.png

EYLZ08Q.png
The cyberskeleton is a delicate topic, even within Arasaka.
tcBbaYa.png

pz8QJWV.png
Rebecca blasts some thugs (who seem to be members of the Animals given how muscular they are) in half and blasts a segment trunk of a palm tree to splinters (effectively bringing it down).
M8Y0qBS.gif
David and Rebecca kill many gang members. A wounded one throws a grenade, which David shoots out of the air.
nqJjHnI.gif
Rebecca shoots a gang member which not only launches her body into the air, but keeps the body in the air by shooting it.
w5JU59e.gif
Lucy tries to use her monowire to cut the netrunners head off, but their skin is made of chrome. Kiwi then hacks her.
9sgyoYQ.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Episode 9: Humanity

David with the sandevistan moves at such fast speeds that bullets appear to be frozen next to him.

Rebeca throws a mine onto the Arasaka armored truck, and David drives into it to trigger an explosion, and then escapes with the sandevistan just as the mine is detonated.

David races against a rocket propelled grapple cable, taking it around and driving it into a rock (abet with effort) so as to flip the Arasaka armored truck.

The two remaining Arasaka convoy vehicles are blasted and sent flying by Militech.
https://i.imgur.com/p8dP0nP.mp4

The Militech battalion that came for the cyberskeleton consists of dozens of vehicles, including a Basilisk (hover tank) and a missile carrier.
bKYPcII.png

JbAF8aD.png

Ge7ELKd.png
Lucy uses her monowire to swing from different buildings like Spiderman (although this destroys whatever she's swinging from).

The Militech battalion unleashes a massive bombardment.

Militech missile explosion compared with the crashed Arasaka truck.
Cg3e0kS.png
Arasaka believes that they can overtake Militech's market share in the arms trade with the cyberskeleton in mass production.
Kiwi: Far as I know, Arasaka thinks they can overtake Militech's market share in the arms trade. But this in mass production.
The cyberskeleton has AV to move around at great speeds, and can manipulate gravity and magnetic fields.
Kiwi: Comes with two compact AV thrusters built in. Same kind you get on an AV. On top of that, Arasaka engineered in a gravity modification prototype. It can generate unidirectional grav fields, magnetic forces, too.
David uses his sandevistan and uses his super strength to send a bunch of Militech armored vehicles flying.
zFnoSE7.gif
Militech tries to ram David with two Behemoths (Militech armored trucks), but he dodges out of the way. David then uses the cyberskeleton to crush the Militech Behemoths into the ground.
v3H0s6o.gif

t0BLxtm.gif
David uses the cyberskeleton against the Basilisk, the missile carriers and several soldiers (as well as using the sandevistan to move at blinding speeds).
cpqumWp.gif
Now, to address the argument that gravity manipulation 'breaks the setting' in regards to the world of Cyberpunk. Chances are that gravity manipulating technology already is shown to exist. In the worst ending of 2077, V is taken to a top secret Arasaka space station where people are able to walk around just fine.

Compare this to the Crystal Palace ending, where there's still no gravity.

What's more, we actually see what looks like anti-gravity tech in the TTRPG, with special hovering rings.
OccPOND.png
And of course, there are the aforementioned DTR airships, one of which appears in this episode (as well as a Basilisk, as mentioned above).
MliNwma.png

Back