• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

Proto234

Distinguished
Nasu never stated at all the game was rendered non-canon and explicitly placed the Remake 10 years ahead of the Original on purpose precisely to avoid that.

It also will make him not keep secrets at all and blab no matter what...
Tbf, it's not like Canon as a concept exist in Japanese language (they only have Official and non-official aka doujin) so doubt Nasu will state OG as non-canon.
Still, the fact that from now on remake will be used as foundation for Tsukihime verse is what makes me skeptical about OG since it seems OG won't be developed from now on.
Also, isn't the reason Nasu placed remake ahead of original is because he wants to make a more modern setting?

I don't think Astolfo's inability to keep secret will hinder him in battle.

Tbf, it's not like Canon as a concept exist in Japanese language (they only have Official and non-official aka doujin) so doubt Nasu will state OG as non-canon.

Yeah, Qing told me that before. It's honestly just an American thing about caring about "canon" so much and if an author is behind it or not. The Japanese don't really care about that and as long as the work is made and the author didn't throw it out, it's canon.

Still, the fact that from now on remake will be used as foundation for Tsukihime verse is what makes me skeptical about OG since it seems OG won't be developed from now on.

That's the problem: From Nasu's perspective, he's using the OG for Remake's foundations to the point Vlov was only made the DAA antagonist was due to him not wanting to waste Nvrsqr like that.
The Remake does have new foundations that need to be taken into consideration(The Luminary Mode for TAs and Arcueid in particular, The Idea Blood which is what allow DAA's to have their own version of an Authority, and the various things we do get from Type-Lumina on that side) but there's a difference between that and believing the OG is non-canon.

Also, isn't the reason Nasu placed remake ahead of original is because he wants to make a more modern setting?

That is the reason but I'm pretty sure is to avoid the mess NA Nasuverse fans are making now.

I don't think Astolfo's inability to keep secret will hinder him in battle.

As Cross stated, it will hinder his abilities in terms of using his NPs properly.

I'm gonna go finish the Super Orion part today(and include the Aegis Eclipse because there's nowhere else I can put it)
But onto Mahoyo(I know it got a translated name now, I'm just too used to Mahoyo), I'm at the part where we see that Soujyrou(God that's gonna be hard to type...) ultimately say Aoko and Alice do some Mage shit in the park(though he doesn't know it's them).

I'm honestly beginning to like Tobimaru due to his hilarious nature of being a kid on "privilege" that only extends to just the school he's in and that's it.
EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to bring these up.
Goddamn does Touko look good(Yeah, I already know what happens) and Soujyuro's Spider-Sense fucking exploded the instant they made eye contact... good way to show how huge of a threat she is(Also made me believe she committed the "murder" he talked to Tobimaru before.)

Aoko seething so hard over a misunderstanding will never get old to me now.

Last edited:

Proto234

Distinguished
But onto Mahoyo(I know it got a translated name now, I'm just too used to Mahoyo), I'm at the part where we see that Soujyrou(God that's gonna be hard to type...) ultimately say Aoko and Alice do some Mage shit in the park(though he doesn't know it's them).
Just use his family name that's easier to type

Just use his family name that's easier to type

It is but I usually forget somehow worse than his first name...
Even though I know it's Sizuki, I think of Kuzuki and instead think of it as Suzuki or Shizuki.
Fucking reflex :skully

Now speaking of, finished another 2 Chapters, one where Alice and Aoko found out that Sizuki did spy on them and when Aoko planned on killing them.
I can legit see why @Type-Rey and others like Mahoyo so much...
It really does feel like Kinoko Nasu at his peak and while I went through Camelot and Babylonia, you can really tell he gives alot of life to Misaki City and legit makes it like you really do live there, even for the Amusement Park that was only active for 5 years.
The motions of the scenes also give it a real level of actual grit you can't see in F/SN and only see bits of when it came to Hollow Axtraxia.
Like legit, the Aoko Puppet was absolutely fucking creepy and I was surprised over how much discomfort I got from it due to those scenes.
But what surprises me most was I thought Alice aiming to off Sizuki and Aoko was gonna happen later, not immediately after. Hell, the story did a damn good job in bringing up that despite living in the same house, they never saw eye-to-eye and would kill each other(and damn near tried) if they had the chance because... that's the life of a Mage.

I know Fate/Stay Night brought it up but as Witch On The Holy Night is Nasu's first work, it really does put into perspective that Mages really do live on the precipice of death(Which is why it's expected and even encouraged for Mages to kill each other as they should stay out of their way) and that innocents should not be involved unless they witnessed your shit.

When I'm done doing what I'm doing tomorrow, I'll do another 2 Chapters.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Eh, Aoko and Alice are friends though, and as per usual with these kinds of Nasu characters, they secretly have their soft spots, so it's likely that they didn't really try to kill each other .

Especially when we're told that fucking with Alice's things is a big no no and Aoko destroyed one of her Great Ploys .

Tho they also say that they're pretty much destined to kill each other because of Magic, assuming Alice will awaken the First at some point and assuming we're ever going to live long enough to see a sequel .

Eh, Aoko and Alice are friends though, and as per usual with these kinds of Nasu characters, they secretly have their soft spots, so it's likely that they didn't really try to kill each other .

Especially when we're told that fucking with Alice's things is a big no no and Aoko destroyed one of her Great Ploys .

Tho they also say that they're pretty much destined to kill each other because of Magic, assuming Alice will awaken the First at some point and assuming we're ever going to live long enough to see a sequel .

Well I haven't hit that part of the story yet but yeah, I can see that being the case considering this isn't the first time we've seen a relationship like this in the overall series before.
But I did forget that you did mention Alice is capable of reaching the First Magic so that also does make more sense as well.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
It's not the same type of story, so it's hard to compare.

Mahoyo is pretty self contained and it follows a way smaller cast of characters as opposed to any FGO story chapter which fits into the larger narative.

Depends what you prefer really .

That being said, Mahoyo is not restricted by the shitty gacha mobile medium , so it's pretty much better by default . :hestonpls

So for those who played Mahoyo, how good the story is when compared to LB6?

Well I haven't played Lostbelt 6 and even then, it wouldn't be comparable anyway. Mahoyo is meant to be self-contained and even a sequel wouldn't change that.

Lostbelt 6 is a long ass story that's further connected by the past stories before it.

They still are full of their "Nasu-isms" regardless(His love of going into detail about the areas, the people, the customs, etc. to ultimately build up that World and to the inevitable confrontations that happen there or build up the characters themselves by relating to it).

But yeah, you only get to buy Mahoyo atleast once for $40, $60 if you want the Deluxe Edition where you get more access to artwork and otherwise.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

5th Grail War Servants reuploaded sans Gilgamesh, because fuck breaking apart 210K in characters between an 80K character post limit right now (which needs to be done in such a way that lets me edit in anime shit later when I can ever bother) :skully

Not sure what to do with Hollow Ataraxia. I realistically don't have the time to comb through it to get the shit again. :hm

If nothing else, my descriptions were essentially as close to verbatim as I could manage IIRC, so it only really harms it as a functional resource outside of here.

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
question for the nasu geeks

in the pl scale, how would you rank chars like araya souren and fgo daybit?

question for the nasu geeks

in the pl scale, how would you rank chars like araya souren and fgo daybit?

Daybit Sem Void hasn't done anything truly major yet that we can get an idea where his power is at outside of being an accomplished Mage.

Araya Souren should be really up there for Humans due to beating Shiki Ryougi like she owes him money and needing to break out the Katana.
The difference between Ryougi with a Knife and one with a Katana is.... vast:
Kara no Kyoukai - Chapter 5: “Paradox Spiral” Movies Q & A Pamphlets
Q: How big is the difference in strength between Shiki when she's wielding a katana, and Shiki when she's wielding a knife? <Seiya>

Nasu:
The difference is enough that if there was a Rakkyo Warriors game, Katana Shiki would be the player and Knife Shiki would be the opponent.
Takeuchi: Amazing!! Umm… It is amazing, right?
Nasu: Let's take the fight scene from the middle of Chapter 5 as a convenient example. In this scenario, Shiki would be "Katana Shiki", and all the apartment residents would be "Knife Shiki".

And Knife Shiki can deal with TATARI created beings pretty easy herself which shows just how huge that difference is. Hilariously, her skill with the Katana is on the same level as Taiga Fujimura, whose actually really good at it, Olympics level good. Just too bad Artoria is beyond Humanity itself in terms of skill with a blade though...

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Think of Araya as on the level of Kishima Kouma (can fight Servants and handle having a B ranked Noble Phantasm chucked at him and still win) and Nrvnqsr Chaos. If you don’t have bullshit eyes like Ryougi, odds are his weaponized bounded fields are going to fuck you up.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Even ryougi took time to adapt to him because lol Buddha bones, which just reinforces the Buddhas/Boddhis being on some serious shit. Just a nice little consistency nod that's been there since KnK even if it's not the greatest of showings.

and yeah if you don't have mystic eyes like Fujino's or some shit that lets you get through the stillness field completely (gae bolg since it's a sure hit) then araya's going to run train over you.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Think something like Red Vermillion Akiha can brute force his bounded fields too IIRC? It was another accolade from that theoretical mock fighting game that also directly compared Kouma, Araya, and Chaos

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Akiha can probably neg his bounded field because her compatibility with his would be bullshit

If I'm not mistaken Crimson red lets her sap energy from beings so she could theoretically just take all the fuel in his tank so he can't deploy it.

If I remember my KnK right it was the combo of Araya's Origin+Bounded field that made it stupid hard to destroy/get rid of, since they both complemented each other.

Think something like Red Vermillion Akiha can brute force his bounded fields too IIRC? It was another accolade from that theoretical mock fighting game that also directly compared Kouma, Araya, and Chaos

I have heard that Ushiwakamaru's story mode in Type-Lumina ends with her failing to get Ahika to fight at full power... but I'm not sure how far that actually goes due to the constant localization issues in that game and if it was more of "It sucks I can't fight you at full power as you would go completely insane" deal like it is in OG Tsukihime.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I have heard that Ushiwakamaru's story mode in Type-Lumina ends with her failing to get Ahika to fight at full power... but I'm not sure how far that actually goes due to the constant localization issues in that game and if it was more of "It sucks I can't fight you at full power as you would go completely insane" deal like it is in OG Tsukihime.
That’s weird given the power of her NP is definitely in excess of average and Akiha isn’t exactly beyond Ciel :hm
Akiha can probably neg his bounded field because her compatibility with his would be bullshit
Probably, but I like having the explicit clarification on her raw power given her route was substantially more underwhelming in overt threat. Manga did give her that fight with Ciel, but Melty Blood contradicted the notion Ciel would struggle that much. Shit, Tohno’s considered the superior combatant and he’s firmly beneath Ciel too. Mind you, this probably wasn’t considering Red Vermillion.

If nothing else, her Melty Blood manga speed feat is at least notable enough.
If I'm not mistaken Crimson red lets her sap energy from beings so she could theoretically just take all the fuel in his tank so he can't deploy it.
That’s about the long and short of it IIRC.
If I remember my KnK right it was the combo of Araya's Origin+Bounded field that made it stupid hard to destroy/get rid of, since they both complemented each other.
Think so, but my KnK is comparatively rough. The novels need a better and complete translation.

Back