• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
There's like three big fights overall so, Mahoyo is a little weak in this aspect.

It wouldn't necessarily be a problem but the way they are structured throught the story kinda messes with pacing.

That's one of the few issues i have with it, and it is mitigated by the quality . They very much went with quality over quantity .
Gonna guess Aoko vs Alice, Aoko/Alice/Soujyuro vs Lugh, and Aoko vs Touko? :hm

Pacing was pretty weird. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed chapter 5, but it was hilariously long compared to the rest of them before it.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Gonna guess Aoko vs Alice, Aoko/Alice/Soujyuro vs Lugh, and Aoko vs Touko?
The last two are kind of crammed into one extended one so i consider it as one.
It's Aoko vs Alice
Shizuki vs Beo + Aoko vs Touko
and in case you give a shit about spoilers ...
Alice vs Touko

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed chapter 5, but it was hilariously long compared to the rest of them before it.
Yeah that's the thing.

It's one big fight at the begining, than a pretty long middle part where there are only minor conflicts and towards the end they kinda shove in the other big two.

It's even more off if you read the extra chapters in between the main chapters.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

Not too bad in terms of progress in reuploading shit now :hm

Guess I need to catch up with Strange Fake now

Strange Fake finally has some decent stuff for Enkidu and Theia since they had their battle as well with the Prelatis and another showcase of their illusion capabilities.

I haven't been keeping up due to other things but there's that.

The Rin stuff from Case Files fully translated too?

Not sure exactly but you can see if it is.

Dunno how long I'm going to feel like doing this shit. It goes in cycles with me.

Understandable, just do what you feel like, I gotta basically go and continue on with LB5 as a whole myself.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Strange Fake finally has some decent stuff for Enkidu and Theia since they had their battle as well with the Prelatis and another showcase of their illusion capabilities.
Luckily it’s all pretty short. I used to eat through million word fanfiction trash in my late teens, less than 100K a book is nothing :skully

This is probably why Nasu isn’t too daunting to get through tbh :hm
Not sure exactly but you can see if it is.
Well, I’m at least pleased to note everything but Vol 5 of Case Files was completed. Been wanting to read them.
Understandable, just do what you feel like, I gotta basically go and continue on with LB5 as a whole myself.
Think I’ll at least record important shit from HA with Bandicam like I did Sparks Liner High. The YouTube links may be dead, but I was thorough enough to label where each fight came from by scene title. I’d at least like Angra Mainyu and Bazett not just be me talking to myself. Anything else with EMIYA, Artoria, and Herakles is another priority as they’re the main pivots for powerscaling anyway.

Luckily it’s all pretty short. I used to eat through million word fanfiction trash in my late teens, less than 100K a book is nothing :skully

This is probably why Nasu isn’t too daunting to get through tbh :hm

True. I surprisingly found Witch On The Holy Night too short and went by a hell of alot faster than I thought but I still haven't finished it(I'm at when Alice confronts Aoko on not killing Sizuki like she promised) or the fact that there are literal extra chapters(Seriously Rey saying that blew my mind because all I was doing was just pressing Continue :russ)

Well, I’m at least pleased to note everything but Vol 5 of Case Files was completed. Been wanting to read them.

I need to get started on that myself. Good shit for Rin and Ergo be looking pretty beast.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
True. I surprisingly found Witch On The Holy Night too short and went by a hell of alot faster than I thought but I still haven't finished it(I'm at when Alice confronts Aoko on not killing Sizuki like she promised)
Kitsy Land? The whole set up with Flat Snark was great.
or the fact that there are literal extra chapters(Seriously Rey saying that blew my mind because all I was doing was just pressing Continue :russ)
Don't believe in exploring the menu, eh? :maybe
I need to get started on that myself. Good shit for Rin and Ergo be looking pretty beast.
Sounds like Rin adopted some of Shirou's mentality on top of becoming a pirate? Sounds like an interesting character direction.

Do want to see Shirou interact with Grey though. Also, would be cool to see Touko drag Ryougi into this given both Mikiya and Mana make an appearance too. Would feel a bit like a waste to not have at least some of this kind of fan servicey bullshit occur.

Kitsy Land? The whole set up with Flat Snark was great.

I only saw bits of that with the fan translated version way back when, so it's nice to actually see it in it's full glory.

Don't believe in exploring the menu, eh? :maybe

I thought it was gonna show everything so I'm surprised that it didn't.

Sounds like Rin adopted some of Shirou's mentality on top of becoming a pirate? Sounds like an interesting character direction.

Do want to see Shirou interact with Grey though. Also, would be cool to see Touko drag Ryougi into this given both Mikiya and Mana make an appearance too. Would feel a bit like a waste to not have at least some of this kind of fan servicey bullshit occur.

True, that's definitely something I want to see too.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I only saw bits of that with the fan translated version way back when, so it's nice to actually see it in it's full glory.
And that's basically just a fight between friends.

I get that he needs to play the mystery magus assaulting their land like it isn't obviously Touko for the sake of continuity, but it's funny to watch them wonder who the fuck is attacking them when the answer is obvious even in passing.
I thought it was gonna show everything so I'm surprised that it didn't.
Nasu' VN tend to have extra shit in the menus, explore them.

Else you'd be missing Aoko bringing down a criminal religious cult selling illegal poor quality down quilts to the elderly with the aid of a violent nun, carrot top, Tobimaru, and the Misaki HS cheer squad.

All because she thought Soujyuro got roped into a pyramid scheme at his newest part time job.

I get the impression Nasu just wanted to write all the genres this time around
True, that's definitely something I want to see too.
Feels like a no brainer to include at least some of that.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

I get that he needs to play the mystery magus assaulting their land like it isn't obviously Touko for the sake of continuity, but it's funny to watch them wonder who the fuck is attacking them when the answer is obvious even in passing.

Else you'd be missing Aoko bringing down a criminal religious cult selling illegal poor quality down quilts to the elderly with the aid of a violent nun, carrot top, Tobimaru, and the Misaki HS cheer squad.

All because she thought Soujyuro got roped into a pyramid scheme at his newest part time job.

Feels like a no brainer to include at least some of that.
:rock

Yeah, even if this was Nasu's actual first made Novel, it's pretty certain it would be Touko after how he all but stated in other series how much Touko hated Aoko's very existence in taking the Head of the Family role away from her.

LMFAO, Aoko having even more adventures than what we've seen aye?

That's just typical Nasu shit there. What we see may be a defining point of the characters' lives... but it's not extraordinary for them... it's just Tuesday.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed

That's not in Case Files.

It's from the sequel, the Adventures of Lord El Melloi

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
> People on the subreddit talking about how Gun God turned a TYPE into a waifu by shooting it so it can totally happen to ORT

That's.....not actually what happened, right? :hm

Like the Type he interacts with who looks like a girl did that to herself for some reason or something, didn't she?

Back