• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
> Iori kills Musashi in one vs one battle to the death
> learns to do Tsubame Gaeshi with two swords for double the ass rape
> Fights on par with Takeru and makes him get Kusanagi out of its Divine Water sheath
> People are like... Iori ain't Servant lvl :tiredpepe
From what I saw the game seems to very heavily all but say he breached "Zero" and partially "Infinity" with the double TS. Also interesting to see that they kinda went the Soujuurou route for him in the bad ending. Normal society weakens iori and all he wants is an endless battlefield to keep sharpening his blades.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
From what I saw the game seems to very heavily all but say he breached "Zero" and partially "Infinity" with the double TS. Also interesting to see that they kinda went the Soujuurou route for him in the bad ending. Normal society weakens iori and all he wants is an endless battlefield to keep sharpening his blades.

Yeah, i've seen people linking this with FGO as in Musashi got salty that she lost which finally made her reach that shit and beyond in FGO which isn't confirmed, but it would be a nice link to FGO .

As for Iori, yeah, it's honestly one of the interesting aspects about the story . In the bad end, he straight up wants to keep the HG vessel so that he can keep fighting and that's why Takeru fights him . It's cool that in a way, it's a reversal of their roles at the begining since Takeru didn't give a shit about mowing down the city or randos whilst Yori did and as the story goes on, Takeru comes to appreciate peaceful life while for Iori , once he becomes accustomed to constant fighting, it gets harder and harder to ignore his true nature until the end where he doesn't give a crap anymore . He flat out states that the reason he is nice to people is not because he's a good person, but becomes he wants to understand people so that he can cut them down better. It's also why one of the begining quotes is "Iori, you've been born in the wrong age" , which is a pretty great start for a story and i wish they would have done more with it.

As for the Soujorou similarity, Nasu flat out stated in an interview for SR that the more far removed people are from society and accustomed to conflict, the stronger they are while the viceversa applies , at this point it's part of the lore. If you want gains, go train in the mountains.
"
4Gamer: Where is the turning point in Fate's history of Japan where people stop being overpowered with their physical living bodies? I remember my "Holy crap, the Genji are strong!" moment in FGO.

Nasu: It's difficult to pinpoint a specific turning point, but the fact is that the strength of the individual is inversely proportional to the progress of civilization. But that's established in our lore as "freaks continue to be born in places that remain strongly arcane". I can see the Edo Period being a point in time when the number of superhumans started decreasing, but it's also an era where people relied only on their human strengths to do things we do nowadays with the help of technology, so I imagine there were still quite a few amazing individuals there.

Sakurai: The Edo postmen and the Ise pilgrims were pretty amazing.

Nasu: Compared to the specs of ordinary men, yes. The toughness of their legs would be considered monstrous by today's standards.

Sakurai: Speaking of legs, at the end of each main story scene, Iori says "I suppose we go back to Asakusa now" and casually walks considerable distances. We see these kinds of depictions all the time in period pieces, and while I know it's fictional, it's still impressive.

Nasu: It's easy to notice the insanity of it when you live in Tokyo (laughs)."

Last edited:

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
That's neat that he actually addressed it since it's not an isolated case with Sou anymore. Nanayas, Shizuki, Kishimas, all NEET families that live in bumfuck nowhere and just get swole killing the supernatural :skully

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
That's neat that he actually addressed it since it's not an isolated case with Sou anymore. Nanayas, Shizuki, Kishimas, all NEET families that live in bumfuck nowhere and just get swole killing the supernatural :skully

He also stated that Sword Saints like Yagyu ,Musashi...etc and by direct link , Sword Demons like Bad End Iori a.k.a Sword Autism strong are capable of throwing down with Servants even in life which we kinda knew already but it's nice to have direct confirmation

Alright, gonna condense my play time for Samurai Remnant currently and since I got it so late I can't even really get into the major spoiler territory since I'm in Chapter 1 but I'm pretty sure I'm about to be in Chapter 2 so this will just be thoughts on the gameplay mechanics and otherwise thus far:

- The game legit holds your hand pretty freaking hard when it comes to understanding the basic mechanics of a Holy Grail War(or the knockoff of it being the Waxing Moon Ritual and the Holy Grail War Subspecies it is), what Servants are, Magical Energy, Leylines, Spirit Fonts and how they are significant, etc, etc. Like it was stated before release it's basically is the equivalent of first timer for those who want to get into Fate and they are not joking at all.

- Despite me playing on Normal, the game can be surprisingly brutal if you try and play it like Dynasty Warriors... and I genuinely like it. One of my biggest issues with Fate/Extella and Extella Link is that while it carries in alot of the DW charm, it does not have the best ability to handle fighting enemies 1 on 1(Primarily bosses) without basically screwing it up and either being too easy or damn difficult. This game feels far better built for 1 on 1 battles without compromising on the abilities of doing genuinely good crowd control, especially with Iori's moveset and:

- I honestly genuinely love the combat system despite just being at Chapter 1. Iori's Sword Styles are surprisingly straightforward but never feel like "one is superior to the other" and both have their strengths and weaknesses(Earth Style allows you to soak up hits and hit harder but you are slower and don't move around as much, Water Style allows you to go full DW on folks and move like mad during battle but you do less damage and will get smashed in a boss fight if you mash like an idiot). You also have Magecraft spells to use, Saber's(and later Rogue Servants) skills, be able to temporarily switch to Saber(or other Rogue Servants) to have none of the downsides and Affinity Strikes. You also have Riposte's which feels pretty tight to do at the start but reward you greatly for getting them off and the typical DW Special Move for maximum damage.

Like I had the feeling the game comes off Ni-Oh esque but got pulled back and considering Samurai Remnant was almost about to be a punishing Souls-like, I can see why alot of these systems was there in the game to begin with.

Unfortunately, I cannot say anything currently about the story or the characters as I'm just 5 Hours in and only just met "Boss"(Yeah my time schedule is pretty fucked, I plan on changing that) so I'll leave that lie.

Ultimately, I'm enjoying the game thus far and I'll put in my thoughts when I get to Chapter 4 or so as I don't want to drag this stuff out(Especially when I got Archives to do...) but I will say one thing:
It really is funny they mention how Iori was born in the wrong age quite a few times(Primarily by both Old Musashi and FemMusashi) but he still comes off like a Murderhobo like they and Kojiro are to me... I don't know, the Prologue makes him stand against Rider far more than he had any right to and against a whole bunch of shinobi ontop of what he's currently doing now. No, I haven't gotten spoiled by anything outside of an aspect of the Bad Ending(grrrr) and the Servant Names(which was always gonna happen lol) so I'll avoid looking at spoilers(okay I looked accidentally at Rey's post and I only seen one part but that was one that would obviously make some sense for Iori's development) so I won't do that either.

I do agree on that, it's absolutely weird you can't play as any of the other Master/Servant combinations or they had a Free Mode at all.
Again, I ain't that deep into the game but it's pretty weird considering the Servants very much have legit movesets and so does the Masters(From what I can already fathom) which makes it weirder to not include Day 1.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
You do play as pretty much every other Servant/Master if you do the side shit , so it's not like there's a lack of gameplay as the others but a free mode is as basic a feature as you can get in a Musou game , which this is despite having other systems baked into it.

Fuckers either were under time constrains and had to release it like that or they thought they could squeeze a couple more bucks out of people. Whichever one it is, it's shitty .

You do play as pretty much every other Servant/Master if you do the side shit , so it's not like there's a lack of gameplay as the others but a free mode is as basic a feature as you can get in a Musou game , which this is despite having other systems baked into it.

Fuckers either were under time constrains and had to release it like that or they thought they could squeeze a couple more bucks out of people. Whichever one it is, it's shitty .

I honestly could believe either one if that's the case. As someone who knows Omega Force/Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo, they tend to strive for the best they can when it comes to collab works(Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Persona 5 Strikers) but it's Koei Tecmo that are the greedy assholes that tend to basically fuck over everyone's works(Dead or Alive 6 was king of this as Team Ninja tends to make whole new engines for each DOA game... but 6 was different as Koei Tecmo FORCED them to use a modified DW9 Engine because the game bombed... which completely fucked over DOA6).

So I can understand if it was Time Constraints(Especially with the fact that this was supposed to be a Souls-like at first) or it was Koei Tecmo fuckery(because it would not be their first or last time fucking over a development team's work for greed).

Proto234

Distinguished

Tbh, having to release game when some content being cut and added later or in incomplete state is kinda plagued most if not all recent video game anyways. Probably because of shareholder pressure

Look at Cities Skyline 2 for example.

At least they are better than NR when they have the audacity to add freakin Quan Chi and Ermac as DLC even when both of those are already in the base game completely

I honestly could believe either one if that's the case. As someone who knows Omega Force/Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo, they tend to strive for the best they can when it comes to collab works(Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Persona 5 Strikers) but it's Koei Tecmo that are the greedy assholes that tend to basically fuck over everyone's works(Dead or Alive 6 was king of this as Team Ninja tends to make whole new engines for each DOA game... but 6 was different as Koei Tecmo FORCED them to use a modified DW9 Engine because the game bombed... which completely fucked over DOA6).

So I can understand if it was Time Constraints(Especially with the fact that this was supposed to be a Souls-like at first) or it was Koei Tecmo fuckery(because it would not be their first or last time fucking over a development team's work for greed).
Don't forget Three Houses, I still believed that the reason lots of reused map as well as CF route being too short is because of their meddling regarding TH release date.

Shame since I like Edelgard's route the most

Last edited:

Tablos

Preeminent
@Xhominid The Apex here more context :
Typhon remains sealed under Mount Etna since he was defeated by the Olympians after he was poisoned by the Ephemerus fruit, although he was dismembered and chained.
So Nasu Olympians needed to nerf Typhon in order to beat him (also Typhon might be the coolest dragon desing in the series)

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Servant isn't typhon anyway

it's the Ephemera fruit that weakened typhon pretending to be Typhon

Typhon's corpse is still under Mt.Etna and Ephemera wants to reawaken it to fulfill its purpose as an "Anti-Wish granting device"

Servant isn't typhon anyway

it's the Ephemera fruit that weakened typhon pretending to be Typhon

Typhon's corpse is still under Mt.Etna and Ephemera wants to reawaken it to fulfill its purpose as an "Anti-Wish granting device"

Wow, I know we had a City become a Servant but now it's a literal fruit now?(Yeah, I know the Ephemera Fruit is on the same tier as the Fruit that allows the Greek Gods to have temporary Immortality but still) and that fruit basically has some of Typhon's power too? Pretenders be wild lol.

We finally have Keraunos' full Title/Epithet

Thou, The Cosmos-Cleaving Thunderbolt: Keraunos

Okay, now that is an awesome name for it. Nikola Tesla is still livid he can't match the gods no matter how he tries.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I wonder if Typhon will show up as a Beast at some point.

Or some kind of knockoff of a Beast except for the gods instead of humanity somehow.

I see we got Theseus now as well. He was there in Circe's Interlude but without a portrait and just like with Hades, they are going with the characterization that him killing Asterios is what turned him into a villain and him being a Servant... is being a fanboy of Asterios who wants him to become a King.

Apparently, it's a modern thing too that Asterios is a pitiable creature that never had a chance and even Theseus knew what he did was fucked up and isn't proud of it at all.

Back