• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

Unfortunately, I gotta put off the Aphrodite profile since the Server Host debacle is still ongoing and my mood to deal with it is gone, however, I will add in something that's easily missable from Lord El-Melloi Novel, it's something we know of but it clarifies it better:

Clock Tower 2015 said:

The orange magician takes his mobile device out of his pocket and displays a map of Roxthroat.

"Do you use your smartphone!? "(Reinol)

"I use it normally. I used to use a mobile phone a while ago, but I changed the model because this one has more functions. Is it strange? "(Touko)

"Because you don t need it, at your level. You can do what you can do with your smartphone in your head. (Reinol)

Whether it's calculation or communication, the magic circuit can do as much processing as a mobile terminal can do. Civilization has not yet reached the level of eradicating occultism.

Technology has taken over many obligations from humans, but this is still not enough. Magic cannot be overtaken unless humans themselves reach levels that are no longer needed. Therefore, the higher the level of the magician, the more despised or despised the electronic device.

Relying on such things is like professing to be an inexperienced person

For those who are too lazy to read(or can't because of the current Server Host difficulties) TL;DR:
As long as you have Magical Circuits and the better you are as a Mage, the more those can be used to further aid in your calculation's/communications to the point of being akin to it's own terminal and thus, there's no need to use any equivalent electronic devices because a Mage is just better than it(and doing so makes you look inexperienced).

Fate/Extella actually has a moment in the Altera Route which has something similar pop up that's easy to miss(Like it did for me):

TL;DR
Hakuno while searching for Archimedes' method of going to timelines, is assaulted by exabytes of data in a blink of an eye and he states an elite Mage would be able to understand everything in a second.
An Exabyte is currently 1000 with an Exponent of 6(it's an equivalent to 1 Quintillion Bytes or a Billion GB). Using Wikipedia, a single Exabyte is the equivalent of the GLOBAL Monthly Internet Traffic from 2004.

So yeah, it's something we already know about because the Atlas Mages exist(duh) but it's basically an easy way to say that in truth, any Mage can do the same thing and not just Atlas Mages, Atlas Mages can just do even more because they build themselves even more ridiculous than most Mages do(See Sion's insanity for how they tend to do it).

Vel

Pronouns
He/Him
Having noticed the spike in Enkidu’s magical energy, Berserker reached out for Enkidu despite Saber’s Noble Phantasm knocking her on her back.
She enlarged her left arm, literally ignoring the laws of physics, and tried to crush all the harpoon parts and the countless chains attached to them within her now cedar-sized fingers.
But…

Fantastic Recollection
”Zabaniya”

The Noble Phantasm of the Assassin with no name didn’t allow it.
Berserker unleashed her oversized palm with enough force to obliterate everything with a touch, but the moment she touched the nameless Assassin blocking her way, her giant left hand turned into smoke.
And Berserker’s hand wasn’t the only thing that did.

Assassin's own body also vanished into a smoky cloud of morning mist, completely drifting with the wind.

“─ ─ ─ ─”

2 seconds later, when Berserker regained awareness of her left arm, it was back in the state it was before she stretched it, and Assassin was on the ground, unharmed but breathing heavily and on her knees.

This was the amazing feat of a leader named Hassan of the Intoxicated Smoke, considered the best assassin in the history of Hassan-i-Sabbah, discounting the First.
The assassin specialized in intoxicating his targets with a special smoke, but his true power was to inebriate himself, the opponent, and the world, erasing the borderlines between everything, turning himself into a literal smoke signal that enchants the world. In combat, this gives him the overwhelming power to return any and every enemy attack to zero.
His last moments had him switching off his technique and offering his life to protect a village, and learning this story was the inciting incident that led the unnamed Assassin to develop her respect for the Old Man of the Mountain lifestyle.
Not even the assassin with no name was able to perfectly copy his supreme technique. While the real deal could turn himself into mist for seven days and seven nights, she required immense amounts of magical energy to replicate it only for a few seconds.
Even so, her action clearly changed the battle state. It’s no exaggeration to say that it was a decisive factor.

Vel

Pronouns
He/Him
nah

This was the amazing feat of a leader named Hassan of the Intoxicated Smoke, considered the best assassin in the history of Hassan-i-Sabbah, discounting the First.

it's Intoxicated Smoke that's said to be the best Assassin after Gramps

Not even the assassin with no name was able to perfectly copy his supreme technique. While the real deal could turn himself into mist for seven days and seven nights, she required immense amounts of magical energy to replicate it only for a few seconds.

And No-Name can only replicate their Zabaniya for a few seconds, compared to the original who could do it for a week straight

Oh my fucking god, that makes it even worse as Intoxicated Smoke made a cameo appearance in FGO... as the dude who stupidly killed himself to save civilians in a terrible ass gambit to hold Tristan off and still screwed it up! :jordangif

No wonder King Hassan is pissed that no one has truly succeeded him if the 2nd best Assassin fucked up something so simple. The ability does look pretty good for itself though to be frank, just makes it dumber he couldn't use it against Tristan to save those villagers rather than his terrible gambit.

It's insane this fucker has a Discount Golden Experience Requiem and somehow his only decision was to kill himself against fucking Tristan to save the civilians... and that bombed. :heston

I know context is important but even the Younger Moriarty didn't screw up this hard when he had the equivalent of King Crimson.

smth smth reversal cucked him :catskully

I'm actually flabbergasted that Narita gave him such an OP ability and didn't even think of how this will look in his sole appearance in FGO:risigif

Dude can keep the ability up for a whole ass WEEK but he couldn't do it to try and sit Tristan's ass out and protect the villagers? Like I know how Tristan's shit works so there HAS to be some major issue with it that Narita should have explained so it doesn't seem stupid that he just didn't use this ability to get the villagers away from Tristan unharmed but all I got is just hypotheticals and no answers.

Vel

Pronouns
He/Him
it does specify that it works by intoxicating fuckers. so, ig, you could say that'd fall under the whole "poison doesn't work on me" aspect of reversal? maybe?

it does specify that it works by intoxicating fuckers. so, ig, you could say that'd fall under the whole "poison doesn't work on me" aspect of reversal? maybe?

Maybe, maybe it's the fact that it can't work in an attacking context(i.e. He can't easily go into it and out in a battle situation) and it's only a defensive measure to get out of danger.
Maybe it's the fact it has a limited range and can only work for attacks that target himself.
Like I said before, it's just a test of hypotheticals because Narita haven't given us a concrete reason what it's limits are, only that No Name Assassin has a hard limit on using it for a few seconds without dying from overuse.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Narita try not to suck off his OC's challenge (impossible)

Enkidu can't have all A's and Gil has to get worfed by Alcides btw

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I feel like No-Name's fights are mostly a way to indirectly boost the Hassan's because it feels like every other fight is "okay so the ability she used was cool but the original user was actually way better"

She's like EMIYA at this point where when the shit he traces shows up later it has like three extra powers and can suplex a Divine Spirit :skully

Back