• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked Baki Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
He seems very implicated. Why would he make them enemies this early if he's scum, it would be too much risky from his part.

Ok well let’s examine that

His vote on Craig doesn’t really mean anything pertaining to your point

His play around sky and xenos fits a bit better, but you could make the argument that he’s throwing that shade knowing that it’s generally better to be on the front foot than the back foot as scum, couldn’t he?

Fwiw I don’t entirely disagree with the sum total of your point, I’m more interested in how you got there

Chairman Nibel

Breath of the Wild
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok well let’s examine that

His vote on Craig doesn’t really mean anything pertaining to your point

His play around sky and xenos fits a bit better, but you could make the argument that he’s throwing that shade knowing that it’s generally better to be on the front foot than the back foot as scum, couldn’t he?

Fwiw I don’t entirely disagree with the sum total of your point, I’m more interested in how you got there
Because he's implicated. What am I supposed to say here? I don't know how he's playing in other games. The only time I've seen him playing was during the Avatar: The Last Airbender and he was a townie but wasn't very active.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I got town vibes from Xelos; I think that he had genuine feelings about his flavor talk. Aurelia is trying to push him based on a game that ended eons ago. The problem here is that they keep talking about the same subject for pages. This is definitely easy content if they are W vs. W, but I got the opposite impression. I will give them a town lean. Aurelian plays like he did in the wano game, with a lot of content and mediocre points. I never saw Aurelian as scum, so take this read based on almost no experience here.
What do you mean mediocre points from the OP game? I literally was right on everything except my read on Lethal, kind of disingenuous of you to say that.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Because he's implicated. What am I supposed to say here? I don't know how he's playing in other games. The only time I've seen him playing was during the Avatar: The Last Airbender and he was a townie but wasn't very active.

I don’t get what you mean by implicated exactly? If your point is that scum won’t push anyone or anything to avoid making enemies in the thread, then I strongly disagree with that

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I don’t get what you mean by implicated exactly? If your point is that scum won’t push anyone or anything to avoid making enemies in the thread, then I strongly disagree with that
Why are you town reading Xenos exactly?

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
Why are you town reading Xenos exactly?
Alright, I clearly don't know how much y'all know each other and what reads you have cause you're going off a plethora of past experiences that I'm not privy to. But why exactly do you not have a good read on Xenos? Not arguing against it, but I'm curious. It's hard to just read your posts and understand cause you keep pointing to other past games to make your point.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Alright, I clearly don't know how much y'all know each other and what reads you have cause you're going off a plethora of past experiences that I'm not privy to. But why exactly do you not have a good read on Xenos? Not arguing against it, but I'm curious. It's hard to just read your posts and understand cause you keep pointing to other past games to make your point.
Why are you interjecting for Gramm when I was asking him specifically?

Also what past games? I brought up one game where he opened his day 1 fluff posting in a very similar manner and paralleled to that game (RDK's Eastenders game from several months back). I didn't make mention of any other previous games I've played with Xenos, also not sure what the point your trying to make here when he's coming off flustered, agitated, and nervous as I tunneled on him which usually isn't a good sign in my experience playing with him. That and its further reinforced with him continually misconstruing my point of how he opened up talking nothing but setup spec and fluffposting here in his early posts which I compared to his silly fluffposting in day 1 of the Eastenders game.

He gives the impression of feeling positionally threatened and pressured, Not relaxed, which isn't something I'd be familiar with Xenos if he was town.

Gaddamnit

Pronouns
He/Him
Why are you interjecting for Gramm when I was asking him specifically?

Also what past games? I brought up one game where he opened his day 1 fluff posting in a very similar manner and paralleled to that game (RDK's Eastenders game from several months back). I didn't make mention of any other previous games I've played with Xenos, also not sure what the point your trying to make here when he's coming off flustered, agitated, and nervous as I tunneled on him which usually isn't a good sign in my experience playing with him. That and its further reinforced with him continually misconstruing my point of how he opened up talking nothing but setup spec and fluffposting here in his early posts which I compared to his silly fluffposting in day 1 of the Eastenders game.

He gives the impression of feeling positionally threatened and pressured, Not relaxed, which isn't something I'd be familiar with Xenos if he was town.
I'm not. But I just want you to look at this from my pov for a min. I'm trying to read this, but I know nothing, and everything I read that I don't know confuses me further. You and Xenos took up a big chunk of what I've read, and it probably stood out more cause I can't exactly form a read on others as well when there's a lot of "That's how X played in Y game when he was mafia/town" even outside of your posts. And while you might have only talked about one game, I remember Xenos mentioned another during his argument with you and it just makes things hard to grasp and these games were mentioned frequently as well.

So tldr: Not interjecting, you left an impression, I am still fuzzy about it, and I'm curious, yet not confident enough to make a read out of it.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I'm not. But I just want you to look at this from my pov for a min. I'm trying to read this, but I know nothing, and everything I read that I don't know confuses me further. You and Xenos took up a big chunk of what I've read, and it probably stood out more cause I can't exactly form a read on others as well when there's a lot of "That's how X played in Y game when he was mafia/town" even outside of your posts. And while you might have only talked about one game, I remember Xenos mentioned another during his argument with you and it just makes things hard to grasp and these games were mentioned frequently as well.

So tldr: Not interjecting, you left an impression, I am still fuzzy about it, and I'm curious, yet not confident enough to make a read out of it.
Okay but I mean I'm gauging him from his reactions and behavior in response to my vote on him. And why I'm happy to keep my vote on him. That's the tl dr version of it.

Gaddamnit

Pronouns
He/Him
To add, I didn't really have a reason to come to you asking this question besides that you're on right now. And I can get behind your reasoning except I read him as more annoyed and salty than nervous. I could be wrong and that's just how he acts when he's nervous but hey. I'm asking for a reason.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
To add, I didn't really have a reason to come to you asking this question besides that you're on right now. And I can get behind your reasoning except I read him as more annoyed and salty than nervous. I could be wrong and that's just how he acts when he's nervous but hey. I'm asking for a reason.
I’m not going to bother responding to him directly (though he still can’t seem to keep my name out of his mouth), as I agreed to give it a break.

But yeah, it’s exactly this.

I wanted him to back up his point with evidence, and he refused to at every turn because he knew it was BS.

Anyone can say secondhand “this guy is totally like he was in this other game where he was scum!”. Because almost no one is gonna bother going into the Mafia archive to find the game being referenced. But it takes real confidence to point to specific posts from that past game and try to demonstrate HOW they are similar.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I’m not going to bother responding to him directly (though he still can’t seem to keep my name out of his mouth), as I agreed to give it a break.

But yeah, it’s exactly this.

I wanted him to back up his point with evidence, and he refused to at every turn because he knew it was BS.

Anyone can say secondhand “this guy is totally like he was in this other game where he was scum!”. Because almost no one is gonna bother going into the Mafia archive to find the game being referenced. But it takes real confidence to point to specific posts from that past game and try to demonstrate HOW they are similar.

like this is a good example of what im saying - it’s confrontational but he’s asking you to beat him with evidence, rather than just attacking your credibility/ability/sanity etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back