• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked Baki Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frinckles

Paramount
I mean, I told you I agree with this but, maybe I'm wrong, didn't you also think Nibel was a good shot or am I remembering wrong? You'd pick Jinri over Nibel?
Nibel can definitely be scum, in fact for similar reasons as Jinri. I'm not ditching my magic townread yet.

But, objectively we can see that of xeno/jinri/nibel and maybe even bachi, these people aren't doing jackshit.

They pop in, move somewhere and then leave. Why aren't they worried we're handicapped and on the verge of losing? Why do they allow their early townreads to propel them through the game?

Frinckles

Paramount
Without being obnoxious, I know I'm probably the most townread slot right now. But I'm completely in the dark right now because it's difficult for me to find some of you guys. That's an open invitation for scum to try to pocket me.

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
Nibel can definitely be scum, in fact for similar reasons as Jinri. I'm not ditching my magic townread yet.

But, objectively we can see that of xeno/jinri/nibel and maybe even bachi, these people aren't doing jackshit.

They pop in, move somewhere and then leave. Why aren't they worried we're handicapped and on the verge of losing? Why do they allow their early townreads to propel them through the game?
Yeah, I feel this. I don't think Nibel isn't posting tho. It's more like I think they tried, messed up, and then tried to explain it away poorly, and now they're silent. It's hella weird. But yeah, I'll go Jinri or Nibel.

Xenos I'm conflicted about after reading this post. I did read him as town early on myself, and nothing changed since, but yeah. I see where you're coming from. For now, I'll keep my vote on Nibel until there's more productive talks. I need a little break from the debates.

RDK

Marvelous
So how many mislynches/misfires do you get before it stops being predatory and starts being fair critique?
I don't think critiquing someone being wrong in general is predatory

But using three cases to prove the point when the world view only knows the alignment of one of them is predatory. It's using one bad read and data that people don't have to push someone which isn't particularly fair.

To answer your question broadly I would never really bother to read someone like Fang based on the quality of his meta reads because well, he's not exactly a roaring success when it comes to success rate in general

Grammaton

Consigliere
I don't think critiquing someone being wrong in general is predatory

But using three cases to prove the point when the world view only knows the alignment of one of them is predatory. It's using one bad read and data that people don't have to push someone which isn't particularly fair.

To answer your question broadly I would never really bother to read someone like Fang based on the quality of his meta reads because well, he's not exactly a roaring success when it comes to success rate in general

Ok, so do you think xenos is privy to that viewpoint or not? Do you even think they would play in that way based on your past experience with them?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
but thus far, the entire game has allowed her to skate away by saying "the right things" while also pushing an agenda. Hayumi's early takeaway would be extraordinarily accurate. Jinri doesn't even try to solve.

Seriously. Show me ONE post where jinri tried to solve.
I'll do one better, where and who have Gram and Craig tried to solve besides myself and Magic? Anyone? Disregard Retro for Gram after he shaded her standing around EoD 1, he went after Chouchou who was an easy LHF.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I don't know if this is to my own detriment but I did successfully read Craig, Sky, and Doddsy as scum well and usually have Lethal pegged down as well most times. Gram's claim that the thing with Xenos was unrelated is a crock of steaming shit though. I went after him because of the fluffposting since it reminded me a bit of his intro posts in the Eastenders game.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I don't know if this is to my own detriment but I did successfully read Craig, Sky, and Doddsy as scum well and usually have Lethal pegged down as well most times. Gram's claim that the thing with Xenos was unrelated is a crock of steaming shit though. I went after him because of the fluffposting since it reminded me a bit of his intro posts in the Eastenders game.
Also rechecked and Tweet even had the same reaction to Xenos' posts.

Frinckles

Paramount
He’s already said his position is that Aurelian is town, so no
I'll honestly look into aurel more. I think he's just a hothead town and given that I know im town know you and Craig (who shot sky for some fuckin reason) may have questionable reads.

At the same time, you guys do have some meta reads.. so I'm not gonna sit on my hands and say back off of aurel, stop pushing him etc. Protecting scum as town is like my nightmare lmao. But I'm really unsure about you overall.

The way you interact with RDK for example, just looked like running interference. You change the subject, force the other party to self-evaluate and borderline gaslight. I'm really good at it when I'm scum actually. That's one reason I called you slimy. It doesn't seem inquisitive, it comes off as misdirection to me.

Anyway. I just want you to look around a bit more and I apologize if you have been and I didn't see it. I'm gonna take a backseat for an hour or two. I'll chime in every now and then.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I'll honestly look into aurel more. I think he's just a hothead town and given that I know im town know you and Craig (who shot sky for some fuckin reason) may have questionable reads.

At the same time, you guys do have some meta reads.. so I'm not gonna sit on my hands and say back off of aurel, stop pushing him etc. Protecting scum as town is like my nightmare lmao. But I'm really unsure about you overall.

The way you interact with RDK for example, just looked like running interference. You change the subject, force the other party to self-evaluate and borderline gaslight. I'm really good at it when I'm scum actually. That's one reason I called you slimy. It doesn't seem inquisitive, it comes off as misdirection to me.

Anyway. I just want you to look around a bit more and I apologize if you have been and I didn't see it. I'm gonna take a backseat for an hour or two. I'll chime in every now and then.

Ok so I think there’s a decent chance this was made in good faith so I’ll reply in kind.

WRT to RDK, he’s pushing Xenos for reasons I don’t think add up, that’s pretty clear from our conversation. I’m asking him to place his thought process on record so that I and other players can evaluate it. There’s no element of gaslighting there, and I really don’t follow your accusation that there is

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon

Please reevaulate and ISO Gram's posts from day 1.
Then do the same with Craig's as well.

You'll find a pattern,

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Also if I was scum, would I really have the audacity or balls to call bullshit directly to Craig's face about his fake claim as vig? The claim he made while the only 'pressure' he had was from me mainly, unprompted, and out of the blue?

Frinckles

Paramount
Please reevaulate and ISO Gram's posts from day 1.
Then do the same with Craig's as well.

You'll find a pattern,
Aurel if you're town you gotta slow the roll down and look around. Unless you are always an exceptional ACE of a town player, I don't know why scum!Craig and scum!Gam want you dead so bad.

Like. How would you play scum here? You are all accusing the other person of trying to hammer in a scum win by D3. Craig didn't even fucking realize Retro bonked themselves today. How many scum have you played with that don't keep tabs on who died and instead setup spec about how many town/scum/neutral are alive?

Frinckles

Paramount
Also if I was scum, would I really have the audacity or balls to call bullshit directly to Craig's face about his fake claim as vig? The claim he made while the only 'pressure' he had was from me mainly, unprompted, and out of the blue?
Unless you are only just a strongarm scum, I don't see it. I think you're tunneled and need to pull out. We've wasted a lot of time on this boring shit.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Aurel if you're town you gotta slow the roll down and look around. Unless you are always an exceptional ACE of a town player, I don't know why scum!Craig and scum!Gam want you dead so bad.
Pretty sure they want me dead because in their eyes they can engineer an easy mislynch and why they have Magic tied to me as well.
Like. How would you play scum here? You are all accusing the other person of trying to hammer in a scum win by D3. Craig didn't even fucking realize Retro bonked themselves today. How many scum have you played with that don't keep tabs on who died and instead setup spec about how many town/scum/neutral are alive?
If I was scum, I wouldn't feel pressure to tie myself hard to Magic. I don't care about any excuse about Craig forgetting that Retro was stump (which isn't even true in your example, she killed herself, he didn't forget that, he forgot she was just a stump and had no VP), I feel there's a definitely an issue with Craig's unprompted role claim while Tweet was janitor killed.

I also asked you I think earlier about why these two have not focused on solving for anyone else besides mainly me and by proxy Magic.

Frinckles

Paramount
Ok so I think there’s a decent chance this was made in good faith so I’ll reply in kind.

WRT to RDK, he’s pushing Xenos for reasons I don’t think add up, that’s pretty clear from our conversation. I’m asking him to place his thought process on record so that I and other players can evaluate it. There’s no element of gaslighting there, and I really don’t follow your accusation that there is
It was made in good faith. I can't connect to you otherwise and I get what you're saying.

I just want to know more about your other reads Gram. From your point of view, aurel surely isn't the only scum player in the game. Find the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back