• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked Baki Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
Also what are your thoughts about Tweet, Craig, and Hayumi + Jinrei?
Tweet has town vibes, I like that he's active, I like that he's found some of the same posts I found iffy to be iffy too.

Craig came off as odd, and when I asked about it he said it was an inside joke with sky. I don't really know what to feel about that. I still feel iffy about him but I don't think I can put my finger on why.

Hayumi is a no-read for me at this point

Jinrei, I'd have no problem lynching just cause they seem to be REALLY under the radar and I do remember there being a game like that before where mafia won with a member like that. It's not so much that I find Jinrei weird, it's more that I find that no one brought it up until fairly recently that I find weird, almost like some folk were hoping to let it be under wraps for as long as possible. Maybe I'm grasping for straws at this tho
Another taking the occasion to sneak in the wagon. I already explained my view, but people think I'm sheeping Sky for whatever reason.
It's not for no reason but mind explaining your view to me again or at least point me to when you've explained your views?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Aurelian why do you have Xenos in your null column after all that

You voiced your stance against his play so passionately, null seems to betray that passion imho

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Aurelian why do you have Xenos in your null column after all that

You voiced your stance against his play so passionately, null seems to betray that passion imho
Literally said I'd move him to my peripheral POE, not out of it entirely

Chairman Nibel

Breath of the Wild
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
He/Him
Tweet has town vibes, I like that he's active, I like that he's found some of the same posts I found iffy to be iffy too.

Craig came off as odd, and when I asked about it he said it was an inside joke with sky. I don't really know what to feel about that. I still feel iffy about him but I don't think I can put my finger on why.

Hayumi is a no-read for me at this point

Jinrei, I'd have no problem lynching just cause they seem to be REALLY under the radar and I do remember there being a game like that before where mafia won with a member like that. It's not so much that I find Jinrei weird, it's more that I find that no one brought it up until fairly recently that I find weird, almost like some folk were hoping to let it be under wraps for as long as possible. Maybe I'm grasping for straws at this tho

It's not for no reason but mind explaining your view to me again or at least point me to when you've explained your views?
So they would be both scum. Did Magic already use this kind of strategy before or something similar?

I meant me* by him, just a typing mistake. Like I thought, maybe they had this interaction to make think Frinckles was really trying to find something. Strategy things. But Sky stopped saying it for a reason, I don't understand. For the moment, I won't remove my vote.

Lethal

Exceptional
Anywho my thoughts are on stuff that's ancient but I'll still do it.

Odd with Magic doing a testy thing with Nibel to start off and trying to get others to follow, then going up Fang for the CP vote. I know he said he's tired of town clearing folks but this is sure a differnt statr to the game
Think Retro took a buit too much with the Magic vote fwiw
Xenos role speccing on p1 is eh. Why?
Bachi gets into as well p2, but idk, tells me nothing for alignments
Magic town leans it? Hmm ok, spec is just paper pushing stat padding of posts
Retro showing a little bit of synergy with Magic here.
Magic questiuons Frackles leaning town but is fine for himself to do it? Not sure why he's so on about Nibel's activity and post havits either. Oh he's done witht he spec stuff now with an ok response. excited town that can't hide bejhind spec. ok, that's moot then.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Gram, what's your case on Bachi?
Aka has it developed further or is it the same as it was

There isnt a 'case' really - its more a case of frink doesnt look like dead scum to me, and the only thing giving me pause on bachi is that some of his play seems a bit ooga booga to be scum (his thread presence seems to just be a mixture of opportunism and bluster), but ive been burned by that line of thought more than once on this site, so lets see what happens

Final Vote Count D1

Ultra

THE BEAR
Vote lynch Magic

unvote
vote Nibel

I like Gramm. Giving off relatively relaxed vibes, and when confronting people his reasoning makes sense to me. Solid town.

Slight town for Craig. Agreed with parts of his read list, but I get where people were coming from in that it felt safe.

Hayumi, i'll need some more time on. Most of what i'm getting so far is she's very consistent about suspecting Sky.

You... I gotta admit I don't have the time or energy to go back through most of your posts 100+ right now. I'd rather not give you a half-assed read just based on memory though. So i'm just gonna pass on you for now, sorry.

I'll give you a few bonus reads while i'm at it to make up for it though. I also think Retrolize is solid town.

IMO she's been pretty fair in her analyses up to this point. I see no attempts to twist perceptions or form any narratives.

And Nibel can just be scum tbh.

Not a lot of substance, the sudden switch on Frinckles, just gives me vibes of someone trying to fake being a clueless townie.

[Change Vote: Nibel]

I would say I do it most games. I try to pick games with series i'm interested more often than not.

From my perspective Fang made a claim that I couldn't let stand unchallenged.

I would've understood it more if I hadn't just recently played with him, but he saw me play exactly the way I am now in the recent Jojo game. Yet he decided to ignore that game and compare to me to an old game, one of the worst games i've ever played, and when asked for specific examples of how my early posts here compared to the posts from that game he refused to give them.

If someone wants to use meta from other games against me, that's fine. But they need to actually be accurate and willing to back up their claims.

welp I'm down to take a punt on magic since he's not really trying to help us get to a lynch despite saying how so important it was yesterday. others are gonna have to push it to the finish line tho cause I'm going to sleep

unvote
vote magic

I'm going to oppose my instinct and Vote Bachi

This sentence gave me a migraine sorry lol wut?

Tbf, that's what I'd expect from, well, everyone at that point. Just the way Juice did things was bizarre at that point

This? I've skimmed the thread but I don't think I've seen anyone provide anything reasonable to explain why they're going for Freckles, not in the past 6-7 pages anyways. Something about this feels artificial, if that makes sense.

Is there a particular post that comes to mind? Asking cause I have freckles strongly town leaning. They're pushing, and I've not seen them ever fly low to avoid attention. To me, that feels like a town move

Okay yeah, I had the same feeling. At this point, and I'm still not confident enough to say this, but I'm very comfortable voting Nibel.

Sorry, nothing to do with the game. I just kept reading your title as doormat administrator all this time for some reason. Gave me the giggles.

I agree with the sentiment but curious about what reasons you're talking about. And what Xenos post?

Tbf, they tried to sneak onto a wagon.

Which wagon are you talking about? Freckles or...???

I just realized I have nothing on Jenri. Nothing. Not town, not scum, not NA. Not sure I like that.

Well, that explains the above I guess

Brooo

Anyways

Vote Nibel
Final Vote Count Day 1

Aurelian - Craig > Xenos > Chouchou > Sky
Magic - Nibel > Craig > Sky
Retro - Nibel
Gram - Aurelian > ChouChou (invalid) > Frinckles > Bachi
Frinckles - Bachi
Sky - Bachi > ChouChou > Bachi > Frinckles
Craig - Bachi > Sky > Frinckles > Magic
Xenos - Aurelian > Nibel
Hayumi - Gram
Tweet - Bachi > Magic > Nibel
Bachi - ChouChou > Sky > Frinckles
Gad - ChouChou (Invalid) > Nibel
Jinri - Frinckles
Nibel - Frinckles

Frinckles - 4
Nibel - 4
Magic - 1
Bachi - 2
Sky - 2
Gram - 1

Day has ended. A majority was not achieved.

Last edited:

Lethal

Exceptional
I'm at page 8.

Town column can have magic, tweet, gram, xenos, fang cos he's not being lazy and isod magic to read town.

Is my vote needed?

I'll do a proper read up during the night and see how my thoughts track from there

Day 1 ends - No lynch + ChouChou was modkilled

Ultra

THE BEAR
Nobody was lynched. The sands of the Underground Arena were not quenched with blood today

Oh, and Juice was modkilled

u5csr4fxgto61.png

You are Hinary, Underground Fighters aligned

You possess the following abilities:

You are a vanilla townie. Your only power is in your vote

Wincon: Eliminate all threats to town

Night 1 begins. You have 24 hours.

@CraigPelton
@Magic
@ChouChou
@Sky
@Hans Tweetenberg
@Lethal
@Grammaton
@Bachi
@xenos5
@Retrolize
@Hayumi
@Aurelian
@Nibel
@jinri
@Gadministraitor
@Frinckles

Ultra

THE BEAR
The convicts gathered in Tokyo to for a proper challenge. Their meeting with the underground fighters was arranged by Mitsunari Tokugawa. After their meeting, the terms of combat had been laid out - there were no rules. The following night, blood had been spilled.

Tweet has died. His body was unrecognizable

Sky has died:

You are Mitsunari Tokugawa, Underground Fighters aligned

[x2 Kill Cop]

At night, you may investigate another player to see if that player has Killing Potential. A player has killing potential if they have access to a killing ability or a factional kill.

[x1 Bookie]

At night, you may submit a prediction for a player to be lynched the following day. If your prediction is correct, you will gain another shot of the above ability

Retro has died:

You are Kaku Kaioh, Underground Fighters aligned

[x1 Treestump]

Active. At night, you may inflict a kill upon yourself and become a Treestump, allowing you to post in the game thread after death. If you are killed at night without activating this ability, you will not be able to post after death. Fails if self-inflicted kill does not land on target by any means.

Retro has met the activation requirement for her ability and may continue to post after death

Day 2 begins. With 12 players remaining, it takes 7 to reach Majority. You have about 36 hours remaining.

Countdown Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back