Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

Pokemon GIF

End of Day 4

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
At long last, there appeared to be a breakthrough in the case. An idol turned actress, who had completed several pro-Kira interviews even before he became widely-accepted, she at the very least fit the profile of an accomplice.

The breakthrough came when investigators discovered that some police officers from the early days of the case had leaked information to her camp - surely, this was the police connection that L had identified.

"You don't understand! I just want to meet him! I love Kira!"

Her protests were ignored, and she was placed under 24/7 surveillance in an undisclosed location.

Of course, the killings continued throughout the night. As the clock struck midnight, the surveillance team logged an urgent request for help. Out of nowhere, the suspect had writhed in pain before collapsing. They didn't even need to inspect the body to know what had happened.

Misa Amane had died of a heart attack.

Big Man/Misa Amane, a Vanilla Towny, was lynched.
You are -

Misa Amane
Vanilla Towny

Town w/Lynchpin
- Eliminate all threats to the town, with at least one of L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N") surviving the game. In the event that both L and N are killed or lynched, the Town will automatically lose the game.
Vanilla - You have no other active or passive abilities, aside from your vote.​

It is Night 4. Day 5 will begin in a maximum of 18 hours time.

Start of Day 5

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
After the chaos lading well into the night, L, once confirming the death of Misa Amane with his trusted aide Watari, had gone for a walk outside. There was one store he liked to visit occasionally, in no small part thanks to the check-outs being automated. A particular feature he had noted was a statue just outside of it, apparently still under construction. He had, on one evening, done some digging on this statue, which depicted the most beloved Mayor of the coastal town he was currently staying in. He would have to move soon - probably to the Kanto region.

L had felt a strange sense of finality all day long. Every little thing he had done, he found himself thinking he may not get to do it again after this. Perhaps inspired by this feeling, in addition to his canned coffee that he had come for, he decided to pick up a bag of candied sweets. As he walked out of the store, sweet in hand, he found his body uncooperative. Thinking it a stroke of some sort initially, he realised that it wasn't that he couldn't move his body, it was that his perception of time had slowed to such an extent that it felt like his body wasn't moving at all. As if a sixth sense had kicked in, he gazed up to the statue outside, to see it growing in size before his eyes, as it begun its decent upon him. In his final moments, L realised one thing.

He had lost.

In the morning, the investigators went back into the room as usual. The rain crashed against the windows outside. As usual, they were greeted by the sight of a solemn, older man, stood next to two computer screens. Except, there was a difference this time. The screen in the middle now displayed N instead of L, and the other screen was switched off. As if sensing the question before it was asked, the N screen spoke.

"L is dead. Kira got him. In the end, L simply wasn't good enough. He was just another loser in this game."

The investigators remaining didn't have words to retaliate with.

"I understand if you want to leave. You'll all be compensated extremely well for your time and services. I've already had Watari prepare an allocation of L's fortune to each of you, for your families and their future. If you walk back out of that door and into the rain now, none of that will change. However-"

N paused, as if taking the measure of the room.

"I will soon become the next L. And if you are still driven by the same motivation that brought you here - the desire to put an end to this childish criminal, then you may stay. I have no idea how he got to L. I can't guarantee your safety. That's all."

No one left the room. Regardless of what may transpire, they were there unto the end.

Retrolize/L Lawliet, a Town Lynchpin,was killed.
You are -

L Lawliet
Town Lynchpin

Town w/Lynchpin - Eliminate all threats to the town, with at least one of L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N") surviving the game. In the event that both L and N are killed or lynched, the Town will automatically lose the game.
Lynchpin - You are one of the two lynchpins for the Town. In the event that both you and Nate River are killed or lynched, the town will lose the game. You will be made aware of Nate River's identity at the start of Night 2. You are told that Nate River will also be made aware of your identity at that point, too. You will not be able to communicate with one another outside of the game thread.
It is Day 5. With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.
This Day Phase will last for a maximum of 22 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back