Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
not really

the game was lost because we wasted two days on lethal which broke town, and then (sorry) Evans put us on the clock

at the end of the day, you were mad you misplayed your hand, you tried to make too big an adjustment and you looked like you were happy to lynch anyone. That’s on you and only you.

We knew Evans was N or L btw.
And you were literally next in Line for an N kill.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Yeah Evans really dropped the fucking ball, no offense. But this is why lynchpin games are UGH

How hard can it be to keep your mouth shut when it's your most important job?

read above.
We only had like 5 people to scan.
we were not gonna do Big Man, CP or Pegg.

Game Setup and Night Actions

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Big Man
You are -

Misa Amane
Vanilla Towny

Town w/Lynchpin - Eliminate all threats to the town, with at least one of L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N") surviving the game. In the event that both L and N are killed or lynched, the Town will automatically lose the game.
Vanilla - You have no other active or passive abilities, aside from your vote.
Psychic
You are -

Shuichi Aizawa
Vanilla Towny

Town w/Lynchpin - Eliminate all threats to the town, with at least one of L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N") surviving the game. In the event that both L and N are killed or lynched, the Town will automatically lose the game.
CraigPelton
You are -

Hideki Ide
Vanilla Towny

Poyser
You are -

Kanzo Mogi
Vanilla Towny

Ultra
You are -

Quillsh Wammy
Vanilla Towny

Lethal
You are -

Thierry Morello
Vanilla Towny

Tiara
You are -

Naomi Misora
Vanilla Towny

Evans/Retrolize
You are -

L Lawliet
Town Lynchpin

Lynchpin - You are one of the two lynchpins for the Town. In the event that both you and Nate River are killed or lynched, the town will lose the game. You will be made aware of Nate River's identity at the start of Night 2. You are told that Nate River will also be made aware of your identity at that point, too. You will not be able to communicate with one another outside of the game thread.
Grammaton
You are -

Nate River
Town Lynchpin

Lynchpin - You are one of the two lynchpins for the Town. In the event that both you and L Lawliet are killed or lynched, the town will lose the game. You will be made aware of L Lawliet's identity at the start of Night 2. You are told that L Lawliet will also be made aware of your identity at that point, too. You will not be able to communicate with one another outside of the game thread.
Ekkologix
You are -

Mihael Keehl
Savage One-Shot Killer

Savage - Kill Kira. "Kira" is defined as any player that is currently possessed by a Shinigami. Ths does not require them to be actively using a death note.
One-Shot Killer - You may kill a player a night. In the event that you are killed in the same night, your kill will resolve first. After your kill has resolved, you will be removed from the game. If you manage to kill Kira, you will be declared victorious (this will not end the game unless it would result in parity for the Mafia, in which case the Mafia and you would win). If you kill anyone that isn't "Kira", you will lose the game. During LyLo, your kill ability will change to an execute. This will replace the lynch. To execute a player, you must type in the thread "Execute: Player". Once typed, this cannot be revoked.
Doddsy
When you looked out of your school's window one day, you saw your calling fall to you. A notebook that could kill another, simply by needing only a name and a face. As Kira, a title you quickly adopted once the word of your mass killings had spread, you resolved to create a world free of all crime, with you the centrepiece to lead the masses forward. You have now reached a pivitol moment in your grand cause. Soon, the world will accept Kira as its only ruler, with many countries having already bent the knee. Your influence and power has proven to be a machine nigh unstoppable, aside from just one remaining obstacle. For should L, the world's greatest detective, and his successor N, prove unable to stop you... nothing will.

Light Yagami
Mafia Restricted Hitman
Mafia - Eliminate L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N"). You are told that both of those characters are Lynchpins, and once dead, the Mafia will be declared vicorious regardless of how many Town votes remain in play.
Restricted Hitman - Every Night Phase, you may attempt to kill a player. To kill a player, you must list out their "name" (their character/flavour name) and their "face" (their username). For example, "Kill: Ratchet (Light Yagami)". If both the name and the face match correctly, that player will be killed. You may choose the manner of their death, though this will only effect flavour. You may delay their death by up to 3 hours into the following day, after which point they will be publically declared as having died of a heart attack, with their role revealed in that writeup. You will not be told if your kill was successful until that point, if you choose to delay their death this way. As forewarning, it may not always be possible to post this death writeup within exactly three hours time, so use this death delay with appropriate caution.

You are told your Mafia partner is T-Pein (Teru Mikami). You will be invited to a conversation with them shortly once all other roles have been sent out, in which you will also be provided with fake claims.

Town Win Con -

The Town colour is Green.

T-Pein
You are -

Teru Mikami
Mafia Two-Shot Name Cop Backup Restricted Hitman

Mafia - Eliminate L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N"). You are told that both of those characters are Lynchpins, and once dead, the Mafia will be declared vicorious regardless of how many Town votes remain in play.
Two-Shot Name Cop - Every Night Phase, you may investigate a player. You will learn the name of their character/flavour. For example, "Results == Teru Mikami". You may use this ability twice in the game.
Backup Restricted Hitman - You may use this ability if Light Yagami is removed from the game. Every Night Phase, you may attempt to kill a player. To kill a player, you must list out their "name" (their character/flavour name) and their "face" (their username). For example, "Kill: Ratchet (Teru Mikami)". If both the name and the face match correctly, that player will be killed. You may choose the manner of their death, though this will only effect flavour. You may delay their death by up to 3 hours into the following day, after which point they will be publically declared as having died of a heart attack, with their role revealed in that writeup. You will not be told if your kill was successful until that point, if you choose to delay their death this way. As forewarning, it may not always be possible to post this death writeup within exactly three hours time, so use this death delay with appropriate caution.

You are told your Mafia partner is Doddsy (Light Yagami). You will be invited to a conversation with them shortly once all other roles have been sent out, in which you will also be provided with fake claims.

Town Win Con -

The Town colour is Green.
Doddsy writes Tiara's name and guesses "Nate River" and delays the death by 3 hours - Fails, Tiara is not Nate River.
T-Pein invesigates Poyser - Succeeds, receives "Kanzo Mogi".
Ekkologix abstains.
Doddsy writes Tiara's name and guesses "L Lawliet" and delays the death by 3 hours - Fails, Tiara is not L Lawliet.
T-Pein investigates Ultra - Succeeds, receives "Quillsh Wammy".
Ekkologix abstains.
Doddsy writes Evans' name and guesses "Nate River" - Fails, Evans is not Nate River.
Doddsy writes Retrolize's (replaced Evans) name and guesses "L Lawliet - Succeeds, Retrolize is L Lawliet.
Doddsy writes Grammaton's name and guesses "Nate River" - Succeeds, Grammaton is Nate River.
Game is called, Mafia win.

Last edited:

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Fwiw I‘m not a fan of lynchpin games. It boils down to scum just having to kill the right players and Town is done for. And you can‘t push anyone because anyone could be a lynchpin. Though as I said it was a good learning experience. Thanks for the game @Ratchet !

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
I just meant you were entertaining too many people as scum or scum teammies at once. If you didn't omgus me with some bullshit I probably wouldn't lynch you there

Not that it mattered, everyone was overlooking T Pein. I even started asking about him Day 4 and nobody scum read him but me
i still had u town tho. remember i said the weakest town read. if u continue scum reading me I am forced to change my read ultra. i did everything to make u see me as town. answered all ur questions. didn't avoid u or the thread. asked u to case me from anything but day 2. like what else did u want lmfao

from my position it seemed like u brute forced this. u really didn't belive u caught scum, but u hoped it would be one.

and yes, everyone had a lot of scum reads not just me. its hard to have a small list without a scum flip. at least this tells u my reads r flexible. u shudnt argue the number of scum reads but rather argue their consistency

I had at most 4 scum reads at a time, and 2 I was uncertain on. everytime a scum read becomes town read, I either move someone from my town to scum or someone from my uncertain to scum and that's fine we have no flip yet. i am still questioning these ppl

its not like I gave a scum list and just froze it. it was very dynamic and changing every time depending on what people say. i stayed very consistent in that if I scum read someone, I will not vote with them. i will ask them questions and see if I agree or not.

i think u didn't look at my posts chronologically, or just treated them in bad faith and solved me backwards rly. u played with me as scummate last game and must've assumed I am playing the same cuz of my EoD 2 and just rolled with it without really digging deeper

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Biggest problem is the wall of consensus. No discussion about Big Man was even *possible*. Dodd could have easily been lynched there as well, but for no good reason, he got 0 attention
yes and fk majority lynches lol
it encourages this toxic sheeping playstyle and makes it rly not enjoyable to do ur own thing

I can no longer just push my own scum reads cuz I have to "lol follow majority"

Grammaton

Consigliere
To put this succinctly

everyone had large poes
Your ability to get a lynch whilst having no contradictory read relationships on that wagon is basically 0 in a game like this
What you’re saying is correct on a somewhat basic theoretical level but it’s difficult to apply completely faithfully in practice

Emil

V.I.P. Member
the giveway shuda probbaly been that doddsy didn't shit talk tpein in thread this game :hestonpls

Grammaton

Consigliere
Biggest problem is the wall of consensus. No discussion about Big Man was even *possible*. Dodd could have easily been lynched there as well, but for no good reason, he got 0 attention

I mean I stalled it, we didn’t rush the lynch, we considered options and ultimately you hammered it under no pressure lol

I don’t think this point holds water

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
And I‘m happy scum wasted kills on me, so that plan worked nicely!

Wasn't wasted.
We were gonna do this with every player.

*shrugs*

Knowing you aren't a Pin just means we left you stay in the thread and not even try and lynch you

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
yes and fk majority lynches lol
it encourages this toxic sheeping playstyle and makes it rly not enjoyable to do ur own thing

I can no longer just push my own scum reads cuz I have to "lol follow majority"

Yeah it was painful. You can't just round up the lads of towncore and get a cfd, everything has to be okayed by people who don't know what they're doing or have already made up their mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back