Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
YbsiCi4.jpg

Rules
  • All players must abide by the site's code of conduct.
  • Players must not quote Role PM's. Paraphrase instead.
  • Players must not edit their posts. Instead, double post. Ideally, I would like to avoid players editing posts for grammar mistakes too, so try to keep those edits to a minimum.
  • All players are expected to make at least 5 posts per day phase. In the event of shorter days, this minimum will be adjusted accordingly.
  • Any actions that are sent in must be bolded. If you wish to lock these actions, please state so in their submission. Once locked, actions cannot be changed.
  • If you wish to sub out of the game, please let me know through your Role PM. I will then seek a replacement for you. Once you have requested a replacement, I ask that you stop posting in the game thread. If you no longer need a replacement, please let me know first in your role PM before continuing to post.
  • Any vote counts that I post will reflect only the votes cast from the thread, and may not reflect the true total of votes on a player.
Game Setup
  • This game uses Majority Lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that lynched is locked in, and the game will transition from the Day Phase until an informal Dusk phase. I will then ask for posting to cease, before ending the day shortly after. The Night Phase will begin once I have posted the End of Day writeup, and will not be extended due to shorter Days.
  • I do, however, reserve the right to extend or shorten nights should I need to. Any decision I make on this will be to ensure the game runs as smoothly and as on-time as possible.
  • Each Day Phase will last for a maximum of 48 hours. No extension will be given on this outside of extenuating circumstances. In the event that I am not around to end the day exactly on time, you may continue posting, but votes cast after the deadline will not be counted.
  • Players may fully claim role and flavour information.
  • Night Posting is not allowed.
  • As the game gets smaller, I may decrease the maximum time available for Day and Night Phases. This will be communicated in advance.
  • If you have any questions, please direct them to me via your Role PM. If any answer I provide includes something I deem should be public knowledge, I will make it so. I may not answer questions asked publicly.
  • To vote, the format used should be "Vote: Playername". This should also be bolded. I will try to count votes that do not follow this exact format, but I may miss them. If come deadline I have missed votes due to the correct format not being followed, I will not be counting them in retrospect. You have been fairly warned.
  • The Town win condition is, as follows - "Town w/Lynchpin - Eliminate all threats to the town, with at least one of L Lawliet ("L") and Nate River ("N") surviving the game. In the event that both L and N are killed or lynched, the Town will automatically lose the game."

Last edited:
Game Status

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Game Status - Endgame

Game Flow -
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
Night 5
Endgame
Setup & Night Actions

Players Alive (7) -
1 - @Ultra - Quillsh Wammy - Vanilla Towny - Endgamed Night 5
2 - @T-Pein™ - Teru Mikami - Mafia Two-Shot Name Cop Backup Restricted Hitman - Won Night 5
5 - @Black Pegged Dragon - Raye Penber - Vanilla Towny - Endgamed Night 5
6 - @Psychic - Shuichi Aizawa - Vanilla Towny - Endgamed Night 5
7 - @CraigPelton - Hideki Ide - Vanilla Towny - Endgamed Night 5
9 - @Doddsy - Light Yagami - Mafia Restricted Hitman - Won Night 5
10 - @Tiara - Naomi Misora - Vanilla Towny - Endgamd Night 5

Graveyard (6) -
- Lethal - Thierry Morello - Vanilla Towny - Lynched Day 2
- Ekkologix - Mihael Keehl - Savage One-Shot Killer - Lynched Day 3
- Big Man - Misa Amane - Vanilla Towny - Lynched Day 4
- Retrolize - L Lawliet - Town Lynchpin - Killed Night 4
- Poyser - Kanzo Mogi - Vanilla Towny - Lynched Day 5
- Grammaton - Nate River - Town Lynchpin - Killed Night 5

Last edited:
Start of Day 1

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
The small group of investigators and policemen shuffled into the room. They were each given precise instructions, to arrive at a certain time at a certain place. Once their party had formed, they had of course realised they'd been given different times and different places. Glancing over the room, their eyes fell to the centre, where there stood two tables side-by-side. To the left of them both, a solemn-looking man, head bowed, stood statuesque. Making up the centre of the formation, to the table on the immediate right of the man, was a computer with a white screen displayed. The screen was mostly blank, with the exception of a single letter in the middle - L. To the right of that table, was another computer, which appeared to be the same make and model, and in exactly the same condition - brand new. The features on that screen were almost identical to the first, except instead of the letter L, it displayed the letter N.

No introductions were required. However, that was not to say that tensions in the room had been released. Several amongst them had resented being made to take orders from a faceless detective who went by only a solitary letter, and their resentment was stoked further to find that they would be made to follow the whims of a computer screen. They didn't verbalise their complaints though, for they could not deny that results since L had taken over their investigation had been as night to day. In just the first week, L had deduced that their culprit was a student, living in the Kanto region of Japan. In the months that followed, L had further deduced that Kira had a direct connection to the police, which is the main reason why their group was now so small. Every other investigator had been either reassigned, dismissed or encouraged to retire. Smelling a crucial breakthrough, L had enlisted his successor N, and with that came a change of scenery for their headquarters. Which brings us to the present.

How to catch a killer, who can kill with only a name and a face. The cause of death - overwhelmingly, heart attacks. The closest thing they could find to a motive was that most of the dead appeared to have some criminal history, though apparently this killer, or "Kira" as the public had taken to calling him, made no distinction between petty criminals and cornershop thieves to rapists and pedophiles. His justice was swift, his judgement final, his decree, absolute. That was how their quarry operated, and it made for a case many believed would never be solved.

Breaking the silence, a distorted voice originating from the L screen summoned their attention.

"As we have now all gathered, let us begin."

It is Day 1.
With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Deadline

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Also, I think we should establish a rule this game that nobody claims unless it‘s really, really necessary. In the last DN game from Ratchet I was Mafia and we could only kill when we knew the flavour of a player. So to reduce the number of night kills we should keep the claiming at a minimum.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Also, I think we should establish a rule this game that nobody claims unless it‘s really, really necessary. In the last DN game from Ratchet I was Mafia and we could only kill when we knew the flavour of a player. So to reduce the number of night kills we should keep the claiming at a minimum.

seems like a sound idea to me

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Given the setup from last game I also expect there to be 2 Mafia, maybe a Serial or Indie and the rest should be Town.

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Oh yeah, since this helped us as scum in the last DN game. Do not talk about or name the DN charas you know this time. This can help scum narrow down who you are if you, for example, name a chara nobody would even remember (looking at you @Ekkologix ).

I‘m rereading the other game atm and looking at the tactics we used to find out flavour.

Psychic

Yennefer
Hello people, this is my first game here on this forum. Yes, I’m a psychic. No, I won’t be using my powers to play mafia games.

Very good analysis here. Kira does have the deathnote and probably won’t be able to kill us without knowing our flavor or our names. Though mafia having to guess our names would be really taxing, maybe they just need to guess our flavor like you said.

Poyser

I was gonna suggest that whenever somebody comes to claim, they can claim their role but the character should always be claimed as L or N. WIFOM the fuck out of those mafia bros

Grammaton

Consigliere
Mafia will have some way of deriving player identities or whatever it is they need to kill - assuming this game has such a mechanic in the first place

Poyser

Mafia will have some way of deriving player identities or whatever it is they need to kill - assuming this game has such a mechanic in the first place
Ye ofc. But we should make it as difficult as possible

also kinda want people to be able to claim their role tho when needed without giving them excuses to not do so as obv mafia will be way more hesitant in general to role claim

also just gonna go ahead and say I think Tiara’s opening has been pretty townie. Easy content but very easy to see from a town that has played this game by this host before and was scum lol. I imagine if drawing scum again she’d probably wanna keep more tight lipped about the tactics they used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back