• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

We’re finally getting Terminal World stuff in the TCG!!!
@Masterblack06 @Adamant soul @DestinyDestroyer

Also LOL, Konami has no confidence in this selling on its own after the last Duel Terminal related set flopped so they slapped together some Blue-Eyes themed cards to go with this and put that for the cover

What they don’t realize is that Duel Terminal release had mostly crap, reprints of cards that were bad even in 2009-2010. This set has actual new and meta-defying cards

Can’t wait to get my hands on Lancea, Dragonic Ancestor of the Ice Spirit Mountain

lancea__dragonic_ancestor_of_the_ice_spirit_by_d_evil6661_dgc5h76-fullview.jpg

:amazing

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also, prepare for First Turn Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk plays that take up the entire 20 minutes of the game before their even halfway finished

ikbauq73gsg71.jpg

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
:eksip Same energy as Obito is the coolest.

8360660-2441789008-DrH0_.jpg

wdym? why you gais keep being mad for no reason? accept it and move on, stop malding, the mc admitted it, obito is the coolest gai, nardo ever knew, he always had obito posters in his walls, he always was watching in youtube amvs, his flashback/past life, his fight with his dad, admit it, obito is that coolest dude, itachi, sauce, indra (cosmic uchiha) and madara stans, cant handle the Wobito kino :wow

:mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ice Barrier obviously

Also niggas have already turned yubel into 1 to 1.5 card multi negate boards using only a few non yubel monsters
:heston

Ritual Beast will be the best deck based on OCG results even when they have Maxx C over there but holy shit is the learning curve to know the ins and outs of how the deck really plays one of the steepest learning curves in the entire game.

Ice Barrier will be much stronger here than in the OCG. We got Toadally Awesome still legal here, making the deck both Nibiru proof (there’s two consistent plays the deck can make that have either Toad or Baronne as the fifth summon to stop Nibiru)

And with Toad, Revealer of the Ice Barrier becomes the best card in the deck.

She’s basically a 1.5 card combo into Toadally Awesome + a Level 9 Synchro such as Crocodragon or Trishula all by herself

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@DestinyDestroyer @Adamant soul @Masterblack06

Already gave away what I’m looking for. What are you guys getting? Ice Barrier, Infernoids, Ritual Beasts or LOLGenex with their fucking Link 1 Ultimate Offering on legs duct-tape-level-support monster?
Well I don't play the card game, I haven't even played Master Duel in AGES so I don't have a particular preference.
I just like seeing the anime cards I like getting more support and actually being playable. :maybe

Lazywaka

Illustrious
Also, prepare for First Turn Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk plays that take up the entire 20 minutes of the game before their even halfway finished

ikbauq73gsg71.jpg

This stuff right here is why I can never get into Yugioh again.

I might buy some cards (specially blue eyes cards) if I think that they look cool but I cant bring myself to actually duel anymore when stuff like this is semi common.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This stuff right here is why I can never get into Yugioh again.

I might buy some cards (specially blue eyes cards) if I think that they look cool but I cant bring myself to actually duel anymore when stuff like this is semi common.
No, no no.

Trust me when I say Ritual Beasts are in a league of their own when it comes to insane loops.

:hestonpls

They are stopped dead with either Nibiru or Droll though. And the sheer complexity and how easily a single wrong move can fuck up your whole play might even lead to the deck mostly being slept on.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Ritual Beast will be the best deck based on OCG results even when they have Maxx C over there but holy shit is the learning curve to know the ins and outs of how the deck really plays one of the steepest learning curves in the entire game.

Ice Barrier will be much stronger here than in the OCG. We got Toadally Awesome still legal here, making the deck both Nibiru proof (there’s two consistent plays the deck can make that have either Toad or Baronne as the fifth summon to stop Nibiru)

And with Toad, Revealer of the Ice Barrier becomes the best card in the deck.

She’s basically a 1.5 card combo into Toadally Awesome + a Level 9 Synchro such as Crocodragon or Trishula all by herself
I wanna do goofy shit with Raiho
:heston

Meanwhile through Jiraiya he learns:
  • How to get chakra from the Kyubi on command (sort of)
  • How to walk on water (yeah Ebisu started this but Jiraiya finishes it)
  • Summoning Jutsu
  • Rasengan and later Oodama Rasengan
  • How to deal with Genjutsu
  • Is basically the source of Naruto's ideology to want to bring peace
So even on a pure mentor basis, he gets a lot more from Jiraiya than he ever does Kakashi
The difference between Jiraiya and Ebisu’s training of Naruto was that Ebisu was a lame trainer that couldn’t recognize what was wrong with Naruto’s chakra control—specifically Orochimaru’s interference.

Kakashi taught Naruto about teamwork and his shadow clone. But even the wind shit was taught properly by Asuma. Kakashi always tends to just drop Naruto off to other teachers rather than 1-on-1 training with Naruto.

Probably because he's a Pervert, I saw someone refusing to vote for Roshi on a similar basis.
To hear these people, you'd think there was NOTHING more to these characters than being perverted.

Never mind the fact that pretty much EVERY Naruto character is perverted, considering how often the Sexy Jutsu works. :kobeha
How our values change. I always thought it was because he threatens the Itachi agenda.

The OP of all those Naruto vs OP threads getting mad salty Naruto's losing to Luffy badly now and claiming Naruto's DEVELOPMENT is better. Guy straight up trying to use Luffy almost starving himself when Sanji left as if it's some kind of gotcha for people complaining about Naruto's obsession with Sasuke. :breh

Like Jesus H Christ I shouldn't need to explain why those aren't even remotely comparable scenarios. Not the least of which being that Sanji is an actual FRIEND to Luffy who doesn't treat him like shit, therefore is actually deserving of the effort Luffy puts into saving him
Pfft. Sasuke straight up stabbed Naruto in the chest while Luffy called out Sanji for not admitting what he truly feels.

Like if the fight between Naruto and Sasuke started off with Sasuke not stabbing Naruto in the chest in the beginning, they would have a bigger point. But Naruto only survived due to the Nine Tails regenerating his organs.

Then he straight up tried to use Kirin on Naruto in the beginning of Shippuden, and was only stopped by fucking OROCHIMARU.

And this is all BEFORE he said he’ll burn Konoha to the ground—including the innocents that don’t know anything.

Compare it to Sanji that only did what he did because he was literally blackmailed into betraying the crew and Luffy being a good enough judge of character to know Sanji would come to their spot to feed him.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

Revealer and one other card in hand, all you need for the following combo:

Summon Revealer, discard the other card for effect, summon Hexa from deck who dumps Mirror Master from deck to grave, triggering Mirror Master to search Speaker, special Speaker, overlay Speaker and Revealer into Bahamut Shark, detach a material to summon Toadally Awesome (your fifth summon so far so fuck off Nibiru)

Link Hexa and Bahamut for Marincess Coral Anemone, Coral Anemone summons Mirror Master from grave, use Mirror Master effect to tribute Anemone to get 3 Level 1 Ice Barrier Tokens and raise Mirror Master from Level 2 to 5, Tune Level 5 Mirror Master with 1 token for Level 6 Synchro Tuner Coral Dragon, then banish your Speaker in grave to get another Token on the field.

Tune Coral Dragon (6) with all 3 tokens (Level 1) for Level 9 Ravenous Crocodragon Archethys and draw 4 cards (3 from Croco and 1 from Coral)

End board, an at least 3K attack Croc who can pop cards either players turn by discarding two cards + plus Toadally Awesome to negate and steal any one card for yourself.

If you have either the new Georgius Swordsman of the Ice Barrier in hand or Icejade Ran Aegirane + another Water, you can add Lancea to the above end board too and start summoning Ice Barriers from anywhere every time your opponents Special Summons while changing your opponents monsters to Defense

:mjlol

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Actually struggling with the Manasvin Warmech (Chapter 3) when the game literally tells you how to beat it (ie use Sentinel). :kobeha

Skipped Lightning Returns because he couldn't figure out the combat system in an HOUR.
It's not fucking rocket science mate. :tiredpepe

Needing to fight to get fire elemental shit in FFXV when you can just run to a camp site, use the draw points and get more from that than you would from fighting. I mean talk about making shit take longer for yourself. :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back