Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

Your tone was bad
Your results were bad
You weren't in your normal town play style which me, Hime, and Nat commented multiple times on
You weren't really selling to any of us who were town you weren't scum so idk fam
He was 100% in his usual town play style lol. To a tee

Poyser

Btw speaking of having to deal with stupid accusations, it felt like half the thread told.me I was playing different at the start of the game because I didn't vote in a game where I can't vote. That was madness.
Yeah I pointed that out to Ekko at the time kek

Poyser

just have to get better at the game

this lost felt better than the other loses even if the game had too much ingenuine players i respect the scum play in it

what i need to and struggle with is reading players town for stupid shit. its a skill i have to learn
Luckily we had skybox to get us used to this stuff

You think of like why would a person be doing this from a scum pov? Especially if that player is a weak scum player that tends to get caught early. Like lethal as scum isn’t gonna come out swinging at high profile players, he just isn’t. Because there’s a good chance the one he swings at will put him in the ground and he’s aware of that.

You gotta remember that people that don’t really care about the game are more often than not town, because by the nature of it being scum requires a deeper level of engagement. Ofc that’s not always gonna be true but as a generality it is. And people doing stupid shit or presenting terrible logic or even misrepresenting stuff can quite easily be townies and probably is more often than not. It’s why your “these guys need to town their ass off and show me some effort” way of solving is going to fail you 90% of the time.

I find it way easier to clear people based on stupid shit than I do to clear good players from doing good shit lol

Shepard

Preeminent
I feel like your read on Shepard requires some scrutiny here too - I don't think you duly considered Magic's read of him or why he would say that if he felt there was good chance he was wrong.

I appreciate you putting stock into Magic's dead read of me cause I understand to those unfamiliar my town play can probably be a bit goofy - it's basically like Poysers point above in that I don't really put much thought into how I'm perceived when town

Poyser

Hm, well, I feel on some level my town play is tunnely, but noted

As far as "don't kill strong players that's a coward move"...first off, am I just not to kill players who will likely not be lynched? Secondly, almost nobody suspected me, it's not like you can even point that out as a consideration. I'm not really sure what you're recommending here that doesn't fall under the envelope of massively suboptimal play.
He wants us to let the good players live so we can lose with finesse rather than playing optimally and ensuring the win

Shepard

Preeminent
Btw speaking of having to deal with stupid accusations, it felt like half the thread told.me I was playing different at the start of the game because I didn't vote in a game where I can't vote. That was madness.

I like that I've managed to town read you in this game and ekkos pretty early for dumb reasons

just a shame you died

Shepard

Preeminent
He wants us to let the good players live so we can lose with finesse rather than playing optimally and ensuring the win
tbf killing cp then magic probably points to you on the scum team if you don't just get vigged lolol

there's not too many other players on this list I'd have put down to do that

Shepard

Preeminent
I can't wait until Shep arrives. His whole "Fuck I gave shield to Rich, should have trusted my gut and given it to Ultra" post had me cackling
falcon-sam-wilson.gif

Shepard

Preeminent
Uh, a fair deal of this was mutual. I would go as far as to say that you/Nat were unable to process new information period and just suspected players for level 1 reasons. I happened to be included in this group and also cooly was at the back of that line, but I don't think Kekko should deserve all the blame here. Think his worst posts were honestly during the last day regarding subs.

that or just trying to start 4 different CFDs in a system where we weren't even getting close to consensus until an hour before deadline

Poyser

@Magic Is being too hard on Ekko here. People make mistakes. He definitely can't take all the blame here. Town as a whole did badly, including you, considering you almost killed me instead of Poyser and tried very hard to get me lynch day 1 too. Blaming this on Ekko when he had to hardcore defend me from literally everyone for 4 days straight plus had to defend himself for defending me.

@Ekkologix I'm sorry I was a crutch to you this game. I promised you next game that I will be your strength, not your weakness.
Sounds like Ekko got himself a good wifey

Magic

Resplendent
those of us that knew him didn't think he was scummy for it, he's just got a big range but that comes w/ experience
TBF the best way to catch me in the past was basically letting stupid shit slide that I otherwise.

Now I don't read host ops or flips unless it's needed so that doesn't apply, well at least in the setup sense.

Magic

Resplendent
I remember a game where you got me to claim day 1 as the cop so i counter wagoned you and you turned out to be the BG or something
I remember this too. Even in this game you drew night 1 protection over me and almost the night 1 kill. Gonna have to put that chip back on my shoulder

Shepard

Preeminent
Do ratchet and ultra have their own group name?

I'd judge but I'm in the 4 horsemen so I can't.

Altho there's more internal feuding.

3/4 of us in a game is probably the best we can hope for because IMP would hate the level of activity here

I'd love to see him in a game w ekko tho for the lols

Poyser

I think not catching Rich from his claim was the bigger misplay tbh. If we can get it down to just one I think there's a world Ultra loses this. Otherwise it's just never happening

we had him D1/2 and then he claims voyeur and everyone accepts it which lets him coast until Ratchet came in with the last minute hail mary

The point about why we'd need an anti recruit role when the sign up thread said we'd get one on the successful recruit is one of those that in hindsight should have been obvious
Even bigger when you consider his role was the one with the extra kill that allowed the recruit to finish the game

Tho the recruit would have got it as a backup anyway I think, but if Richard is already dead then obv it’s not as powerful

Shepard

Preeminent
I remember this too. Even in this game you drew night 1 protection over me and almost the night 1 kill. Gonna have to put that chip back on my shoulder
back in the days where we were comparable in terms of ability and people would favour me since I was nicer

now i'm just washed and cursed to live till endgame when I peak in day 1

Shepard

Preeminent
Aurelian?
Probably because he was straight up lying and making stuff up to back up the points he was trying to make kek

This was annoying tho ngl

I had to just try and reconcile it as a scum led thought process to not go insane but it's good to know for future games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back