To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

One and Only

Illustrious
I have a few questions bugging me about abilities in Toaru, so I think I can pose it here. If it clogs the thread, people can just PM me.

Besides Phases, and the God tiers is there any notable instances of a Toaru mage teleporting or distorting space around an area? I can only remember Marian and izzard's stuff. Even crossovers and stuff still counts for me as long as Kamachi wrote it.

Does Accelerator have a feat for sensing things at mid to long range? I feel like Vector Analysis (or whatever his unnamed ability to read things, sheer super intelligence?) is somewhat underrated as part of Accel's arsenal.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Besides Phases, and the God tiers is there any notable instances of a Toaru mage teleporting or distorting space around an area?
There might be something with Birdway? And maybe a few other chars.
Does Accelerator have a feat for sensing things at mid to long range? I feel like Vector Analysis (or whatever his unnamed ability to read things, sheer super intelligence?) is somewhat underrated as part of Accel's arsenal.
Accelerator calculated vectors for wind all the way to britain in his battle against Touma.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I have a few questions bugging me about abilities in Toaru, so I think I can pose it here. If it clogs the thread, people can just PM me.

Besides Phases, and the God tiers is there any notable instances of a Toaru mage teleporting or distorting space around an area? I can only remember Marian and izzard's stuff. Even crossovers and stuff still counts for me as long as Kamachi wrote it.

Pendex distorts space with some of her spells, anyone with Curtana cuts through dimensions, Aleister tore a hole through space to step into the Hidden Phase the Magic Gods were in, and Coronzon ripping a hole through space after getting out of World Rejector’s timeline come to mind.

2:50 Accelerator’s vector manipulation let’s him always know the opponents current location even while invisible by sensing air flow and motion all around him.

Also here’s him getting accurate readings of an unborn baby still within the womb to save both the baby and the mom.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Anna cut the space.
Alice control the reality and the space.
Depending on how you interpret it, Almighty Thor can be classified as a spatial ability.
Fiamma has a type of teleportation and the HR probably ignores space as Thor claims that Fiamma could beat him.
The Archangels distort reality and Gabriel was able to stop with his hand a weak version of Curtana but it still cut through space.
I don't remember exactly how it was, but Gremlin caused the distortion in Baggage City space.
It is not clear who it was but one of the Golden Dawn wizards caused some kind of black hole or weird effect in space that swallowed many Crowley Hazard.

I'm probably forgetting some on the magic side, on the science side in the current arc it looks like old #1 had some kind of control over space-time.

Maybe it depends on the precision, for example he could feel that there is someone invisible nearby by the movement of the wind when he touches him, but I doubt he knows exactly who it is.

As far as distance at least as far as I remember, when he made his plasma storm he must have felt the air flow of the entire city and in the Accelerator manga, when he takes a bit of the kinetic energy from the rotation of the earth, is seen that he analyzes all the movement of the Earth, so I suppose that his range will depend on whether he has a contact of some kind, he should not feel something that happens on another planet for example.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Anna cut the space.
Alice control the reality and the space.
Depending on how you interpret it, Almighty Thor can be classified as a spatial ability.
Fiamma has a type of teleportation and the HR probably ignores space as Thor claims that Fiamma could beat him.
The Archangels distort reality and Gabriel was able to stop with his hand a weak version of Curtana but it still cut through space.
I don't remember exactly how it was, but Gremlin caused the distortion in Baggage City space.
It is not clear who it was but one of the Golden Dawn wizards caused some kind of black hole or weird effect in space that swallowed many Crowley Hazard.

I'm probably forgetting some on the magic side, on the science side in the current arc it looks like old #1 had some kind of control over space-time.

Maybe it depends on the precision, for example he could feel that there is someone invisible nearby by the movement of the wind when he touches him, but I doubt he knows exactly who it is.

As far as distance at least as far as I remember, when he made his plasma storm he must have felt the air flow of the entire city and in the Accelerator manga, when he takes a bit of the kinetic energy from the rotation of the earth, is seen that he analyzes all the movement of the Earth, so I suppose that his range will depend on whether he has a contact of some kind, he should not feel something that happens on another planet for example.
That reminds me, Sprengel basically pulled a Curtana Original didn't she?
Not surprising, given the hype around people at her level.

And I'd assume Accelerator can at the very least sense the movement of people in his environment (on a city-planetary wide scale), but maybe not to a super precise degree. Basically pseudo-precog in a sense.

Or Kamachi just forgot about how strong that aspect of his ability is 🤷‍♂️

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Based on that feat with the pregnant woman, his senses through vectors are pretty accurate down to a T

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That reminds me of something I noticed in GT5..
unknown.png

What would this even be classified as? Like could you even resist this?
Because this practically gives her/Accelerator prior knowledge on an opponent when they fight, which given how Accelerator's ability works off of how well he knows the phenomenon at hand/his personal knowledge, this is pretty damn helpful.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
That reminds me of something I noticed in GT5..
unknown.png

What would this even be classified as? Like could you even resist this?
Because this practically gives her/Accelerator prior knowledge on an opponent when they fight, which given how Accelerator's ability works off of how well he knows the phenomenon at hand/his personal knowledge, this is pretty damn helpful.
@Masterblack06, @Xhominid The Fool your thoughts?

Reading it I guess it would work on anybody in the to-aru verse, but unless we're allowing equalization I wouldn't think that Qliphah would be able to read the history of anyone outside of it.

There's also the fact that it seems that she can read the history of anyone that has 'darkness' so maybe it wouldn't work on anyone 'purehearted/purely good.'

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Reading it I guess it would work on anybody in the to-aru verse, but unless we're allowing equalization I wouldn't think that Qliphah would be able to read the history of anyone outside of it.

There's also the fact that it seems that she can read the history of anyone that has 'darkness' so maybe it wouldn't worked on anyone 'purehearted/purely good.'
Yeah, it seems like it wouldn't work on anyone outside of the verse if she has to reference something within the verse to know their history. If it was something like "Guinness Search" then it would be a different story cause all that required was Wolf King sniffing really hard.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

There's also this but I'm not really sure if it means anything:hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can’t really be applied since it never was. Coronzon injured Accelerator with an internal attack he didn’t see coming and he later fought Magic God Nephthys largely blind against her capabilities

Not a fan of coming up with abilties for characters without it at least being backed up with some kind of demonstration

There's also the fact that it seems that she can read the history of anyone that has 'darkness' so maybe it wouldn't work on anyone 'purehearted/purely good.'

I have to agree with Black in this instance. It seems more like she's using the Universes' Akasha Records to know how someone is and how they operate which shouldn't work in a VS. Battle.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You know, I've been wondering.

If Accelerator can take the vectors/energy/velocity/whatever you want to call it of the entire planet without physical contact, doesn't that mean he can basically speed steal like the Flash (in a way) from his opponent (among other things)? :hm

Could be wrong about this though.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
You know, I've been wondering.

If Accelerator can take the vectors/energy/velocity/whatever you want to call it of the entire planet without physical contact, doesn't that mean he can basically speed steal like the Flash (in a way) from his opponent (among other things)? :hm

Could be wrong about this though.
Pretty sure Accelerator did touch the earth in order to pull that off lmao. But he could 'speed steal' by redirecting the energy in the human body away from important organs thus tiring them out, but he'd need to touch them, at that point it's probably better to just use there own bioelectricity to shock em.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Pretty sure Accelerator did touch the earth in order to pull that off lmao. But he could 'speed steal' by redirecting the energy in the human body away from important organs thus tiring them out, but he'd need to touch them, at that point it's probably better to just use there own bioelectricity to shock em.
Do you happen to have the quote on you? Because I could've sworn all he did was push his hand into the wall (or building in the anime, w/e) and throw it using said energy he took from the entire planet.

Unless you want to say "oh, well his feet were technically touching the ground and thus indirectly the entire Earth", which I mean... maybe?
But then why can't you stretch that to apply to an opponent or projectile coming right at him?
They're indirectly touching him through the air and all 🤔

Though I guess all of this is a moot point if he has access to his Wings anyway.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That also reminds me, was the Holy Right ever stated to have the capability of permanently killing Archangels? I could've sworn there was something along those lines said somewhere.
Given that they can basically regenerate from complete physical destruction (iirc), that sounds like something pretty significant for it to have.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Do you happen to have the quote on you? Because I could've sworn all he did was push his hand into the wall (or building in the anime, w/e) and throw it using said energy he took from the entire planet.

Unless you want to say "oh, well his feet were technically touching the ground and thus indirectly the entire Earth", which I mean... maybe?
But then why can't you stretch that to apply to an opponent or projectile coming right at him?

Though I guess all of this is a moot point if he has access to his Wings anyway.
I think it's a manga scan but I can't find right now.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean accelerator was able to calculate and control wind all over AC to Britain despite only having control over the molecules of air he was touching so...

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That also reminds me, was the Holy Right ever stated to have the capability of permanently killing Archangels? I could've sworn there was something along those lines said somewhere.
Given that they can basically regenerate from complete physical destruction (iirc), that sounds like something pretty significant for it to have.
It is only implied that he is superior but it is not made clear if he can give them a permanent kill or just a KO.

Back